PDA

View Full Version : Which is your favorite war game???

emmaellie19
09-29-2012, 07:29 AM
Hello Friends

I have great fascination to play war games... share your best war game which you like to play again and again...

Wholesale Handbags (http://www.wholesalehandbags.ewebsite.com/)

Pike
09-29-2012, 08:32 AM
Okay. Yes. This is my moment.

First of all, dear bot, we need to know what sort of "war game" you're looking for. Tactics? Strategy? Once we know the answer, we can go from there. Turn-based or real time? 4X? Grand? And are you looking for something scifi or historical?

Now then. When it comes to tactics the best in the genre is, obviously, X-Com: UFO Defense. Jagged Alliance is also a good bet. The combat segments of the Total War series also fall into this genre.

Strategy games are more numerous and nuanced. Real-time isn't my specialty although you really can't go wrong with early Command & Conquer or anything from Blizzard. (See: Warcraft 2, Warcraft 3, StarCraft.) For 4X, you're going to want to look into the Civilization series (preferably pre-V), Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri, Master of Orion 1 & 2, and the Space Empires series. Finally, for grand strategy, you're going to want to look into the works of Paradox Interactive. I recommend starting out with Europa Universalis 3 or Crusader Kings 2, and then from there moving on to Hearts of Iron 2/Darkest Hour (be sure to check out the Kaiserreich mod!) and Victoria 2. Beware! Some people will tell you that Hearts of Iron 3 is a good game. Don't listen to them.

Hopefully this has equipped you with the answers you needed! Go out and conquer, my banned friend!

Citizen Bleys
09-29-2012, 08:38 AM
Master of Orion 1 & 2

You just made my cool list.

Bolivar
09-30-2012, 01:55 AM
Is this going to be one of those bot threads that we turn into a serious thread?

In the case of strategy, my favorites are in the RTS genre with Command & Conquer (Red Alert 2 and Generals), Warcraft II and Age of Empires II.

As far as action games, Battlefield and Call of Duty have both made a couple really awesome games, especially in the last few years. As far as campaigns I really loved BF3 and Modern Warfre 2, but for multiplayer my favorites might be Black Ops and Bad Company 2.

Of course a special place in my heart is Killzone, particularly the second one. I don't think anyone's ever made such a surrealistic experience to put you in a warzone, from the movement, the gun-handling, the visuals, the sounds, the animations, etc. etc. etc.

Del Murder
10-02-2012, 02:49 AM
http://www.reviewbusters.net/images/game/north_and_south_nes_main.jpg

alizajoile
10-13-2012, 10:41 AM
Cross of the DutchmanMetal Gear Solid: RisingBrothers in Arms: Furious 4The Darkness 2Prototype 2Captain Blood

Bolivar
10-14-2012, 12:31 AM
LOLOL WTF is this!?!?!

Heath
10-21-2012, 09:16 PM
Advance Wars 2.

I'm not even joking.