PDA

View Full Version : Dexter Season 7

Levian
10-01-2012, 10:03 PM
Probably shouldn't read anything in this thread unless you're totally updated on what's aired in the states.

There. Everyone's been warned. Now we don't have to use spoiler tags beyond this post. Yay.

This episode: oh mah gerd.

nirojan
10-01-2012, 10:11 PM
Loved the ending of the season opener! When Deb sits there with the ITK hand and all his blood slides and asks him if he killed them all. This one episode makes up for the BS last 2 seasons we've had. I'm not too crazy about the creator's comments on having Dex and Deb as "lovers", but atleast there not dragging the season on. There getting right to the meat and Dexter is back to his killing-addiction ways in proper form. Can't wait to see how Laguarta's discovery ropes her into the fold. And I still question how important (forgot his name, but it's Jamie's boyfriend) is going to be this season. They're obviously pushing him into a more prominent role (cancelling Dexter's credit cards and sending him the ITK hand).

Plus Homeland too! Ohh man Showtime is killing it this season!

Levian
10-01-2012, 10:14 PM
Yeah, seriously. I figured they were going to drag it out through the entire season and have that moment at the very end of the season, and wham it happens in the very first episode. Nice!

Shlup
10-01-2012, 10:44 PM
Yeah, I'm very happy with that. I did so not want that part dragged out. The end of the episode makes up for that unbearably sloppy airport kill.

Slothy
10-01-2012, 11:11 PM
Yeah, I was worried about the possibility of them dragging it out too, but thank fuck they finally just jump straight to it.

And they had better acknowledge how sloppy that airport kill was. Jesus Christ Dexter! I get he felt like things were spiraling out of control and he needed to kill someone to feel better, but apparently getting caught once in 24 hours wasn't good enough.

Raistlin
10-02-2012, 01:59 AM
I agree that overall it was a great episode that makes me even more excited. I was also a bit worried during the episode with all the excuses Dexter managed to make that it would drag out; it was great that Deb decided to trash his place and find the blood slides. I hope she really puts two and two together the next episode, linking the blood slides with the Bay Harbor Butcher. Although maybe Dexter will just man up and tell the whole story now that he really has no choice.

The airport kill was ridiculous, but I guess it was useful to show Dexter being frustrated about losing control of his life.

McLovin'
10-02-2012, 02:58 AM
Gonna pretend the last 2 seasons didn't happen and Rita just died.

Awesome ending. Also the black cop dying was pretty unrealistic. Who does that?

Raistlin
10-02-2012, 04:36 AM
Gonna pretend the last 2 seasons didn't happen and Rita just died.

Season 6 was largely balls, but I still cannot fathom why so many people hated season 5. Besides the painfully forced exit of the sidekick at the end, it was a solid season.

McLovin'
10-02-2012, 11:12 PM
Because nothing significant happened. Each season something life changing happened to Dexter. S1: self evident. S2: Bay Harbor Butcher business. S3: Miguel vs Dexter. S4: Trinity vs Dexter. S5: Dexter gets a girlfriend. S6: Dexter helps a mentally challenged kid with his imaginary friend.

Psychotic
10-02-2012, 11:18 PM
Yeah, seriously. I figured they were going to drag it out through the entire season and have that moment at the very end of the season, and wham it happens in the very first episode. Nice!Yes!

And the question is now, how much will Dexter tell her? Because if he told her everything, it'd shatter her image of her father and her brother.

Rantz
10-02-2012, 11:24 PM
ERR MAH GEHRD. I almost died at the end. Hope they keep this up the whole bloody season because this was a killer episode.

Shorty
10-03-2012, 05:07 PM
And they had better acknowledge how sloppy that airport kill was. Jesus Christ Dexter! I get he felt like things were spiraling out of control and he needed to kill someone to feel better, but apparently getting caught once in 24 hours wasn't good enough.

Jesus, I kept thinking this. You think there aren't cameras in a baggage area, or in every square inch of every single airport, especially in Miami which is a high-profile smuggling area? Not his best work.

I had to watch this episode in two separate pieces, so the ending wasn't as suspenseful as I would have liked it to be. Still, it was crazy. I can't wait to see what's going to happen next.

I was kindof reluctant to start watching again because I feel like the last season had so much potential in theory but it just stomped all over my heart. Satisfied with the premier episode and hope they can keep it up.

Aligburg
10-05-2012, 07:34 AM
https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ0oBIXoqVbqnuuJow8OiRdwkvr8AfeKlX6Ij9c3aui_qwtmqcbJw

Thanx for shairing this topic because i am big fan of Dexter tv show.I have watched all the seasons with full interest in this tv show.All the season are good but i most like it fourth season.

