PDA

View Full Version : New layout! Woooooo

milliegoesbeep
09-20-2012, 03:59 PM
Hiii everyone!

Okay, well, about a week or so ago I put forward an idea to pretty-fy the front site and make it more visually appealing. Now, thanks to Rantz and his totally awesome coding skills, my vision came true!

We're hoping this will be the new default, so change your themes to Sasquatch and take a peek! If any of you have some suggestions on how the layout can be improved or it's name, leave your comments here! :3

Pike
09-20-2012, 04:02 PM
I like it :) A couple issues I've noticed right off the bat, though:

*The left side of the theme runs off my monitor and cuts the beginning of things off. So "New posts" says "w posts", for example.

*It's difficult to see the Quick Reply box because it appears to be the same exact color as the surrounding area.

This is using the latest version of Firefox on my laptop; the operating system is Lubuntu Linux 12.04.

Hollycat
09-20-2012, 04:13 PM
Hate it. Don't like lightning. How come when you put forward an idea, it gets done within a month, I put forward an idea and get beat up by psycho midgets?

Make it zack and it'll be awesome. Even better, add an option in settings to choose a background color and character.

Balzac
09-20-2012, 04:18 PM
kNock that white back, it's too bright and makes it difficult to distinguish certain areas. Other than that its an nice clean layout.

Agent Proto
09-20-2012, 04:30 PM
It's awesome. Though, make a few changes, like darken the color on the left of the posts since some of the titles really clash with the current color.

Madonna
09-20-2012, 04:33 PM
What a tall banner. I generally like the style.

Shorty
09-20-2012, 04:49 PM
Please keep in mind that people have volunteered time out of their lives to try and make a nice shiny skin for our forum in honor of the new game so everyone here will TAKE WHAT THEY ARE GIVEN AND LIKE IT. :)

Rantz
09-20-2012, 05:01 PM
or it's name

Fabulous New Crystalline

Goldenboko
09-20-2012, 05:20 PM
Hate it. Don't like lightning.

Well considering she's been a star of two, now going on three of the latest final fantasies, you're going to have to deal with that because it's a no brainer for us to have a skin based around her. :)

How come when you put forward an idea, it gets done within a month, I put forward an idea and get beat up by psycho midgets?

Perhaps because she spent a lot of time doing graphics work herself working constantly and closely to see this come to fruition? If you have an idea you'd like to propose to the staff, please do so in the feedback forum. As for the Psycho-Midgets, sounds like you just need to play less Borderlands.

Make it zack and it'll be awesome. Even better, add an option in settings to choose a background color and character.

You pretty much described the skin system already in place :|

or it's name

Fabulous New Crystalline

I like it! Seconded.

It's awesome. Though, make a few changes, like darken the color on the left of the posts since some of the titles really clash with the current color.

This is a very good point and should be taken into consideration and fixed.

This is using the latest version of Firefox on my laptop; the operating system is Lubuntu Linux 12.04.

Respect.

Madame Adequate
09-20-2012, 05:23 PM
This is pretty great tbh

And there are like a million dark themes already, so just use one of those if you're a weirdo who doesn't like nice clean bright ones like this.

Pike
09-20-2012, 05:38 PM
Disregard my notes from earlier in this thread; both of my concerns have been addressed! I love this theme! Possibly my current favorite :jess:

Old Manus
09-20-2012, 06:34 PM
Well I'm definitely not gonna use this skin when my bros are looking.

Or actually visit a final fantasy message board on the internet during such periods

Clo
09-20-2012, 06:38 PM
I want a new skin for mobile. :colbert:

Baloki
09-20-2012, 06:41 PM
Would prefer if we stuck with the EoFF logo orb did for us that we've been using for years, if you need the psd give me a shout. otherwise like it.

Jinx
09-20-2012, 06:49 PM
It's so pretty and girly!

I most know: can you see rep in this skin? For example, Fluffy Puff you cannot, which is the reason I'm not using that skin. If you can't in this skin, I won't use it either.

