PDA

View Full Version : Your Favourite Things as a Kid

Jinx
10-03-2012, 01:52 AM

Agent Proto
10-03-2012, 01:56 AM
My favorite thing was going to the park to play. There was this swing, it was awesome, and one of the things that every other kids did was to find out who could jump the farthest off the swing. I did it once, but I hurt myself. :(

Pheesh
10-03-2012, 01:57 AM
I kinda miss primary school to be honest. I mean, in primary you did pretty much crap all work, my home room teacher was sooo nice, everyone was friends with everyone else (except boys didn't hang out with girls and no one hung out with the smelly kid), and it's hard to enjoy anything ever as much as a kid enjoys the sound of recess/lunch/home bell.

High School can fuck RIGHT off though.

Raistlin
10-03-2012, 02:09 AM
Soccer
Legos
Spider-Man
SNES video games, including: TMNT (Turtles in Time), Mario Bros. 2-3 and Super Mario World, and some Ken Griffey Jr. baseball game.
Books include: Encyclopedia Brown, the Great Brain series (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Great_Brain), and Goosebumps
TV shows include: Spider-Man and X-Men Saturday morning cartoons, I Love Lucy, Family Matters

Unbreakable Will
10-03-2012, 02:19 AM
Can be memories, games, toys, movies, anything!

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b88/moriah_haworth/IfYouGiveaMouseaCookie.jpg

Was talking about this with my mum, and the sheer awesomeness of it. So, this is also a "Talk about how cool 'If You Give a Mouse a Cookie' is."
I had that book as a child and now I read it to mine. :love:

I loved Pokemon games (not the trading cards), Pogs, Batman action figures (and such toys in general), comic books and fantasy novels (which I still love), DBZ and various anime, The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy... the list goes on for at least another few miles of forum pages.

Sephex
10-03-2012, 02:53 AM
Back in the day, every Thursday meant I was going to get picked up after school by my great grandmother instead of my grandma. Nothing against my grandma, but I absolutely adored going to my great grandmother's house for a variety of reasons. One of them was there was something about her presence combined with the house that she lived in that usually took away childhood stress when I went there. I mean, yeah, she babied me a bit, but it wasn't just that.

If I could seriously mentally time travel back through time I would visit that "era" of my life again. I would attempt to have a serious discussion with my great grandmother to thank her for all that she has done for me.

Shorty
10-03-2012, 02:59 AM
Where the Wild Things Are and the noises and voices my dad would make as he read it to me.

Tigmafuzz
10-03-2012, 03:51 AM
Food.

Jowy
10-03-2012, 03:54 AM
i liked sitting on the back porch in summertime and reading. and having all night sleepovers where we just drank jolt cola and played Secret of Evermore and FFVI.

Jiro
10-03-2012, 04:25 AM
Soccer
Legos

These two for starters.

Bubba
10-03-2012, 11:42 AM
SNES video games, including: TMNT (Turtles in Time), Mario Bros. 2-3 and Super Mario World

This.

I also loved singing songs with my Dad while he played the guitar.

Chris
10-03-2012, 12:04 PM
There are so many things, but...

http://images.bcdb.com/ad_im/other/were_back.jpg?u=

Must have watched this at least 6 times a week. :love:

Clo
10-03-2012, 12:46 PM
My friends. SNES.

And playing on the trampoline. :bigsmile:

Night Fury
10-03-2012, 03:18 PM
Pokemon! :) (Still love it.)

I remember me and my uncle (who is one year older than ma) used to race home from primary school to get the good seat at my gran's house. We also used to love watching Digimon and Cardcaptors :D

Oh, and THE SPICE GIRLS

Chris
10-03-2012, 07:17 PM
I still watch Pokémon, too.

Ahem,

www.pokemonepisode.org (http://www.pokemonepisode.org)

www.watchpokemonepisodes.com (http://www.watchpokemonepisodes.com)

:greenie:

Denmark
10-03-2012, 07:46 PM
lion king
snes
pokemon

Shorty
10-04-2012, 04:00 AM
xz6OGVCdov8

fire_of_avalon
10-04-2012, 04:33 AM
Henry and Mudge.

Also known as Bryson and Thor to my family now.

And Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

And dahlias.

Laddy
10-04-2012, 06:07 AM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/f0/MightAndMagic6Box.jpg

My first game and part of the reason I'm the socially-crippled mess I am today. I fucking loved this game and I spend my entire free time finding EVERY secret to it.

Oh, and Spongebob.

Denmark
10-04-2012, 06:59 AM
graghhasdfasdfasdfadsfvideo

i'm so mad at you right now and i watched like 5 seconds of the video

Shlup
10-04-2012, 09:00 AM
Same thing as my favorite thing now: sugar.