McLovin'
10-08-2012, 05:52 AM
dexter exerted dominance on that pussy Louis. Also, fucking awesome episode. :jess:

Raistlin
10-08-2012, 05:16 PM
Another good episode, and I am glad that Dexter finally fessed up to pretty much everything. Deb seemed to adapt surprisingly quickly, but she was obviously going to try to take control and try something.

But based on the ending and the previews for next episode: damn, Dexter is going to have pretty much everyone after him.

Shorty
10-08-2012, 05:17 PM
goddamn it I have not seen the latest episode and am subscribed to this thread and am SEEING SPOILERS IN MY EMAIL, WHY IS THIS :aimmad:

Raistlin
10-08-2012, 05:43 PM
1. Why are you subscribed to a thread that will contain spoilers before you've seen the episode?

2. More importantly, why haven't you seen the latest episode yet?

Fail.

Shorty
10-08-2012, 05:46 PM
Because I don't have fucking Showtime and I was going to watch it after work tonight and also I subscribe to every fucking thread I post in. :colbert:

Also because I spent all last night watching Newsradio, so don't you dare condemn me for watching that instead. :aimmad:

Lone Wolf Leonhart
10-08-2012, 06:05 PM
Only two episodes in and I can already tell this is going to be one of my favorite seasons when it's all said and done. Fantastic show.

Does anyone else notice that someone from a previous season always gets written off a couple episodes into the next season?

For example:

-In the end of season 1 they were pumping up Pascal coming to Miami Metro, only to have her leave in the beginning of season 2. (LaGuerta sleeping with her fiance storyline, anyone?)

-Debs boyfriend Anton in season 3, leaves in season 4.

-Anderson coming on season 6, only to be killed at the beginning of this season.

Not to say that their leaving the show wasn't written well, I guess I was just surprised because I thought all of these people were going to be series regulars.

Shlup
10-09-2012, 09:45 AM
Every show has that one thing that you know is going to happen but they drag it out forever. Usually it's just the two main characters hooking up, which gets old. Deb finding out about Dexter is one of my favorite things that has ever happened on TV. I love you, TV.

Psychotic
10-09-2012, 06:11 PM
Dexter and Deb and Dexter v Nerdrage are both great. But what the hell is this Russian mob angle?

Rantz
10-09-2012, 06:29 PM
Wtf is with Dexter and Deb yelling "Deb I didn't kill anyone!!" "Well how am I supposed to know that!!!" in the middle of like 20 policemen? :p But yeah, another good episode.

Did anyone else notice how this show seems to go in cycles? Season 1 was amazing, 2 was good, 3 was meh, 4 was back to amazing, 5 was good, 6 was meh and now it seems (although it's early to say) like it's back on top again.

Edit: Also Louis is definitely a lot sicker than his nerdrage façade.

Shlup
10-10-2012, 12:14 AM
I think the cycle has a lot to do with our expectations: "This season is awesome!! This season is not as good as last season. This show has gone downhill; my expectations are lowered. This season is awesome!!" etc.

I like the mob thing. Someone's finally on Dexter's tail. Other than cops, I mean. And he's got the temptation to kill someone who's not a murderer but is really pissing him off.

Raistlin
10-10-2012, 12:21 AM
I think the cycle has a lot to do with our expectations: "This season is awesome!! This season is not as good as last season. This show has gone downhill; my expectations are lowered. This season is awesome!!" etc.

Having gone back and rewatched the first five seasons, season 3 is definitely the weakest. I haven't rewatched season 6, but there was plenty bad about it too, especially in the second half.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
10-10-2012, 02:10 PM
This just came to mind:

Does anyone know if Colin Hanks came back to "lay on the table" for episode 1 this season? I didn't get a good look at his face.

Rantz
10-10-2012, 03:21 PM
I'm sure the writers already had the scene written, and they filmed it during the same shoot from last season. It seems pretty weird that they would have to come back to the church 6 months later and set everything back up just the way it was, when they knew from the start that they'd need to show the rest of the scene.

Raistlin
10-16-2012, 04:17 AM
Great new episode. The development of Deb's latest realization about Dexter was handled pretty perfectly, and it will be interesting to see where it goes from here. It looks like Deb is leaning towards letting Dexter do his work as long as she has nothing to do with it.

However, I'm not sure about the Ukrainians tracking the bracelet to a specific slip to a specific boat which necessarily proves it was that specific owner. That seems like glossing over some technological and logical leaps to further the plot. But I can't complain too much, especially because they killed Louis. Thank god.

