PDA

View Full Version : Olympic Triple Triad Tournament

Slothy
09-23-2012, 04:46 PM
Continuing with our 25th anniversary Olympiad, I'm here to bring you the only event that makes any sense for FFVIII:

Triple Triad

The rules are simple:
- Players will be randomly assigned a placing in the tournament brackets
- Winners move on to subsequent rounds and losers get participation awards (not really)
- Play continues until we have two finalists who will duke it out for the Gold. The two players who fail to make it into the finals will play for third place.

The tournament format is single elimination. Each round will be a single game for expediency. Semi-finals will be best of three. Finals will be best of five. All games are will be played using the Forums triple triad feature so all anyone needs is to buy a deck or two and play. After each game is complete, if both players can post the results here that would be wonderful so I can keep track of the winners.

In three or four days I will end the signup phase so I can make up the brackets and people can get started. So sign up early folks to make sure you get in. Current signups are below.

Tournament brackets:

Prelim:
Vivi22 versus Goldenboko

Now the first round brackets will go as follows:
1. Winner of prelim. Vivi22
1. Jiro

2. Gamblet
2. Rantz

3. Shauna
3. Tifa's Boobs

4. Karifean
4. Quin

Game rules are as follows:

You should play with everything activated (Same, Same Wall, Plus, Combo, Closed) except the troutty ones (Elementary, Random). This effectively levels the playing field, regardless of what level cards are being used.

Rantz
09-23-2012, 04:58 PM
I am so entering.

Edit: Should we limit it to certain card levels? I have up to level 4 cards, dunno what everyone else has but it's nearly impossible to win against a lv4 deck with a lv2 deck, at least without the Plus rule.

Goldenboko
09-23-2012, 05:04 PM
I am entering this.

Gamblet
09-23-2012, 08:34 PM
I'll enter too. (I have lvl 1 cards only) haha

EDIT:Lower the price a little?

Quindiana Jones
09-24-2012, 02:09 AM
I am entering this with the most enthusiasm possible.

Jiro
09-24-2012, 11:46 AM
I will destroy you all. Sign me up.

Shauna
09-24-2012, 12:36 PM
Yeah, so I probably only have Lvl1 cards. Is it even worth my time entering, or am I going to get smashed? Competition is only good if there is actually a chance of winning. :3

Slothy
09-24-2012, 01:18 PM
I'd imagine you may be at a slight disadvantage, but level 2 cards aren't dramatically better than level 1 so a win should still be possible, if a bit more difficult. Perhaps I'll bring this up with the Olympic committee, but I'd still enter even if I only had level 1's if only because this is all for fun. And who knows, you could potentially pull off an upset victory. :D

Shauna
09-24-2012, 01:23 PM
I was gonna sign up regardless. :p

Just like to complain a bit. xD

(Also how do I even Triple Triad oh god I have been gone too long)

Slothy
09-24-2012, 02:25 PM
Don't feel too bad. I've honestly never played TT here either. :D

Quindiana Jones
09-24-2012, 05:51 PM
You should play with everything activated (Same, Same Wall, Plus, Combo, Closed) except the shitty ones (Elementary, Random). This effectively levels the playing field, regardless of what level cards are being used.

Gamblet
09-24-2012, 08:41 PM
You should play with everything activated (Same, Same Wall, Plus, Combo, Closed) except the troutty ones (Elementary, Random). This effectively levels the playing field, regardless of what level cards are being used.

This.

Slothy
09-26-2012, 11:17 PM
Loving the participation so far, but come on guys. Let's at least get it to an even number so my OCD doesn't drive me crazy.

Slothy
09-28-2012, 02:07 PM
Double posting to make an announcement: I'll be ending signups tonight and getting the tournament brackets ready. If anyone else wants to sign up, you've got around 6-8 hours or so depending on when I get to this tonight.

Slothy
09-28-2012, 05:44 PM
Yep, it's the sites Triple Triad, and it shouldn't be a problem to give a few extra days to complete the first round so you can participate Sam. Is it just Saturday and Sunday that don't work for you? I can set the deadline for Monday or Tuesday if so. We might tighten things up a bit in later rounds if most people can get their games in quickly, but I'd rather take a little longer and not disqualify someone because they can't get a game in before the deadline.

Slothy
09-28-2012, 06:22 PM
S'all good. We shall accommodate.

Karifean
09-28-2012, 08:50 PM
Oh whatever, if it's still possible, I'd like to give it a whirl as well. I'm ... not exactly good at Triple Triad but whatever. Gaudii Causa.

Slothy
09-28-2012, 10:47 PM
Oh whatever, if it's still possible, I'd like to give it a whirl as well. I'm ... not exactly good at Triple Triad but whatever. Gaudii Causa.

I should say no because it leaves us with an odd number, but you're in just the same. Still a little bit of time if anyone else wants to squeak in under the wire. Otherwise I'll be making brackets with this group later tonight.

Also, don't worry about sucking at TT. I haven't played since the last time I seriously played FFVIII, and I disliked the thought of losing cards so much that I refused to play without GF/character cards and with the rules heavily in my favour. I'm probably going to get my ass kicked.

EDIT: That's it folks. Sign ups are finished. Now since we have an odd number, and simply advancing someone to the next round would leave us with an odd number again, we'll have to do things a bit differently than I'd hoped. Basically, two of us are going to play a preliminary match to decide who even advances to the first round. Since I don't want to put anyone else in the position of getting knocked out before the first round, I'm nominating myself and Goldenboko to duke it out for the right to compete since we are two of the hosts of this here shindig.

Prelim:
Vivi22 versus Goldenboko

Now the first round brackets will go as follows:
1. Winner of prelim.
1. Jiro

2. Gamblet
2. Rantz

3. Shauna
3. Tifa's Boobs

4. Karifean
4. Quin

I chose these randomly so if you don't like it, tough. You'll have to organize the games yourselves. Game rules are as Quin listed earlier. I'm updating the OP as well with brackets and rules.

Rantz
09-29-2012, 02:15 PM
Sent a match invitation to Gamblet. Just saw his post saying he only has Level 1 cards. Maybe I shouldn't have picked my best Level 4 cards. :D

Gamblet
09-29-2012, 03:38 PM
Sent a match invitation to Gamblet. Just saw his post saying he only has Level 1 cards. Maybe I shouldn't have picked my best Level 4 cards. :D

You did.... what? Aw noes, what am I going to do....

Goldenboko
09-29-2012, 04:58 PM

If level 4 cards aren't available to regular members then you probs shouldn't use them Rantz. If they are when did that happen?

Karifean
09-29-2012, 05:18 PM
Okay, so basically you're telling me my very first non-ingame-TT-match is up against the (by far) Forum Champion? I feel trolled.

Goldenboko
09-29-2012, 05:26 PM
Me and Vivi had our epic dual on the rocking ground of the big bridge! I lost :(

Good luck everyone else!

Slothy
09-29-2012, 05:35 PM
Okay, so basically you're telling me my very first non-ingame-TT-match is up against the (by far) Forum Champion? I feel trolled.

Random number generators are a bitch. :D

And since it didn't occur to me before (I didn't realize cards higher than level 2 were available) we might want to limit things to level 1 and 2 cards. If anyone has played their matches and used anything higher I'll leave it up to you guys to determine if you want a do over. Depends on how fair you think think things were.

Up next: Me and Jiro in the thunder dome!

Quindiana Jones
09-29-2012, 05:53 PM
Just forfeited my match against Karifean as I entered it with level 4 cards before reading this thread. Sending over a new invitation now. :D

Also, I may have the highest victories, but I also have the highest losses and draws! Not to mention the fact that I've lost damn near every match against human opponents. Don't fret, Karifean. This'll probably be the easiest match of your life. xD

Rantz
09-30-2012, 12:21 AM
Anyone can get up to level 4 cards, just not through buying. Playing the bots is the easiest way to get cards. But yeah, that's why I asked about limiting it to certain levels. :p I'll start a new game then.

