PDA

View Full Version : They're waiting for you Gordon, In the test chamber...

Baloki
09-22-2012, 08:03 PM
4_SmxkW33ZM

I'm a bit shocked there wasn't a thread on how awesome Black Mesa Source (http://www.blackmesasource.com) is, so yeah discuss how ace it is :D The high res textures make reading the blue screen of death everywhere ace :D?

Slothy
09-23-2012, 12:35 AM
Beat it this afternoon actually (and by that I mean I finished the Lamda complex since Xen isn't done yet). Quite good for a mod. Some things I didn't like as much. The jump height is awful, ladder climbing is actually trickier than in the original since mounting and dismounting them is harder than it should be, and some of the new level design is a lot busier than I'd want to see. That said, it's a worthy update to Half-Life and none of those issues really make it unplayable. Eventually you kind of get used to the jump height for example, even if it is still stupidly low. I shouldn't have to crouch jump on everything ever. Hell, I'm used to crouch jumping all of the time and I was still missing some jumps. But if that's all I have to complain about then they did a damn good job.

The soundtrack is awesome as well.

Skyblade
09-23-2012, 07:44 AM
Here I thought this might be an announcement that Valve had finally learned to count to three.

Besides, while I know Half Life started in a test chamber, when I think of test chambers and Valve games, I now think Portal. So the thread name is really messing with me.

I might check out the mod a bit later, but if jumping is annoying, I'm not sure I'm going to like it.