Shlup
10-16-2012, 06:43 AM
Yeah, I liked the Louis plot, but they took care of it right before it started to get old.

I want Deb to be the new Harry, giver of The Code.

Psychotic
10-16-2012, 09:19 PM
Man, that just wasn't Louis's day.

I like... Isaac, is it? The main mobster fella.

Slothy
10-17-2012, 02:38 AM
With as big a dick as Louis was he kind of got off easy with the bullet to the head.

I agree though Psychotic, that mobster fella is pretty cool. Educated, well spoken fellow who will blow your brains out in a public marina or jam a screwdriver in your eye without any hesitation. One of my favourite kinds of psychopaths.

Shauna
10-17-2012, 03:06 PM
:excited:

I am thoroughly enjoying this season so far.

I'm glad that Louis' story didn't drag out too long - I mean he didn't seem like he'd be a huge threat to Dexter, just a minor annoyance. I mean, his big plan was to sink Dexter's ship. What a danger to everyone!

But, I am interested in seeing how Dexter and Deb's relationship breaks down. xD I don't think that Deb will be able to deal with all the stuff that is going down.

Slothy
10-17-2012, 03:51 PM
I'm glad that Louis' story didn't drag out too long - I mean he didn't seem like he'd be a huge threat to Dexter, just a minor annoyance. I mean, his big plan was to sink Dexter's ship. What a danger to everyone!

I kind of figured he'd escalate into full psycho mode with everything Dexter did. Then he was on the boat with a drill being an inept loser. I'm a bit disappointed the drill didn't see any use, but his end was still rather fitting. He started out as a stupid little bastard desperate for Dexter's approval and he died because he was a stupid bastard throwing a fit because Dexter hurt his feelings.

Still, I would have liked to have some confirmation about how much he knew and why he was so obsessed with Dexter. I assume it's just because his brother was the ice truck killer. I'd like to think if you knew that someone was the Bay Harbor Butcher you would know not to fuck with him.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
10-17-2012, 09:06 PM
Wtf is with Dexter and Deb yelling "Deb I didn't kill anyone!!" "Well how am I supposed to know that!!!" in the middle of like 20 policemen?

I figured that the people around them would take it as exaggeration. It's like when someone says "It's not like I'm Superman you know!". I thought the people around them would take it metaphorically or something.

I'm sure the writers already had the scene written, and they filmed it during the same shoot from last season. It seems pretty weird that they would have to come back to the church 6 months later and set everything back up just the way it was, when they knew from the start that they'd need to show the rest of the scene.

I thought the same thing at first, but then I remembered back when Dexter found Rita dead in the bathtub, you could tell at the start of the next season that it was shot at a different time.

ronniemark
10-18-2012, 08:16 AM
I am dying to watch it's upcoming 7th season....I am very big fan of this show Dexter....I watched last two episode of this ....it was Awesome ..I like these kind of Action Shows ....Another Terra Nova is also a good Action show.

Rantz
10-19-2012, 11:24 AM
I kind of figured he'd escalate into full psycho mode with everything Dexter did. Then he was on the boat with a drill being an inept loser. I'm a bit disappointed the drill didn't see any use, but his end was still rather fitting. He started out as a stupid little bastard desperate for Dexter's approval and he died because he was a stupid bastard throwing a fit because Dexter hurt his feelings.
Pretty much my thoughts too.

Wtf is with Dexter and Deb yelling "Deb I didn't kill anyone!!" "Well how am I supposed to know that!!!" in the middle of like 20 policemen?

I figured that the people around them would take it as exaggeration. It's like when someone says "It's not like I'm Superman you know!". I thought the people around them would take it metaphorically or something.
Yeah I mean I figured the same thing, but that doesn't make it less of a stupid thing to do. xD

Shiny
10-22-2012, 04:35 AM
I just realized that the woman (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yvonne_Strahovski) who plays Miranda Lawson in the Mass Effect 2 & 3 is in this season. I was wondering where I remembered her and why she looked so familiar. I was really wondering why she looked like a blonde version of Michael Jackson and lo and behold, she's Miranda Lawson.

McLovin'
10-22-2012, 06:18 AM
The scene of Dexter and that guy yelling FUUUUCK needs to be looped.

Shauna
10-22-2012, 11:41 AM
I just realized that the woman (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yvonne_Strahovski) who plays Miranda Lawson in the Mass Effect 2 & 3 is in this season. I was wondering where I remembered her and why she looked so familiar. I was really wondering why she looked like a blonde version of Michael Jackson and lo and behold, she's Miranda Lawson.

