PDA

View Full Version : Wrong Numbers and Weird Mis-Texts

Pike
10-07-2012, 01:58 AM
A few years back I got a random text message that was something along the lines of "Hey I'm really sorry, I still love you, can we give it another chance?"

Some poor soul was trying to reach someone who obviously wasn't me and it didn't get through!

I wonder what happened to them sometimes.

Have you ever gotten a weird mis-text or wrong number?

Agent Proto
10-07-2012, 02:10 AM
Yep! I remember this one time some random girl called my phone. It was obviously a wrong number, the girl sounded like she was in some kind of hurry and was telling me to come pick her up. I played along with her for awhile to mess with her, saying. "Yeah, sure. Where are you?" And she responded back with "You know where I am! Come pick me up!"

I think it ended on a poor note though, since I never really told her she called the wrong number.

Faris
10-07-2012, 02:22 AM
It was either on my dad's phone or mine, but there was about 10 texts and just as many missed calls around 2am from someone asking the other to let them in with their kid. The number wasn't even from the same area code as mine, which didn't make sense. Oh well!

Bunny
10-07-2012, 04:48 AM
About once or twice a month I get a call from some Mexican lady looking for her son.

I should probably change my number so it isn't from San Diego anymore.

Once I got a wrong number and when I told the person they refused to believe me. I had to hang up on them.

Clo
10-07-2012, 04:51 AM
A couple years ago, someone who was clearly a teenage girl texted me and asked if she could stay over at her friend's house that night. She thought I was her mom! I texted, "yes have fun"

I hope she didn't get in too much trouble.

Shorty
10-07-2012, 06:10 AM
I got a text from mikeface once that was clearly directed at SaraFujiko :3

It melted my heart :3

Tigmafuzz
10-07-2012, 07:25 AM
I met a lady the other day whose number was apparently once owned by some whore. She gets calls from random men in the middle of the night asking to be "taken care of" and also said that she got a call from prison the other day and was told somebody named Josh was passing her "nudez" around to other inmates on that cellblock.

...My name is Josh. :freak:

Jiro
10-07-2012, 09:57 AM
I repeatedly received text messages from a NSW number informing me the motorcycle was ready to be picked up. I received the last one roughly 3 months after the original one; they must really not have wanted to pick up their bike.

I got another message from someone wishing another person well. I forget the details but it basically said something about their father being ill and wishing them all the best. I think I responded to that one to let them know they had the wrong number.

Also while at Pike's I got a message telling me to watch a youtube video. It started with "yo j diddy" which was incredibly weird.

There's undoubtedly more but I forget them.

Christmas
10-07-2012, 10:38 AM
So it all started when this guy called me and asked me "What's your favorite scary movie?" and started murdering the people around me. I realized it must be the doing of a powerful sith lord.:vader:

So I gathered a party of white mage, black mage, fighter and a Quina to destroy this evil sith lord. We walked the yellow brick road and finally reached his evil lair. :bigsmile:

THE EVIL SITH LORD!!

After a fierce battle, we emerged victorious and looted his iphone and samsung galaxy. Being the only people in the world to possess such advanced smartphones. :bigsmile:

Except Quina, he/she ate them all, including the body of the sith lord. :|

But not his tongue, it is a custom among the Qu's tribe not to eat the tongue.:quina:

Rantz
10-07-2012, 10:44 AM
In my mid-teens I got a mistext that led to a decently long and rather flirty text conversation with the girl who sent it. Then we exchanged pictures. Then she stopped texting me. Still hurts :cry:

The weirdest mistext I got was one that just read "the mop is ready".

Christmas
10-07-2012, 10:55 AM
It was me that texted. :bigsmile:

Chris
10-07-2012, 11:59 AM
My number is not available for anyone but my friends. :colbert:

Iceglow
10-07-2012, 12:43 PM
I've had a few funny wrong numbers or mis-sent texts.

I once received the nude pic one of my friends had meant to send her boyfriend who I didn't know very well but was also named Steve, she realized her mistake pretty much instantly, I replied to the message with "Sorry for what? This shit is great! Got any more?" I received a lot from her it made going out drinking interesting when I realized I'd gotten further with her than her actual boyfriend. They didn't last long... wonder why :bigsmile:

I got called up by some man demanding to know where his wife was. I was accused of fucking with his wife so much so that after my initial "what the fuck are you on about?" I actually went along with it and told him how I'd bent his wife over just about every piece of furniture going. He probably got himself arrested for something afterwards.

I also once got the message a girlfriend of mine meant to send to the guy she was cheating on me with, she had the audacity to try and convince me that nothing was going on. I literally laughed in her face.

Shiny
10-07-2012, 06:28 PM
Yeah, I got a text from some guy looking for someone, but I texted back that you have the wrong number. They proceeded to try to still have a conversation with me even though I was like, "k bye" which is a conversation ender. Then he was like, "Oh where are you from? Do you live around here?" He proceeded to harass me for about a week until my dad called him and threatened him. No surprise that the texts stopped shortly after.

I've sent texts to my dad accidentally that I meant for my bf. Luckily I never send anything raunchy over texts so it was all good.

Raistlin
10-07-2012, 07:18 PM
I get some random wrong numbers occasionally, but nothing too memorable. No funny mistexts that I can remember. What I actually get a ton of are wrong emails, oddly enough. I consistently get roped into some random group's event planning conversations.

Mercen-X
10-07-2012, 09:01 PM
For about a year 1/2, I got misdialed texts and occasionally a call from people trying to reach some chick. The voices were random, sometimes guys, sometimes girls, sometimes they were looking for Jason or Tom... how many people had this number before me? It's only now I start to wonder if half of those people intentionally called a seemingly random number on purpose just to dick around.

One text I responded to with, "wrong number" and the texter continued to text me for about a month. Sometimes they'd be talking shi or asking questions that weren't personal. My responses were short and always followed with "seriously, still the wrong number." They must have finally found out what the person's actual number was as I eventually stopped hearing from them. I still occasionally get texts from random numbers talking about a party in the area or meetup or whatever. "You doing anything. You want to come over and get high?" "What's up? We got some good stuff. Come over and party." "Party's at Jeff's. Starts at 8"

A couple of times I've been called by guys who sounded very very high "Dude, uh, is Kelly there?" "Sorry, you've got the wrong number." Click. "Yeah, there's no need to apologize or at least acknoledge my voice with an 'Oh' or 'okay' or whatever."
I got a couple of calls from at least one man and one woman each looking for someone while either speaking spanish or just having a spanish accent that made it difficult to understand their Anglis.

Jinx
10-07-2012, 09:14 PM
Clo's story is the best.