Jiro
09-30-2012, 12:41 PM
My best deck is currently in use against Ultima Shadow (and has been for like 6 months whoops sorry) but I'm challenging Vivi22 regardless! We must duel to determine who is to carry the Final Fantasy VI team flag!

Gamblet
10-01-2012, 02:27 PM
Anyone can get up to level 4 cards, just not through buying. Playing the bots is the easiest way to get cards. But yeah, that's why I asked about limiting it to certain levels. :p I'll start a new game then.

IT'S ON RANTZ!

EDIT: By the way, I collected new cards from bots.^^

Quindiana Jones
10-01-2012, 02:57 PM
I occasionally sell a load of level 3 and 4 cards for cheap, just because. xD

Jiro
10-01-2012, 03:39 PM
Okay so my matches with Vivi22 keep being mysteriously cancelled :confused:

Slothy
10-01-2012, 03:46 PM
Okay so my matches with Vivi22 keep being mysteriously cancelled :confused:

Try setting one up for us and I'll join in.

EDIT: I've tried sending another match invite. See if you can get in this time.

EDIT part the second: I have fallen in glorious combat to brother Jiro. May he wipe you fools from the face of the Earth in the later rounds.

Slothy
10-02-2012, 02:26 PM
Bump to see what everyone elses match status is. The only result I currently have is Jiro moving on to the next round and I only know that because I was the one playing him. If I don't hear from people in this thread by the end of the day I'll PM people to see where things are. I'd like to get the first round wrapped up by the end of tomorrow if possible.

Quindiana Jones
10-02-2012, 02:29 PM
Karifean won our match quite thoroughly. :D

Rantz
10-02-2012, 07:10 PM
In an exciting twist of events, Gamblet is playing his Level 4 cards against my Level 1 cards. :D I don't mind, it's a fun challenge and with the combo rules it's not impossible for me to win, although it's looking likely that he will at the moment. One card left each!

Shauna
10-02-2012, 07:14 PM
Sorry for delay. I thought I'd get a message or something when everything was set. Also it took me ages to work my way around the Triple Triad User CP. xD

Gamblet
10-02-2012, 08:15 PM
In an exciting twist of events, Gamblet is playing his Level 4 cards against my Level 1 cards. :D I don't mind, it's a fun challenge and with the combo rules it's not impossible for me to win, although it's looking likely that he will at the moment. One card left each!

You lost! But I DID warn you that I was using high lvl cards. :D

EDIT: Care for a rematch with best cards you have?

Rantz
10-02-2012, 09:44 PM
Sure thing! But as far as the tournament goes, congrats :D

Jiro
10-03-2012, 05:52 AM
That means it's me up against Gamblet next. Feel free to send me a match invite pal! I need to quickly grind some cards back :D

Gamblet
10-03-2012, 01:59 PM
That means it's me up against Gamblet next. Feel free to send me a match invite pal! I need to quickly grind some cards back :D

Sure thing! I'll send it to you later this evening.

EDIT: It's on, Jiro!

Jiro
10-04-2012, 05:32 AM
The gloves have come off. Your move, bucko :aimsun:

Gamblet
10-04-2012, 01:38 PM
The gloves have come off. Your move, bucko :aimsun:

*deep breath* Ok, now it is official.

Shauna
10-04-2012, 08:38 PM
I am getting impatient. ;_; I cannot contain myself any longer. There should be a way to prod people to remind them about their games in progress.

Gamblet
10-05-2012, 11:35 AM
I am getting impatient. ;_; I cannot contain myself any longer. There should be a way to prod people to remind them about their games in progress.

Visitor Message ;)

We are having a very strategic battle with Jiro right now, it is a tie so far, but what will happen next? The tension is killing me! :D

Mirage
10-05-2012, 11:51 AM

I know I am late to the party, but this isn't entirely true. Same Wall greatly favors high-level cards, as the walls always count as A's, making it impossible to do same wall combos with any card that does not have an A. Regular Same and Plus however, does not favor a specific set of cards.

I abused the shit out of this in FF8, because usually, the opponent would only have a single card with an A-side, while I always had several.