She was also the girl in Chuck, and it took me a very long time to notice this (like 2-3 seasons of the show). I admire your quick noticing skills!

Raistlin
10-23-2012, 02:39 AM
The first half of the episode was good, and the last half of the episode was good, with a lot of great suspense and development. But the middle was such a gigantic mass of obnoxious stupidity that I really had trouble taking the show seriously.

Painfully wrong legal clichés occur on TV all the time, but rarely with this density and to this degree. The Speltzer plot was forced forward so ridiculously that for a bit the show lost all believability. I know many of you won't care, but I just feel like ranting about some of this, so I'll put it below spoilers.

1. You know that part where Speltzer is read his rights immediately after being arrested? You know how many times that has happened in the history of ever? ZERO. I know Law & Order popularized the conception of being read your rights as soon as the cuffs go on, but this doesn’t actually happen, and certainly not after a suspect has to be forcibly detained. You don’t have to Mirandize anyone until they’re asked questions, so cops will just arrest someone and not ask questions until they’re back at the police station.

2. You know that part where it’s implied that the ONLY time Speltzer was read his rights was immediately after the cuffs went on? You know how many times that has happened in the history of ever? ZERO. My criminal procedure professor called Miranda the great gift to police, because it tells them EXACTLY what they have to do to make sure subsequent statements can be admitted, and in modern times cops generally follow it to the letter. It is standard procedure even for cops in the middle of bumsmurf nowhere to read Miranda prior to an initial interview, and usually before each future interview as well. And many places even have the suspects sign a waiver of those rights at the start of every interview.

3. You know that part where Speltzer walks free immediately after seeing a judge the next day? Take a wild guess how often that’s happened in the history of ever. That’s right, ZERO. You can’t just go up to the first judge you see and demand he do whatever you want (and a motions judge can exclude evidence, not order someone’s release). Pre-trial motions for this sort of thing can take months and months. I have a client right now where we had a pre-trial motion to exclude a confession, and he’s been in jail pending trial for almost a year.

4. Related to number 3 but more just a glaring plothole than legal stupidity: even if the incriminating statement was thrown out, why the smurf would he be magically let go? Do you remember what the cops did before they had the confession? Oh that’s right, ARRESTED HIM. What’s changed? The probable cause for that doesn’t randomly disappear just because subsequently-obtained evidence was thrown out. And the cops still had his DNA at his little shrine in the cemetery, and even without the circumstantial evidence of the house and the similar appearances that Deb saw (despite the mask), that is almost certainly cause to arrest and indict Speltzer, even if it might not be enough for trial (trust me, DAs have pushed forward with weaker). Even without any legal knowledge at all, this last point is mind-bogglingly stupid.

This episode had some more great development between Dexter and Deb, but to me some of it was lost in the sea of mind-numbing stupidity of the above. I was embarrassed for the writers.

Shlup
10-23-2012, 08:27 AM
I'm glad I was crafting while I watched it so I missed all that stuff.

P.S.
http://imageshack.us/a/img696/4008/1350883294465.gif

Shorty
10-24-2012, 07:05 AM
I want Deb to be the new Harry, giver of The Code.

This is something I can get behind, especially with the ending of the latest episode.

I was a little concerned about how things would go from the first episode, but so far it's not disappointing. Not only are the Russians on Dexter's tail, soon he's going to have LaGuerta on it. Anxious to see what happens. I would have kindof liked them to leave dweebie little intern alive a little longer so it could be Dexter Morgan vs. The World but he's dead now so that's a no go.

Obvious imminent love stuff with Hannah coming up. The writers definitely wanted him to be into blondes.

McLovin'
11-05-2012, 06:40 AM
Huh, who knew getting tranquilized in a moment of bliss and then waking up naked and bound to the horror of a dude about to stab you, but then lets you go, ends up in a super sexy time. Dexter continues to have the writing of true genius'.

Slothy
11-05-2012, 12:38 PM
Jesus Christ, that ending...

Someone tell me I wasn't the only one practically screaming that this was a terrible idea because you don't let an almost murder victim see your face and then let them go/have unprotected sex with them.

Why are you fucking up so bad Dexter?! Why do you act like such a moron when there's a naked blonde involved?!

Raistlin
11-06-2012, 03:06 AM
Yeah, that ending was painful, and really ruined the episode for me. There wasn't even any development to have it make any sort of sense. Just one second murder, the next second, after a word and a sexy look, he lets her go and fucks her. *facepalm*

Shlup
11-06-2012, 10:05 AM
He should probably stop undressing his victims if it's going to interfere with his ability to quiet his penisbrain.

