PDA

View Full Version : The Walking Dead TELEVISION SHOW ONLY 2-DOGG MEMORIAL EDITION (UNMARKED TV SPOILERS)

Pages : [1] 2

fire_of_avalon
10-15-2012, 04:20 AM
EDIT2: Discussion of the comic book goes elsewhere. DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION ABOUT THE COMIC BOOK OR POSSIBLE FUTURE OF THE SHOW.

(I know that seems really redundant, but I put that disclaimer in for anyone who uses the mouseover preview.)

Where is the thread? Am I gonna make it alla time or did I just miss it. (This is about The Walking Dead, beeteedubs)

EPISODE ONE, SEASON THREE MOTHER smurfERS. GET EXCITED.

ACTUALLY START TO CRY RIGHT NOW, BECAUSE Herschel ;________;.

Why doesn't Robert Kirkman understand that you do not smurf with a father daughter relationship? Especially when there are two daughters and they kind of remind me of my family and it took literally everything I had not to start bawling.

Okay, the good!

1) MICHONNE. Bad. Ass.
2) Andrea ain't dead and can learn more badassery from Michoooooooonne.
3)The Ricktatorship is in full effect, bitches. Lori, face it girl, this is what you get for all the trout you pulled on him. I do feel for her though, she's alone and she's doing the scariest thing ever in the scariest setting ever.
4) I liked the singing

The great.

1) Daryl.

The worst.
1) Carol might redeem herself this season, if she learns to shoot straight, but the cheesy pickup lines on Daryl? I mean that is game about level with mine and I have no game.

2) HERSCHEL. YOU CAN'T KILL HIM. I NEED HIM. WE NEED HIM.

And finally, the twist.
1)Walkers in body armor? smurfing cheaters.
2)PRISONERS? WTF?

Talk about season 3 of the best show on TV in this thread! Be mindful this thread will be fraught with spoilers and many of them could be unmarked, so read at your own risk.

EDIT: Also, this thread is for show only. Please DO NOT reveal anything from the comics in this thread as it could spoil upcoming TV storyline. Only talk about events in the most recent episode.

Mirage
10-15-2012, 04:52 AM
I feel pretty dumb now because I read your post like three times and still can't figure out which show you're talking about.

And now that you edited the first post, I better do the same to to avoid appearing even dumber than I felt to the rest of the forumgoers!

Araciel
10-15-2012, 05:23 AM
.....Arrrr matey

CimminyCricket
10-15-2012, 05:33 AM
I watched it and I am glad I continue to watch it despite having read the graphic novels.

Shauna
10-15-2012, 07:13 AM
I can't bring myself to watch the 3rd season. D: There has been nothing redeeming about anything in the first two seasons, all I did was complain about how awful everyone and everything is.

I had forgotten about it, but now I have been reminded and am vaguely tempted to check it out. ;_;

Slothy
10-15-2012, 05:45 PM
2) HERSCHEL. YOU CAN'T KILL HIM. I NEED HIM. WE NEED HIM.

Spoiler in case people haven't seen the episode yet, though I'd say we just put people on notice now that if you haven't seen the latest episode you should avoid this thread/unsubscribe/whatever because I hate having to use spoiler tags for an entire thread.

He might not die depending on how they go with this. I can't say more without spoiling from the comics a bit, but suffice it to say that a few people have lost limbs to the walkers with varying results.

I was also pleased to see Rick's Hatchet make an appearance. About time.

fire_of_avalon
10-17-2012, 11:04 AM
"Rick's Hatchet" is a thing? I'm intrigued.

Slothy
10-17-2012, 12:24 PM
He's kills many a walker with that hatchet FOA. Hopefully we see more of it.

Bunny
10-17-2012, 11:05 PM
I can't bring myself to watch the 3rd season. D: There has been nothing redeeming about anything in the first two seasons, all I did was complain about how awful everyone and everything is.

