PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy VII...

Flying Mullet
10-12-2012, 04:41 PM
is inferior to Final Fantasy VI.

Carry on.

Alpha2099
10-12-2012, 04:46 PM
Um...thanks.

Evastio
10-12-2012, 04:58 PM
Considering its legacy and impact on the Final Fantasy series (not to mention making the JRPG genre's popularity skyrocket), I wouldn't say so.

Sure, it may not be your most favourite (it's definitely not mine), but you can't deny its effect on the gaming industry.

WildRaubtier
10-12-2012, 05:00 PM
Shut up, you! Unqualified opinions are what this debate is all about!

Flying Mullet
10-12-2012, 05:06 PM
Final Fantasy VII is destroying family values! :aimmad:

WildRaubtier
10-12-2012, 05:07 PM
A vote for Final Fantasy VII is a vote for REAL Americans.

Night Fury
10-12-2012, 06:55 PM
Final Fantasy VII gave the franchise a fresh look, and has some of the most iconic video game characters of all time.

I mean, I wouldn't call myself Lockharted if the game were trout ;)

Slothy
10-12-2012, 07:22 PM

Final Fantasy VII touched me... in the naughty place...

:cry:

Nightsintodreams
10-12-2012, 07:48 PM

:cry:

Final Fantasy VII is the reason why I cannot sleep without the lights on...No matter how hard I try, I cannot get the image of Cloud in drag out of my mind.

Hold me. ._.

Flying Mullet
10-12-2012, 07:50 PM
Final Fantasy VII influences children to wear sailor outfits and take gondola rides with grown men. The children! Think of the children!

Cloudane
10-12-2012, 09:25 PM
What other FF has a crowd of gay fans who rape your character in a hot tub then follow him to beach and skiing resorts? Not VI.

Flying Mullet
10-12-2012, 09:29 PM
Final Fantasy VI teaches love and compassions and taking care of orphans heals the world. Final Fantasy VII has drunks trying to puke on girls.

Raistlin
10-13-2012, 03:22 AM
FFVI has better writing (the only game that doesn't may be FFXIII), but I like FFVII's characters more.

FFVI vs. FFVII is like cats vs. dogs. Why can't I just like them both???

Flying Mullet
10-13-2012, 06:16 AM
Because gray areas scare people. They need black and white opinions and labels to be able to function.

FFVII flip-flops!

WildRaubtier
10-13-2012, 07:18 AM
FFVI has better writing

That's basically the only thing 6 has going for it at all. Not good writing, but better writing than any other in the series.

maybee
10-13-2012, 08:25 AM
I love this thread !

Yes Final Fantasy VI is the best and most amazing and better than Final Fantasy VII ! :kakapo:

Flying Mullet
10-13-2012, 04:35 PM
Final Fantasy VII puts on the toilet paper roll style A while Final Fantasy VI puts it on style B. :colbert:

http://home.eyesonff.com/general-chat/145735-great-debate.html

Jiro
10-14-2012, 03:41 AM
Mullet is a true member of Eyes on Final Fantasy so I believe in him. And if you don't believe in him, then believe in me who believes in him!

Big D
10-14-2012, 07:49 AM
FFVII's translation is inferior to FFVI's, but in every other respect I prefer the PS1 classic over its predecessor. The world, story and characters just mean a whole lot more to me. Possibly due in part to it being the first FF I ever played, but I also reckon it's more than that. Even if I'd played VI first, I think I'd still prefer VII.

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
10-14-2012, 07:54 AM
I totally agree with Big D.

Elpizo
10-14-2012, 03:05 PM
is inferior to Final Fantasy VI.

Carry on.

Maybe, but they're both inferior to III, IV, V, IX and XII, anyway. :p

Sephex
10-14-2012, 06:43 PM
I said it before, and I'll say it again:

If FFVII came out first for the SNES as FFVI, and FFVI came out as FFVII for the original PlayStation, peoples opinions on the games will be reversed.

maybee
10-15-2012, 05:13 AM
I said it before, and I'll say it again:

If FFVII came out first for the SNES as FFVI, and FFVI came out as FFVII for the original PlayStation, peoples opinions on the games will be reversed.

Agree and if Final Fantasy VIII didn't come out after Final Fantasy then it would be more poplaur, Final Fantasy VI and Final Fantasy VIII both suffer from being squished in between Mr Poplaur.

Bolivar
10-17-2012, 11:44 PM
Even Hironobu Sakaguchi said Final Fantasy VI is a puppet show (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9g0O56mV54) compared to Final Fantasy VII.

Even Nobuo Uematsu said FFVII was a huge leap (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqEnZ608Qlg) over FFVI.

Flying Mullet
10-17-2012, 11:53 PM
Both of these interviews occurred around the release of FFVII. Of course they're going to say it's better than FFVI, otherwise it would hurt sales.

Besides, nowadays Hironobu Sakaguchi says that his involvement with FFVII makes him curl up into the fetal position and cry himself to sleep at night and Nobuo Uematsu would disown FFVII but it is attached to his left testicle and bites him if he ever speaks poorly of it. :(

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
10-18-2012, 02:22 AM
You sound like you have quite a dislike for FF7. Why? Only thing wrong with the US version was the translation in some spots. And I don't hate FF6. It's good and I wanna beat it again and play it more like I played FF7.

Bolivar
10-18-2012, 04:49 AM
Nobuo Uematsu would disown FFVII but it is attached to his left testicle and bites him if he ever speaks poorly of it. :(

But can you blame him? The trauma he went through composing the subpar soundtrack of FFVI already took his right :D

Oh, and the Nobuo interview is from a G4 special in 2004. Nice try, though ;)

Jiro
10-18-2012, 09:50 AM
Yeah well without Final Fantasy VI there would never have been a Final Fantasy VII and it would never have created this fanatical following. So nyah.

Mercen-X
10-22-2012, 04:30 AM

It was beautiful

if they all travelling together, why can't they just gang up on the bad guys? Is there some courtesy system in which only three can fight at once?

Another way in which VII contributed to the eventual advancements (this case, partywise) of the series.

Quindiana Jones
10-25-2012, 08:52 PM
I heard that FFVII found Queen Brahne from FFIX attractive. There are obviously some issues there. FFVI, on the other hand, wouldn't stop talking about how it doesn't matter what people look like, as long as they are nice. It then said something along the lines of "tits you can bury your whole head in". :confused:

Mercen-X
10-27-2012, 01:25 AM
Queen Brahne's not that bad. A little lipo, a lot of plastic surgery, I bet she'd totally turn into Charlize Theron.