Quindiana Jones
10-05-2012, 01:30 PM
The low level cards often have one high number side with low number sides all around. This is very advantageous when playing against medium-high level cards. Once you get to the very high level cards that you're talking about, the benefit almost disappears, as you say. But we don't have those cards yet ;).

Although, now we have PuPu, I'm looking forward to dicking people over xD.

Gamblet
10-05-2012, 04:48 PM
AW I should have not put the Adamantoise card there! Anyway, Jiro won...

Jiro
10-05-2012, 05:05 PM
God I went into that bout full on believing I was boned but I managed to scrape through. Well done Gamblet!

Gamblet
10-05-2012, 05:20 PM
I hate the thing with sudden death that you get your enemy cards. But it was a great match! :lol:

Mirage
10-05-2012, 08:20 PM
The low level cards often have one high number side with low number sides all around. This is very advantageous when playing against medium-high level cards. Once you get to the very high level cards that you're talking about, the benefit almost disappears, as you say. But we don't have those cards yet ;).But that has absolutely no relevance to same wall, only same and plus. Same wall only benefits cards with A sides, no other cards, and is therefore not leveling the playing field for lower level players when there are players with A cards. If there are no cards with A sides yet, the rule is of no significance at all yet.

Shauna
10-05-2012, 08:28 PM

Visitor Message ;)

Bah! Too much effort.

Anyway, looks like I won Tifa and I's match. Good game! Thanks very much!

Karifean
10-05-2012, 09:12 PM
Does that mean I'm going up against someone from my own team? I call rigged.

Quindiana Jones
10-05-2012, 09:54 PM
But that has absolutely no relevance to same wall, only same and plus. Same wall only benefits cards with A sides, no other cards, and is therefore not leveling the playing field for lower level players when there are players with A cards. If there are no cards with A sides yet, the rule is of no significance at all yet.

Yup, my bad. I got mixed up with a TT style game I have on my phone, where the walls equal A, but can be used as part of the Same and Plus rules. xD

Jiro
10-06-2012, 08:06 AM

I had to play Vivi22 to stay in it! We're the same team!

Also what team is Gamblet on? I don't see his name in the main roster thread.

Shauna
10-06-2012, 11:24 AM
I suppose we can see who'd be best out of the two of us to take on the finals. :3

Gamblet
10-06-2012, 01:36 PM

I had to play Vivi22 to stay in it! We're the same team!

Also what team is Gamblet on? I don't see his name in the main roster thread.

You needed a team? I just registered for this event in this thread and I was in. Well, I am in the team Gamblet then.

Goldenboko
10-06-2012, 03:59 PM
Auto assigned Gamblet to team FFI with me. If he wants to be on a different team he can sign up for it :D

Jiro
10-07-2012, 09:39 AM
He should totally join team FFVI :D

Gamblet
10-07-2012, 07:51 PM

Is this a trap? :lol:

Shauna
10-07-2012, 08:10 PM
Yes, don't listen to him! :3

Jiro
10-08-2012, 04:47 AM

Not at all! FFVI might not be winning just yet, but with you on our side, we might be able to make it! I can see great talent lies within you young Gamblet, join us and let us rule the galaxy together! win this competition together!

Gamblet
10-08-2012, 02:09 PM

Not at all! FFVI might not be winning just yet, but with you on our side, we might be able to make it! I can see great talent lies within you young Gamblet, join us and let us rule the galaxy together! win this competition together!

Well, okay, I'll do what I can. SIGN ME UP ON YOUR TEAM! And I like FF VI more that FFI.

Goldenboko
10-08-2012, 04:07 PM
Marked you down as team FFVI!

Jiro
10-08-2012, 05:41 PM
Good to have you aboard! NOW WHO'S MY NEXT CHALLENGER!?

