PDA

View Full Version : Useful Characters

Wolf Kanno
10-03-2012, 07:29 AM
So we discussed who seems useless but which characters do you feel are the most useful and would never leave your party?

Pete for President
10-03-2012, 09:32 AM
Tidus for he has Haste/Hastega and pretty good Overdrives.

Zidane was always in my party too. I guess his quickness and pretty high HP made him sort of a backbone for the party.

Chris
10-03-2012, 12:09 PM
Yuna (FFX) is quite possibly the most useful character, ever. She renders all of the rest completely irrelevant. She can heal, damage, summon, everything, all by herself.

VeloZer0
10-03-2012, 04:26 PM
Hm... I started writing down a list of most 'useful' game characters and then realized I was writing a list of the most overpowered characters.

Quindiana Jones
10-03-2012, 05:26 PM
Other than the otherwise, I always found Amarant very useful from the moment I got him.

Jinx
10-03-2012, 05:34 PM
Other than the otherwise, I always found Amarant very useful from the moment I got him.

*snort*

Citizen Bleys
10-03-2012, 10:17 PM
Richard from Suikoden V is in my party full time from the moment I recruit him.
Ditto Ted in Suikoden IV.

Raistlin
10-03-2012, 10:57 PM
Richard from Suikoden V is in my party full time from the moment I recruit him.
Ditto Ted in Suikoden IV.

While those are entirely accurate, and Richard especially is one of the most broken characters from any RPG series, this is the General Final Fantasy forum. :p

Some ones that occur to me off the top of my head:

Fighter from FFI
Ninja from FFT (or Mathematician and Orlandu if you mean "most broken").
Tidus from FFX (despite how much he sucks outside of battle, and he sometimes will leave mid-battle due to the design of the game)
Vaan from FFXII (despite his uselessness in the actual story)
Lightning from FFXIII

Denmark
10-04-2012, 01:21 AM
:ffviwag::ffvilaugh::ffviwhat:

Del Murder
10-04-2012, 04:18 AM
Yuna (FFX) is quite possibly the most useful character, ever. She renders all of the rest completely irrelevant. She can heal, damage, summon, everything, all by herself.
Yep. Her and Orlandu from FFT pretty much break their games. I only take them out if I'm looking for a challenge. Orlandu in particular is pretty much the most game-breaking addition to a team I can think of ever.

Though FFVI has a pretty diverse cast of useful characters, Edgar with his auto crossbow, drill and chainsaw is pretty much the best character for the majority of the game.

Beowulf
10-04-2012, 04:34 AM
FF 6: Mog.
FF 7: Tifa
FF 8: Zell.
FF 9: Steiner. Powerhouse. Holy god.
FF 10: Lulu/Yuna.
FF Tactics: Beowulf. Always. (Duh.)
Star Ocean 2: Bowman.
Star Ocean: Til the End of Time: Albel.

Sure, I know the last 2 aren't final fantasy...but they are square-enix

Evastio
10-05-2012, 01:00 AM
I usually always try to rotate out characters, so there aren't any characters that never leave my team.

Well, for FFIV Advance, I always try to have either Rosa or Porom on my team.

And in FFVI, I favour Locke and Edgar a lot (Locke for stealing, especially for extra Ragnaroks in FFVI Advance and I really like Edgar's tools since they're mostly accurate, have no cost for their usage, and I'm not very good with Sabin's later blitz's).

Pete for President
10-05-2012, 07:25 PM
Yep. Her and Orlandu from FFT pretty much break their games. I only take them out if I'm looking for a challenge. Orlandu in particular is pretty much the most game-breaking addition to a team I can think of ever.

Hmmm odd. I never thought of Yuna being overpowered due to being quite fragile. On most of my playthroughs she isn't a regular on my party until Bevelle/Calm Lands.

Del Murder
10-06-2012, 03:21 AM
Well, she breaks the game because her aeons are pretty strong and there's really no cost of summoning them. In terms of maximum statistics, she can achieve the same stats and abilities as anybody, but she is the only one with aeons, which when powered up can one shot most things.