PDA

View Full Version : The Justice League and the Avengers get into a fight

Pike
10-06-2012, 01:39 AM
Four on four to make things a little easier.

Who wins?

For the purpose of this discussion here's who we're talking about in this fight:

Justice League:
Superman
Batman
The Flash
Green Lantern

The Avengers:
Iron Man
Captain America
Hulk
Thor

Madame Adequate
10-06-2012, 01:41 AM
I think someone needs to make a movie about this.

Or just Iron Man vs. Bats.

Supes would obviously have an advantage, but then again he can't really do much to Thor or Hulk that they can't do right back to him. Other than that Avengers clearly win.

NeoCracker
10-06-2012, 01:51 AM
I dont' think Thor could beat Superman.

No one, however, can beat Hulk. (Well, depending. If we look at the Hulk from the new movies, he comes across as
having a limit to how strong he can get. Comic Hulk seems pretty damn unlimited.)

Of course if we are looking at current movies vs. eachother, it's a hard call as I've not seen the newest superman movie, and my knowledge is limited to the original few.

In which case I give the fight to Thor.

Bunny
10-06-2012, 01:53 AM
Superman is basically Jesus with laser eyes.

Madame Adequate
10-06-2012, 01:59 AM

Beat him outright no, but he is probably strong enough to have a shot at incapacitating Supes somehow, just as Hulk might be able to just bear hug him until the fight is over or something.

Jinx
10-06-2012, 02:06 AM
I'm going to say Justice League just to be contrary to the rest of EoFF. :colbert:

Jowy
10-06-2012, 02:20 AM
stan lee is going to die in the next five years and that breaks my heart more than you can imagine

seriously, the DC universe can go fuck itself. MARVEL FOR LIFE.

Slothy
10-06-2012, 03:23 AM
just as Hulk might be able to just bear hug him until the fight is over or something.

Hulk even going near Superman is generally a bad idea. Hulk can't fly, therefore, toss him into the sun. Fight over. If he grabs Superman and won't let go, fly him into the sun, supercharged Superman flies back and beats the rest of them.

I hate to say it, but there's almost no way The Avengers win this. Superman can make the Hulk a non-issue simply by virtue of being faster and being able to fly. He's also typically depicted as faster than Thor, particularly in movies, so Thor would have a rough time. Captain America could probably take Batman in a fight since he's a near equally skilled fighter with a physical advantage, but it assumes Batman is interested in a straight fight. He'd also never see the Flash coming and the Flash could pretty much take him down while almost simultaneously dismantling Tony's armour piece by piece before he even realizes anything's happened.

And hell, even Green Lantern could probably put up a reasonably good fight against any of them on his own, to say nothing of what happens when Thor finds himself alone and outnumbered because his other teammates just got knocked out of the fight in the first 2.7 seconds. Thor alone against Superman would have a tough fight. But against Superman, Flash, Batman and Green Lantern? Not really much of a contest there. I'll throw him a bone and assume he takes down Batman before he goes down, but that's about it.

And for the record, I am a bigger Marvel fan than a fan of DC, but they write some ridiculously overpowered characters. Now if we wanted to discuss Thanos vs. Darkseid then I think we might have an interesting match.

But really, any debate we have is moot when Galactus shows up and devours the planet they're all fighting on.

Del Murder
10-06-2012, 03:29 AM
Batman is the only liability for the JL in terms of powers, but he of course makes up for it in coolness. The rest are pretty invincible.

Thor is really the only one of the Avengers that could stand up to Flash/GL/Supes. But he couldn't beat all three. Supes would crush Iron Man in one second and flatten Cap in the next few seconds. Hulk would be more of an issue, but his bulk wouldn't keep up with Flash's speed and GL could easily create a cage to contain him.

If the Avengers included Silver Surfer instead of Iron Man then we're getting somewhere.

Slothy
10-06-2012, 04:11 AM
I've given it some more thought because I'm a complete nerd and that's what I do, and I've come up with an ideal sort of scenario where The Avengers might take this fight.

First, the fight has to take place on The Avengers' Earth. There is no speed force in their universe rendering the Flash powerless. That's one down.

Superman would pretty quickly realize that the Hulk is an almost uncontrollable threat to them and everyone around them so he immediately flies him into orbit and tosses him into the sun, or perhaps just into deep space. While this is happening, Cap makes sure the Avengers pull ahead by curb stomping Batman with his superior physical abilities.

With Superman occupied by dealing with the Hulk, Thor and Iron Man prove to be more than a match for Green Lantern, splitting his focus and, in Thor's case, outright overpowering him with his magical hammer. Superman returns to the fight to find his team incapacitated. Cap stands around being useless because he can't even see Superman moving while Thor holds him off. While they duke it out, Iron Man could maybe, through sheer luck/brain power/plot armour figure out Superman is fueled by the sun, deduce that light approximating that from a red star might depower him, and use his personal deus ex machina suit to cobble something together capable of sapping Supes powers.

Earth saved. Logic, common sense, and anything resembling real science destroyed. Avengers triumphant.

blackmage_nuke
10-06-2012, 04:34 AM
The Super Friends

NeoCracker
10-06-2012, 05:25 AM
Hulk has taken blows strong enough to destroy the planet and shrugged them off.

In the long run, he out powers superman.

Supes flight isn't an issue, as Hulks jumping distance when angry is beyond rediculous.

And by the point Superman would try to fly Hulk to the sun there is no way he could so much as hold on to Hulk.

This situation depends almost soley on which Hulk we go with using. Is it nigh unlimited power Hulk you see in a lot of the comics, or do we put a more tangible limit on his strength like seen in the movies?

NorthernChaosGod
10-06-2012, 06:19 AM
Hulk pretty much can stomp on anyone in any universe. Except Squirrel Girl.

There's no way Superman would ever even consider something drastic like throwing the Hulk into the sun soon enough in the fight for that to actually work. By the point Superman thought to do something to end it, the Hulk would be way too mad and just pulverize the entire DC universe. :p

Shorty
10-06-2012, 06:22 AM
Batman vs. Hulk, how can I choose :(

Mercen-X
10-06-2012, 06:25 AM
Superman tosses Hulk into the sun or just deep into space.
Captain America could probably take Batman in a straight fight, but Batman isn’t interested in such. Flash could pretty much dismantle Tony's armour piece by piece before he even realizes anything's happened.
The reason I like Nolan’s vision of Batman is because it’s flashy. I’m a big Marvel fan because they’re all about flash over substance. Unfortunately, flash can’t outmatch pure ability. Banner and Stark may be geniuses (Pym as well), but they’re intelligence is restricted to particular fields. Banner and Pym are physicists while Stark is an expert with technology. Cap’s right, Stark away from his armor is not a soldier, not even a fighter. Without some form of technology nearby, he’s out of the contest.

On The Avengers' Earth. No “speed force”. One down.
Batman quickly realizes the Hulk is the biggest threat and forces Superman to make the tough call and he then would toss Hulk into deep space. Cap curb stomps Batman.Problem: Batman has used wits to take down supers stronger, faster, and meaner than the cap.

Thor and Iron Man prove more than a match for Green Lantern, splitting his focus and, in Thor's case, outright overpowering him with his magical hammer.Depends on which Lantern we’re seeing. Hal Jordan and Kyle Rayner are more the types to be easily distracted thus having their focus easily split. However, John Stewart wouldn’t have this problem. On the other hand, ignoring a short attention span, Hal Jordan’s talent with the ring would allow him to quickly separate Thor from his hammer and then launch the Asgardian into space. He’d also be able to disable if not outright dismantle Stark’s armor.

While they duke it out, Iron Man could maybe, through sheer luck/brain power/plot armour figure out Superman is fueled by the sun, deduce that light approximating that from a red star might depower him, and use his personal deus ex machina suit to cobble something together capable of sapping Supes powers.
Earth saved. Logic, common sense, and anything resembling real science destroyed. Avengers triumphant.Absolutely. The only way the Avengers could beat the League is if Marvel bent the plot in their favor.

Pike
10-06-2012, 10:47 AM
I've given it some more thought because I'm a complete nerd and that's what I do, and I've come up with an ideal sort of scenario where The Avengers might take this fight.

First, the fight has to take place on The Avengers' Earth. There is no speed force in their universe rendering the Flash powerless. That's one down.

Superman would pretty quickly realize that the Hulk is an almost uncontrollable threat to them and everyone around them so he immediately flies him into orbit and tosses him into the sun, or perhaps just into deep space. While this is happening, Cap makes sure the Avengers pull ahead by curb stomping Batman with his superior physical abilities.

