PDA

View Full Version : Visiting hours are over. Please exit the building.

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
10-02-2012, 09:37 PM
So, this is for you grown up kids who don't live near the rest of your family.

How often do you go see them? Do you make it a point to fly/drive/train to see them a couple times a year?
Does it suck not being able to see them all the time?

I fucking love being over a thousand miles away from my family. I love them and all that, but I enjoy being my own person doing my own thing without their constant influences.

I also don't really care about seeing them. A couple years is not very long. Get over it. I don't need to fly back home to see you all twice a year. Just because I am deploying doesn't mean I need to come home and see everyone before I go. If you really wanted to visit with me, you make the trip. I don't want to.

My wife thinks I am just devoid of feelings and have no emotions. I suppose I am just a robot who loves bananas. Bananas covered in chocolate syrup.

How about you?

Clo
10-02-2012, 09:42 PM
I see my parent perhaps once a month. I adore them, but we stop getting along after two days in each others company.

Jowy
10-02-2012, 09:49 PM
i saw my aunt last november...aside from that, not much contact with anyone.

Iceglow
10-02-2012, 10:49 PM
I cross the city every few weeks or so to go visit home, depends on work scheduling and my finances.

Raistlin
10-02-2012, 11:00 PM
Over the past few years I've seen my mom probably once every month or two, but I'll stay for a while over summers and holidays. I'll see my dad maybe once every few months. It doesn't bother me to not see them for longer periods of time.

Freya
10-02-2012, 11:08 PM
i'm going to visit my parents tonight ^_^ I do my laundry over there since mine are still brokes. They make me dinner and it's nice YAY MOMMY AND DADDY. They also buy me stuff so that's cool too.

Shlup
10-03-2012, 01:16 AM
I make it a point to see most of my family members at least every three months. I live a couple hours drive from most of them.

Pike
10-03-2012, 01:32 AM
I see my mom once, maybe twice a year. Sucks being broke. I'd like to visit her more often once I start doing better financially.

Pheesh
10-03-2012, 01:33 AM
My mum lives on the other side of the country. I try to fly over there at least thrice a year, but it's expensive and annoying because I have to stay with her for such a long time to justify the trip.

Next year I'm moving to the same state as her because it's superior in every way, but I'll have the same problem with my dad then D:

Jinx
10-03-2012, 01:54 AM
My mum lives on the other side of the country. I try to fly over there at least thrice a year, but it's expensive and annoying because I have to stay with her for such a long time to justify the trip.

Next year I'm moving to the same state as her because it's superior in every way, but I'll have the same problem with my dad then D:

lol

remember that one time she bought you a ticket to come see her

and you missed your flight?

oh man, that was golden

Pheesh
10-03-2012, 02:04 AM

lol

oh man, that was golden

Why the fuck do I tell you things? Seriously -_-

Jinx
10-03-2012, 02:06 AM

lol

oh man, that was golden

Why the smurf do I tell you things? Seriously -_-

:D :D :D <333333333 You love me.

Also, I think it's worth mentioning in this thread: I live with my parents, and I love them. Next summer we're moving 2000 miles to be closer to our family. Yet, my family is such a bunch of shitbags, we still feel the need to live 45-60 minutes away from them so we don't have to see them that often. :)

Tigmafuzz
10-03-2012, 03:39 AM
>family

:crying:

Sephex
10-03-2012, 03:55 AM
I live in close proximity to my folk's, so I visit them fairly often. I never really viewed my parents as some sort of antagonistic force or an obstacle, so I enjoy staying in close contact with them.

Shorty
10-03-2012, 04:06 AM
My mom and I have a much better relationship since we're well over a thousand miles away. I miss my sisters, but it's nice to be able to be my own person. I see them once or twice a year. I see my dad a lot less - saw him several times in 2011 because we kindof re-established a relationship and were only like six hours apart, but I moved to California and botched that :(

Moving away was definitely the best thing I ever did for myself. When I move to Sweeeden, I'll see them a hell of a lot less than I do now.

Bubba
10-06-2012, 12:26 PM
I only visit my mum every couple of months or so. My stepdad is a knob though otherwise I would see her more often. I love having my own place and being independent.

I miss my sister though who lives in New Zealand. I'll be using Skype to chat to her now I have a laptop.

Chris
10-06-2012, 12:31 PM
I see most of the Danish side of my family quite regularly, but the rest of my family is spread across the globe. From England to the Philippines to Okinawa. :(

~*~Celes~*~
10-06-2012, 07:58 PM
i live on the other side of the avenue from them. far enough away that it takes a little while to walk, close enough that i can visit them as often as i like.

Criminally Vulgar
10-07-2012, 12:01 AM
There's this kind of vaginal connection thing going on when you're meeting with your family. A Russian doll weirdness. Creeps me the fuck out.

Bubba
10-07-2012, 12:31 AM
There's this kind of vaginal connection thing going on when you're meeting with your family. A Russian doll weirdness. Creeps me the smurf out.

Your family sounds weird.

Shorty
10-07-2012, 01:14 AM
a kind of what connection?

drotato
10-07-2012, 06:32 PM
Well, my mum lives about 30 minutes from me, so I get to see her pretty often. The rest of my family lives in Florida, so not so often. But that's okay, because they're all a bunch of douchebags anyway. My mum is the only family member I actually care about (besides my sister, of course) and don't want to strangle. :mad2:

Jinx
10-07-2012, 11:13 PM
There's this kind of vaginal connection thing going on when you're meeting with your family. A Russian doll weirdness. Creeps me the smurf out.

SYLVIE??

Jiro
10-08-2012, 04:58 AM

oh shit I think I understand what you mean. how weird