Shorty
11-07-2012, 06:53 AM
I'm sure getting involved with a woman who has a murderous taste for poisoning those around her after nearly murdering her himself won't be a bad idea.

He had it best with Rita. Keep the ladies at arm's length, Dexter, you numbskull.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
11-07-2012, 07:23 AM
Obvious imminent love stuff with Hannah coming up. The writers definitely wanted him to be into blondes.

You called it.

Shiny
11-12-2012, 04:54 PM
He should probably stop undressing his victims if it's going to interfere with his ability to quiet his penisbrain.

Ha! Exactly. His penisbrain is extremely stupid.

She totally slipped up in her Aussie a few times too. I was waiting for her to say "Commander".

McLovin'
11-13-2012, 12:01 AM
But she accepts him! Him and his penis.

Shlup
11-13-2012, 12:06 PM
I liked Hanna a lot more in this episode. The whole theme of the show has been Dexter seeking acceptance, so his attraction to Hanna makes sense, and I saw the sense in it a lot more in this episode than in the last.

Also, the whole notion of Deb embracing Dexter's murderyness, but only now that she wants Dexter's girlfriend dead, is quite twist-tastic. I love this season.

Slothy
11-13-2012, 12:17 PM
I liked Hanna a lot more in this episode. The whole theme of the show has been Dexter seeking acceptance, so his attraction to Hanna makes sense, and I saw the sense in it a lot more in this episode than in the last.

Also, the whole notion of Deb embracing Dexter's murderyness, but only now that she wants Dexter's girlfriend dead, is quite twist-tastic. I love this season.

I'll admit that it sits better with me in the last episode than the previous one. I mean, even then I completely understood why he was attracted to her. But dear god, the end of the previous episode was ridiculous. How many times does he have to be caught in the act before he thinks "maybe I shouldn't release this woman I was about to murder and immediately have sex with her because nothing good has ever come of this?"

Psychotic
11-13-2012, 06:16 PM
Silly silly boy, Dexter. The minor threats like Louis and Sal are gone, but LaGuerta is closing in, and god damn Isaak is one scary mothersmurfer.

Rantz
11-20-2012, 11:01 PM
This season is slower paced and less action-filled than any other, it seems, but there's definitely no lack of shit going down. They're not pulling their punches with putting Dex and Deb's relationship to some messed up tests.

I like how they're really deep diving into Dexter's psyche this season. It's interesting. They're taking it in a very different direction than before. And even though I do enjoy the slower-paced introspection, I hope they turn up the excitement factor a lot towards the end of the season.

Shiny
11-21-2012, 11:53 PM
How did Debra know those were Hannah's keys? Did I miss something?

Slothy
11-22-2012, 12:13 AM
How did Debra know those were Hannah's keys? Did I miss something?

I assumed that she may have seen them either when she was in the station or at her house previously or something. Admittedly, her noticing them episodes ago isn't something that's going to stand out in ones memory until after the fact.

krissy
11-22-2012, 03:47 AM
Unless you have photographic memory, which I do, so watch out.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
11-22-2012, 07:37 AM
and god damn Isaak is one scary mothersmurfer.

I liked the scenes about his homosexuality in this episode.

Shlup
11-22-2012, 08:29 AM
I like that he had to fucking spell it out for Dexter. xD

Slothy
11-22-2012, 01:25 PM
Not going to lie; after their little heart to heart I don't want Dexter to have to kill Isaak now. Probably my favourite villainous character in years on this show.

Raistlin
11-25-2012, 05:08 PM
I like that he had to fucking spell it out for Dexter. xD

Seriously, he can be so dense.

Loved the heart to heart between Isaak and Dexter.

Psychotic
11-27-2012, 06:45 PM
Isaak :( Beast.

Raistlin
11-28-2012, 02:43 AM
Yeah I'm sad and surprised to see him go, too, at least with this many episodes left. I'm not sure how I feel about the next big threat being randomly introduced this late.

Amusingly enough, right when Isaak was talking with his assistant about the two guys coming to kill him, I thought almost verbatim: "you know, Dexter would be a great ally right now if Isaak wanted to bury the hatchet." The very next scene, about 5 seconds later: Isaak knocked on Dexter's door.

McLovin'
11-28-2012, 07:11 AM
Is this like the only season with a bunch of villains one after another? Each season only had 1 villain if I remember and then some asshole trying to expose Dexter at work. This time it's Maria but we've got so many villains: , Louis, Isaak, Hannah McKay (in the beginning), Speltzer, and now the club owner.

