PDA

View Full Version : Am I open-minded or do I need psyche-meds?

Mercen-X
10-07-2012, 07:45 AM
Am I the only one who thinks that Death Race (Jason Statham) could have a natural progression into Twisted Metal territory?

Mercen-X
10-08-2012, 06:57 PM
Well... I guess it's the latter.

Seriously though, Death Race bore all the necessary elements: practically indestructable cars heavily modded for combat, big guns, death traps, reload points, iconic characters, and even a big badass monster similar to Darkside. Not only could a sequel turn into a Twisted Metal movie, it could make Frankenstein a new addition to the cast of the Twisted Metal game. At one point, I was even writing up a storyline for how either Jensen Ames or Machine Gun Joe could be dragged into another bout of "car gladiator" games. Frankly, I think the race system makes more sense than the straight up gladiator style anyway since there has always been a limited number of characters so the fights don't last long and the characters are constantly revived within the same battle which realistically doesn't make any sense.

krissy
10-08-2012, 07:01 PM
when i was younger i'd make up stories about the racers in wipeout
there were a lot of really hot ladies in leather racing outfits
and lots of making out
it was pretty much days of thunder but in the future and with rockets

Mercen-X
10-08-2012, 11:13 PM
I wonder if anyone would consider making an animated series out of that. Or Jet Moto. Or Hydro Thunder.

krissy
10-08-2012, 11:22 PM
that'd be cool
anyway i haven't seen death race
but i dunno how well twisted metal would fare as a movie
i suppose it's the equivalent of a vehicular fighting game, and mortal kombat wasn't altogether a terrible film
but i dunno if there's any other fighting game movies that turned out ok (and weren't cg)