PDA

View Full Version : vendor trash

Jowy
09-27-2012, 09:27 PM
Do you keep your old weapons and armour that you aren't using and have accumulated throughout the entire game, or sell them immediately?

I'm a hoarder. I may need that Plumed Hat at SOME point.

Jinx
09-27-2012, 09:36 PM
I usually sell them.

However, dungeons like Ipsen's Castle are a good argument to hold onto your stuff.

Denmark
09-27-2012, 09:50 PM
Sell 'em because I love the $$$$$$$

Gamblet
09-27-2012, 10:45 PM
I usually sell those items when I need to prepare for final dungeon.

VeloZer0
09-28-2012, 05:37 AM
I only ever sell items when I need money to buy new stuff, or if the menu system of the game makes it necessary for me to scroll over it to accomplish whatever I want to do with my useful gear.

So it usually gets all cleared out every third or fourth town.

Quindiana Jones
09-28-2012, 12:19 PM
I usually just keep them, especially in games with some sort of combination mechanic (such as FFIX's Synthesis).

Raistlin
09-30-2012, 08:59 PM
I usually sell obsolete weapons as soon as they're replaced. However, I tend to keep anything that might possibly be useful at some point in the future, e.g., if a weapon or armor has an elemental affinity.

Wolf Kanno
10-01-2012, 06:20 AM
I hoard everything, I like having one of every item. Which is why games with a limited inventory irk me somewhat, especially when it's not even for gameplay purposes.

Jiro
10-01-2012, 06:24 AM
I usually just keep them, especially in games with some sort of combination mechanic (such as FFIX's Synthesis).

blackmage_nuke
10-01-2012, 08:25 AM
I usually keep all my weapons and armour, very rarely do I sell them off and when I do, it's only when I have more of an item than I have playable characters who can use it or in the case of FFX with it's limited inventory.

Bubba
10-01-2012, 08:32 AM
I keep everything that I buy. I am awaiting the FF that lets me a hold a huge yard sale at the end of the game.

Pike
10-02-2012, 01:52 AM
Depends on the game. With something like FF2 where you have characters who come and go (and take your gear with them) I like to keep a good stockpile of stuff on hand.

Shorty
10-02-2012, 05:38 PM
It depends on the game, really. Fallout and Diablo, I will hoard shit like you cannot imagine. Final Fantasy, not so much. Once I upgrade a weapon, the old one isn't coming back.

Del Murder
10-03-2012, 04:24 AM
I keep one of every item in games that have a synthesis system since you never know what those old items can become. Also in FFVI I keep one of every item because I like to collect every single item in that game. I think I got pretty close once.

Quindiana Jones
10-05-2012, 10:41 AM
Yeah, I've been keeping every item in FFVI purely due to paranoia, what with everybody coming and going. :|

It wasn't until about half way through the game that I realised people are automatically unequipped when they leave your party, so I ended up stockpiling absolutely enormous quantities of hats.

Nightsintodreams
10-17-2012, 03:50 PM
I usually sell obsolete weapons as soon as they're replaced. However, I tend to keep anything that might possibly be useful at some point in the future, e.g., if a weapon or armor has an elemental affinity.

This is what I do.

If there is a point in the game where it could, possibly, in some way, become useful again, then I will keep ahold of it. I would rather drag some stupid piece of armor around and NOT need it, then realize 'oh snap, there's a boss fight right in front of me that it would be REALLY nice to use it on, but I need to buy it...again.'

There was honestly no game that this was more relevant in than the first .hack series. Lugging around six different blades at all times...yuck.

WildRaubtier
10-17-2012, 03:59 PM
I compulsively hoard. I've been trying to stop, lately :s

Evastio
10-17-2012, 05:35 PM
If there's an unlimited inventory, I'll hoard everything.

If it's limited (like FFIV even with the Fat Chocobo), I'll only keep items that are not purchasable and sell all purchasables I'm currently not using.

If it's really limited (like NES FFI or NES/PS FFII) I'll only keep useful items and sell everything else.