Slothy
10-08-2012, 07:02 PM
Time for an update since we're onto the semi-finals. Here's the current matchups:

1. Jiro
1. Gamblet

2. Shauna
2. Karifean

Same rules as last time. I realize Gamblet and Jiro played at least one match already, but remember that the semi-finals are best of 3 matches, so unless you guys played your 3 you should have at least one left. Since some people seem to be fine with playing higher level cards, I'll let you decide amongst yourselves which levels you want to play with before the matches. I also strongly recommend sending a PM or visitor's message each time you take your turn if you aren't playing in real time so each person knows when it's their turn.

There are fewer people playing this time but more matches so it may take some time. I'd like to have it wrapped up by Thursday if possible but if anyone needs some extra time that's fine. Just don't dawdle.

Rantz
10-08-2012, 10:47 PM
Would be fun to watch some of these matches live. Form an audience of sorts :D

Shauna
10-08-2012, 11:37 PM
Cool. We're currently playing through match 1, Karifean is kicking my butt a little bit. xD

Gamblet
10-08-2012, 11:47 PM
Ok Jiro, Match 2, you ready!? :cool:

Jiro
10-09-2012, 04:09 AM
What level cards do you want to use? I have all the way up to level 6, so I am happy to open it up to any level if you have them!

Gamblet
10-09-2012, 04:36 PM
What level cards do you want to use? I have all the way up to level 6, so I am happy to open it up to any level if you have them!

Lets limit to lvl 4.

Jiro
10-09-2012, 04:49 PM
Sounds good! Request on its way!

Gamblet
10-09-2012, 05:23 PM
Sounds good! Request on its way!

Um, you need to wait. My lvl 4 cards were lost to someone somehow. :lol:

Karifean
10-09-2012, 07:11 PM
I just won against Shauna and will therefore compete in the finals with the winner of your match - I only use Level 1 Cards btw. I guess Shauna will then compete for 3rd. (C'mon, Gold and Bronze for FFX, we can do it!)

@Gamblet make sure you click "Leave Match" on the results screen after a match.

Shauna
10-09-2012, 08:06 PM
Best 2 out of 3, man! Need another game (or two).

Gamblet
10-09-2012, 08:32 PM
Haha, I noticed that I was having a match with Rantz, so my cards were there. I quit the match, so Jiro, your turn! May the best man win!

Gamblet
10-11-2012, 03:08 PM
Sorry for double post, but I won against Jiro! So who am I gonna have a match with?

Slothy
10-11-2012, 03:14 PM
That's a good question. Do we have a winner yet Shauna/Karifean?

Karifean
10-11-2012, 04:51 PM
Well after I won the first match, Shauna demanded that it be best 2 out of 3. We're currently in the middle of our second match.

Slothy
10-11-2012, 05:22 PM
Well, the rules did say best 2 out of 3. :D

Karifean
10-11-2012, 05:52 PM
Oh, I totally read over that part. Sorry.

Slothy
10-11-2012, 07:19 PM
It's all good my friend. Just didn't want to see Shauna getting the blame credit for something that's completely on me.

Gamblet
10-12-2012, 12:50 PM
I can't wait! :D

Shauna
10-12-2012, 01:30 PM
It's all good my friend. Just didn't want to see Shauna getting the blame credit for something that's completely on me.

And I would have gotten away with it to, if it wasn't for you meddling EoFFers! *shake fist*

Our match should be done soon. :3 I don't have high hopes. xD

Karifean
10-14-2012, 04:01 AM
Well, that was closer than the one before. Though I guess it's now pointless to play a third match. If you still want to, fine with me, just challenge me.

Gamblet, we'll be meeting on the battlefield! (At least first match only Lv 1 Cards, please)

Gamblet
10-14-2012, 08:10 AM
Gamblet, we'll be meeting on the battlefield! (At least first match only Lv 1 Cards, please)

Sure thing, bud!

Jiro
10-14-2012, 02:14 PM
Come on Gamblet!

Shauna
10-14-2012, 11:34 PM
Nah, best two outta three. I humbly lost! :3 Battle for third place or something, right?

Slothy
10-14-2012, 11:37 PM
Well, that was closer than the one before. Though I guess it's now pointless to play a third match. If you still want to, fine with me, just challenge me.

I'll take that as a sign of Karifean winning.