With Superman occupied by dealing with the Hulk, Thor and Iron Man prove to be more than a match for Green Lantern, splitting his focus and, in Thor's case, outright overpowering him with his magical hammer. Superman returns to the fight to find his team incapacitated. Cap stands around being useless because he can't even see Superman moving while Thor holds him off. While they duke it out, Iron Man could maybe, through sheer luck/brain power/plot armour figure out Superman is fueled by the sun, deduce that light approximating that from a red star might depower him, and use his personal deus ex machina suit to cobble something together capable of sapping Supes powers.

Earth saved. Logic, common sense, and anything resembling real science destroyed. Avengers triumphant.

I would pay so much money to watch this movie.

Shattered Dreamer
10-06-2012, 11:14 AM
I don't know why this is even a question worthy of conversation anymore. Notwithstanding the fact I am a much bigger Marvel fan then DC, the answer is Batman wins! Batman has a contingency plan for taking down all of his Justice League partners so don't you think if the two worlds collided that he would sit down & think of a logical way to defeat the Avengers? Batman wins!

Slothy
10-06-2012, 01:58 PM
Supes flight isn't an issue, as Hulks jumping distance when angry is beyond rediculous.

And by the point Superman would try to fly Hulk to the sun there is no way he could so much as hold on to Hulk.

The thing you're ignoring here is that the only character who is ever stated to be outright faster than Superman is the Flash, and they can both travel at speeds approaching, or perhaps even surpassing, the speed of light with relative ease. Hulk may be really strong, but Superman could fly him into orbit before he realizes he left the ground. Hulk just is not depicted as being that fast, and even most Marvel speedsters are depicted as being much slower than the Flash or Superman. How far and fast Hulk can jump, or how strong he is becomes irrelevant if he can't even see what he's trying to hit and can't keep his feet on the ground.

So yeah, even if we assume the stupidly powerful comic book Hulk I don't think he'd win because his power set is just wrong for fighting Superman if Superman actually uses his brain and doesn't pull "Death of Superman" strategy and try to punch him to death.

Problem: Batman has used wits to take down supers stronger, faster, and meaner than the cap.

True, but what most people frequently ignore is that not only is Cap stronger and faster than an ordinary human, even one with Batman's training, and will not get tired in a long fight, he's also a highly trained hand to hand combatant and a tactical genius with years of experience fighting in actual wars, as well as taking down super villains who are frequently stronger than him as well. If we were to assume they're both of equal tactical and combat skill, which I think is a fair assumption to make since determining who's better at what would be nearly impossible, Cap takes the fight and his odds increase the longer it goes on because Batman will fatigue. He won't.

Depends on which Lantern we’re seeing. Hal Jordan and Kyle Rayner are more the types to be easily distracted thus having their focus easily split. However, John Stewart wouldn’t have this problem. On the other hand, ignoring a short attention span, Hal Jordan’s talent with the ring would allow him to quickly separate Thor from his hammer and then launch the Asgardian into space. He’d also be able to disable if not outright dismantle Stark’s armor.

I disagree. Not only would they have to deal with fighting two people, but Tony can attack from multiple directions using the weapons in his suit. And I doubt Green Lantern could separate Thor from his hammer. He might get him away from it temporarily, but Thor can call the hammer to him, and even if Green Lantern gets it away, he won't be able to keep it away from him, especially since he won't initially know what it can do. And this is all assuming that Mjolnir couldn't smash his constructs which we simply don't know. But I don't think Green Lantern takes a fight with Thor alone since it's basically GL against the Marvel Superman. Adding Iron Man to the mix just swings the odds more in their favour, regardless of who is wearing the ring.

CimminyCricket
10-06-2012, 09:57 PM
TLDR; Thor's magical hammer would be an important weapon in this fight: Superman is weak to magic and two people on the Avengers are able to wield it: Thor and Captain America. Not to mention that Superman is also weak to green radiation, something that has been utilized by the JL in the fight against Superboy Prime. The Hulk is nothing more than a walking, smashing mass of green radiation. I konw that in the past during Marvel/DC face-offs this hasn't been touched, but whatever, I think it's a real thing.

That being said, the Hulk would probably lose his trout midfight and just break everyone.

Slothy
10-06-2012, 10:06 PM
TLDR; Thor's magical hammer would be an important weapon in this fight: Superman is weak to magic and two people on the Avengers are able to wield it: Thor and Captain America.

He's vulnerable to it in the sense that the energy field which protects him against a lot of stuff doesn't do much against it, but even without it he's still extremely durable. Besides that, it's up in the air whether the hammer would do much. It's magic is generally limited to things like letting Thor fly and summon lighting bolts, neither of which is actually going to do much to Superman. It doesn't directly attack him with any mystical energies generally.

