PDA

View Full Version : [tedious task that makes you hate your job here]

Shorty
10-01-2012, 09:52 PM
Expense reports. They are the worst.

What do you hate about your job?

Denmark
10-01-2012, 09:54 PM
I hate the fact that I don't have a job and the tedious process of looking for a job.

Jowy
10-01-2012, 09:59 PM
the fact things catch on fire and or melt a lot and i have to misdirect the government

whatever, its job security

Unbreakable Will
10-01-2012, 10:08 PM
the fact things catch on fire and or melt a lot and i have to misdirect the government

whatever, its job security
I demand to know more!

I hate doing the same thing over and over and over again.... FUCK GIVE ME SOME DAMNED OPTIONS HERE!

Night Fury
10-01-2012, 10:13 PM
At the moment i enjoy most of my job but right now there is a guy who smurfing gets the overtime sheet before anyone else and puts in for all the shifts. Its not fair because for us supervisors, overtime is really hard to come by :(

Chris
10-01-2012, 10:38 PM
Today, I quite literally didn't stop for a second. Three hours, and not even time to freaking breathe. The horror! Breathing is necessary for my future well-being.

Citizen Bleys
10-01-2012, 10:45 PM
Dealing with people old enough to remember when we had a King who insist on using bug-ridden Micros~1 software to access their almighty E~MAAAAAIL

Clo
10-01-2012, 10:51 PM
Calling parents who think their child is a saint delivered unto them from Heaven above, talking to administrators, pretending like I agree with the admins, talking to the bitchy old lady at the front desk, test prep, going to workshops on evidence-based education when English naturally includes that in its curriculum, when a student pleads that they need a band-aid when they get a sliver of a paper-cut that isn't even bleeding, late homework, when a student slaps another student in front of you and then pretends like he didn't do it even though everyone within ten feet noticed you watching the entire time, including the person in question.

And you know, other stuff.

Raistlin
10-01-2012, 11:19 PM
It doesn't make me hate my job and it's not really a tedious "task," but observing in court from the benches. Not because observing court is boring (when I choose to go, it's generally for something interesting), but because those benches are smurfing uncomfortable; I am in pain after a couple of hours, even with breaks. And I have no idea when any given case will be called, so I have to be there from the start to be sure to catch a certain one.

sharkythesharkdogg
10-02-2012, 12:15 AM
Observing things manufacturers could have incorporated into the design of a vehicle to make it easier to work on, but didn't. Simple yet crucial design flaws that take a 45 minute job and make it 3-4 hours. Time that becomes billable labor which is eventually passed onto the customer.

Or parts designed poorly/constructed of poor materials that also mean increased costs to the customer.

It's tedious because I observe it over and over and over.

Madame Adequate
10-02-2012, 01:28 AM
Dealing with people old enough to remember when we had a King who insist on using bug-ridden Micros~1 software to access their almighty E~MAAAAAIL

Mackenzie, or George?

Pike
10-02-2012, 01:30 AM
Waking up at 3 am.

Clo
10-02-2012, 01:47 AM
I also really dislike the little piece of my soul that's been eaten away at by my job.

Shiny
10-02-2012, 01:54 AM
Tape log data entry. It is tedious, but I don't hate my job. Very thankful for it in fact. :)

Unbreakable Will
10-02-2012, 02:06 AM
Waking up at 3 am.

I also really dislike the little piece of my soul that's been eaten away at by my job.
THESE.

fire_of_avalon
10-02-2012, 02:13 AM
Scanning medical records.

Tigmafuzz
10-02-2012, 03:54 AM
TPS reports and losing my stapler

Bubba
10-02-2012, 10:34 AM
Guitar Teaching: Everything is awesome.

HR Job: Well... mainly just certain people.

Miss Cliche: Everything she says... "It's not rocket science", "At the end of the day...", "I'm gonna hit the ground running today!". Shut up

Miss Chanel: The lady who feels that a moment not spraying herself with perfume is a moment wasted.

Mr Motivator: The guy who wears abnormally short and tight shirts who's only topic of general conversation is his diet and gym routine

Miss Hyena: Has to laugh after everything she says... everything.

Oh, and I don't like having to ring a member of management and explain we haven't paid them correctly... especially if it's my fault.

Cloudane
10-02-2012, 12:58 PM
The people.

There's too much srs and too many brats with big egos

Jiro
10-02-2012, 02:08 PM
Filling out the feedback forms after every job can be a bit dull.

Slothy
10-02-2012, 02:20 PM
I'll avoid the obvious answer of everything (I've been doing basically the same job on and off for, I want to say 7-8 years now with almost no substantive change aside from some periods of unemployment and a stint at a call center).

Getting accounts to balance because our clients are morons. Didn't record any of the adjusting entries we made last year? No problem, I'll just record those this year. Wait, retained earnings still doesn't balance? And they didn't make any entries to it? And last years balance in their books is fine? What the smurfing smurf is going on?! That shouldn't even be possible. It's the accounting equivalent of typing 2+2 into a calculator and it spitting back 73.59. Worse, a few hours later and I am barely any closer to figuring this out.

Peegee
10-02-2012, 03:27 PM
I'm hung over again - this is work related because I'm hung over after a work event.

Sometimes people call me a street walker at work because I'm the dude who walks about helping people.

Um....sometimes work distracts me from posting on eoff and facebook?

*shrug*

Goldenboko
10-02-2012, 04:11 PM
Waiting. So many times I need to input a command that takes 4-5 minutes to accomplish, and I do 3 in a row. Or I do a build that takes 15 minutes of me just sitting here. And I fall asleeps.

Sephex
10-02-2012, 05:27 PM
Did anything at work happen? --> Make a spreadsheet and waste time.

Rantz
10-02-2012, 06:13 PM
Just time reporting, really. We're required to report what tickets have taken how much time and what their nature is, and stuff like that. Takes more time than I like from actual work.

Unbreakable Will
10-02-2012, 06:16 PM
TPS reports and losing my stapler
Was it a Swingline?

Iceglow
10-02-2012, 08:59 PM
I suppose the only thing I can say so far that is tedious about my new job is that sometimes I get real idiots on the phone who genuinely believe being rude, offensive and aggressive to me will help their case. I will say this now: Any time any of you EVER call a call center customer service desk after help be nice as pie. Seriously they're there to give you the help you need, but if you're rude or aggressive well they aren't face to face they don't have to stand there and take it they can very quickly, easily and with only one warning in advance terminate your call. If you've ever been that way, think about the person's patience with you. They took it when they don't have to.

In my old job I hated everything apart from helping the few customers a day who made asking people if they needed help worthwhile.

Christmas
10-03-2012, 01:02 AM
Aren't posting in EoFF everyone's jobs? :confused:

Shlup
10-03-2012, 01:15 AM
I was recently promoted to assistant manager, and basically all the other assistant managers are friends. I don't want to be friends, dammit--I want to do my work and go home.

Jiro
10-03-2012, 05:40 AM
Waiting. So many times I need to input a command that takes 4-5 minutes to accomplish, and I do 3 in a row. Or I do a build that takes 15 minutes of me just sitting here. And I fall asleeps.

http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/compiling.png

Araciel
10-03-2012, 06:43 AM
Pretending to have a soul.

Freya
10-03-2012, 07:54 AM
RSBs. I hate RSBs xP

Bubba
10-03-2012, 08:21 AM
RSBs. I hate RSBs xP

Robotic Sentient Beings?!!!

I thought we were years off that happening???

WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE!!!!!!!