PDA

View Full Version : Amano Art FMVs

Mercen-X
09-30-2012, 06:22 AM
So, in Dissidia, some DLC mod is supposed to let you play as white-haired Tifa. But I wonder, with how much altered footage there is out there on Youtube alone particularly of video games, has anyone ever tried altering the FMVs to make the characters look different? In particular, have they ever made the characters true to Amano's original versions? I'd truly like to see how Tifa's white hair would translate to the FMVs.

Jiro
09-30-2012, 12:32 PM
white haired tifa would be hot

Roogle
10-01-2012, 12:00 AM
I don't think I have seen any fan projects like that. How different do you think the characters in Final Fantasy VII would look if Amano had designed them rather than Nomura?

Sephex
10-01-2012, 01:54 AM
I don't think I have seen any fan projects like that. How different do you think the characters in Final Fantasy VII would look if Amano had designed them rather than Nomura?

Amano did his own version of FFVII characters. Can't remember if he did it for fun, or if Nomura decided to base his designs off of Amano's work.

Yotroutaka Amano - Final Fantasy VII - 2012 Art © Yotroutaka Amano - Design © Mathieu Regniez - Kouryu.info (http://yoshitaka-amano.kouryu.info/gal-eng-jeux-final_fantasy_07-p-1.html)

Wolf Kanno
10-01-2012, 06:16 AM
Amano did them after Nomura created most of the basic designs, though Sephiroth is apparently a collaboration between Amano and Nomura, which is not surprising since Sephy bares more than a little resemblance to Amano's version of Faris and Setzer.

It would be interesting to see though Amano's versions of the VII crew isn't all that drastic from the original designs, mostly new accessories or minor changes like Tifa's white hair. His VIII designs are far more striking than Nomura's, or his IX designs compared to the other three character designers in IX.

ShinGundam
10-01-2012, 08:48 AM
I don't think that matters much because Amano is not desginer for most part. He is simply an "image illustrator" for the games, which means that at some point they will be using some art he did either in the game, or as promotional pieces, or as cover art and logos.

Mercen-X
10-02-2012, 06:34 PM

Yeah, I was having a hard time locating such a thing as well. Hence the question. I realize the characters wouldn't look very different and it wouldn't affect their personalities, I just have to wonder sometimes. I especially would like to see some FMV (even non-canon) of Amano's version of Tifa or Vincent.

DMKA
10-03-2012, 05:16 PM
white haired tifa would be hot

Just wait a few more decades.