PDA

View Full Version : Olympic Event! Trivia! Gogo! Go go go! GOGO!

Goldenboko
10-04-2012, 03:29 PM
37422 Gogo the mysterious here! I have been called in to host this FFVI Trivia based event. It shall last a few days, depending on participation and the other events, as these Olympics begin to wind down. Indeed I do not know what to expect! It reminds me of the time Locke went up to me and said, "Gogo! You are a strange man!" Ah, the look on his face after my response of "...". Good times, good good times. Or perhaps that time Terra asked me if we girls should stick together. I told her yes, and we giggled into the sunset! What? Oh right, the game. It's just been so long since I've had visitors, please, don't leave. Look, I'll even provide you with a rule list!

Dat Rule List!

Each team can only guess ONCE per question, so be organized with your teammates!
I will be taking the FIRST submission of a guess from each team
Mark submissions in spoilers, if you don't I will dock points from your team
A correct answer for a question will award 1 point
There will be BONUS ROUNDS, worth two points!
Each question shall have at least 5 hours for guessing, this event should last around 3 days, and should feature most of the question.
Format Guesses like such GUESS
AGAIN. Mark your answer with spoiler tags like done above please. Kefka is watching and he will get very upset if this rule is broken!

Game time!
Q1. How many playable party members are in FFVI?

Quindiana Jones
10-04-2012, 04:53 PM
It's fine, we've got this Sam. I just so happen to be playing it right now. :smug:

Do you mean permanent party members, or are we including the temporary ones?

14, though you could say 17 if we include the temporary playable party members. :confused:

Jiro
10-05-2012, 02:12 AM
That better not be a trick question! I know rydrum was keen to answer but just in case the time runs out I will put team FFVI's answer here.

14 Permanent Party Members, 29 including non-permanent members ???? the Ghost, Biggs, Wedge, General Leo, Bannon and the 10 moogles.

blackmage_nuke
10-05-2012, 05:23 AM
Someone on my team already guessed but incase this is a SUPER tricik question

14 permanent party memebers, 29 temporary party members and infinite party members if you consider that you can have as many ghosts as you like (just not at the same time)

Jiro
10-05-2012, 05:49 AM
It could also be 4 at any one time, except in those situations like Kefka's Tower where you play as groups. So a maximum of 12, then.

Quindiana Jones
10-05-2012, 10:19 AM
Dunno why, but even though I knew about the moogles and Bannon and the ghosts etc., I didn't even consider them playable party members. Now I feel a terrible fool. xD

Woohoo, strong start to the event.

Shauna
10-06-2012, 11:39 AM
There's the 14 main crew, plus all the temporary party members which brings our total to 29? Silly jump in numbers, but there are so many moogles. :3

Yay trivia.

Goldenboko
10-07-2012, 11:53 PM
1 point for everyone who said 14, two points for everyone who said 14 and 29 temps! Will tally later! :) Sorry for the tardiness with this, had a holiday this weekend, will keep up with this now.

Q2! How does the cursed shield become the Paladin Shield? EXTRA! for naming the elements the Paladin shield absorbs and what magic it teaches!

Formalhaut
10-08-2012, 12:24 AM
Did you have to do trivia on this game? I know next to nothing about it! I suppose I'm just going have to do copious amounts of research..

The cursed shield transforms after 256 battles when equipped on someone who earns magic AP. Gogo and Umaro cannot, apparently. The paladin shield absorbs fire, ice, lightning and holy damage. It teaches Ultima at a rate of 1% per magic AP, apparently.

Dr. rydrum2112
10-08-2012, 02:40 AM
It absorbs fire, ice, lightening, and holy and teaches you ultima. You uncurse the cusre sheild by having it equipped it in 256 battles.

*i didn't meant to edit this- I just wanted to copy the spoiler part to put in new post.

Jiro
10-08-2012, 05:03 AM
I think my teammate rydrum2112 has the correct answer. You go, bro!

Shauna
10-08-2012, 07:28 AM
Complete 256 battles with the Cursed shield equipped on a living character and it will become the paladin shield. It absorbs fire, ice, thunder and holy. Teaches ultima. :}

Quindiana Jones
10-08-2012, 01:48 PM
Equip the Cursed Shield on a character that can gain AP, and have them survive 256 battles to turn it into the Paladin Shield, which is awesome. It absorbs Fire, Ice, Lightning and Holy, and teaches Ultima at a rate of 1%. Terra learned Ultima from it just before we took the Gem Box, which was awesome because I spammed the Mage Master boss with dual Ultima's every round. :radred:

Goldenboko
10-08-2012, 03:55 PM
At work and cannot tally, but the correct answer was have Survive 256 battles with it equipped to a character! The secondary answer was it absorbs Fire, Ice, Lightning, and Holy, and teaches Ultima!