Not to mention that Superman is also weak to green radiation, something that has been utilized by the JL in the fight against Superboy Prime. The Hulk is nothing more than a walking, smashing mass of green radiation.

He's weak against radiation produced by green kryptonite, not Gamma Rays. If Gamma Rays did anything to him he'd have issues with things like flying outside the Earth's magnetic field. And if the Hulk were actually giving off enough radiation to hurt anyone then this fight gets even easier to call: Superman or Green Lantern tosses him into space after Cap and Iron Man get a lethal dose of gamma rays. They then deal with Thor.

NeoCracker
10-06-2012, 11:28 PM
Quoted from another forum.

t's in the same issue where his breathing apparatus is broken, he's eventually overcome by the weapon he was shot in space to fight and taken aboard it's satellite.

An issue or two later, Bruce transforms into Hulk to fight the weapon inside the satellite. The fight spills out into space, mind you, he no longer has his breathing apparatus and ends on the Moon.

So, yes, Hulk can survive in space. How long? I don't know if there's a determined amount of time, but it seems he doesn't need to breathe in space, anymore. Didn't he also beat the Skrull Black Bolt on the moon, as well?

It came with a scan from a comic, where they were saying Hulks body would be able to adapt even in outer space.

So tossing him into space is, at best, a temporary solution.

Edit: Of course there is tossing him into the sun. Though really, I wonder if that would work? The amount of extreme enviroment Hulk is able to take without even being phased is rediculous.

So, it comes down to whether or not the sun equals instant death to Hulk. Otherwise that may not be enough.

Edit2: Hulk has, mind you, leapt off the planet before. If we go for the nigh invincible Hulk, with limitless power, if the sun can't kill him all that will happen is, eventually, he'd be mad enough to gain the strength to leap back to earth.

Mind you, this debate depends on how many of Hulks ridiculous stunts that he only pulls off every so often should be counted into his power here. :p

Slothy
10-07-2012, 01:53 AM

Tossing him into Space is only temporary in the sense that if he ever came into contact with another physical body he might be able to push off of it to eventually get back to Earth. But the chances of finding something with enough mass to slow him, let alone get him moving in the other direction, not to mention actually manage to hit a planet moving at more than 100,000 km/h around the sun is so remote that it's a non issue. For all intents and purposes he's removed from the fight for a while. Most likely years if not forever.

Edit: Of course there is tossing him into the sun. Though really, I wonder if that would work? The amount of extreme enviroment Hulk is able to take without even being phased is rediculous.

True, but by the time he reaches anything solid enough to push himself off of the temperature is probably over 1 million degrees and he's several hundred thousand km's inside the sun.

At the very least, it should hold him until they can find a nice black hole to toss him into.

NeoCracker
10-07-2012, 03:41 AM

Tossing him into Space is only temporary in the sense that if he ever came into contact with another physical body he might be able to push off of it to eventually get back to Earth. But the chances of finding something with enough mass to slow him, let alone get him moving in the other direction, not to mention actually manage to hit a planet moving at more than 100,000 km/h around the sun is so remote that it's a non issue. For all intents and purposes he's removed from the fight for a while. Most likely years if not forever.

True, but by the time he reaches anything solid enough to push himself off of the temperature is probably over 1 million degrees and he's several hundred thousand km's inside the sun.

At the very least, it should hold him until they can find a nice black hole to toss him into.

By the point they find a black hole it may be to late. :p

And if we go by typical Marvel Logic and plot, or DC for that matter, no way he'd be gone for years. 1 month at best. :p

So, it depends whether or not we put this fight on a time limit as to whether or not Hulk would win.

Mercen-X
10-07-2012, 07:41 AM
Well, what's the point of the fight to begin with? Presumably each is fighting in defense of their own universe as they are champions if not heroes. If getting rid of Hulk is the key to defeating the Avengers, his being gone for even a few hours would be enough for the League to knock down the Avengers and then leave, not caring whether the Hulk came back. If the Hulk showed up in the League universe to stir trouble, the entire League and even the Legion of Doom would work together possibly even with Darkseid to find a way to get rid of Hulk. Would Hulk's strength be enough to bust him out of the Phantom Zone?

Let's posit instead that one side or another is fighting for more ambitious purposes or that they're being controlled/manipulated into fighting. That side, by default, would lose eventually if not immediately.