I had forgotten about it, but now I have been reminded and am vaguely tempted to check it out. ;_;

The first half of the second season was pretty unbearable. Then they got rid of two of the worst characters ever acted/written and it got loads better. Dale and Shane were absolutely horrible and served only to cause unnecessary drama and stupidity. Had they killed off Shane immediately as he started his lame powergrab it would have been fine.

The first episode was really good. I hope Herschel lives, but going off the sneak peeks they did of season three, I don't think he will. They'll probably drag it out a few episodes though. Unless one of the prisoner dudes gets scared and offs him.

fire_of_avalon
10-18-2012, 01:43 AM
I had this conversation with a friend of mine - how did you feel about the pacing of this episode? I kind of felt like I just started to watch it and BLAM it was over with? That was probably by necessity - there was a lot to establish in the episode, but do you think the rest of the season will go so quickly?

Also do you think Carol and Daryl will really couple up?

Bunny
10-18-2012, 02:22 AM
I had this conversation with a friend of mine - how did you feel about the pacing of this episode? I kind of felt like I just started to watch it and BLAM it was over with? That was probably by necessity - there was a lot to establish in the episode, but do you think the rest of the season will go so quickly?

I think the pacing was perfect. They had to introduce the prison, since it'll be the main setting for the third season (at least for Rick's group) just like the farm was for the second season. As more characters get introduced and Andrea/Michonne's story starts to take off it will slow down.

I wouldn't be surprised. They've been hinting at it since early in season two.

What I want to know is how the hell it took them months to find the prison when it was right there. Wouldn't they have stumbled on it after at least a week or two? They clearly remained in the area where the last season ended. Shouldn't someone (Daryl) stumbled upon it at some point?

fire_of_avalon
10-19-2012, 03:26 AM
They talked in the beginning of the episode a little while that they'd been making a big circle of the area and that they'd wintered on the opposite of where ever they were at that point.

Uggggggggh Daryl and Carol. No.

Del Murder
10-21-2012, 07:11 PM
This started up again? I should watch it.

fire_of_avalon
10-22-2012, 03:40 AM
YES YOU SHOULD. But you should not ready this post any further, Del Murder, because I ain't marking my spoilers.

Okay so my heart is fine because so far Herschel is okay. I lost it when Maggie was telling him it was okay to die. I don't know how many of you have experienced significant loss - I know I haven't lost anyone as important as a parent - and I just don't think I could be that brave. I think the hardest part of coping with death is the ability to "let go" of the person who is dying or has died. I can't put that thought into sensible words right now, but you guys get what I'm saying, right? Anyway, Maggie is far and away my favorite lady on the show right now - and let's be honest that's been true for a while.

Soooo what else. Rick destroyed the Hispanic Shane wannabe and I was like YAY but the dude that came at him with the bat... he just left him for walkerfood in that courtyard. Perhaps there will be some pitfalls in the Ricktatorship.

I am happy to see that Lori and Carol are both working on redemption, Carol by finding something useful to do besides whine and Lori by coming to terms with how shitty of a human being she was for a while. I found myself a little pissed off at Rick for the "we're all grateful" line because... well regardless of where she and Rick are right now, she's as much a part of that group as he is, although he is the de facto leader. I just wonder how much of his pushing her away is because he's hurt by her, to keep himself objective or because he doesn't want to hurt her.

WHO IS IN THE WOODS? You know who I think is in the woods? And has been in the woods like the whole time? Mother fucking MERLE DIXON. Son of a bitch. I wonder what'll happen when he and Daryl meet-up again, now that Daryl is so ingrained within the group.

Araciel
10-22-2012, 06:15 AM
Meh, I just can't wait for The Governator to arrive.

Also what's all this 'trout' talk now!?

Del Murder
10-23-2012, 06:40 AM
Just watched the first episode. So far this is better than 95% of last season. I'm encouraged.

Miriel
10-23-2012, 07:56 AM
foa, what TV shows are you watching if you think this is the best? :(

I knew the show was back, but I had really little interest in watching after the trainwreck of season 2. BUT, I thought the first episode this season was fantastic. Only like... 2 things bugged me. Success! From beginning to end, I thought it was a great episode.