Results of last round:
1. Jiro
1. Gamblet

2. Shauna
2. Karifean

So the final round looks like this:
Finals - Gamblet vs. Karifean

Losers finals - Jiro vs. Shauna

The finals determine first and second place of course, and we'll see who takes third between Jiro and Shauna. Keep in mind that the finals are supposed to be best of five, but if you think it might take longer than a few days I'd recommend sticking to best of three instead.

Shauna
10-14-2012, 11:49 PM
Jiro, I challenge thee to fisticuffs. :3

Gamblet
10-15-2012, 02:10 PM
Damn you Karifean! Let me know when you have finished your turn in my visitor messages! xD I don't know when to check the match otherwise. :kakapo:

Jiro
10-16-2012, 02:17 AM
I'll keep it to level four cards for you Shauna!

Gamblet
10-16-2012, 01:04 PM
Aw, I lost the first match... But there are more matches than that! Hit me with another one! Level 1 cards again?

Jiro
10-16-2012, 03:39 PM
I think I'm 2-0 against Shauna so far :aimsun:

Shauna
10-16-2012, 06:30 PM
I wish I were good at Triple Triad. :3

Karifean
10-16-2012, 07:43 PM
Yeah, Level 1 only again.

Shauna, you can do it!

Slothy
10-17-2012, 01:17 AM
I shouldn't root against my teammate, but come on Shauna! You can do it! Fuck shutouts.

Where do things stand between Gamblet and Karifean? I want updates people. Give me the play by play.

Shauna
10-17-2012, 11:20 AM
Just challenged Jiro to match number 3. Hopefully this won't be the last!

Gamblet
10-17-2012, 01:46 PM
We are in the middle of the 2nd match. Things are not looking good for me.

Karifean
10-17-2012, 07:15 PM
If you want consistent updates, just watch the matches :colbert:

Shauna, you can DO IT!

Jiro
10-18-2012, 09:50 AM
Come on Gamblet, I put my faith in youuuuu!

Gamblet
10-18-2012, 01:26 PM
The right wall is filled with cards, now Karifean must make his move and the Same/Plus bukkake will start!

Jiro
10-18-2012, 02:19 PM
xD CRUSH HIM MY PADAWAN

Karifean
10-18-2012, 04:52 PM
I hate Sudden Death :mad:

Gamblet
10-18-2012, 09:28 PM
Oh my god, I lost again. That is 2 out of 5.

I hope the match that is about to begin won't be the last one.
Let's higher the card level a little?

Karifean
10-18-2012, 09:49 PM
Alright, how about Level 2 Cards, then? (don't have higher ones, just bought Level 2 Cards with my spare Gil)

Jiro
10-19-2012, 03:06 AM
Come on Gamblet, floor him!

Gamblet
10-19-2012, 12:50 PM
Alright, how about Level 2 Cards, then? (don't have higher ones, just bought Level 2 Cards with my spare Gil)

OKay, you can get lvl 4 cards from the CPU players though.

Shauna
10-19-2012, 01:17 PM
2-1 to Jiro! Bringing it back! :p

I also just purchased Lvl2 cards, so we can up the game a little, if you wish. :3

Jiro
10-19-2012, 01:24 PM
Let's do it baby!

Shauna
10-19-2012, 01:34 PM
2-2

Ultimate battle!

Jiro
10-19-2012, 01:44 PM
I prevailed against the odds. Congrats to Shauna for a goddamn tense battle!

Goldenboko
10-19-2012, 01:47 PM
This is so exciting :hyper:

Shauna
10-19-2012, 01:48 PM
Congrats to Jiro for his victory! :}

Now for the finals. Go Karifean!

Jiro
10-20-2012, 12:41 AM
Come on Gamblet, you can do it bro.

Gamblet
10-20-2012, 05:55 PM
Come on Gamblet, you can do it bro.

I hope I get lucky, Karifean is about to make his last move. :eek:

EDIT: IT IS A DRAW! One more chance for me to make it 2 - 1!

Jiro
10-21-2012, 03:17 AM
Oh god the tension!