Let's go back to a melee of Bats vs Cap. Cap may be a natural strategist, but he's still just a soldier. Bats understanding of psychology and human behavior due to apophenia inspired by multiple encounters with criminal minds including the chaotic Joker, the Scarecrow, and the Riddler means that he would play more of a mind game with Cap by luring him away from the rest of the group to someplace dark where he can hide while having a "nice conversation" with the Cap. He would tell him all about why he became the Batman and why he has more drive to win and in turn, Cap would regale him with his own traumas in the war. This is his downfall as Batman would then turn Cap's every word around to seem as though he's a horrible person and when he's at his lowest, Batman will drop him without much of a fight, the Cap having lost much of his will.

Now as the two are composed of heroes, there is no one single victory. After one side wins, there will always be a second fight wherein they'll lose. Then the third act will involve them discovering why they're at odds and working together blah blah blah.

NeoCracker
10-07-2012, 07:46 AM
Well, what's the point of the fight to begin with? Presumably each is fighting in defense of their own universe as they are champions if not heroes. If getting rid of Hulk is the key to defeating the Avengers, his being gone for even a few hours would be enough for the League to knock down the Avengers and then leave, not caring whether the Hulk came back. If the Hulk showed up in the League universe to stir trouble, the entire League and even the Legion of Doom would work together possibly even with Darkseid to find a way to get rid of Hulk. Would Hulk's strength be enough to bust him out of the Phantom Zone?

Let's posit instead that one side or another is fighting for more ambitious purposes or that they're being controlled/manipulated into fighting. That side, by default, would lose eventually if not immediately.

Let's go back to a melee of Bats vs Cap. Cap may be a natural strategist, but he's still just a soldier. Bats understanding of psychology and human behavior due to apophenia inspired by multiple encounters with criminal minds including the chaotic Joker, the Scarecrow, and the Riddler means that he would play more of a mind game with Cap by luring him away from the rest of the group to someplace dark where he can hide while having a "nice conversation" with the Cap. He would tell him all about why he became the Batman and why he has more drive to win and in turn, Cap would regale him with his own traumas in the war. This is his downfall as Batman would then turn Cap's every word around to seem as though he's a horrible person and when he's at his lowest, Batman will drop him without much of a fight, the Cap having lost much of his will.

Now as the two are composed of heroes, there is no one single victory. After one side wins, there will always be a second fight wherein they'll lose. Then the third act will involve them discovering why they're at odds and working together blah blah blah.

Well, if we are involving more then the 4 vs. 4 listed originally, Avengers win because Strange could just keep dragging back Hulk from space (From an undisclosed location), and being the 'Sorcer Supreme' he my well be able to keep superman down.

Playing by those rules the Space Trick wouldn't work on Hulk at all, nor would retreating back to their own dimension. ;P

Slothy
10-07-2012, 12:19 PM
And if we go by typical Marvel Logic and plot, or DC for that matter, no way he'd be gone for years. 1 month at best. :p

Maybe not a month. Depends on how attached they want Hulk to get with the new planet and people he meets and how angry they want him when he comes back. :D

Let's go back to a melee of Bats vs Cap. Cap may be a natural strategist, but he's still just a soldier.

That's kind of my point though, Cap isn't just a soldier just like he wasn't just some scrawny kid before the super soldier serum. And the idea of Cap giving up or losing the will to fight is somewhat ludicrous. We're talking about someone who had the balls to keep fighting and basically tell Thanos to get bent even after he had obtained the Infinity Gauntlet and all of the Infinity Gems. Sure he got his neck broken for his trouble, but the man didn't back down from an enemy who was essentially a god even though he knew he couldn't win.

Raistlin
10-07-2012, 08:52 PM
Marvel is generally superior to DC in every day, but DC heroes have some ridiculous powers. Hulk is pretty much invincible, but can easily be kept out of the picture by Superman or Green Lantern. Thor would be the only one with a chance to put up much of a fight. Batman and Flash could at least keep Captain America and Iron Man occupied while the rest are dealt with.

Quindiana Jones
10-07-2012, 09:25 PM
Batman wins!

Batman always wins.

NeoCracker
10-07-2012, 11:58 PM
Marvel is generally superior to DC in every day, but DC heroes have some ridiculous powers. Hulk is pretty much invincible, but can easily be kept out of the picture by Superman or Green Lantern. Thor would be the only one with a chance to put up much of a fight. Batman and Flash could at least keep Captain America and Iron Man occupied while the rest are dealt with.