QUESTION THREEEEEEEEEE! Easy one coming up: What is the name of the island Celes is on with Cid in the WoR?

Formalhaut
10-08-2012, 05:14 PM
Question three is easy enough, if you actually played the game.... Google!

Solitary Island. I know, imaginative name right?

Quindiana Jones
10-08-2012, 05:15 PM
Solitary Island.

Wait, we're allowed to Google? What the hell have I been racking my brain for through this whole event? xD

Formalhaut
10-08-2012, 05:20 PM
ssh, don't tell anyone!

Dr. rydrum2112
10-08-2012, 05:20 PM
Solitary Island

Just tidied the post up as per rydrum2112's request. He was posting from a mobile device. - J

Goldenboko
10-08-2012, 05:39 PM
Woah-woah-woah. didn't read through because I haven't been tallying yet. Please do NOT google xD

Formalhaut
10-08-2012, 07:15 PM
Woah-woah-woah. didn't read through because I haven't been tallying yet. Please do NOT google xD

Well that's me out of the game then, never played VI ever.

Bye everyone!

Quindiana Jones
10-08-2012, 07:45 PM
Well now I feel bad. xD

Although you did beat me in one or the earlier events, so :mwahaha:!

Goldenboko
10-09-2012, 02:44 PM
Solidarity Island was correct! Still being lazy with the tallying! I feel the lack of tallying makes it more exciting because clear winners aren't obvious! Sorry bout the google thing, it just makes it impossible to have a wrong answer since I need to be able to check everything I put up myself, therefore making it google-able. I'll count Formalhaut's initial points since I didn't make it clear.

Q4 Time! What is the first esper you can get in your party? Extra what is his attack called, what magic does he teach, and what does his attack do?

Quindiana Jones
10-09-2012, 03:24 PM
Pretty sure you get the first four summons from Ramuh in Zozo. In the order found in the Esper menu, it's Ramuh first, but in the order Ramuh gives them to you, I think it's Kirin first. Since I'm unsure of what you want exactly, I'm just gonna give you both. Hope that's alright. xD

Kirin's attack is called Life Guard, and casts Regen on the whole party. It teaches Cure, Cure 2, Regen, Antidote and Scan at a rate of x5, x1, x3, x4 and x5 respectively. Ramuh's attack is called Bolt Fist, and deals Lightning damage to all enemies. He teaches Bolt, Bolt 2 and Poison at a rate of x10, x2 and x5 respectively.

Jiro
10-09-2012, 04:45 PM
Terra is the first Esper to join your party. Judging for your additions to the question though, that is not what you were asking. So I will continue onto the next step: Zozo.

Upon climbing the tower in Zozo, you meet Ramuh and talk with him. In the GBA version of the game, you are able to pick up the espers in any order you see fit. In fact I played this section repeatedly one day to establish such a fact. As such, this question is completely unanswerable. I don't believe this method of receiving the espers changes across versions either.

However, Ramuh is placed immediately in front of the party and as such, he is likely to be the first esper acquired. You are able to learn the spells Thunder, Thundara and Poison from him. His in battle attack is known as Judgement Bolt (or Bolt Fist in the original version) and it hits all enemies for lightning damage. He also grants you +1 Stamina at level up.

Put that in your fucking pipe and smoke it. I'd give you the deets on the other espers but I'm lazy. That's what you get for asking trick questions!

Quindiana Jones
10-09-2012, 09:36 PM
I'm tempted to add in all the others, just for the sake of ensuring I answer his question. xD

If it is Terra, though, I'm going to come to your house and eat all of your food, boko. :colbert:

Jiro
10-10-2012, 02:58 AM
The question lists a male and Siren is a female esper so if he's going to be picky then we can both beat him down. I demand the two of our teams receive a bonus point for realising this flaw! :p

Dr. rydrum2112
10-10-2012, 03:29 AM
The question lists a male and Siren is a female esper so if he's going to be picky then we can both beat him down. I demand the two of our teams receive a bonus point for realising this flaw! :p

and by demand- he means humbly request that you consider giving those who exceed expectations bonus points.

Jiro
10-10-2012, 04:25 AM
Yeah rydrum is correct; I meant to be humble and ask nicely :jess:

Goldenboko
10-10-2012, 05:12 AM
Just Kidding.

The way to get all 3 points of this question where, name 1 of the first four correctly, name the secondary stuff correctly, mention you get four espers :jess:

Q4. In the introduction of the PS1 version of this game, Narshe is misspelt as...

Dr. rydrum2112
10-10-2012, 05:21 AM
Just Kidding.

