PDA

View Full Version : Death by boredom

Bubba
10-09-2012, 01:58 PM
OK, so I've been sat in work listening to two women talk about what 'colour schemes' they have in their respective houses for nearly twenty minutes.

I mean, Jesus. Surely this conversation tops out at around four minutes? How can any person whittle on for so long about such a ridiculously mundane subject?

What conversations have you listened to recently that have made you want to gouge out your own eyes through boredom?

Shauna
10-09-2012, 02:13 PM
Well Bubba, let me tell you about how the various colours in my house make this the homiest place...

Bubba
10-09-2012, 02:14 PM
Well Bubba, let me tell you about how the various colours in my house make this the homiest place...

GOD NO!!!

Hollycat
10-09-2012, 02:32 PM
I made the mistake of asking my mother how her day was once.

Unbreakable Will
10-09-2012, 03:48 PM
I made the mistake of asking my elderly grandmother how she was feeling. That's an hour of my life I repeated throughout the day thanks to the fact her memory is shit.

Lonely Paper Star
10-09-2012, 05:30 PM
One of my former bosses would say. "Oh, can I borrow you for like, two minutes? Just two minutes."

It was 30, at the least. And most of the time she would just repeat herself. Then as I'm leaving, "oh! I forgot one thing!" ... and those were usually like five things.

I would zone out and die at the weekly meetings when she spoke.

Shorty
10-09-2012, 05:48 PM
Shauna and I would be the women having that conversation.

Jinx
10-09-2012, 06:11 PM
And me too, Shorty.

House decoration is a very important thing, Daniel. :colbert:

Shauna
10-09-2012, 06:48 PM
Men, amirite :roll2

Jinx
10-09-2012, 06:48 PM
Men, amirite :roll2

Iceglow
10-09-2012, 07:34 PM
I listen to people talk all day for a living. I had a 40 odd minute rant directed at me yesterday for something that wasn't even my fault or responsibility. What's more I had to sit there and pay attention because he kept putting pointed comments in my direction expecting response. Even worse I have to retain this information to make valid comments on the call in case the quality guys listen to it.

I think I can out-top anyone in here for horrible conversations you don't want to hear.

Faris
10-09-2012, 07:51 PM
I made the mistake of asking my mother how her day was once everyday.

Sometimes I just need to sit in the same room and not say a thing to hear about every single sale and coupon used that week. It's especially good when the cashier gives her trouble. Oh no, call the fire department!

Clo
10-09-2012, 09:50 PM
Pretty much any conversation females are having out in public is awful. I swear to god, women flock together and challenge each other to a stupid-off. Whoever looks the most stupid gets the guy.

Jiro
10-10-2012, 03:40 AM
Bubba just get up and leave. I don't care if you're on the train for fuck's sake. Just get up and get off the train.

Sephex
10-10-2012, 04:16 AM
At my work I am in Quality Assurance, so I am often INVOLVED in the long boring conversations.

However, I know people have thought the same about me and a friend discussing video games while in line for food or something. I called them plebians and bragged about my $250,000K/year job.

Bubba
10-11-2012, 11:56 AM
At my work I am in Quality Assurance, so I am often INVOLVED in the long boring conversations.

However, I know people have thought the same about me and a friend discussing video games while in line for food or something. I called them plebians and bragged about my $250,000K/year job.

Can you buy me a horse?