Levian
11-28-2012, 07:39 AM
Not to mention that guy who likes to burn people alive. :) But maybe he doubles as someone else we know.

and hasuhourwejrkp this was a good episode. Sad to see Isaak go, would've been cool to see him work alongside Dexter for a while.

Shlup
12-03-2012, 08:52 AM
This was one of the best episodes ever. Dexter's realizations were pretty great--I was grinning like an idiot when he was lecturing the "Phantom".

I'm not looking forward to the end. I don't want Hannah to go. :(

Shauna
12-03-2012, 11:54 AM
Seems like Dex will be making the ultimate decision! Choosing between Deb and Hannah? :( None of these are good things.

I am super excite about how he's gonna deal with LaGuerta and the other guy.

Raebus
12-03-2012, 02:13 PM
Seems like Dex will be making the ultimate decision! Choosing between Deb and Hannah? :( None of these are good things.

I am super excite about how he's gonna deal with LaGuerta and the other guy.
Apparently the last episode is called "Surprise, Mothrsmurfer" so who knows how he'll deal with the two. :P I'm sure doakes makes an appearence in a flashback or something. Shock unexpected ending I reckon.

McLovin'
12-04-2012, 12:10 AM
I think Quin's hair is becoming like that History channel alien meme guy.

also hannah mckay is so damn hot.

Raistlin
12-04-2012, 02:09 AM
Dexter's realizations were pretty great--I was grinning like an idiot when he was lecturing the "Phantom".

Eh, it was ok. The sudden 180 to killing Hannah's father just because he wanted to was way too rushed and forced, but that's how a lot of the show's plot points go. Otherwise it was good. And it will be interesting to see how Dexter navigates Hannah, Deb, and now LaGuerta.

I would chide the writing for some leaps of logic LaGuerta made to be so convinced about Dexter being the BHB (omg he had a motive to kill one of the victims! That must mean he is this serial killer whose MO it is to not need any personal motive!), but LaGuerta being a moron is a pretty constant theme of the show, so it's actually believable.

Shlup
12-04-2012, 08:48 AM
Dexter's realizations were pretty great--I was grinning like an idiot when he was lecturing the "Phantom".

Eh, it was ok. The sudden 180 to killing Hannah's father just because he wanted to was way too rushed and forced, but that's how a lot of the show's plot points go. Otherwise it was good. And it will be interesting to see how Dexter navigates Hannah, Deb, and now LaGuerta.

I would say it was his wanting to kill Hannah's dad that made it click. He's given hypocritical lectures before, but this time he really had someone he just felt like fucking murdering to get rid of them.

Psychotic
12-04-2012, 07:17 PM
Apparently the last episode is called "Surprise, Mothrsmurfer" so who knows how he'll deal with the two. :P I'm sure doakes makes an appearence in a flashback or something. Shock unexpected ending I reckon.Wonder if Doakes made a Randy from Scream style video from the grave announcing Dexter as the BHB. Then he and Hannah go to jail. YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST FOLKS!

McLovin'
12-10-2012, 05:35 AM
SURPRISE MOTHERF!CKER!

Shauna
12-10-2012, 10:59 AM
This week's episode was rather lacklustre IMO, but I suppose it was building up for the finale. And judging by the preview...

Oh GOD.

:excited:

Rantz
12-10-2012, 09:44 PM
Oh my sweet lord. :hyper:

Raistlin
12-10-2012, 10:33 PM
How unbelievably stupid does Dexter have to be to go kill someone connected to him moments after hearing about LaGuerta's suspicion? Seriously now. Just because Matthews was convinced doesn't mean LaGuerta wouldn't stop snooping around on her own. And with absolute no thought or checking, Dexter just accepted that Matthews was speaking for her. After being so utterly careful with planting persuasive evidence of Doakes's guilt, he then goes to kill his mother's killer immediately after his release, and does not even object to his release at his parole hearing. -- and does not check to see if his victim was being followed That last attempted kill was among the dumbest things Dexter has ever done, and that list runs pretty high.

Otherwise, it was an ok episode. The finale, at least, looks intense.

Psychotic
12-11-2012, 07:14 PM
To be fair, he did have Deb's car crash and Hannah possibly trying to kill her weighing heavily on his mind. Plus the release of one of his mother's killers would've had an effect on him too.

Shlup
12-12-2012, 03:47 AM
IT'S HARD TO THINK RIGHT WITH A MURDERBONER, RAISTLIN. Gosh, you just don't understand anything.

