PDA

View Full Version : Lawn care

Xalibar
09-19-2012, 07:14 PM
When it comes to lawns, does it really matter whether or not you put down grass seed and other lawn care stuff? I always figured people who did that were just really into their lawns and trying to make them look beautiful like in magazines. My mom does these things but she never used to a long time ago, and the lawn, at least from what I remember, always seemed fine to me. So is it really a big deal if you used lawn care items or not, and just let the lawn be?

Shiny
09-19-2012, 07:38 PM
My neighborhood cares very much about our lawns. We must have green lawns. My dad puts some stuff on it - though the name escapes me at the moment - and it fertilizes it. It's also organic, with no polluting chemicals.

He pretty much mows the lawn every week. Me on the other hand, I'm more in to helping him plant the flowers. Gardening is very relaxing to me.

Our backyard is damaged and looks a lot less impressive. Some of my dogs ruined it by digging and urinating.

Shorty
09-19-2012, 08:58 PM
The homeowner's association for my street hires landscapers to make sure our lawns are kept nice and clean. I've heard about crazy stories, though, like old ladies getting fined because their yards aren't taken care of. How are they supposed to get on their hands and knees to pull weeds? :aimmad:

Tigmafuzz
09-19-2012, 09:01 PM
I've heard about crazy stories, though, like old ladies getting fined because their yards aren't taken care of. How are they supposed to get on their hands and knees to pull weeds? :aimmad:

I love gardening. I also tend to the lawns of the little old ladies down the street so they don't have to worry about getting fined for things they can't easily take care of themselves :-*

Jessweeee♪
09-19-2012, 10:01 PM
I just make sure it's under a foot to avoid getting fined and don't give a fuck about it otherwise. We're in a severe drought, so to me a perfect lawn is a sign that the owner is a douche bag that is ignoring the water restrictions :monster:

Alpha2099
09-19-2012, 10:03 PM
I hate cutting grass, so I see no reason to go buy stuff that helps my grass grow and look good.

(On an unrelated note: POST #500! :D:cool::jess:)

Jiro
09-20-2012, 03:53 PM
I don't even know what we're doing to take care of the lawn at my new place. Suppose the mower gets a run. Always challenging when you live on slopes.

Christmas
09-20-2012, 03:55 PM
I uses organic fertilizer on my lawn.

Jinx
09-20-2012, 10:12 PM
I keep my bush trimmed.

Faris
09-20-2012, 10:16 PM
Condo fees: Ridiculously high and keeps your lawn decent looking.

Denmark
09-20-2012, 10:18 PM
If it rains and this causes the grass to grow, the grass gets cut. If not, it doesn't get cut.

Sephex
09-20-2012, 10:22 PM
Apartment. Don't have a lawn. Don't want to care for one either, so that's fine.

Jowy
09-20-2012, 10:32 PM
i live on a hill...mowing the lawn is a smurfing ordeal.

pretty awesome to come in all sweaty reeking of freshly cut grass and plopping down and having a beer and a lemonade though. :aimsun:

Miss Lady Shelly
09-21-2012, 06:44 AM
Live in a condo.. we got landscapers.

Tigmafuzz
09-21-2012, 06:47 AM
I uses organic fertilizer on my lawn.

:erm:

I keep my bush trimmed.

Lawn, Sam. Lawn.