Cloudane
10-04-2012, 01:01 PM
Nuuuuu you'll make me all nostalgic and sad!

My computers, especially my Amiga
Lego
Sitting sprawled across the furniture watching Star Trek TNG and DS9
Going to bed early to spend the evening eating snacks and reading the Beano while my parents go to the pub

*thinks*
Actually that's not so bad. Now I'm 30 and still do pretty much the same thing hehe. I'm pretty content with life, even if others think I should be doing other things.
- Still mess with computers, and got an Amiga again off eBay
- Okay, I don't have lego. I want lego. I may fix that.
- I sprawled across the bed and watched all of TNG and DS9 (and Voyager) over the past couple of years.
- Fridays are pretty similar, I don't actually "go to bed" but sit on it eating snacks, drinking beer and watching My Little Pony / posting on related sites. 'kay, I didn't expect to be doing that last one back when I was 10. I may get the Beano some time just for nostalgia.

Growing old is inevitable; growing up is optional.

Christmas
10-04-2012, 04:19 PM
I got a sad and empty childhood. :(

Pumpkin
10-04-2012, 04:36 PM
Wagons and dinosaurs. I loved pulling people in a wagon. As far as dinosaurs go, I had many dinosaur toys, books, movies an clothes.

Rantz
10-04-2012, 05:44 PM
Cuban cigars and argyle.

Shorty
10-04-2012, 06:32 PM
graghhasdfasdfasdfadsfvideo

i'm so mad at you right now and i watched like 5 seconds of the video

childhood memories eh rob :aimkiss:

Lonely Paper Star
10-06-2012, 10:53 PM
~ Using bicycles and racing games to simulate "driving." For some reason, that's what I wanted to do the most as a "grown up." Now I don't really care. Go figure. o_o
~ Baby-sitters Club, Goosebumps, and Sweet Valley. Also, those Alvin Schwartz horror books with the really freaky illustrations.
~ SNICK. Especially Are You Afraid of the Dark.
~ SNES and Gameboy.
~ Disney movies, particularly from the "Disney Renaissance (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disney_Renaissance)" era. Those soundtracks were amazing.
~ Mariah Carey's "Daydream" album. lolol .. and Spice Girls. And Boyz II Men. And BSB. ...I really liked my 90s music, I guess.

Raistlin
10-07-2012, 08:07 PM
Oh man, I forgot some video games: Gameboy's Kirby's Dream Land. I played that game so smurfing much. As well as SNES's Zombies Ate My Neighbors. Highly entertaining game.

And for computer: Oregon Trail, Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego, and Number Munchers.

Lonely Paper Star
10-07-2012, 09:32 PM
Oh man, I forgot some video games: Gameboy's Kirby's Dream Land. I played that game so smurfing much. As well as SNES's Zombies Ate My Neighbors. Highly entertaining game.

And for computer: Oregon Trail, Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego, and Number Munchers.

My Kirby games were Kirby's Adventure on NES and Kirby Superstar on SNES. <3

I remember those computer games! Those were fun.

I also played some computer game called CrossCountry California... or something.

~*~Celes~*~
10-08-2012, 02:18 AM
There are so many things, but...

http://images.bcdb.com/ad_im/other/were_back.jpg?u=

Must have watched this at least 6 times a week. :love:

I found that on dvd pretty cheap so I bought it for my son :D I can't wait to watch it with him! I've also been collecting another token of my childhood for him, the Disney movies I grew up on :D

When I was a kid, I was never bored. I was either watching tv, playing NES/SNES/N64, reading, listening to The Lion King soundtrack all night every night before bed, going outside to play with my friends, sneaking baking m&ms out of the bag my mom had put up (and she just recently informed me that she knew about this :o), playing with my barbies or my big brother's micro machines...seriously, my childhood kicked ass.

There are times I wish, just for one day, I could go back in time and just be that age again. But I look at how I am now, and even though my days of that are over, my son will one day be looking to me for entertainment and I will be more than happy to introduce him to the fun I had at his age <3

themagicroundabout
10-08-2012, 05:02 AM
http://images5.fanpop.com/image/photos/28800000/the-roundabout-sooty-the-wombles-and-the-magic-roundabout-28815523-500-393.jpg

Pike
10-09-2012, 11:37 AM
I grew up with a lot of classic books. Alice's Adventures in Wonderland/Through the Looking Glass, Winnie-the-Pooh, Beatrix Potter, E.B. White... I read a heck of a lot when I was a kid.

opn184
10-18-2012, 03:50 AM
I loved watching Pingu... and I still do!

MWAT MWAT! :D

Jiro
10-18-2012, 10:04 AM
Oh goodness Pingu. That show was awesome. How awesome can you be, opn184? :D