PDA

View Full Version : Regarding the Magma Rock...

Evastio
09-27-2012, 12:47 AM
So how did each of you personally find out where to use the Magma Rock?

I remember as a kid at that part, I didn't really pay enough attention to what Kain was saying about the Magma Rock, and I regretted it. I ended up just flying around with the airship visiting places and getting a few levels out of boredom. Agart happened to be one of the places I stopped by at. I talked to the well out of boredom, and I was suprised when it prompted me to use an item. Every other time I visited it, there was no item prompt. I figured that I needed to use the Magma Rock on the well. It ended up making that big hole in the Agart Mountains and I thought to myself "well there's no point in that. There's a hole surrounding that tower near that Eblan place and I can't enter that hole. What makes this hole any different?" I decided to try landing on it anyways, and was suprised that the spinny effect (http://home.eyesonff.com/final-fantasy-iv/98163-spinny-effect.html) took place. I entered the Underworld and the rest is history.

Roogle
09-27-2012, 01:14 AM
I am not sure. I might have called the Nintendo Hotline when I played it as a kid or I might have figured it out for myself. Honestly, it has been so long that I cannot remember.

Wolf Kanno
09-27-2012, 04:24 AM
The SNES version's manual gave a walkthrough of the game up until that point actually...

Roogle
09-28-2012, 05:57 AM
Does it? I thought that the walkthrough ended when you go up to the Tower of Zot.

Evastio
09-29-2012, 04:00 AM
The SNES version's manual gave a walkthrough of the game up until that point actually...
Ah, that would've definitely came in useful back when I was playing it as a kid.

But then again, it feels awesome knowing that I beat the game completely without it. :D

...though it would've really saved me a lot of frustration during the Dark Knight and Magus sisters battle.

Wolf Kanno
09-30-2012, 06:51 AM
Does it? I thought that the walkthrough ended when you go up to the Tower of Zot.

Nope, it goes all the way to Agart and then stops when you enter the underworld. ;)