Goldenboko
09-20-2012, 06:53 PM

I most know: can you see rep in this skin? For example, Fluffy Puff you cannot, which is the reason I'm not using that skin. If you can't in this skin, I won't use it either.

The skin is currently in development. I'm sure rep will be added before it's finished. Consider this Beta testing ;)

Freya
09-20-2012, 07:06 PM
I'm in love with this skin! Great job team ^_^

Jinx
09-20-2012, 07:53 PM

The skin is currently in development. I'm sure rep will be added before it's finished. Consider this Beta testing ;)

I didn't say it DIDN'T, just asking if it DID. If it doesn't, and it is being worked on to be added, that's great. Either way it's a lovely skin.

Goldenboko
09-20-2012, 07:57 PM

I didn't say it DIDN'T, just asking if it DID. If it doesn't, and it is being worked on to be added, that's great. Either way it's a lovely skin.

I was saying it didn't. :monster: But it will.

Iceglow
09-20-2012, 08:00 PM
As previously stated the colour to the left of posts needs shaking back just a couple of shades down the scale. Some people like Tifa's Boob's for example with her baby pink title don't show up too good. Also noticed that the CK title doesn't stand out so well (doubt there's a masking process for changing those titles/etc colour instead which would also work, especially since coloured titles are code forced by admins)

Other than that it's a nice clean skin and the EoFF logo looks cool as is. I doubt the EoFF orb would work tbh. Though Baloki might want to draw up a logo himself and stop being so god damn lazy and see if it works better, post an image of both options in here and we'll see what one gets public opinion?

Denmark
09-20-2012, 09:16 PM
None of the non-black custom titles and staff titles that I've seen show up very well due to low contrast.

Also, the left side of the page looks emptier than usual due to the huge image on the right side.

Apart from that, it's clear a lot of effort was put into the design, good job. :D I probably won't use it though because too bright (for me) and too girly (for me) and idk who that person is on the right side and EoFF Classic 4 lief

Jinx
09-20-2012, 09:34 PM
It looks like a Xanga.

Raistlin
09-20-2012, 11:00 PM
I think it's overall well-done. Lightning's giant face constantly on the right is a bit distracting, which is the only criticism I can now see. The colors seem to go together well, and it seems fairly polished. Although you do seem to be missing a layout-specific icon for closed forums (the General Archive icon is the vB default).

Personally, it's a little too white and bright for my tastes, and so I will be the old fogey sticking with NeoClassic, but I think it's a good layout.

Jiro
09-21-2012, 12:10 AM
Hate it. Don't like lightning. How come when you put forward an idea, it gets done within a month, I put forward an idea and get beat up by psycho midgets?
That's because milliegoesbeep actually constructed half a dozen variants and was actually instrumental in piecing it together. I know how you feel but there's gotta be initiative if anything's to get done.

Christmas
09-21-2012, 01:52 AM
Where are the Umaro(s)?

Jinx
09-21-2012, 02:12 AM
Way to go, millie. :)

Also, yay, rep hearts :D lovely!

Laddy
09-21-2012, 03:17 AM
This is a cool layout! I'mma stick with it for now; it looks so sleek!

milliegoesbeep
09-21-2012, 10:03 AM
We actually removed an image on the last because it made the site look too squashed. If it's that much of a problem, i'm sure we can come up with something for you guys.

Jinx
09-21-2012, 01:50 PM
We actually removed an image on the last because it made the site look too squashed. If it's that much of a problem, i'm sure we can come up with something for you guys.

I'd like to at least see the option.

Agent Proto
09-22-2012, 02:40 AM
Hearts?! :mad: I am not very pleased with this...

Okay, I lied. I love them! :love:

Del Murder
09-23-2012, 07:08 PM
Lightning Reborn

fire_of_avalon
09-23-2012, 07:42 PM
This is the first time since Aeris Reborn came about that I've changed themes.

Good job.

EDIT: And Samus looks crazy with the white.