PDA

View Full Version : Sleeping with the KABOOM!

TabbyTrap
10-08-2012, 03:21 AM
So how do you sleep?
On your side or your face?
Are you one of those proper sleepers who lie on their backs all tucked in and dont move until morning?
Do you have to make a blanket burrito?
Spooning some bum you found in the park?

I always fall asleep on my side, but wake up on my face with my limbs everywhere and the comforter all messed up. More often then not I wake up with my head at the foot of the bed despite having been flipped the other way when I went to bed.

krissy
10-08-2012, 03:28 AM
i sleep on piles of money

Sleep on your stomach for sexy dreams - study - Story - Environment/Sci - 3 News (http://www.3news.co.nz/Sleep-on-your-stomach-for-sexy-dreams---study/tabid/1160/articleID/265853/Default.aspx)

According to a new study, sleeping on your stomach increases the likelihood you'll have erotic dreams.

Researchers at the Shue Yan University in Hong Kong got 670 students to fill out surveys on their dreams and in what positions they slept, reports the Daily Mail.
Several themes came up consistently when people slept on their fronts – being admired by a famous person, being tied up, being immobile, persecution, and of course, sex.

"This study provides the evidence that dream experiences, and in particular dream content, can be influenced by body posture during sleep," says researcher Calvin Kai-Ching Yu.

"I believe that the brain during sleep is not at all totally detached from the external world, and stimuli, including those stemming from the environment, are probably incorporated into dream content more often than people observe or are aware of."

He says the sexy dreams are the result of not getting as much air while you lie on your front, as opposed to lying on your back, which the mind interprets as "constriction".

Shorty
10-08-2012, 03:57 AM
I sleep on my stomach with my left knee pulled up to my stomach and my right hand under my pillow.

Rantz does the circle-paw around thing that cats and dogs do. I witnessed it once and left the room to sleep on the couch.

Denmark
10-08-2012, 04:00 AM
Rantz does the circle-paw around thing that cats and dogs do. I witnessed it once and left the room to sleep on the couch.

do you have pictures because this is not conveyed very well through text

I sleep on my left side and curled into a ball

Jiro
10-08-2012, 04:26 AM
i lie flat and straight on my back like a pipe

Faris
10-08-2012, 04:26 AM
I'll sleep in any position, it all depends on which I get comfortable in. Mostly on my stomach or on my side.

Sleep on your stomach for sexy dreams - study - Story - Environment/Sci - 3 News (http://www.3news.co.nz/Sleep-on-your-stomach-for-sexy-dreams---study/tabid/1160/articleID/265853/Default.aspx)

That's a load of poopy, I have infinitely more strange dreams and nightmares than sexy dreams no matter which position I'm in. :colbert:

Tigmafuzz
10-08-2012, 04:50 AM
Half on my side with my fiancee in my arms :love:

Although, when I'm alone:

I'll sleep in any position, it all depends on which I get comfortable in.
I have infinitely more strange dreams and nightmares than sexy dreams no matter which position I'm in. :colbert:

I agree with both of these statements.

Jiro
10-08-2012, 04:50 AM
I try and sleep on my side but I move around a lot now. Haven't been getting very restful sleep at all. Been talking a fair bit too, apparently.

Raistlin
10-08-2012, 04:57 AM
I sleep mostly on my back or on my right side.

NorthernChaosGod
10-08-2012, 08:30 AM
I mostly sleep on my left side when I go to bed for the night. I prefer on my stomach or on my back for naps though.

Jinx
10-08-2012, 01:27 PM
I alternate between both my left and right sides. I bend one leg up, and keep the other stretched out behind me. I put pillows next to me, hug it, and lay my head sideways.

Chris
10-08-2012, 01:36 PM
Start on my back, but always end up on my stomach. OO

Bubba
10-08-2012, 01:50 PM
I sleep on my front with my head facing sideways. Unless I've been drinking, then I sleep on my back with arms and legs spread out. Smurf knows why.

Sephex
10-08-2012, 02:56 PM
I fall asleep in whatever position happens to be the most comfortable. According to Shelly, I then decide to run a marathon while sleeping.

Quindiana Jones
10-08-2012, 03:09 PM
I sleep hanging from upside down from a butcher's hook whilst a thousand mice whisper delicate secrets into my ears.

Unbreakable Will
10-08-2012, 03:24 PM
I used to sleep really well, blanket burrito'd and a pillow betwixt my knees to keep them from touching and an entire bed in which to toss and turn. Now that I share my bed I get one tiny little side, one pillow and little to no covers.
Nikki is a cover-hog. :(

That balances out for fall-asleep-cuddle-times though, so it's ok. :love:

Jinx
10-08-2012, 03:34 PM
I used to sleep really well, blanket burrito'd and a pillow betwixt my knees to keep them from touching and an entire bed in which to toss and turn. Now that I share my bed I get one tiny little side, one pillow and little to no covers.
Nikki is a cover-hog. :(

That balances out for fall-asleep-cuddle-times though, so it's ok. :love:

Have your own blanket. :)

Unbreakable Will
10-08-2012, 03:36 PM
You underestimate the sheer amount of blanket-thievery going on here. :colbert:

Raebus
10-08-2012, 05:01 PM
I start on my back, then try either side with one hand under the cold side of a pillow :)

Shorty
10-08-2012, 05:20 PM
I forgot to mention that my dog sleeps at my feet, and somehow also becomes a blankethog.

Quindiana Jones
10-08-2012, 05:23 PM
You should use him as a blanketdog then.

Shorty
10-08-2012, 05:25 PM
How would that work, silly!

Clo
10-08-2012, 05:55 PM
I move all over the place when I sleep. No position ever makes me completely happy.

Jiro
10-09-2012, 04:01 AM
sleep last night was shit. I just kind of kept rotating.

Iceglow
10-09-2012, 07:42 AM
I generally sleep either on my side or on my back, never on my stomach find that when I sleep on my stomach I can't breathe comfortably enough to sleep :\ My position once set however rarely changes unless I wake up I've on a regular basis fallen asleep with headphones on, my laptop on my lap and woken up 4 hours later with both still expertly in place.

Bubba
10-09-2012, 11:37 AM
I've on a regular basis fallen asleep with headphones on, my laptop on my lap and woken up 4 hours later with both still expertly in place.

Funny you should mention that, I have occasionally fallen asleep on the settee clutching a can of beer and wake up without having spilled a drop.

I consider to this to be very highly placed on my skill set.

Pike
10-11-2012, 01:10 PM
I fall asleep on my stomach or side. I usually wake up on my back, which is weird to me, because I can never actually fall asleep on my back.

Hollycat
10-11-2012, 03:02 PM
However I feel like it!