PDA

View Full Version : Any idea when this game might head across to NA and Europe?

Formalhaut
10-07-2012, 02:10 PM
Well, this game looks amazing, and quite interesting with a cast of playable characters so large it reminds me of Final Fantasy VI.

Annoyingly, so far it's Japan only. Is there any indication of a release outside of Asia?

Del Murder
10-07-2012, 05:50 PM
Not that I know of.

Formalhaut
10-07-2012, 06:34 PM
*Groan*

I don't like the Japanese hoarding all of these good games! It's the same with the "International" versions of Final Fantasy as well. I'd quite enjoy the job system in XII!

Roogle
10-07-2012, 08:37 PM
It may not see release in its current form in North America as it is a Playstation Portable game. I think most marketing is going into the Playstation Vita and they are trying to figure out what they want to do with that. Are new PSP games still coming out?

Formalhaut
10-07-2012, 11:20 PM
I don't actually own a PSP or PS Vita. I hope they port it to a console or at the very least the 3DS... It looks like such a great game! I'm sick of re-playing my old Final Fantasy games, I want some fresh meat!

ShinGundam
10-07-2012, 11:26 PM
It may not see release in its current form in North America as it is a Playstation Portable game. I think most marketing is going into the Playstation Vita and they are trying to figure out what they want to do with that. Are new PSP games still coming out?
Yes, Ragnarok tactics and few new Japan-only games.

Wolf Kanno
10-08-2012, 06:01 AM
The Ultimania for the game had the director mentioned they were working on the Western release, in an interview but SE never followed that up with an official statement and considering the quick turn around for translations in the industry, it should have been at least announced by now, which means the project is on hold for something, most likely waiting for the Vita's market to get bigger.

Fynn
10-18-2012, 04:04 PM
I don't get this. Why can't they release it on the PSP here? That way the system could go out with a bang, and they would still get a lot of money out of it... This is just so stupid! I want to play the damn game! :mad2:

Wolf Kanno
10-18-2012, 05:56 PM
Probably because Sony and SE see the PSP as being dead and think the market is more interested in the shiny new tech that got released. This is one of those reasons why I kind of hate it when Game Studios decide to release a game on a dying system along with it's successor. I remember the bitching and moaning about the Twilight Princess debacle and SE is pretty much doing the same thing with DQX seeing how the Wii version is already out and SE has made no announcement for a release on the system outside of Japan, likely cause the Wii U version is what they are banking on. Though this move makes more sense since the Wii is considered a children's chew toy by most Western fans and they may be banking on the WiiU to lure more avid gamers (or perhaps Nintendo is Hoping DQX will do this for the Wii U) whereas the PSP already has a pretty good established base for SE due to Crisis Core, Dissidia, and Birth by Sleep.

The demo was pretty fun, combat is a bit basic compared to KH but a lot of other elements of the game were pretty cool. It definitely gave off a PS1 vibe to me.

Formalhaut
10-18-2012, 06:29 PM
If anything, I want to play it for it's music, I absolutely love "We have arrived". As a song, it really gets you going. I do think as a game though, it is distinctly Japanese; hell the stereotype "Japanese schoolgirl" very much applies to many of the characters.

ShinGundam
10-19-2012, 04:29 PM
The demo was pretty fun, combat is a bit basic compared to KH but a lot of other elements of the game were pretty cool. It definitely gave off a PS1 vibe to me.
Combat is close to an Onimusha game but without blocking system than a KH game.

Del Murder
10-19-2012, 06:51 PM
I saw activity in this thread and thought a release was announced. :(

cat121212
10-19-2012, 11:05 PM
I hope this gets released for the PS Vita soon, because I'm starting to get just a tad impatient here :cry: