PDA

View Full Version : Frankenweenie

Unbreakable Will
10-08-2012, 05:13 PM

Wanna see it?
I saw the original short on our special edition of Nightmare Before Christmas and absolutely loved it. I'm hoping that Burton makes it better and doesn't totally ruin it.
Thoughts?

Lonely Paper Star
10-09-2012, 05:51 PM
I was a huge fan of the original movie when I was a kid. So much so that I would rent it from Blockbuster nearly every week. I just hope the new one is good and doesn't screw up whatever was awesome in the old one. So far, I've been pretty neutral about it coming out, though.

Rantz
10-09-2012, 06:33 PM
Yep, definitely watching it. Looks pretty good, I think!

Now watch this thread turn into Yet Another Burton Bitchfest (YABB).

Madame Adequate
10-09-2012, 08:30 PM
Tim Burton never does anything original and I hate him and he's terrible and I don't understand why anyone would ever pay to see anything of his and he never does anything original and he's only got one style and he never tries to do anything new and he never varies what he's doing and he lacks originality and he's found one thing that works and has been phoning it in ever since and, most of all, he never does anything original :aimmad:

Jinx
10-09-2012, 08:35 PM
I like Tim Burton okay. Nightmare Before Christmas, Big Fish, and Edward Scissorhands are great.

However, I have no desire to see this. And going with the whole, "Tim Burton does nothing original"...well, duh. Look at the character design here. Same character from Corpse Bride. Same NAME as the character in Corpse Bride. Plus they use the main theme from NBC in everything. It's a great piece, but write something new!

Rantz
10-09-2012, 09:03 PM
:roll2

Jinx
10-09-2012, 09:04 PM
:roll2

huxley started it :(

Unbreakable Will
10-10-2012, 03:38 AM
Yeah I'd like this thread to not degrade into a Burton-(no)originality-circle-jerk. While I'm of the same opinion that he's been doing the same theme over and over again I also find it entertaining (although Corpse Bride was​ trout).

Shorty
10-10-2012, 04:57 PM
I am here to defend Tim Burton. Don't give a trout if he does the same thing over and over - that is his style and he is well-recognized for it. Big Fish unoriginal? Please. Nightmare unoriginal? Please. Nightmare was lightyears ahead of it's time. Edward Scissorhands is completely original. Beetlejuice, amazing. The Corpse Bride was based on an old folktale that he made his own and I adore it. Not thrilled with his version of Alice but atleast he tried to mix things up a bit. Also, the man snagged HBC. Give him some credit.

I am super thrilled about Frankenweenie and will continue to love everything he puts out until he does a claymation version of Twilight (ie, never).

Jinx
10-10-2012, 05:00 PM
I am here to defend Tim Burton. Don't give a trout if he does the same thing over and over - that is his style and he is well-recognized for it. Big Fish unoriginal? Please. Nightmare unoriginal? Please. Nightmare was lightyears ahead of it's time. Edward Scissorhands is completely original. Beetlejuice, amazing. The Corpse Bride was based on an old folktale that he made his own and I adore it. Not thrilled with his version of Alice but atleast he tried to mix things up a bit. Also, the man snagged HBC. Give him some credit.

I am super thrilled about Frankenweenie and will continue to love everything he puts out until he does a claymation version of Twilight (ie, never).

Totally agree about these, and would never say otherwise. Nah, I was just jumping on the bitching bandwagon. And it's true--the pseudo-goth look is his style.

However, I think this movie looks pretty dumb.

Shorty
10-10-2012, 05:02 PM
I think the people who are going to love it the most are the ones who've already seen the short. It's worth watching.

Jinx
10-10-2012, 05:04 PM
I think the people who are going to love it the most are the ones who've already seen the short. It's worth watching.

The short is?

I've never seen it.

Shorty
10-10-2012, 05:10 PM
2rcPe9sojpc

Vincent is included, another short that everyone should watch.

charliepanayi
10-10-2012, 05:27 PM
Tim Burton in the 80s and 90s - great (though The Nightmare Before Christmas is as much a Henry Selick film as it is a Tim Burton one)
Tim Burton since 2000 - very patchy. I like Big Fish and Sweeney Todd is good though.

And Ed Wood is his best film.