The way to get all 3 points of this question where, name 1 of the first four correctly, name the secondary stuff correctly, mention you get four espers :jess:

Q4. In the introduction of the PS1 version of this game, Narshe is misspelt as...

Narche, the Coal Mines City

Quindiana Jones
10-10-2012, 02:08 PM
I'm quickly coming to hate you, gobo. xD

Narche.

blackmage_nuke
10-11-2012, 05:46 AM
Not sure if anyone on my team has guessed yet but

Narche

Jiro
10-11-2012, 06:48 AM
rydrum2112 is on our team blackmage_nuke. But good coverage! :D

Goldenboko
10-11-2012, 06:02 PM
Narche was correct!

Q5. What perks are there to Esper Form Terra?
Q5.5 Tally the scores. (:p Bed Bug invasion, getting desperate for help)

Dr. rydrum2112
10-11-2012, 06:25 PM
doubles damage dealt and half the damage taken (not liam neeson style) from magic attacks.

blackmage_nuke
10-11-2012, 06:30 PM
I can think of two things that become more "perky" when Terra takes her esper form 37503

Dr. rydrum2112
10-11-2012, 06:33 PM
I can think of two things that become more "perky" when Terra takes her esper form 37503

HAHAHA.

Quindiana Jones
10-12-2012, 11:53 AM
When in the Esper form, Terra deals double damage and receives half magic damage.

Goldenboko
10-12-2012, 08:20 PM
Terra deals double damage and receives half magic damage was correct!

Time to finish this up and Tally up the scores!

Q6. What was the name of the extra dungeon in FFVI Advance?
Q7. Edgar's Drill can be stolen from what enemy?
Q8. Ultros, (the main enemy of the game :p), is fought how many times?

Jiro
10-14-2012, 03:15 AM
6. Dragon's Den
7. Fortis
8. Four times

Jiro
10-14-2012, 03:20 AM
Solidarity Island was correct!

Glad to see our host is accurate as smurf too ;)

Also here are the current scores before the last three questions and before the bonus point received for doing your job for you:

Team FFVI ||||\||||\| (11)
Team QUIN ||||\||||\ (10)
Team SHAUNA |||| (4)
Team FORMALHAUT ||| (3)

As you can see I have no idea what teams each of these posters belong to because they are not a part of the superior Team FFVI.

Quindiana Jones
10-14-2012, 10:02 AM
Remember: Jiro is Australian, so is obviously lying so that he can win.

6. Dragon's Den ("AHM OUHT!")
7. Fortis.
8. Four times. He's a weird bastard.

Feeling pretty good about this event. :bigsmile:

Goldenboko
10-14-2012, 05:22 PM
Man you guys are good. Dragon's Den, Fortis, and 4 times was all right. Going to go ahead and begin confirming point tally's to wrap this up. Be right back! :D

Goldenboko
10-14-2012, 05:51 PM
FINAL SCORES!

1. FFVI.....................12
2. FFIX.....................11
3. FFX......................3
4. FFXIII...................2

FFVI takes it's own event! Gold, 25 points!
FFIX gets a close second! Silver, 13 points!
FFX is left in the dust, but still makes third. Bronze, 6 Points!

Quindiana Jones
10-14-2012, 06:40 PM
Fuck you, Jiro, and fuck you, boko, with your bastard 29 party members xD.

Goldenboko
10-14-2012, 07:13 PM
Hahah, first question was the hardest.

Quindiana Jones
10-14-2012, 08:04 PM
Baby, I know.

Jiro
10-18-2012, 12:20 AM
Dude what the hell kind of scoring system did you use to get those results? :freak:

I'd like to dedicate this victory to rydrum2112 and blackmage_nuke who are the real reason we won this.

Dr. rydrum2112
10-18-2012, 12:36 AM
Dude what the hell kind of scoring system did you use to get those results? :freak:

I'd like to dedicate this victory to rydrum2112 and blackmage_nuke who are the real reason we won this.

coming up big with the 25pts here. We have to be making a late push with your writing for the FFT, and our gold-silver combo in the job classes lyrics.

Goldenboko
10-18-2012, 12:38 AM

First question was worth 3 points, and was three parts.

Jiro
10-18-2012, 09:52 AM
So all the other questions were worth 1 point even if you asked for multiple pieces of information? 'Cause my tally awarded 1 point for every "part" you got right and that put Team FFVI on 11 with questions 6, 7 and 8 to go. It was just really smurfing confusing, 's all! xD

Goldenboko
10-18-2012, 01:41 PM
Anything that was 2 parts awarded two points. I can re-tally if you'd like :confused:

Jiro
10-18-2012, 03:02 PM
no no, it's okay! so long as everything works out right i'm happy, i was just trying to learn your scheme for awarding point is all. i'm a curious bee.