I miss Hannah. ;_;

Raistlin
12-12-2012, 03:54 AM
If he had a "murder boner," I could at least understand it -- like his desperate need to kill Viktor in the airport. But he was otherwise careful and thorough; he was obviously thinking about LaGuerta instead of just ignoring her, as he emphasized to Deb that she wouldn't be a problem anymore. If I was meant to believe that he was so in need of a kill that consequences be damned, the episode sure did a poor job of portraying that.

Kirobaito
12-13-2012, 10:50 PM
How unbelievably stupid does Dexter have to be to go kill someone connected to him moments after hearing about LaGuerta's suspicion? Seriously now. Just because Matthews was convinced doesn't mean LaGuerta wouldn't stop snooping around on her own. And with absolute no thought or checking, Dexter just accepted that Matthews was speaking for her. After being so utterly careful with planting persuasive evidence of Doakes's guilt, he then goes to kill his mother's killer immediately after his release, and does not even object to his release at his parole hearing. -- and does not check to see if his victim was being followed That last attempted kill was among the dumbest things Dexter has ever done, and that list runs pretty high.

Otherwise, it was an ok episode. The finale, at least, looks intense.
Here's one thing more stupid than doing that: spurning a former lover and turning in a murderer to whom you've confessed that you're a serial killer based on circumstantial evidence.

Shauna
12-17-2012, 09:25 AM
Damn, those final 10 minutes. :o Actual edge of my seat nonsense.

Also I didn't realise how much I missed Doakes. He was so badass. ;_;

Shlup
12-17-2012, 09:43 AM
WTF Deb? ;_;

Psychotic
12-17-2012, 08:15 PM
Next season will be the last. I can fucking believe it.

Rantz
12-17-2012, 09:34 PM
Wowww.

Deb's character being put in that position and having to make that choice is so damn shitty. It makes for great TV so in that sense I'm not complaining, but jesus. Could've put her in a scene where she cuts off her own leg and it would've been less gruesome than that. I'm dying to know where they're gonna take her character next season and where all this is gonna end. But honestly, I'm more curious about how they're going to treat Deb's character than Dexter's next season.

Raistlin
12-18-2012, 02:17 AM
Yikes. I thought LaGuerta was going to reach for a gun and then Deb was going to shoot her... not for Deb to just blow her away. Holy crap. (Also, I like how a full dose of Dexter's Magic Serum (TM) knocks people out for hours, but a half-dose manages about 10 minutes).

I agree with Psy; I had the same feeling he did that next season could be the last. I have no idea how Deb is going to handle having murdered LaGuerta. And then there's the issue of LaGuerta having been killed by Deb's service weapon, which will be tough to cover up.

Shiny
12-18-2012, 04:11 AM
I suspected that Deb would either do what she did or that Dexter would slit Laguerta's throat before she had a chance to react. When he put down the knife I was like wait...what? The whole season I thought was partly about how serial killers like Hannah or Dexter will stop at nothing to protect themselves. That's weird to me and next season is just going to be even weirder.

Rantz
12-18-2012, 07:32 AM
Season 8 was confirmed to be the last some time ago, no need for hunches. Which I'm happy with. 8 seasons is more than enough, and despite a few lackluster seasons it's held very high quality comparatively and will hopefully end that way.

I'm still struggling to think of a way they can ever let Deb be even a little bit okay with this.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
12-18-2012, 09:22 AM
Anyone else catch the "in light of the school shooting we are informing you this show is of a graphic nature"? It's nice that they did that. A part of me also thought "Who's sitting here watching the Dexter season finale and unaware of the shows contents".

I think this was the season of the show I most enjoyed so far. Don't want to wait for a year! It definitely kept me interested the whole way through. And here I was at the start of the season thinking "the last episode will have Isaac laying on Dexters table". I was way off, and glad that this season keeps you guessing.

It will be interesting to see if Hannah plays a role next season or if her role in this episode implied she was going to leave town. Hope there's nothing wrong with the flower she gave Dexter. And why did she bite his lip to the point where it bled?

And can I just say I'm glad that we didn't end in a cliffhanger like last season? The suspense would have killed me.

Gorski
12-18-2012, 09:58 AM
it was just adventuros season to look up at i really enjoyed it watching....

McLovin'
12-19-2012, 12:29 AM
Terrible season. What a meh ending. LaGuerta doesn't call for back up to catch Dexter red-handed? It's just sooo stupid. There's nothing intricate in the storytelling for this season. It's all just this happens and then this happens and then this. Hannah got away from 2 cops who were distracted by a random freakin' new patient? Ridiculous. No real villains. Dexter didn't grow at all throughout either, just in like 2 episodes with Hannah. Even the shitty Lumen season was more interesting with the 5 villains.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
12-20-2012, 02:53 AM
A couple more thoughts.

