PDA

View Full Version : I can't believe I did that!

Shauna
10-07-2012, 03:55 PM
Mr Shauna was playing through FFIX not too long ago, and was determined to get all the Tetra Master cards. He was doing pretty well, and was almost finished the game when he checked up on the collection - he was missing one, the Namingway Card. So he looked up where he would get this card. At two specific points in the game, and he'd missed them. So much anger that day.

He made up for it by getting one of every card in Triple Triad.

But, what stupid things like this have you done when playing FFs?

Fynn
10-07-2012, 04:04 PM
Have I ever told you how, when starting FFXII, I kept casting Libra on monsters? As in, not on myself? As I should have been doing? When I found out I was doing it wrong I did this:

Formalhaut
10-07-2012, 04:23 PM
Probably the most annoying thing is during Final Fantasy XII and levelling with my good friend, Dustia.

Now, your health has to be below 10%, which during that period of the game, is troublesome enough. You have to hit yourself until that happens, and sometimes Vaan chain hits himself, which is dangerous. Normally, I'd change weapons to stop the chain, however this needs fast reflexes, and doing this over and over...

Well, suffice to say, Vaan accidently conducted a seppuku ritual on himself...

http://fotozup.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/facepalm06.jpg

Fynn
10-07-2012, 04:30 PM
and sometimes Vaan chain hits himself

Wha-... I... How does that even happen?! :eek:

Formalhaut
10-07-2012, 04:44 PM
Well, with his crappy sword, Vaan can still chain himself, probably by about 2 or (very unlucky) 3 hits. Given his low health, and the general risk involved, it's very easy to accidentally kill himself. Which is why you need good menu opening skills to quickly unequip once again.

I know, power leveling in XII is messed up slightly! Level 90 before the palace? Vaan could've overthrown the empire himself.

Gamblet
10-07-2012, 07:46 PM
When I played FFV for the first time, I thought that the ultimate armor is the Bone Mail without knowing its effects, I used that armor throughout the game and I sometimes wondered why Faris is a zombie and can't be healed. Then I started thinking that Faris some kind of an undead pirate and I got confused with the story.

*tetra facepalm*

Raistlin
10-07-2012, 09:00 PM
The first time I played FF7, it took me forever to get up the golden shiny wire of hope wall to the Shinra HQ. I had trouble following those damn wires.

My major *facepalm* moments all involved non-FF games, though.

Jinx
10-07-2012, 09:19 PM
I forgot to get the coffee. :(

Chris
10-07-2012, 09:28 PM
When I played FFV for the first time, I thought that the ultimate armor is the Bone Mail without knowing its effects, I used that armor throughout the game and I sometimes wondered why Faris is a zombie and can't be healed. Then I started thinking that Faris some kind of an undead pirate and I got confused with the story.

This, actually. I did the exact same thing with the EXACT same character. :D

Also, I still get lost in the whole running-up/down-the-stairs thing in FVIII. :whimper:

Formalhaut
10-07-2012, 11:17 PM
The first time I played FF7, it took me forever to get up the golden shiny wire of hope wall to the Shinra HQ. I had trouble following those damn wires.

My major *facepalm* moments all involved non-FF games, though.

Oh god that annoyed the heck out of me. Not to mention trying to get 5000 points in the Speed Square to obtain the Umbrella. Me and my game are still not on speaking terms..

Wolf Kanno
10-08-2012, 05:27 AM
I've had several:

The first time I played FFVI was my first time playing a turn based RPG, my friend lent me the game and no manual or guide, so I kept pressing buttons in battle hoping for something to do and wouldn't realize until a year later when I tried to play it again, that I was confirming a command and then backing out and canceling the commands...

When I played FFVII for the first time, I got lost a lot because I wasn't used to the whole psuedo-3D and the pre-rendered backgrounds so I would often mistake cave openings for being part of the wall and walk past exits. I was lost for awhile on Mt. Nibel and especially the Ice Cavern so by the time I got the Highwind, I was already Lv. 70.

I learned that acquiring the Hammer item, slightly alters the games ending in FFIX so on my last playthrough, I made it a priority to acquire it, then I reached Hades and was playing around with his Synth shop and noticed the uber powerful Tin Armor, made it, and saved before I realized that one of the ingredients was the rare Hammer item I got specifically for the ending.

Fynn
10-08-2012, 05:36 AM
I learned that acquiring the Hammer item, slightly alters the games ending in FFIX so on my last playthrough, I made it a priority to acquire it, then I reached Hades and was playing around with his Synth shop and noticed the uber powerful Tin Armor, made it, and saved before I realized that one of the ingredients was the rare Hammer item I got specifically for the ending.

Now THAT deserves an epic facepalm ;) I think I did something similar, but can't remember what game it was. So I know that feel, bro.

Gamblet
10-08-2012, 02:08 PM
I think I did something similar, but can't remember what game it was. So I know that feel, bro.

Bubba
10-08-2012, 02:16 PM
FVII first boss. "Attack when it's tails up!"

I did, then died.

Gamblet
10-08-2012, 02:18 PM

I did, then died.

I did, but I survived!

Jinx
10-08-2012, 02:23 PM

I did, then died.

I did, then died.

I did, but I survived!

See, they forgot a few words. It IS "Attack when its tails up" (new box) "it's gonna counterattack!"

They forgot to put in an "If" and an "and."

:jess:

Bubba
10-08-2012, 02:58 PM

I did, then died.

I did, then died.

I did, but I survived!

See, they forgot a few words. It IS "Attack when its tails up" (new box) "it's gonna counterattack!"

In my defence, I was fifteen and had zero experience in RPGs. Though I should probably have figured out that this tactic wasn't working...

Wolf Kanno
10-08-2012, 06:53 PM
I lucked out, because the fight was a repeat of the Whelk battle from FFVI, so I figured something was wrong with Barret's "advice".

Gamblet
10-08-2012, 11:57 PM

I did, then died.

I did, then died.

I did, but I survived!

In my defence, I was fifteen and had zero experience in RPGs. Though I should probably have figured out that this tactic wasn't working...

I was thirteen, and it was the FF I played last. :lol:

black orb
10-21-2012, 06:52 AM
>>> Play and complete FF13.. I can't believe I did that!..:luca:

MTKO
10-30-2012, 03:13 AM
While not technically part of in-game play, this is still fairly facepalm worthy. During my third play through of FFX, I tried to do a %100 completion run (as close as you can possibly get to it). After maxing out all my stats and doing various other tedious tasks, including getting very close to the max amount of gil, I wanted to start a new file to play through for fun. Well... I ended up saving over nearly 250+ hours of my hard work. I remember my jaw dropped, I turned off my ps2 and didn't play that game for over a year. I have no idea what I was thinking when I went to save, but I try to always make 2 save files on games now :D

Flaming Ice
10-30-2012, 04:42 AM
FF-2

For some reason I missed talking to Minwu (for the canoe) so I didn't know what to do....I raised my characters up until I could get to where the dreadnaught lands...

Karifean
10-30-2012, 12:56 PM
In my first playthrough of FFX-2 I played through the entire game with the standard dress spheres because I was under the illusion that changing my dress sphere would make me much weaker and just get me killed. :roll2