PDA

View Full Version : VIDEO GAME CONCERTS!

Goldenboko
10-07-2012, 05:19 AM
Video Game Orchestra at Boston Symphony. (http://www.bso.org/Performance/Detail/46594/)

Super, suuuuuper pumped. They're gonna play KH, FF, and Chrono trigger.

Jiro
10-07-2012, 11:56 AM
Oh man, that's gonna be sweet.

Raistlin
10-07-2012, 08:53 PM
That is really cool, and that featured performers list is awesome. I'm jealous!

Goldenboko
10-08-2012, 08:59 PM
This show was absolutely amazing, I'm now switching this topic to "discuss video game concerts" because of how awesome it was. I'm going to post a picture of the program later because the music they played.

Thoughts:
I highly recommend VGO (Video Game Orchestra) to anyone it is close by to.
1. Metal Gear Solid Snake Eater - Seeing this performed live was incredible. I already loved the song, but the woman singing, oh la la, the hips! It was much funkier than I expected, and the horns absolutely filled the room! They mashed the song up with the Theme of Metal Gear 3, which was just awesome. The guitarist who had nothing to do at the end just started saluting Naked Snake Style. :heart:
2. Crono Trigger Theme - The solo violinist they had for this was stunning. Not only was he amazing at his instrument but the man was clearly a performer. He'd frequently do spins and trout. It was awesome on top of an already awesome theme.
FFVII Compliation - There is so much to be said here, but just wait until you see the songs they played when I post the picture of the program. They perfectly transitioned Aerith's Theme to the Chocobo Theme, also had an epic drum transition but I forget which songs it was between. One Winged Angel was impressively loud. You don't realize how cool that song will be when it's straight drums and violins making the background "BUM BUM BUM BUM".
3. The Encore - It was Still Alive. 'nough said. Perfect way to end a concert.

I have two videos (one embarrassing one where I'm singing along with Still Alive) that I might post with proper requests!

Shauna
10-08-2012, 11:22 PM
These sort of things don't ever seem to hit this side of the big pond, and if they do they only go to London. So I am forever jealous of all the things. :(