PDA

View Full Version : What if

Jiro
09-23-2012, 03:05 AM
There's this topic on GameFAQs (http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/681990-lightning-returns-final-fantasy-xiii/64104040) about what would happen if Square Enix merged with Mistwalker. Clearly it would be like getting the gang back together, but I don't think the magic of the old school Final Fantasy games would comes back. Honestly, I think Mistwalker stands a better chance on its own as it has released some pretty kickass games since it was founded. So what do you reckon?

ShinGundam
09-23-2012, 03:44 AM
I think it means nothing because Mistwalker isn't an actual developer and their games are developed by Artoon and feel plus.

Me? I don't like Mistwalker games at all nor i care about FF/JRPG magic and soul, I just would love to have a bleeding edge JRPG like i used to no more or less.

Wolf Kanno
09-24-2012, 05:20 AM
It would be interesting, but I agree that the magic wouldn't really be there anymore. Part of the issue would be what would happen to Mistwalker's staff, I mean if they are simply just absorbed as a new development team, then it won't really affect other SE brands, of anything, Mistwalker titles would just have better resources and have less things for naysayers to whine about.

If they were absorbed with the intention of putting Sakaguchi back in charge of FF, I don't really know what would happen because I feel the very environment of SE has changed and looking at how Mistwalker is run, I would guess that Sakaguchi would probably quit pretty soon after, he doesn't seem as interested in what corporate is telling him would sell well. He just likes making games and I'm sure he's been the "boss" for so long that he would not take well to being a subordinate again. I'm sure the olde Square employees wouldn't mind seeing him back but outside of getting some advice from him (which they do even now from what I've heard) I doubt him returning would affect anything they do either.

Loony BoB
09-24-2012, 11:24 AM
I personally would prefer if all the various teams within Square split up. Right now I feel that SE suffers from lack of major competition within the JRPG genre.

Mercen-X
09-26-2012, 12:16 AM
TRUTH TRUTH TRUTH TRUTH TRUTH