I commented to Del Murder as we were watching that they must have taken those winter months to "train the stupid" out of these people, because they were much better at taking down the zombies, working together, not being annoying, etc.

Slothy
10-23-2012, 07:16 PM
Okay so my heart is fine because so far Herschel is okay. I lost it when Maggie was telling him it was okay to die. I don't know how many of you have experienced significant loss - I know I haven't lost anyone as important as a parent - and I just don't think I could be that brave. I think the hardest part of coping with death is the ability to "let go" of the person who is dying or has died. I can't put that thought into sensible words right now, but you guys get what I'm saying, right? Anyway, Maggie is far and away my favorite lady on the show right now - and let's be honest that's been true for a while.

ITT: FOA proves she's actually a big softy. But seriously, I'm glad Herschel is seemingly okay because I like Herschel and who the hell else is going to teach them to farm otherwise? Can't say I lost it when Maggie was telling him it was okay to let go though, but that's more because I'm a soulless bastard and have little problem with that.

Soooo what else. Rick destroyed the Hispanic Shane wannabe and I was like YAY but the dude that came at him with the bat... he just left him for walkerfood in that courtyard. Perhaps there will be some pitfalls in the Ricktatorship.

A man making unilateral life and death decisions to keep his family safe with little regard for who he has to kill to do it? Nah, a situation like that never runs into problems. :)

I am happy to see that Lori and Carol are both working on redemption, Carol by finding something useful to do besides whine and Lori by coming to terms with how shitty of a human being she was for a while.

Aside from almost shooting Rick in the foot Carol seems awesome now, and is being entirely practical with the cadaver practice. And Lori acknowledging she is a terrible person was awesome and immediately elevated my opinion of her slightly.

WHO IS IN THE WOODS? You know who I think is in the woods? And has been in the woods like the whole time? Mother fucking MERLE DIXON. Son of a bitch. I wonder what'll happen when he and Daryl meet-up again, now that Daryl is so ingrained within the group.

I keep getting the sense from the previews that Merle is with the Governors group, but who can say for sure. I do know he'd fit right in there. Interesting thing I saw Robert Kirkman mention in an interview was the fact that we've never seen Merle and Daryl on screen together. We've got a sense of what their lives were like before the zombie apocalypse and what kind of men they were before, but it will be interesting to see if only because Daryl has clearly grown to be an important part of the group and has changed quite a bit while Merle is likely still a complete ass and is likely a bit sore over the whole hand thing.

foa, what TV shows are you watching if you think this is the best? :(

Quiet you. :twak:

Rantz
10-23-2012, 09:04 PM
I haven't read the comics but I smell one of those precious brotherhood stories coming where Daryl kinda sides with his brother for a while but in the end he's the one who takes Merle out cause that's just how it's gotta be.

These first two episodes have been great. Excited for this season.

Slothy
10-23-2012, 10:04 PM
Daryl and Merle were actually created for the show so they weren't (and still aren't) in the comics. I wouldn't put it past them to make one gank the other though.

Shauna
10-24-2012, 01:14 PM
Daryl and Merle were actually created for the show

Thank god. Only redeeming part of the past two seasons was Daryl. xD

And dammit EoFF, I am now watching season 3. :|

Slothy
10-24-2012, 03:31 PM
Thank god. Only redeeming part of the past two seasons was Daryl. xD

Bite your tongue. Aside from Lori continuing to live and breathe the second half of last season was awesome. And to counter your implication that the stuff from the comics made last season bad, Sofia going missing and them hunting for her didn't happen in the comics. In fact, the whole thing with Carl getting shot and them leaving the farm was over and done in the span of a few issues, then they found the prison, and went back to the farm to tell Herschel and the others about it and bring them with them. If anything, I'd guess that the blame for the inconsistency of last season lies with the switch in show runners part way through.

Shauna
10-24-2012, 04:10 PM
I never meant to imply that the stuff from the comics is bad. I've not read the comics, so I am speaking solely from a watching the TV show perspective. I have heard the comics are fantastic, though - much better than the show, and if I could I'd probably give them a read.

