PDA

View Full Version : Nobody Wants You When You're Old and Grey

Chris
09-24-2012, 10:50 PM
Time is getting awful short, and age is creeping up on me. :zombert:

Do you fear it? It's a simple question.

Cuchulainn
09-24-2012, 10:55 PM
Stop smurfing moaning you whiney wee man child. Ya dont know old till ya see ur first grey pube. I spied one in the shower the other week. The insubordinate wee smurfer was sitting there, watching, judging.....mocking. So I just Pulled that wee whore out.

Despite all this i don't really give a balls about aging. I still look smurfing good.

Jinx
09-24-2012, 10:58 PM
Stop smurfing moaning you whiney wee man child. Ya dont know old till ya see ur first grey pube. I spied one in the shower the other week. The insubordinate wee smurfer was sitting there, watching, judging.....mocking. So I just Pulled that wee whore out.

Despite all this i don't really give a balls about aging. I still look smurfing good.

A lot of men look better as they get older, anyways.

Raistlin
09-24-2012, 11:04 PM
I'm told that I've been old and wizened and cynical since I was 12.

Also, relevant (http://home.eyesonff.com/general-chat/87759-would-you-rather-raistlin-dead-o_o.html) threads (http://home.eyesonff.com/general-chat/101426-1-raistlin-now-35-more-canada-bashing.html).

Alpha2099
09-24-2012, 11:09 PM

I worry about running out of time to find that special someone. I'm only 23 now, so I've still got time, but it's not like I have forever. It's like a sports career; after a number of years, you gotta hang up the cleats.

Unbreakable Will
09-24-2012, 11:20 PM
Old? What is this old you speak of, well whatever it is I'm sure I'll never have/be it.
:colbert:

Mirage
09-24-2012, 11:22 PM

Try being old and colorful instead.

Night Fury
09-24-2012, 11:41 PM
Not really. I hope when I'm 'old' I can look back and be like "yeah I was cool when I was young, I did everything I wanted to do when I was able to do it."

I think when you're older you have different things to be excited about, life changes when you get older. I hope to be a mum, then a grandmum and do all the exciting stuff that entails! You know, I don't fear it, I just realise that my life will have a different direction then.

G13
09-24-2012, 11:43 PM
I don't fear aging. I'm actually looking forward to seeing what happens in my life in the next few years.

Denmark
09-24-2012, 11:44 PM
I won't consider myself old until I am also retired. What's not awesome about that?

Clo
09-24-2012, 11:59 PM
I mean this with utmost sincerity, but I am going to be a cougar, and then inevitably, a GILF. Other old ladies gon be talking about my swagg.

theundeadhero
09-25-2012, 12:37 AM
Not scared in the least. It just sucks getting slower and weaker.

Slothy
09-25-2012, 12:46 AM
The life expectancy for someone with Cystic Fibrosis is 35 in the United States.

Realizing my life is most likely almost 2/3 of the way over...yeah.

Welp, I'm never complaining about getting old again. Mind you, I don't complain now.

And to the topic, no, I neither fear getting old nor death. I see little point in fearing the unavoidable so long as it isn't pointy or aimed at my crotch.

fire_of_avalon
09-25-2012, 01:22 AM
I've had a streak of grey hair in the back of my head for as long as I can remember. I'm not afraid of being grey or old. Just miserable.

Jiro
09-25-2012, 02:02 PM
Old age will be just uninterrupted vidya time.

Pike
09-25-2012, 02:10 PM
Old age will be just uninterrupted vidya time.

Quindiana Jones
09-25-2012, 02:29 PM
As with Pike and Jiro, I can't bloody wait. I already have an enormous back catalogue of games to play; imagine what it'll be like by the time I retire! I'm looking forward to having a good, solid 40 years to play games.

Jinx
09-25-2012, 02:32 PM
I will totally love to fart and eat a lot of food and be a bitch to everyone in my vicinity.

Basically, everything I do now, just getting away with it because I'm old. :D

Beowulf
09-25-2012, 02:58 PM
I will totally love to fart and eat a lot of food and be a bitch to everyone in my vicinity.

We need like buttons on the forums.

Anyway.

Getting old? I'm not afraid of it, honestly. I want to get old, retire, and live somewhere nice until my final days. Will that happen? Who knows.

Jinx
09-25-2012, 03:12 PM

We need like buttons on the forums.

Anyway.

Getting old? I'm not afraid of it, honestly. I want to get old, retire, and live somewhere nice until my final days. Will that happen? Who knows.

That's what the rep button is for. :P

Christmas
09-25-2012, 03:57 PM

Aging? lol. :bigsmile:

Even if I die...

"I'm gonna die anyway. I won't have to be afraid anymore. But I'm not gonna die alone."

Shorty
09-25-2012, 05:05 PM
I'm not afraid of necessarily getting old, but I am afraid when I get there of looking back and seeing nothing but wasted time. Being old with nothing to show for your life would be the worst thing.

Beowulf
09-25-2012, 05:15 PM
I'm not afraid of necessarily getting old, but I am afraid when I get there of looking back and seeing nothing but wasted time. Being old with nothing to show for your life would be the worst thing.

Maybe its just me, with all I've been through, that getting old would be an accomplishment. I LIVED to see that age. It's all about perception, I suppose...

Tigmafuzz
09-25-2012, 05:18 PM

Aging? lol. :bigsmile:

That woman also spends five hours a day on her skin care. I'd rather die at the age of forty than live until I'm eighty having wasted a total of 15 years of my life :p

I'm told that I've been old and wizened and cynical since I was 12 8.

Slothy
09-25-2012, 05:29 PM

Frankly, as long as I die having enjoyed the majority of my life, I could care less what I've actually accomplished. Plus I consider most societal measures of individual accomplishment undesirable and wastes of my time anyway, so how the hell else am I going to measure my success?

Shiny
09-25-2012, 05:50 PM
That's why you get with someone who's around the same age as you, so that when you age, you'll both be saggy and gross.

Tigmafuzz
09-25-2012, 06:01 PM
That's why you get with someone who's around the same age as you, so that when you age, you'll both be saggy and gross.

Sarah will never be saggy or gross :colbert:

I probably will though ;_;

Bubba
09-25-2012, 06:30 PM
I recently hit 30 and have a few grey hairs. I don't give a tit though because I look and feel younger and still have a full head of hair.

... and if you think no-one wants you when you're old and grey then there wouldn't be eHarmony.

Jinx
09-25-2012, 06:35 PM
I recently hit 30 and have a few grey hairs. I don't give a tit though because I look and feel younger and still have a full head of hair.

... and if you think no-one wants you when you're old and grey then there wouldn't be eHarmony.

hahahah grey hair time to get you a life alert button

~*~Celes~*~
09-25-2012, 07:02 PM
My fiance just turned 30 and I just turned 22. We still act like big kids. I'm not afraid of getting old as long as I have him around <3

Mirage
09-25-2012, 07:05 PM
My dad's didn't have a single gray hair until he was like 50, so i'm not very worried. My younger brother however, lost all his hair before any of it got a chance to become gray.

Jinx
09-25-2012, 07:05 PM
My dad's didn't have a single gray hair until he was like 50, so i'm not very worried. My younger brother however, lost all his hair before any of it got a chance to become gray.

Baldness comes from your mother's genes. Look at the men on her side of the family.

Tigmafuzz
09-25-2012, 07:17 PM
hahahah grey hair time to get you a life alert button

:crying:

Sephex
09-25-2012, 08:12 PM
It used to bother me. Not so much anymore. I worry about loss of function more so than looking older. I could look like a deflated blimp on a Thanksgiving parade, but I wouldn't mind as long as I can walk, talk, eat, ****, and crap properly, but not necessarily in that order.

Citizen Bleys
09-25-2012, 10:03 PM
Around here, it doesn't really matter; most people on EoFF are at least 20, thanks to S-E's dreck game offerings since the turn of the century. The average FF gamer has gray hair or none at all. When I was a teenager, it'd be rare to see anyone over 25 the least bit interested in a FF game.