Going with the new 52 continuity, Green Lanters creations with his ring are breakable. I'm not sure about prior to this, but this pretty much ensures his utter uselessness against Hulk.

NorthernChaosGod
10-08-2012, 12:06 AM

That is completely ridiculous. Cap is basically the last person in the Marvel universe that sort of thing would work on.

NeoCracker
10-08-2012, 12:09 AM

That is completely ridiculous. Cap is basically the last person in the Marvel universe that sort of thing would work on.

I don't like Cap, but pretty much this. :p

I still think Batman would win, if only because he's willing to fight a lot dirtier then caps.

Slothy
10-08-2012, 12:36 AM
Going with the new 52 continuity, Green Lanters creations with his ring are breakable. I'm not sure about prior to this, but this pretty much ensures his utter uselessness against Hulk.

Pretty sure they've always been breakable to some degree or another (Superboy Prime once smashed through a wall made by hundreds of Lanterns but seriously, fuck Superboy Prime). But I think he could easily get Hulk off the ground before he realized what he was dealing with.

NeoCracker
10-08-2012, 12:59 AM

Pretty sure they've always been breakable to some degree or another (Superboy Prime once smashed through a wall made by hundreds of Lanterns but seriously, fuck Superboy Prime). But I think he could easily get Hulk off the ground before he realized what he was dealing with.

Off the ground sure, far enough away to matter? No.

Superman sure, Hulk winning there would require some shenanagins.

But lantern? No way he could get him off the planet before Hulk smashes.

Slothy
10-08-2012, 02:02 AM
Off the ground sure, far enough away to matter? No.

Depends on how far he can throw him really. If Hulk has no ground beneath his feet and nothing to grab hold of he literally can't do anything.

Raistlin
10-08-2012, 02:06 AM
Yeah, I think a clever Green Lantern could pull enough shenanigans to keep throwing Hulk up in the air. He doesn't have to keep Hulk physically restrained to render him ineffective. And all he'd really have to do is help Superman get him out Earth's orbit. And then they could gang up on Thor.

We're such nerds.

NeoCracker
10-08-2012, 02:21 AM
Yeah, I think a clever Green Lantern could pull enough shenanigans to keep throwing Hulk up in the air. He doesn't have to keep Hulk physically restrained to render him ineffective. And all he'd really have to do is help Superman get him out Earth's orbit. And then they could gang up on Thor.

We're such nerds.

I give it to tosses into the air from Lantern until Hulk just claps really hard, which would probably stun at least Cap and Lantern for a few moments. :p

Edit: Actually, taking Thunderclap into consideration, even if Superman manages to drag hulk into space, Hulk would only need a moment to clap. Wouldn't that give him enough time to grap Superman and bear hug him to death?

Perhaps this would, essentially, remove them both from the fight?

Because of hulks size, I'm not sure if Superman could actually restrain both his arms and prevent him from clapping. Get him to space sure, but pervent him from clapping? or pounding his chest really hard?

And is Thunderclap usable in space?

Mercen-X
10-08-2012, 02:42 AM
Batman will drop him without much of a fight, the Cap having lost much of his will.

Reverse psychology works on everyone, particularly at Batman's level. Like I said though, there would be a second round where Cap returns all fresh with new reinforced resolve like any other superhero who has ever had some weakness exploited only to come back with some shield or new immunity that allows them to take 10 levels in badass.

Hal Jordan has used his ring to create a gatling gun on the what's-his-name Oan. I'm pretty sure he could create a cannon to launch Hulk off the face of the Earth. Or at least across the ocean onto the next continent. Hulk doesn't have enough anger or resolve for just a single fight to jump back in less than 24 hours.

NeoCracker
10-08-2012, 03:51 AM
Batman will drop him without much of a fight, the Cap having lost much of his will.

Reverse psychology works on everyone, particularly at Batman's level. Like I said though, there would be a second round where Cap returns all fresh with new reinforced resolve like any other superhero who has ever had some weakness exploited only to come back with some shield or new immunity that allows them to take 10 levels in badass.

Hal Jordan has used his ring to create a gatling gun on the what's-his-name Oan. I'm pretty sure he could create a cannon to launch Hulk off the face of the Earth. Or at least across the ocean onto the next continent. Hulk doesn't have enough anger or resolve for just a single fight to jump back in less than 24 hours.