Gamblet
10-21-2012, 11:34 AM
Yet another draw ensued...

Jiro
10-21-2012, 01:29 PM
Draws aren't losses!

Gamblet
10-21-2012, 04:04 PM
YEAH! I am waiting Karifean to make his move. THE TENSION IS KILLING ME!

Karifean
10-21-2012, 08:07 PM
BAM!

Gamblet
10-21-2012, 08:09 PM
Jiro, I have let you down... Please don't hurt me. :(

I lost 3-0, but there were many draws, so they were really good matches. ;)

Shauna
10-21-2012, 08:40 PM
As long as you fought the good fight, we can't fault you! :P

Well done to both of you!

Jiro
10-22-2012, 12:35 AM
Jiro, I have let you down... Please don't hurt me. :(

I lost 3-0, but there were many draws, so they were really good matches. ;)

Let me down? Heavens no! You've performed admirably! Second place is nothing to scoff at! I'm sure with the points you've won us here we will move upwards in the rankings!

Quindiana Jones
10-22-2012, 01:13 AM
I'm really glad Karifean won, as he seemed so down on himself when he started. :(

What team you on, Karifean?

Karifean
10-22-2012, 10:06 AM
Final Fantasy X's team. I thoroughly enjoyed this tournament, and thank you Gamblet for one hell of a match.

Jiro
10-22-2012, 10:46 AM
Super congratulations to Karifean. You're a true champion this day. If you ever want a nice friendly match, let me know! :D

Slothy
10-22-2012, 03:04 PM
Finals - Gamblet vs. Karifean

Losers finals - Jiro vs. Shauna

So there we are folks. Final standings

1. Karifean
2. Gamblet
3. Jiro
4-whatever: All the other losers.

Thanks everyone who participated. This has been tense, exciting, fun, etc. etc. Now go have a victory nap Karifean.

Quindiana Jones
10-22-2012, 07:55 PM
Final Fantasy X's team. I thoroughly enjoyed this tournament, and thank you Gamblet for one hell of a match.

Oh right, well then...

fuck you. :colbert:

Seriousness aside, congrats, man! All the winners were FFX, right? Or was Jiro FFVI? Who knows?

Goldenboko
10-23-2012, 01:07 AM
This event was a whooper!

GOLD: Karifean of team FFX, 35 points!
SILVER: GAMBLET of team FFVI, 17 points!
BRONZE: Jiro of Team FFVI, 8 points!

Good job everyone :)

Jiro
10-23-2012, 04:48 AM

Oh right, well then...

smurf you. :colbert:

Seriousness aside, congrats, man! All the winners were FFX, right? Or was Jiro FFVI? Who knows?

Way to pay attention ;)

Gamblet
10-23-2012, 01:41 PM
Haha, nice, 25 points! :D

Ultima Shadow
10-28-2012, 07:10 PM
My best deck is currently in use against Ultima Shadow (and has been for like 6 months whoops sorry)
Well, you got a good excuse at least! =D

I haven't been on much lately, but I'll try to be on enough to at least finish our match so you can get your cards back. :p

Also, I hope there will be another tournament like this one in the near future, since my inactivity made me miss this one. =O

MTKO
10-30-2012, 01:18 AM
I'm not quite sure where to post this, so I'll ask here. Do we have a thread were we can arrange matches with other players? I noticed that there isn't a way to create a game and wait for someone to join. And I don't know anyone on here yet to ask to play against, so I figured there must be a thread were matches are arranged?

Jiro
10-30-2012, 03:08 AM
Just send them a visitor message or mognet message MTKO! Most people are happy to play a game against anyone. Good suggestion though.

Goldenboko
11-02-2012, 04:04 PM
I'm not quite sure where to post this, so I'll ask here. Do we have a thread were we can arrange matches with other players? I noticed that there isn't a way to create a game and wait for someone to join. And I don't know anyone on here yet to ask to play against, so I figured there must be a thread were matches are arranged?

Had planned on making this for a bit:
Done! http://home.eyesonff.com/wonder-square/146315-official-triple-triad-faq-battle-thread.html#post3158946