PDA

View Full Version : Resident Evil Retribution

TabbyTrap
09-28-2012, 02:24 AM
Spoilers and whatever.

Did anyone else think this was just the biggest piece of shit letdown of all time? I mean, they spent the first 30 minutes just doing slomo and headtrip shit. Also, HOW THE FUCK is Wesker alive? Seriously!? This was the first time I ever wanted a refund for a movie. It answered nothing, and was just insulting. As far as I'm concerned, the series ended with Afterlife.

Forsaken Lover
09-28-2012, 03:21 AM
Wesker survived because he had a parachute. After you see his aircraft explode, the movie cuts away to the pipe or tunnel or wherever Luther was. He takes a few seconds to actually come on-screen and before he does you get a clear glimpse of the sky and you see a parachute.

Retribution was decent enough. Not as good as the first movie or Afterlife but Extinction was the lowest the series could go for me and it's only up from here.

Not to mention I loved the ending. I can honestly say for the first time since Apocalypse took all my expectations and crushed them that I am really looking forward to the next RE film. I think RE6 has the potentail to be the best one in the series - I am that excited and hopeful.

Now it was kinda dumb for Alice to go into a room alone with Wesker after he tried to eat her in the last movie... But hey, President Wesker.
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120815133310/residentevil/images/9/99/Re66b.jpg

Shauna
09-28-2012, 10:57 AM
I expect nothing less than utter stupidity from a Resident Evil movie. Which is why I am super excited to go see it when it's released here. x3

Jiro
09-28-2012, 12:42 PM
The pacing was bonkers and it seemed like just another excuse to put in some cameos but if you go see this RE movie expecting anything different from the previous four or whatever then you are seriously doing it wrong. If nothing else it has me excited as fuck for the next one. Watch it with friends and it's a good fun zombie romp.

Christmas
09-29-2012, 06:56 AM
The giant Licker (http://residentevil.wikia.com/File:Giant_Licker.jpg) is one sexy beast. :bigsmile: