PDA

View Full Version : No internet, no life

Pike
10-14-2012, 02:14 AM
My ISP derped up the internet until tomorrow (Except on my brick of a cellphone) and I am slowly going insane. Do you survive when you have no internet or do you have no life outside of it, like me?

Denmark
10-14-2012, 02:16 AM
i can survive but i'd be pretty antisocial without it. as long as i have electricity i have games, and failing that i could read a book or go outside or something. but all my best friends are internet

Agent Proto
10-14-2012, 02:17 AM
Oh no!

Well, I am mostly online when I'm home, and to not have internet available would drive me just as insane, so I would probably spend it playing video games or sleeping.

snacks
10-14-2012, 02:20 AM
What is this "no internet" you speak of?

What?

But seriously folks, without the internet I am an empty shell of a man and unable to take care of myself.

Shoeberto
10-14-2012, 02:43 AM
Internet stuff is what I do when I'm bored i.e. work. I have a lot of hobbies and stuff I like to do away from a screen though since I spend 40 hours in front of one atm.

I can't really say I'm all that social while afk but I like to keep myself well-rounded by unplugging a lot.

Mirage
10-14-2012, 02:47 AM
I survive, but it is really annoying.

Jiro
10-14-2012, 02:57 AM
It would make my classes difficult and I'd miss you wankers but I'd probably survive alright.

Aulayna
10-14-2012, 03:53 AM
I'm usually a bit ansty without it for 24 hours - but after that I end up not really missing it that much. Usually because I have a mountain of TV shows/books/games collecting dust that the internet normally distracts me from!

Tigmafuzz
10-14-2012, 04:46 AM
Life without internet isn't that difficult. I have a crapload of hobbies and I have a lot of friends and a lot of work to do, so internet is a very small aspect of my life normally.

NorthernChaosGod
10-14-2012, 05:29 AM
I hate not having Internet, I feel so disconnected. A few years back we moved and I spent three days just watching anime because we didn't have Internet yet and I had no car. It was brutal.

Thankfully I will never have to deal with that again since I have a smartphone and unlimited data.

Lonely Paper Star
10-14-2012, 06:07 AM
Unless I'm totally immersed in something, I actually get restless when I'm on the internet for long periods of time. ;.;

I have other hobbies and a regular group of friends, so not having internet isn't too bad sometimes. I have a smurfton of books to read, too.

Araciel
10-14-2012, 07:24 AM
Always connected.

Faris
10-14-2012, 05:40 PM
I would adjust and find something else to do. I have other means of connecting with the important people in my life who I usually contact through the internet which makes it easier.

New 12/12/12 theory: The internet goes out for a month, world goes bat trout crazy.

Sephex
10-14-2012, 05:50 PM
I'll just use my phone or pay the bill! Nah, I'm just joking. I will usually pay a game because in my area if it ever goes down it's just for under an hour.

Chris
10-14-2012, 06:38 PM
I play some video games, watch a movie, or take a nap. There's a lot to do, guys. :greenie:

TrollHunter
10-14-2012, 06:42 PM
I routinely turn off all my Internet connection, and get rid of my phone for up to a month sometimes.
It helps bring me back to reality, and I get more crap done that way.

I used to do that all the time last year, it worked great~
I love not having internet connection, it's freeing in a bizarre way.

Shiny
10-14-2012, 06:51 PM
One time last year during the blizzard, the telephone poles fell, so there was no power. I couldn't use my smart phone to send emails and of course no internet either. That was during a time where I was very busy with clients, so it was an inconvenience, but gave me a great excuse to take a break for the day. I decided to nap, watch movies, and I went outside and enjoyed the snowy weather by sledding.

Shauna
10-14-2012, 06:54 PM
No... internet...? What is this!

But srs, we had a fortnight without internet when we first moved into our flat. We dealt with it, played some games, actually communicated with one another, that sort of noise. All was well.
Only thing that would suck right now about having no internet is I'd have few ways to communicate to the people in Glasgow, or my flatmate who moved all the way back home to Aberdeen. :{

Shorty
10-14-2012, 07:39 PM
Either from my laptop, work or cell phone. Somehow I am getting on the damn internet, one way or another.

DMKA
10-16-2012, 09:14 PM
Same here. If my home internet or work internet dies, I still have my phone.

If I somehow lose all three at once...I don't want to think about it.

Futan
10-17-2012, 12:20 AM
Lost internet maybe 2 months ago. Router died on a Friday, couldn't get a new one until I think Tuesday. I just tethered the internet from my phone though. :x So it wasn't that bad. Just couldn't really play any online games.

Iceglow
10-17-2012, 11:15 AM
Longest that I've gone in recent years without the internet is like 6 months or so. I did ok I guess, I went out a lot more to party, I worked a lot more hours than was healthy, I had use of a mobile to text/call people but I still felt pretty disconnected I didn't get to speak to many friends in that time which upset me a fair amount.

Pumpkin
10-17-2012, 05:28 PM
I spent about four months without internet earlier this year. Wasn't a huge deal. You get used to it.

Cloudane
10-17-2012, 09:38 PM
I'd just go to the pub. and access the internet from there

Alternatively sleep, or play an offline game, or do some house work, etc. Not really the end of the world. I can survive fine without the internet, but have a few friends there who would worry if I just disappeared for too long so hopefully it'd only be a day or two.