All I meant by my comment, was that I honestly thought that Daryl was the best character, because he didn't send me into a quiet rage at every turn. Without him in it, I honestly don't know how far I would have watched this. :p (Actually that's a lie, I am bad for watching TV shows even if I don't enjoy them that much. :s)

That all being said - the first two eps were not so bad. I enjoyed them. Shall see how it goes. :3

Slothy
10-24-2012, 04:23 PM
If you ever have the feeling that things drag on a bit too long on the show then you might prefer the comics. They move at a more brisk pace, especially early on actually. And most characters don't survive long enough to become annoying. :)

Shorty
10-25-2012, 09:46 PM
Finally caught up with all of this trout. The first few episodes of this show have been amazing so far. I was hesitant to pick it up because as Bunny said, the first half of season two dragged on forever and I lost interest in general because of that for a while.

- Michonne freaked me the smurf out when I first saw her. Something about her dragging those smurfing zombies behind her leads me to an insane amount of curiousity and I want to know more about her. I thought it was a dude at first under that cloak. Surprise! It's a badass lady who is reminiscent of Zoe from Firefly.
- Love Andrea, love that she's alive.
- Bringing Herschel on a raid to clear out the cell block was the stupidest smurfing idea ever. Should have asked themselves "who's going to deliver the baby if he's dead? answer: no one." I like Herschel a lot more in this season.
- Lori is stupid as smurf for trying resuscitation when Herschel could have turned at any moment but I guess it saved him in the end, so hurray. I like Lori a lot more in this season than the other two. The end of the latest episode centering in on hers and Rick's relationship really threw me off. You people have been through so much and suddenly it's all apparently gone? I don't understand what's happening.
- I don't like Rick's attitude with his dictatorship mentality of this season. He's becoming Shane and I don't like it.
- Merle is definitely in those smurfing woods. If it's him, I'm curious as to how he managed to avoid the hoard of zombies that overran the farm (because he was most likely there as well) and how he managed to find and track everyone down. Then again, Daryl is an excellent tracker, so I can only assume he is, too.
- Daryl is still the best part of the show and I love him.
- There's got to be more trout hanging about in that prison and I'm curious.

Probably the best season so far for me.

Miriel
10-25-2012, 11:15 PM
The end of the latest episode centering in on hers and Rick's relationship really threw me off. You people have been through so much and suddenly it's all apparently gone? I don't understand what's happening.

I know right? Did I miss something? When did Rick decide that he loathes Lori? I thought that he forgave her for the whole sleeping with his friend thing?

Lori is a god damn sexist useless idiot, but what she can't be blamed for is smurfing another guy when she was assured that her husband was DEAD. Is there something else he hates her for? And why did Carl decide he hates his Mom too, or is he just being a bratty little kid?

Shorty
10-25-2012, 11:38 PM
Whichever one of them brought up "we can't just get divorced and split all our assets etc" I was like THAT CAME OUT OF LEFT FIELD.

I thought he was over the Lori/Shane thing, anyway. I don't see how he would bring it up to haunt her with it - he didn't seem that type before.

Slothy
10-26-2012, 02:24 AM
- I don't like Rick's attitude with his dictatorship mentality of this season. He's becoming Shane and I don't like it.

The fact that he still doesn't want to kill living people tells me he's not really becoming Shane. Though if he goes down a similar road to the comics he will still do some god awful trout if need be.

As for the Rick and Lori thing, the reason he's still pissed is not because she slept with Shane. It was her reaction to him killing Shane that drove a wedge between them considering she basically told him to do it. Apparently they've never rally had the chance to work things out over the course of the winter.

Shorty
10-26-2012, 03:59 AM
He straight up went and killed those prisoners, though, for no real reason. Sure, the main leader dude was trouble, but I still think that the "old" Rick would have given him an extended amount of chances.

Araciel
10-26-2012, 07:51 AM
The relationship is over cause she's turning Rick into something he hates, and something that doesn't need a wife.

Though I don't see why they're going this way and I fear he's gonna' turn into bitch-Rick again.

