PDA

View Full Version : Monster Squad Remake... voice your opinion

Mercen-X
10-08-2012, 06:49 PM
Brad Fuller Talks ‘Monster Squad’ Remake (http://screenrant.com/monster-squad-remake-brad-fuller-robf-56623/comment-page-1/#comment-600836)

So yeah, it's possible a remake of the '80s flick will hit sometime in the near future and there's some long-winded rants about why it shouldn't happen. Then there idiots voicing their demand for modern monsters like Leatherface and Michael Meyers, who I shouldn't have to remind anyone, are serial killers, not monsters. Monsters are freakish creatures capable of killing but are most often simply misunderstood and killed by hordes of paranoid humans. "Modern monsters" are just a bunch of whack jobs who often target people in their homes at night and are never found much less killed. Often these modern monsters turn out more like Jason or Freddy and simply can't be killed. There's no secret way to kill them like sunlight on Dracula or silver on Wolfman, they just can't be killed. There's no way a remake of Monster Squad can be made featuring a cast of unkillable assholes.

That rant aside, there are some who are willing if not eager to see a remake and some have suggested new faces, new monsters, or at least a modern take on the old monsters. The time of makeup and costume and dramatic flambuoyance is now past.

What say you?

Araciel
12-08-2012, 05:15 AM
If they don't put in 'Wolfman's got nards' ..I ain't happy.

Bubba
12-08-2012, 04:34 PM
The original was great. I liked the bit with the monsters.

Balzac
12-09-2012, 04:25 PM
If they don't put in 'Wolfman's got nards' ..I ain't happy.

I was going to say "as long as the wolfman has nards its all good".

Mercen-X
07-17-2013, 08:57 PM
I always that the assumption that Wolfman wouldn't have nards was utterly retarded. He's a wolfman. He's a man version of wolf. Men have nards. Wolves have nards. Have I lost you already?

I think a better line would come from kicking the BLC in the crotch. "The fishman has nards!" Since fish don't have nards, it's easier to assume that the BLC also wouldn't have them particularly as we never see the BLC in human form.

Araciel
07-18-2013, 05:53 AM
You're clearly a commie mutant traitor with no sense of humour.

Mercen-X
09-02-2013, 04:10 AM
Resurrected... the thread, not the concept. I stated earlier that I thought only idiots would want maniacs and supernatural unkillable freaks to appear in a remake. But now that I've heard the remake may not happen at all, I've taken some time to think it over.

Monster Squad is touted as a "love-letter to the classic monsters"... well, for us these "classic monsters" aren't the classics anymore. They'll always be classic to someone, but they're just relics to our generation. For our generation Freddy, Jason, Michael, and Leatherface are the classics. If recent remakes of these modern horrors has taught us anything, its that you can't resurrect a classic franchise no matter how pretty the wrapping you use to present it. So... what can you do?

Kill it off. What better way to do that than with a Monster Squad? Maybe instead of a remake, it could be a sequel with grown up members of the original squad taking on new menaces.
I don't know. My sanity may be in question, but I relish the thought of modern spins on old favorites.