...He got launched in a fucking cannon. Yes he does. :p

And he would need to be first loaded into a cannon and launched before he could break it.

Raistlin
10-08-2012, 03:52 AM

No, because there's no air for the sound to move on. :p Which is why I said, Hulk would only need to be distracted for a moment for Superman to get him into space, or Lantern could just launch him with a big ass green hand. Then he could just be left there.

This is nothing against the Marvel heroes, who I generally prefer. Superman is just basically the classic, boring demigod, so any team with him has an advantage. Though if you brought, say, Silver Surfer (or some other fast, flying space breather) into the mix, the Marvel team might even be favored.

NeoCracker
10-08-2012, 04:20 AM

No, because there's no air for the sound to move on. :p Which is why I said, Hulk would only need to be distracted for a moment for Superman to get him into space, or Lantern could just launch him with a big ass green hand. Then he could just be left there.

This is nothing against the Marvel heroes, who I generally prefer. Superman is just basically the classic, boring demigod, so any team with him has an advantage. Though if you brought, say, Silver Surfer (or some other fast, flying space breather) into the mix, the Marvel team might even be favored.

Thunderclap uses a shockwave though, not so much sound. Of course, I'm not entirely sure this would make much of a difference. My knowledge of Shockwaves is limited.

Though something we seem to be forgetting here is not so much Hulk, as Banner.

In the early days of the first Hulk comic series, "massive" doses of gamma rays (such as from the explosion of a hand-held nuclear grenade) would cause the Hulk to transform back to Bruce Banner, although this ability was written out of the character by the 1970s.

As Bruce Banner, he is considered one of the greatest minds on Earth. He has developed expertise in the fields of biology, chemistry, engineering, and physiology, and holds a Ph.D. in nuclear physics. He possesses "a mind so brilliant it cannot be measured on any known intelligence test."[68] Bruce Banner also makes use of his intelligence to create highly advanced technology labelled as "Bannertech", which is on par with technological development from Tony Stark or Doctor Doom. The most common Bannertech Bruce uses is a force field able to shrug off blows from Hulk-level entities, along with a teleporter, which can be used to transport an unknown number of people. Bannertech is also used by Amadeus Cho, as well as the Hulk persona itself.

Couldn't we, feasibly, have a Hulk capable of Teleporting back to Earth Regardless? :p

Edit: For the record, I like neither Hulk nor Superman. The New Hulk movie being the exception here. :p

snacks
10-13-2012, 07:59 PM

Yeah I think it's breakable, also Hal is SO annoying in the new 52.

Anyways, I'm not sure but I think Thor's "magic ???" would cancel out Superman's. Isn't Superman bad against magic? I can't remember.

Hulk would smash.

Mercen-X
10-15-2012, 12:44 AM
Mentioned: Versions of Hulk strong enough to destroy whole planets.
Not Mentioned: Versions of Superman that are immune to Kryptonite and do not require the yellow sun to function at superhuman capacity.

Hollycat
10-15-2012, 12:55 AM

No one, however, can beat Hulk. (Well, depending. If we look at the Hulk from the new movies, he comes across as
having a limit to how strong he can get. Comic Hulk seems pretty damn unlimited.)

Of course if we are looking at current movies vs. eachother, it's a hard call as I've not seen the newest superman movie, and my knowledge is limited to the original few.

I read a book a long time ago about the hulk based in the facts in the comics, and if I'm remembering correctly, he has always had a limit, and I think it was like 20 tons or something of force, he was definitely listed as weaker and lighter than abomination. I don't like DC, (except batman) but superman would definitely win here. Take out him and Iron man and you would definitely have a much more even fight. Now, if you want to keep Superman in and make it pretty even, take out CA, and add in Gilgamesh or Quasar.
Gilgamesh is immortal and stronger than the hulk, and Quasar is basically halfway between superman and green lantern

NorthernChaosGod
10-15-2012, 02:35 AM
Not Mentioned: Versions of Superman that are immune to Kryptonite and do not require the yellow sun to function at superhuman capacity.

That's just fucking cheating. He's already the most overpowered superhero in existence. :colbert:

Quindiana Jones
10-15-2012, 03:23 AM
Bear in mind that wherever Superman is, there's roughly twelve times as much Kryptonite as there is air.

Mirage
10-15-2012, 05:04 AM
Is kryptonite banned?

If no, whichever team superman is on, cause he's just stupidly overpowered.