Slothy
10-26-2012, 12:46 PM
He straight up went and killed those prisoners, though, for no real reason. Sure, the main leader dude was trouble, but I still think that the "old" Rick would have given him an extended amount of chances.

And he would have regretted it. We're talking about someone who was eventually forced to kill his best friend for the good of the group. He may not like having to kill people a whole lot, but he's obviously moved on from the whole "I don't want to have to kill people so I'll keep giving you one more chance," to "I don't want to have to kill you, but god damn it, if you keep threatening everyone, acting like an idiot who's going to get someone killed, and throw a zombie in my face, you're done."

As for the other guy, yeah, he probably could have let him live, but in the heat of the moment he sided with the psycho prisoner and for all they know might have tried to kill them later on or cause some other kind of trouble. I probably would have done the same (except I might have at least done him the courtesy of putting a bullet in his head). But I'm a bit of a cold hearted bastard and if it's the zombie apocalypse it is not the time to take chances, get messy, and make mistakes Miss Frizzle.

Shorty
10-27-2012, 06:55 AM
It's true. I understand his reasoning and I agree with it, I just think it goes differently from how Rick's character has been ingrained to me in the first two seasons.

fire_of_avalon
11-03-2012, 06:04 PM
So I just saw last week's episode today because of bad weather here.

The Governor ain't no good dude, but MERLE is back wtf.

Also what's going on with the zombie aquarium?

CimminyCricket
11-03-2012, 07:03 PM
The man is clearly insane.

Shorty
11-03-2012, 10:10 PM
I'm so curious, oh my god! At first I had speculations that >all heads are cut off, >Michonne cut the heads off her zombies, >maybe she cut the heads off the rest and The Governor has been looking for her for some reason?

But Rantz said that the one on the top was the guy from the helicopter, and she definitely didn't do that.

Super curious about The Governor. Something is up his sleeve.

I liked that this episode was about Andrea and Michonne. Not one word from Rick and the group.

CimminyCricket
11-03-2012, 10:20 PM
Really? While I liked that there was a lot of story centered around those two I also wanted to hear from Rick and his group. It's not a big deal, though. If they had spent any time away from Michonne (<3) and Andrea it wouldn't have made the time they spent on that story worth while.

fire_of_avalon
11-05-2012, 02:34 AM
ALL OF THESE HORRIBLE THINGS HAPPENING IN THE PRISON ON A DAY THAT WAS GONNA BE GOOD.

THIS IS A BUNCH OF CRAP.

WHO IS IN THERE?

I AM SO MAD.

EDIT: T-DOG IS DEAD. T-DOG IS DEAD AND I HATE THE WOOOOOORLD.

EDIT 2: ;_____________________________;

CimminyCricket
11-05-2012, 03:30 AM
AUGH WAY TO SPOIL IT YOU BUTT MUNCHING MEANIE PANTS. WHY WOULD YOU NOT PUT THAT IN SPOILERS??? I HAVE READ THE COMICS AND I HAVE STILL NOT SPOILED A SINGLE THING FOR ANY OF THE PEOPLE IN THIS THREAD. T-DOG, DESPITE WHAT YOU MAY HAVE HEARD, IS NOT IN THE COMICS. WAY TO SPOIL LIFE FOR ME FOA YOU SPOILED LIFE FOR ME

Araciel
11-05-2012, 05:44 AM
The governer mentioned that his scientist friend thinks pieces of peoples' minds may still be intact when they're zombies...

...so aquarium maybe isn't so mysterious.

Madame Adequate
11-05-2012, 06:02 AM
I haven't seen the most recent episode yet (THANKS FOA :mad2:) but I just watched the one prior to that and yep, think I'm going to hate the Governor on screen as much as I do on page. Megalomaniacal moron who kills a bunch of army dudes who are obvious pretty tough on account of A) being in the army and B) surviving this long? All to ensure his own hold on Woodbury? I'm not mad at the betrayal or the lies or anything, I'm just mad at how stupid it is. You don't kill a good seven or eight guys who know how to kill shit and have the strength, stamina, and general toughness to survive in that world, you god damn USE them. So yeah I hate the Governor because he is a megalomaniacal idiot, it's so great :excited:

Del Murder
11-05-2012, 06:15 AM
Why are you guys checking this thread on the day the episode airs? It's clearly stated that unmarked spoilers will be thrown about this thread.

