PDA

View Full Version : Crystarium ATB segments

blackmage_nuke
10-07-2012, 08:40 AM
Im at the point where I can level up any character on any Class which leaves me indecsive of where to put my cp, so im just wondering which class the extra ATB segments are on for each Character. All i get from google is that it's on their "Main" class but that doesnt help me since I'd consider medic to be Hope's main class and here (http://strategywiki.org/wiki/Final_Fantasy_XIII/Crystarium) it says it's on his synergist grid. Also that site had no info for vanille and Snow

No spoilers please!

Shauna
10-07-2012, 12:06 PM
Stick to the classes you were doing before all of them opened up - one of those is the "main class". You've probably already started on all of those anyway, might as well continue opening them up. I don't remember for certain where they all are, but this narrows it all down slightly? :p

Formalhaut
10-07-2012, 02:08 PM
Each character has their primary and secondary roles, and each character's primaries are:

Lightning - Commando, Ravager, Medic (Though she's not very good at it)
Snow - Commando, Ravager, Sentinel
Hope - Ravager, Synergist, Medic
Sazh - Commando, Ravager (Not the greatest), Synergist
Fang - Commando, Sentinel, Saboteur
Vanille - Ravager, Saboteur, Medic

Each character's ATB upgrade is on one of their primaries, never on their secondaries. As to the placement of their ATB, at the point of the game your at, your either at Stage Seven, or Stage Eight. You'll get stage Eight soon enough, which is where the ATB upgrades are.

Lightning - I believe it's her Commando
Snow - Unsurprisingly, it's the Sentinel
Hope - It's his Synergist branch
Sazh - It's the same as Hope, Synergist
Fang - It's her Commando
Vanille - Her Medic path

When you unlock Stage Eight, trying to obtain their ATB segments is useful as it helps gameplay so much more with five bars. In general, when you unlock their secondaries, try to focus on the primaries more, because the CP cost is so much cheaper for the bonuses you obtain for them. Only try and level up their primaries if any abilities they have on that tree is nearby, or they desperately need it. Fang's ravager path is one example; if you had her in your party, you could not use tri - disaster which is annoying as building up chain was harder. Obtain her first two or so magic abilities, and now Fang can at least participate in chain building. Try researching more about what to do now that all six roles are available.

Jiro
10-08-2012, 06:39 AM
One of the menu screens within the Crystarium actually lists how many of each node there are and have been activated. I don't know how deep you have to go, but if nothing else, trial and error will yield the answer.