I always thought it would be a flood of kids that turned me away from forums forever, but the FF populace is aging right along with me. Yay.

Quindiana Jones
09-25-2012, 10:11 PM
Another ten years here, and I'll be demanding we lock registration to the forum "ta keep tha bluddy riff raff aht :mad:".

Christmas
09-26-2012, 02:50 PM
Can someone delete this thread? It gets irritating and frustrating everytime I look at it. :mymelbert:

I am not old. :mymelbert:

Alpha2099
09-26-2012, 07:49 PM
Can someone delete this thread? It gets irritating and frustrating everytime I look at it. :mymelbert:

Sometimes people get better with age. :bigsmile:

Quindiana Jones
09-26-2012, 07:51 PM
Calm down, grandma.

Laddy
09-26-2012, 08:12 PM
Not at all. I can't wait to be a silver fox.

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii53/shawty_momma/george_clooney.jpg

Raistlin
09-27-2012, 01:25 AM

Christmas = http://www.thefogbow.com/forum/images/smilies/old_man_SMILEY.gif

drotato
09-30-2012, 10:08 PM
Poor Christmas....

I pretty much agree with Sephex. Getting older really only sucks if everything stops working correctly. o. o

Tigmafuzz
09-30-2012, 10:45 PM
Christmas always has been and always will be exactly 22.3 years old :colbert:

Jinx
10-01-2012, 12:11 AM
old age brings erectile dysfunction

Bubba
10-01-2012, 08:26 AM

I'd better make the most of it while it still works then.

Quindiana Jones
10-01-2012, 01:32 PM

Totally. How are you supposed to get it up when you're surrounded by old people?

Cloudane
10-01-2012, 01:37 PM
I'm 30 and still get ID checked for alcohol (the min age in the UK is 18)

So uhm, I'll start worrying when they stop doing that!

I'd be a lot more worried about my complete ineptitude when it comes to the "love" stuff. The only people who want me are online, and the only type of relationship I don't want is online, heh.

Christmas
10-01-2012, 01:40 PM

Totally. How are you supposed to get it up when you're surrounded by old people?

You got something against old people? :mymelbert:

At least I look young! :mymelbert:

Quindiana Jones
10-01-2012, 01:52 PM
Not all of you looks young. :colbert:

blackmage_nuke
10-01-2012, 02:58 PM
I think if all the stories we were told about growing old and retiring were true (which it isnt any more in this economy) I wouldnt be as terrified of aging as I am. As it stands i'll gradually get weaker as the younger generation get smarter and soon they'll realise how useless I am and put me in an old folks home. and by old folks home i mean the meat grinder because I assume in 30 years time we'll have to start eating each other, and the older non-workers straining the system will be the first to go!

As for the passing of time on my appearance Im not really worried

Mercen-X
10-01-2012, 04:45 PM
I fear the day coming when I'll be lying there dying and looking back on my life like: I haven't done anything. I'm doing an online college but I'm quickly losing interest and when my interest fades, my grades die. I feel quite unaccomplished.

Jiro
10-01-2012, 05:04 PM
I think if all the stories we were told about growing old and retiring were true (which it isnt any more in this economy) I wouldnt be as terrified of aging as I am. As it stands i'll gradually get weaker as the younger generation get smarter and soon they'll realise how useless I am and put me in an old folks home. and by old folks home i mean the meat grinder because I assume in 30 years time we'll have to start eating each other, and the older non-workers straining the system will be the first to go!

As for the passing of time on my appearance Im not really worried

Soylent Green is people, I guess.

NeoCracker
10-01-2012, 05:10 PM

You got something against old people? :mymelbert:

At least I look young! :mymelbert:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlpVdCzpvl4

Rantz
10-01-2012, 07:20 PM
Ugh, I KNOW RIGHT!?!? Last year I was 14 and then I turned 15 and I was like OMGWTFBBQS???? I'M OLD NOW T________________T