PDA

View Full Version : Celebrities/Famous Folks on Twitter

Clo
10-03-2012, 08:07 PM
I added "Famouse Folks" because there are also scientists and anchors and what not.

What celebrities do you follow on Twitter? Are there any good ones worth following, and why? Any absolutely awful twitterfeeds?

I used to hate the idea of following celebrities on Twitter, but over the past year I've found that a lot of them can be quite funny/political and they occasionally link to very trendy informative things...

Anywho! I follow:

Neil deGrasse Tyson, because he is the TIT.
Chris Rock, he actually tweets too much and only ever bashes Romney every FIVE MINUTES.
Sarah Silverman, because she is vulgar and makes me laugh
Paul Ryan, because... why not?
Samuel L. Jackson, though all he ever does is tweet about sports and post pictures of himself wearing dorky fishing hats.
Louis C.K., though he only ever promotes his show. :|
Bill Nye, same reason as Tyson.
George Takei, OHHH MYYYYYYY.
Stephen Colbert
Amanda Palmer, because she posts pictures of her tatas.
Neil Gaiman, because he posts a huge variety of things!

And that's it.

Chris
10-03-2012, 08:21 PM
I am so over Sinéad O'Connor's drama on Twitter. First she is all chipper and personally speaks to everyone, but then... she is suicidal, and blocks us! Following Sinéad on Twitter has been a long and exhausting ordeal.

Miriel
10-03-2012, 08:23 PM
I like Stephen Colbert, Conan, and Neil Patrick Harris on twitter.

I used to follow Rainn Wilson but his tweets got obnoxious. Same for Mindy Kaling.

I don't follow too many celebrities.

Rantz
10-03-2012, 08:28 PM
Demetri Martin. Favourite ever. Also QueenOfLesbian.

I am so over Sinéad O'Connor's drama on Twitter. First she is all chipper and personally speaks to everyone, but then... she is suicidal, and blocks us! Following Sinéad on Twitter has been a long and exhausting ordeal.

I'm sure you've unfollowed her by now, but this made me think of something Lynxie retweeted today:

@rickygervais: Following someone on Twitter & then complaining about what they tweet about is like stalking someone & complaining that they walk too fast.

Jowy
10-03-2012, 08:45 PM
biznasty2point0

that's it.

Clo
10-03-2012, 08:49 PM
biznasty2point0

that's it.

I just looked him up, and a shit ton of my friends follow him. This is what I get for living in a hockey city.

Jowy
10-03-2012, 10:10 PM
he's not even good, that's the best part.

Chris
10-03-2012, 10:13 PM
"Following", not "Stalking". There is a graceful difference between the two.

Denmark
10-03-2012, 10:20 PM
Zach Braff and Donald Faison
H. Jon Benjamin
Emma Watson
Mark Hamill
and like a million more, probably like 60% of the people i follow

krissy
10-04-2012, 12:28 AM
https://twitter.com/Horse_ebooks

Clo
10-04-2012, 01:38 AM
Yknow what I enjoy more than horse ebooks?

Cat ebooks. :party:

Bunny
10-04-2012, 01:55 AM
Chris Kluwe - punter for the Vikings. He's also a gamer and posts funny stuff occasionally.
Childish Gambino - Donald Glover because he's funny.
Markus Peerson - Mostly because of Minecraft-related shit.
Conan - He's kind of funny sometimes.
Daniel Tosh - He's not funny ever.
John Scalzi - Bacon cats everywhere.
Alan Tudyk, Wil Wheaton, Nathan Fillion - weirdos

I don't pay attention to Twitter ever so these are all kinda ignored.

Shorty
10-04-2012, 02:29 AM
I follow my favorite radio hosts from x96 Radio From Hell in Utah and that is all.

Del Murder
10-04-2012, 04:49 AM
Colbert and Conan because they only Tweet jokes. I don't really care about a celebrity's personal life.

Citizen Bleys
10-04-2012, 06:56 AM
John Scalzi - Bacon cats everywhere.

There's a lot more to Scalzi than bacon and cats.

But yes, Scalzi is cool.

Cloudane
10-04-2012, 12:49 PM
Stephen Fry - He was like pretty much the first celeb on Twitter and IMO talks a lot of agreeable sense
Alan Sugar & Piers Morgan - Pretty rubbish to follow on their own, but entertaining for how much they bitch at each other.
Wil Wheaton - Because Star Trek TNG, and him being just as "interested" in his time on it as his fans (by contrast I actually un-followed Brent Spiner as I get the strong impression he wants nothing to do with either).
Tara Strong - She's Rikku and Twilight Sparkle, seems to love what she does and takes an interest in the characters she plays, and she's absolutely fantastic to her fans. What's not to love.
Dara O Briain - He's funny.
The Queen (@Queen_UK) (not the real one, but funny)
John de Lancie - He's Q, Discord and pretty cool.
Robert Llewellyn - Kryten off Red Dwarf, or the guy off Scrapheap Challenge and Carpool. One of the early Twitterers. Keeps us updated on the progress of things like a certain new Red Dwarf series that starts tonight~

Night Fury
10-04-2012, 04:13 PM
I follow a lot of celebs on twitter, mostly ones from my favourite shows.

I followed Adam Baldwin in the hope he'd tweet about Chuck and Firefly related things, but everything he tweets is political, which I find a bit useless to me as I'm not American so pay little attention to the politics over there;.

I follow David Walliams, Alan Carr and Sarah Millican as they're all hilarious, especially Sarah Millican (plus she posts pictures of her pet cat. Win)

But mostly I follow people from TV shows in the hopes of getting updates.

Pike
10-04-2012, 04:53 PM
I had no idea all of you guys had twitter. We should have a twitter swap thread.

As for myself, most of the famous people I follow are game devs.