PDA

View Full Version : microwave questionnaire

Jowy
10-11-2012, 04:32 AM
- how many minutes fast/slow is your microwave clock?
- do you have things on top of your microwave?
- do you stop your microwave with one second left to avoid hearing it beep?

three minutes, toaster and measuring cups, and yes.

Citizen Bleys
10-11-2012, 04:42 AM

three minutes, toaster and measuring cups, and yes.

- 0 seconds, I fix shit that's not working.
- Usually, my cat.
- No, I'm not insane.

Bunny
10-11-2012, 04:44 AM
1) Exactly on time.
2) Nothing, it's underneath a cabinet and my fiance thinks putting stuff up there looks tacky.
3) Only when someone is trying to sleep in the immediate area.

Tigmafuzz
10-11-2012, 04:51 AM
- 0 seconds, I fix trout that's not working.
- Usually, my cat.

This. Although I do stop it a few seconds early sometimes if I have a headache or if Sarah is around, since the noise apparently is just the right frequency to grate on her eardrums like nails on a chalkboard.

rubah
10-11-2012, 05:04 AM
I don't think it currently shows the time
there is a paper plate with a coke zero on top of it, but nothing else because Lola uses it to jump on top of the fridge.
yes

Denmark
10-11-2012, 05:05 AM
we have 4 clocks in the kitchen: the microwave, the oven, the coffeemaker, and an analog clock that's still there for whatever reason. i believe currently the microwave and oven are synced (within a minute), the coffeemaker is 2 minutes fast and i don't bother checking the analog one.

the microwave is one of those over-the-stove ones so nothing is technically "on top" of it. there's a shelf above with cookbooks and whatnot but that doesn't really count.

the beep is long gone on this microwave. and i swear to god if you leave any time on a microwave i'll hunt you down. if you wanna stop it early go ahead but clear it, gosh darn it

rubah
10-11-2012, 05:09 AM
I leave any time left on the microwave because maybe I want to use it later. Can't take those seconds back, mang

Shiny
10-11-2012, 05:15 AM
-Depends on what I'm cooking. For the popcorn the "Popcorn" option doesn't always pop all the kernels. #firstworldproblems
-A Patti LaBelle cook book. It's a running joke between my family that my mom is Patti LaBelle or thinks she is. :monster:
-Yes because mine beeps three times and will even say, "I'm done" where the timer is. It's like I know you're done, don't you sass me microwave!

I Took the Red Pill
10-11-2012, 05:28 AM
-9 hrs and 11 mins fast
-Nescafe instant coffee
-Usually, yes

Jiro
10-11-2012, 05:42 AM
My microwave doesn't tell time. It just microwaves.

There is currently nothing on top of it.

I don't watch things in the microwave. I set the timer and fuck off and do something until I hear it beep.

WildRaubtier
10-11-2012, 05:44 AM
It gains pretty fast; it's currently about 6 or so minutes fast.

My old housemate's mail.

No, that's just stupid.

Araciel
10-11-2012, 06:07 AM
same as my watch
pens/pencils/paper
never stand by it even for a minute

Faris
10-11-2012, 12:09 PM
1) ...uhm couple of seconds fast :eyebrow:
2) Teas and sugar.
3) Depends on how I'm feeling, if my food is making popping noises, and if I want it to tell me to "enjoy your meal". Don't tell me what to do.

Bonus: weirdest thing I microwave: ice cream for 3-5 seconds. I prefer it soft :3

Jinx
10-11-2012, 12:21 PM
1. It just says 0.
2. Yes. There's a basket with potholders and shit.
3. No. Usually I leave the area, and forget about my food for like 10 minutes, and have to reheat it again. :shobon:

Bubba
10-11-2012, 12:24 PM
1) Your microwaves have clocks?

2) Bills. I should probably start opening and paying them soon...

3) I have a dial timer so I always twist it back to the start position to hear it ting. Sometimes, I will watch the dial get precariously close to zero then try and say "ting!" at the same time as the microwave. Have I revealed too much? Yes, I think I have...

Pike
10-11-2012, 12:49 PM
1) It keeps accurate time like the rest of my eight or nine clocks.
2.) No
3.) No

Rantz
10-11-2012, 01:13 PM
My microwave doesn't tell time. It just microwaves.

There is currently nothing on top of it.

I don't watch things in the microwave. I set the timer and fuck off and do something until I hear it beep.

Same on all accounts.

Quindiana Jones
10-11-2012, 02:20 PM
The time on my microwave changes, but it's always running backwards. :(

Shorty
10-11-2012, 05:28 PM
1. It's on time, miraculously.
2. I have a breakfast tray on top with my spices organized with tallest in back with shortest in front. Also my coffee maker.
3. I thought I was the only person who did this!