NeoCracker
10-15-2012, 05:39 AM

I read a book a long time ago about the hulk based in the facts in the comics, and if I'm remembering correctly, he has always had a limit, and I think it was like 20 tons or something of force, he was definitely listed as weaker and lighter than abomination. I don't like DC, (except batman) but superman would definitely win here. Take out him and Iron man and you would definitely have a much more even fight. Now, if you want to keep Superman in and make it pretty even, take out CA, and add in Gilgamesh or Quasar.
Gilgamesh is immortal and stronger than the hulk, and Quasar is basically halfway between superman and green lantern

The premise of 'facts' is hard to judge due to the radical differences from writer to writer.

For example, we've had Deathstroke defeat a group of 5 JLA members, including Green Lantern, in fight in which he had no prep time.

He was later beaten in a one on one fight with Green Arrow. :p

Goldenboko
10-15-2012, 02:46 PM
Moral of this thread: Superman is OP.

Hollycat
10-15-2012, 03:12 PM

The premise of 'facts' is hard to judge due to the radical differences from writer to writer.

For example, we've had Deathstroke defeat a group of 5 JLA members, including Green Lantern, in fight in which he had no prep time.

Really? Geeze.
Now that you mention it, there are like twenty versions of each of the heroes aren't there? And they all have different strengths and limits.

Anyone have a link to the planet destroying hulk? I haven't seen that one before.

NorthernChaosGod
10-15-2012, 03:59 PM

Really? Geeze.
Now that you mention it, there are like twenty versions of each of the heroes aren't there? And they all have different strengths and limits.

Anyone have a link to the planet destroying hulk? I haven't seen that one before.

I don't know exactly what everyone may be referring to, but in this storyline he kicks the shit out of a whole bunch of people.
World War Hulk - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_War_Hulk)

Mercen-X
10-22-2012, 03:25 AM

That's just fucking cheating. He's already the most overpowered superhero in existence. :colbert:

Pot : Kettle

Basically, the other members of Team Justice and Team Avenge will all be dead and Superman and Hulk will be deadlocked. If Superman didn't have the sense to fly Hulk off-planet, they'd destroy Earth centuries before they managed to hurt one another.

Pike
10-22-2012, 10:33 AM
Just Superman vs. Hulk would be a great fight.

Hollycat
10-22-2012, 03:05 PM
Just Superman vs. Hulk would be a great fight.

Superman would just thow Hulk into space. Way too one sided. A much more even fight would be Quasar versus Superman. One is an unstoppable force, the other can create unmovable shields Can you say best physics phenomena ever?

Mercen-X
10-23-2012, 02:13 AM
To make a fight between the Justice League and the Avengers more dynamic, we'd have to replace Superman and Hulk with other important members. Hulk on the Avengers is pretty much the main loner, he could be replaced with Wolverine. On the JL, Supes is pretty much the team leader, without him, we need another with the same ability to inspire and command, Wonder Woman technically could, but she's primarily depicted as a feminist which would make it difficult for her to inspire her three male comrades, but she's already on the team so that point's moot. Steel is pretty much the DC version of Iron Man and, having himself been inspired by Superman, it wouldn't be much of a stretch to supplant the man-in-blue-tights with the man-in-stainless-steel-armor.

Del Murder
10-23-2012, 03:43 AM
I think in the first Marvel vs. DC series it was Superman vs. Hulk and Supes won. However, that book also had Batman defeat Captain America so who knows how that works.

NeoCracker
10-23-2012, 04:43 AM
I think in the first Marvel vs. DC series it was Superman vs. Hulk and Supes won. However, that book also had Batman defeat Captain America so who knows how that works.

Captain American is the peak of Human ability.

Batman has beaten Bane. :p

Mercen-X
10-23-2012, 04:51 AM
Bear in mind that in most depictions, Bane is an idiot.

NeoCracker
10-23-2012, 04:52 AM
Bear in mind that in most depictions, Bane is an idiot.

Well fine, he beat the tactically apt Bane. Satisfied? :p

NorthernChaosGod
10-23-2012, 06:30 AM

Pot : Kettle

Basically, the other members of Team Justice and Team Avenge will all be dead and Superman and Hulk will be deadlocked. If Superman didn't have the sense to fly Hulk off-planet, they'd destroy Earth centuries before they managed to hurt one another.

Hulk is just really, really strong. :colbert:

Flaming Ice
10-23-2012, 06:39 AM
X-Men win.