PDA

View Full Version : I have a question

opn184
10-09-2012, 11:01 PM
What got you into playing FFIV?

Hollycat
10-09-2012, 11:13 PM
The meanies here bullied me into doing it.

Nightsintodreams
10-10-2012, 12:12 AM
For me, it was the DS re-release. I actually own a boxed copy of the SNES version, and the PSX version...but I never got around to playing them.

It was only when the DS version was released and I had JUST finished playing through Final Fantasy III, that I decided to give it a try. No regrets.

Not to mention I got to see where my linkshell's name in Final Fantasy XI came from (Lunarians)!

I didn't play through it more than once though...I'm not that sadistic.

Tsuris
10-10-2012, 02:27 AM
it came in sequence, I played them all (starting at 8 then 7) after I started the ff series each one had to be at least tried, and once I started a story, I couldn't stop (though x-2 nearly convinced me to stop trying for it's story).

espritduo
10-10-2012, 02:55 AM
Final Fantasy IV (or II as I knew it back then) was the very first FF I ever played, back before I even knew what FF was. I was just a little kid, and only rented the game a couple times, and only got up the Antlion, but that short little experience still sticks with me as one of the most memorable times I ever had with an FF. I still look back to the way that experience made me feel, the wonder, awe, and excitement of the world of a Final Fantasy, and always compare any new FF to those memories. No FF, even my favorite one, FFVI has ever been able to recapture that novel feeling I had with my few short weeks of FFIV. Even FFIV itself, when I came back to it after beating FFVI and fully played it in proper fashion had the same impact as that initial playing. I could seriously say my entire FF quest has been about rediscovering that special something I found when I first picked up the controller and heard the FFIV overworld theme for the first time. It was probably just me being young more than anything, so I will probably never experiece an FF the way I did with FFIV, my first.

Evastio
10-10-2012, 03:26 AM
It was the only game I had for the SNES besides Super Mario World. As a kid, it was my very first RPG. I remember thinking to myself while doing a few random encounters outside of Baron Castle "Wow, choosing commands for battles sure sounds like it'd be boring, but I'm finding it really fun!!"

Roogle
10-10-2012, 03:35 AM
I played Final Fantasy IV as Final Fantasy II on the Super Nintendo as a child. Its simple script allowed me to understand and beat the game largely by myself. Personally, I find it funny when some people really need help with this game and I beat it as a small child, although Final Fantasy II was a much easier game than some other iterations of Final Fantasy IV.

Wolf Kanno
10-10-2012, 04:33 AM
After I was forced to give FFIII(VI) back to my friend after I discovered the Relm glitch that erases all the save files, I went looking for my own copy cause I was annoyed I had not finished the game. I found FFII(IV) and picked it up cause I figured I'd never get another chance. I came with just the cartridge and chewed up manual but I got quickly engrossed into the story and world and finished it around Christmas time, I still get into the mood to play the game when I see Christmas decorations. It was the first FF I ever owned and first I ever beat.

pederloo
10-10-2012, 05:35 AM
and finished it around Christmas time, I still get into the mood to play the game when I see Christmas decorations.

The best and worst feel ever.

Gamblet
10-10-2012, 01:32 PM
One game: Chrono Trigger. It got me interested in the old school jRPGs

Jowy
10-10-2012, 06:43 PM
my mom rented it from phar-mor when i was six years old...it was either that or NBA JAM. thanks for that! i'd have never become a valued member of Eyes on Final Fantasy if it weren't for their lack of selection!

Citizen Bleys
10-10-2012, 06:47 PM
FF1. FF1 got me into playing this game.

Surely I'm not the only one old enough to remember when FF1 was the *only* FF available outside of Japan?

Sephex
10-10-2012, 06:55 PM
FF1. FF1 got me into playing this game.

Surely I'm not the only one old enough to remember when FF1 was the *only* FF available outside of Japan?

No sir, you are not. I also got into Final Fantasy IV right away as a result of being a fan of the first title!