-I also wonder why after Dexter made the guy talk to LaGuerta on the phone, that she decided to go alone?

-It will be interesting to see what kind of role Batista plays next season. LaGuerta has suspicions about Dexter and she magically disappears? Maybe he'll decide to not quite retire yet after all. It will be interesting to see how everyone handles that.

-Even though I'm glad there wasn't a cliffhanger, I think a great cliffhanger would be the point right before Deb shot LaGuerta. You might have had to wait a whole other year to see what she decides to do :monster:

Shlup
12-21-2012, 11:13 PM
If you are unawares, the part where Deb runs up and holds DeadGuerta was improv, and she tells Dexter "I hate you." That part was scary. ;____;

I don't get why Deb thought it was a good idea to kill LaGuerta herself, but it made for an interesting scene.

Shorty
01-03-2013, 11:45 PM
reviving this because I finally finished the season

I swear to god I thought that Deb overdosed on those pills herself. It doesn't fit with her character to pull such a stunt, but she was gunning so hard for Hannah that I thought she might have been behind it. It makes sense that Hannah would have done it, though, right after Dexter essentially showed her that it family memers were "fair game" by killing her father.

I don't think we've seen the last of Hannah McKay. I have a feeling that something will happen in the next season and she's going to resurface to ask Dexter to come with her to Argentina.

I really have no idea what the next season will bring. I wish they had left a cliffhanger in one way or another.

Quindiana Jones
01-04-2013, 02:29 AM
Related to Dexter but not to this specific discussion, I don't think: Titus Pullo has one of the best "I'm going to kill you" faces in the business. The way his face just drops into this complete absence of any emotion is utterly terrifying, and it makes me squeal whenever I see it. I only managed to get through half of season four before I had to stop, but I've seen some YouTube clips, and knowing that Pullo will be making an appearance at some point has made me want to start watching them again.

chionos
01-07-2013, 12:36 AM
I really enjoyed his character (Ray Stevenson's that is).

The way the season ended is the right way to transition into the final season. Before now, we've known that ultimately nothing would happen to Dexter. But now, he's going to face the full spectrum of consequences that luck allowed him to avoid in previous seasons. The cliffhanger is the knowledge that he and Deb are not going to be able to walk away from this. He had opportunities to have a normal life but ignored them, and he's going to take Deb down with him, so that finally the whole cursed family will be dead.

I guess people will disagree with me, but Jennifer Carpenter has done such a great job with that character.

Rantz
01-07-2013, 01:13 AM
I guess people will disagree with me, but Jennifer Carpenter has done such a great job with that character.

I agree completely, actually. She's very strongly acted. The writers have been harsh to her character which I think has lead to her being disliked by many viewers who thinks she's negative, even whiny, but with everything she's been through it would be strange for her to be anything else.

Shorty
01-07-2013, 01:14 AM
I am one of the ones who think she is negative and whiny. I can't stand Deb as of late.

Raistlin
01-07-2013, 03:17 AM
I love Deb and think she's a great character. Sure, she's whiny and emotional at times, but that's part of what makes her such a good character, especially juxtaposed with Dexter's exact opposite personality.

Plus, she's the best cusser on TV.

Shorty
01-07-2013, 11:01 AM
If by "best" you mean "most annoying" then you are indeed correct. I love cussing in all it's glory but that woman finds a way to stick profanity where I never though anyone could.

Although I will admit that she is actually the best sobber. When she's having one of her sobbing hysterical breakdowns, my heart is actually in pain for her.

Quindiana Jones
01-07-2013, 12:23 PM
FYI, Malcolm Tucker is the best cusser on television.

Shlup
01-08-2013, 01:35 AM
Woman finds out her brother, who works for her at a police station, is a serial killer... and she's a whiner? I don't see it. xD

chionos
01-08-2013, 06:21 AM
Yeah, Shorty's just being mean. :cry: Or jealous. :p

Although the writers have made a few missteps with the character, I still think Deb is one of the better female characters on TV right now.

In general, Britts are better cussers than Americans. More finesse.

Shorty
01-08-2013, 07:47 AM
I'm not the one who called her whiny! Though I did call her annoying.

chionos
01-08-2013, 08:12 AM
I'm not the one who called her whiny! Though I did call her annoying.

Oh I'm sorry, I di--

I am one of the ones who think she is negative and whiny. I can't stand Deb as of late.

:kakapo:

Lone Wolf Leonhart
01-14-2013, 09:24 PM
So Dexter is coming back June 30th :monster:

Glad I don't have to wait til the Fall.