Jowy
10-11-2012, 07:47 PM
i hate hearing it beep three times! i'd need an at home drug test if the microwave ever talked to me.

Shorty
10-11-2012, 07:50 PM
I hate it, too! Some of the microwaves let you clear it as it's beeping but some of them JUST KEEP BEEPING and it is terrible!

I will RACE from the other room to get in front of the microwave in order to clear the time just before it beeps. Sometimes it's a gamble and I miss it and have to listen to it anway :aimmad:

Miriel
10-11-2012, 10:22 PM
The microwave clock is always right, even if it's not.
Cupboards
YES! I hate the beep! Stupid beep.

I really like this thread.

Shorty
10-11-2012, 10:23 PM
I love that Miriel is in the cool kids club with the time-stopping.

Bubba
10-11-2012, 10:37 PM
But the beep is what the microwave looks forward to. It is their climax. You can't deny them this.

It's like taking them to the peak of ecstasy then showing them a picture of Sloth from The Goonies.

Shorty
10-11-2012, 10:41 PM
Well, that does make me feel bad, but not enough to allow that godforsaken beep to get through!

Mirage
10-11-2012, 10:41 PM
Right now, my microwave clock is reset because i pulled the wrong plug and haven't bothered setting it again. It is usually right on time.

There is a lot of random junk on top of it. Some sheets of paper and pens, mostly

I stop it one second before it beeps, because it beeps 5 fucking times. If it was just 3, I would have let it do it.

NorthernChaosGod
10-12-2012, 12:00 AM
The clock stopped working so it displays nothing unless it's microwaving things.

Nothing, it's hanging from under a cabinet.

No, that's dumb. I let it finish.

Shorty
10-12-2012, 12:01 AM
Why do you people torture yourselves?

Jowy
10-12-2012, 12:11 AM
i feel like at least one person has a convenience store microwave with just a dial for the amount of time and not a push-button setup.

Agent Proto
10-12-2012, 12:12 AM

It's about a minute off.

Nothing, because it's raised and installed above the stove. :)

Yep! Most of the time if I'm nearby. Otherwise, I let it run it's course and let it beep.

Lonely Paper Star
10-12-2012, 01:25 AM

I think it's about a minute fast.

Nothing. It's attached to the kitchen set thing and arranged so the bottom of it is also the stove fan/light.

YES. I've made it a game.

Mirage
10-12-2012, 11:09 AM
My parents actually have a microwave with just a dial and no digital numberz. You can't avoid the OMGIMDONE ding but in return, it's just a single ding. None of this five beep shit that I have to deal with.

Quindiana Jones
10-12-2012, 11:53 AM
I hate those digital microwaves. What a waste of time and effort.

Jiro
10-13-2012, 12:47 AM
The people who hate the microwave beeping are the people who are always late because they cannot stand the sound of an alarm clock.

Mirage
10-13-2012, 01:04 AM
My alarm clock plays super nintendo RPG songs, so that's definitely not why I am late!

Araciel
10-13-2012, 01:09 AM
People who need to be woken up via alarm to be on time are living their lives the wrong way...

Also, microwave dinners need to contain more food.

Those two statements are completely unrelated.

Quindiana Jones
10-13-2012, 01:17 AM
People who can stand the sound of their alarm clock need to get a new alarm clock.

fire_of_avalon
10-13-2012, 01:55 AM
I almost always involve the sound of my alarm clock into one of those weird dreams between sleeping and wakefulness. Which is why I set a kabillion alarms.

My microwave is none seconds off time.

There's a cutting board, some tomatoes and a bunch of random stuff on top of it.

Yes. I hate that beep.

Raistlin
10-13-2012, 02:15 AM
-It's pretty accurate, so not more than a minute or so off.
-No.
-No, I am not crazy.

fire_of_avalon
10-13-2012, 02:24 AM
IT ISN'T CRAZY, IT IS A PREFERENCE. The beep is long. It's annoying. It's useless, because I'm not like, microwaving some popcorn for two minutes then going to do yoga while it's cooking. I'm standing in my kitchen waiting for the freaking popcorn.

Raistlin
10-13-2012, 03:08 AM
No, you're crazy.

fire_of_avalon
10-13-2012, 03:10 AM
Crazy good looking, maybe.

Tigmafuzz
10-13-2012, 03:26 AM
Crazy good looking, maybe.

foa once let down her protective aura because she was bored and wanted to see what happened. All those who witnessed her insane beauty without the shield lost all desire to keep living once they realized they would never see anything that beautiful again for as long as they lived, and promptly died.