PDA

View Full Version : A Good Disney Movie Requires...

Chris
09-28-2012, 12:51 PM
1. A good villain, first and foremost. In my humble opinion, a good villain can really make a huge difference in any movie, but particularly in an animated one.

2. Good voice acting. This is another extremely important part of any animated movie. A good or bad cast can really determine whether or not a Disney movie is destined for greatness.

3. An heroic and strong female character. A Disney Princess doesn't have to be a mindless ditz http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_maset27QFm1rfo1gpo2_1280.jpg

4. Great songs and a strong musical score. You know, those songs that you randomly sing when you're out drinking with your buddies. "A Part of Your... Woooorld". Songs that gets you punched in the face.

So, what does a Disney movie require in order to imprint on you?

Jinx
09-28-2012, 12:57 PM
Not being computer animation. :colbert:

Night Fury
09-28-2012, 12:59 PM
Subtle racism, nazi-ism, sexism.

Chris
09-28-2012, 01:00 PM
Princess and the Frog must be your favorite Disney movie, then. :colbert:

Night Fury
09-28-2012, 01:01 PM
Princess and the Frog must be your favorite Disney movie, then. :colbert:

I haven't seen that one :P
My favourite is Lion King or Beauty and the Beast.

NeoCracker
09-28-2012, 01:28 PM
Aladdin and Mulan will always be my favorites. <3

blackmage_nuke
09-28-2012, 02:45 PM
Good musical numbers and humour that is accessible to children and adults (ie humour that doesnt assume children are idiots)

Also whacky side characters (My favourite characters in most disney films are usually the short and pudgy side character)

edit: Oh and well drawn and designed backgrounds (Im looking at you direct-to-video sequels)

ps. the spoiler in the opening post cuts off into nothing...

Also for some reason I always like songs with an anti-romantic component more than the love songs ('Wont say im in love', 'forget about love' and 'a girl worth fighting for' will always beat 'a whole new world' or 'can you feel the love tonight' for me)

also this isnt specifically a disney thing but I hate when theres some kind of misunderstanding between characters because someone was easedropping on a conversation but left before the important bit of the conversation.

i also hate wild parties at the end of some movies where everyone is ridiculously happy. I like the simpler low key happy endings the best, maybe with a heartwarming montage

Shorty
09-28-2012, 05:41 PM

I see your point, and I raise you with Monster's Inc, Toy Story, A Bug's Life, Finding Nemo and just about every other Pixar film ever. :aimmad:

I do like strong and heroic female characters but my favorite Disney movies usually feature male heroes, aside from Alice in Wonderland.

Jinx
09-28-2012, 05:57 PM

I see your point, and I raise you with Monster's Inc, Toy Story, A Bug's Life, Finding Nemo and just about every other Pixar film ever. :aimmad:

I do like strong and heroic female characters but my favorite Disney movies usually feature male heroes, aside from Alice in Wonderland.

Yeah, those are all good movies. But they opened the door to a new market that was pursued, leaving fans of classic animation stylings wanting. And even though I like those movies (especially Monsters, Inc.) they're all missing some of the magic for me. It's not the same.

Denmark
09-28-2012, 06:00 PM
A good Disney movie requires lions

drotato
09-28-2012, 09:27 PM
A good Disney movie... One where Peter Pan exists. :bigsmile:

maybee
09-29-2012, 08:18 AM

Racism and sexism I see and get but Nazi-ism I don't. Disney during the 40's made pool loads of anti- Nazi animated shorts. One including Donald Duck dreaming that he lived in Nazi-land only to wake up and to be grateful that he lives in the good old US of A.

Pike
09-29-2012, 08:38 AM
A good Disney movie requires a solid story, likeable and believable characters, and some touching moments. The hero needs to be someone you can relate to and needs to have a moment where he or she has hit bottom barrel and pulls him or herself out of it.

Faris
09-29-2012, 02:59 PM
A great Disney movie should not be a sequel (with a few exceptions).

DMKA
09-29-2012, 03:26 PM
A princess.

This includes native american chieftain's daughters and lions.

Night Fury
10-17-2012, 01:48 PM
....What?

Jinx
10-17-2012, 02:44 PM
....What?

It's a bot, Lockharted. Come on, you've been around long enough to know this. :p

Night Fury
10-17-2012, 02:53 PM
....What?

It's a bot, Lockharted. Come on, you've been around long enough to know this. :p

I know, but I still like to give em the ol' waddasmurf. :tongue:

Lonely Paper Star
10-17-2012, 04:59 PM
I idolized Alan Menken's Disney music. So I believe a good Disney movie needs memorable music. But I'll also take Elton John and Phil Collins...

A good Disney movie needs to feel "magical." It also should make you get swept away from reality by its awesome story and awesome characters.

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
10-18-2012, 02:25 AM
somebody warned the bot so they get banned, right? I did.

and yea music, characters, humor, classic animation. oh and not having pixar make movies for you even though they're ok.