PDA

View Full Version : Rantz is Yu Yevon?

Christmas
10-05-2012, 05:18 PM
So we all know that Sin is crafted by that Yu Yevon, whom is that weird parasite thingy and former leader of Zanarkand, . :bigsmile:

But why is Sin in the shape of a whale? Why a WHALE!?? WHY A FREAKING WHALE AND NOT SOMETHING ELSE? LIKE A PANDA? HIPPO!? OR EVEN A COCK!!! :mad2:

So why do you think Sin is a whale of all things? :mad2:

BTW, feel free to discuss whether Rantz is actually Yu Yevon. :bigsmile:

http://i45.:bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou:/iof4mr.png

Gamblet
10-05-2012, 05:55 PM
The real question is: Why in the smurf is Rantz a whale!?

Formalhaut
10-05-2012, 09:11 PM
Speaking from a purely boring angle, seeing how whales are always the largest creatures in modern existence, it makes sense to have sin as a whale. I mean, wouldn't it be odd seeing a tiny fly stretched to gigantic proportions? Better to start with something big then make it big.

Yu Yevon meanwhile is some freakish parasite thing, which is normally, no, hopefully very small. Perhaps the developers wanted to have the two extremes of size, incredibly huge, and very small but both very evil.

Boring opinion over.

Shorty
10-06-2012, 12:31 AM
We're coming for you.

Jiro
10-06-2012, 08:39 AM
Yu Pontus

Pete for President
10-06-2012, 08:39 AM
Who says Sin looks the same every time it gets reborn? For all we know it could have been something totally different the first few times around. Like a unicorn! After all, the Final Aeons that defeat it are different too, and Sin is built around them.

Speculation aside, the fact that Sin resides mostly in the ocean makes sense for it to be a whale. On the other hand, at some point it grows wings and has some sort of legs so out goes the theory.

Overall I'm really fond of Sins design. It feels like it could be a real creature. I need to play this game again!

Formalhaut
10-06-2012, 01:17 PM
From that image above, it looks scary as hell.

Christmas
10-06-2012, 04:20 PM
Who says Sin looks the same every time it gets reborn? For all we know it could have been something totally different the first few times around. Like a unicorn! After all, the Final Aeons that defeat it are different too, and Sin is built around them.

Speculation aside, the fact that Sin resides mostly in the ocean makes sense for it to be a whale. On the other hand, at some point it grows wings and has some sort of legs so out goes the theory.

Overall I'm really fond of Sins design. It feels like it could be a real creature. I need to play this game again!

Now I believe Sin might once be a bug. :(

Raistlin
10-07-2012, 06:38 PM

Rantz isn't the whale; that's Shorty. Rantz created the whale.

Gamblet
10-07-2012, 07:48 PM

Rantz isn't the whale; that's Shorty. Rantz created the whale.

My bad, my bad..

Shorty
10-07-2012, 09:59 PM
Actually, if we're being technical here, Nikki is responsible for the sin at hand.

ie, me.

Nebulance
10-08-2012, 01:09 PM

That brings up an interesting point -- do we think Sin looks like a whale because of Jecht's ability at Blitzball, a primarily underwater sport? Maybe Jecht's characteristics are built into the physical manifestation of Sin. Although this does seem implied when Jecht talks about how he's losing himself more and more as time goes on

James_Cub
11-18-2012, 09:07 AM
I agree that Sin may change its from based on the Final Aeon. The current Sin looks like a whale because of Jecht's connection with blitzball, an underwater sport. The wings would have then been added to represent Jecht Shot and how it is sort of aerodynamic and also to add to the awesomeness of the entire design. I always felt it looked kind of disgusting until I saw it out of the water in all its glory.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
11-18-2012, 09:35 AM
I'd like to see any goalie try and block the "Sublimely Magnificent Sin Shot Mark III".