So it looks like today was 'get rid of the useless characters day'. This was a season finale-caliber bloodbath and it's only the fourth episode!

Miriel
11-05-2012, 06:52 AM
I didn't even like Lori and I still lost my trout when she was saying goodbye to Carl, and then again watching Maggies's reaction and more tears with Rick's reaction. ;_;

Such an intense episode! Oh my god.

So sad about T-dog, but I should have known he was a goner as soon as he was given actual full sentence lines. Poor T-Dog! Hey Show, you do know you're allowed to have more than one black male character, right? I mean Jesus, did they really just kill off one black guy to replace him with another black guy? I hope thats not the case.

Andrea continues to annoy. I want Michonne to leave her ass and go off without her.

The Governor is boring, the worst sin to commit on a tv show.

I'm sure Rick is going to feel like a total asshole for essentially causing the deaths of Lori and T-Dog (who, by the fucking way, WAS NEVER GIVEN A REAL NAME?!) by not making sure that other prisoner was dead. I thought leaving him to be eaten by zombies was so fucking cruel of him. Shane level cruel. And look, it comes back to bite them in the ass. Idiot.

Freya
11-05-2012, 02:54 PM
I liked that he was hitting walkers with golf balls.

t-dog :(

Lori :D

Poor Carl had to do the act :(

Rick looks like he's gonna go crazy.

Araciel
11-05-2012, 03:16 PM
Yeah, looks like...I think I hear a phone ringing ....

Del Murder
11-05-2012, 06:44 PM
I think they literaly killed T-dog because they had another black guy to replace him with.

Lori was much more shocking. Would have thought they would make her and Rick make up before they offed her.

Rick's poor decision on how to handle that other convict literally came back to bite him. He will likely go insane now which should make for good television.

In terms of TV show comebacks after miserable second seasons this ranks up there. Very gripping season so far and I can't wait until the stories merge and Rick's group screws up another peaceful settlement (led by a psycho but you take what you can get).

Miriel
11-05-2012, 07:16 PM
The huge spike in quality from Season 2 is almost shocking. Way to turn it around!

Araciel
11-05-2012, 09:59 PM
I...

to those of you who haven't, pick up the comics.

Chris
11-05-2012, 11:18 PM
My god, those last five minutes. :crying:

Flying Mullet
11-05-2012, 11:26 PM
I wonder if this season will end up being the "redemption" of Merle, as was the case for Daryl in season two.

Araciel
11-05-2012, 11:31 PM
I somehow doubt it...

fire_of_avalon
11-06-2012, 02:06 AM
I didn't even like Lori and I still lost my trout when she was saying goodbye to Carl, and then again watching Maggies's reaction and more tears with Rick's reaction. ;_;

So sad about T-dog, but I should have known he was a goner as soon as he was given actual full sentence lines. Poor T-Dog! Hey Show, you do know you're allowed to have more than one black male character, right? I mean Jesus, did they really just kill off one black guy to replace him with another black guy? I hope thats not the case.

Andrea continues to annoy. I want Michonne to leave her ass and go off without her.

I'm sure Rick is going to feel like a total asshole for essentially causing the deaths of Lori and T-Dog (who, by the smurfing way, WAS NEVER GIVEN A REAL NAME?!) by not making sure that other prisoner was dead. I thought leaving him to be eaten by zombies was so smurfing cruel of him. Shane level cruel. And look, it comes back to bite them in the ass. Idiot.
T-Dog's name was Theodore. I can't remember when they tell us that, but they do.

I don't think the show-runner's are basing characters on a quota system of races. I think they're trying to personally hurt me because I really liked T-Dog a lot.

As a rule I don't cry much, but what Lori said to Carl before she died made me lose my mind. There are things we just can't say to people until we're put in a no-win situation - and isn't that awful? How could life have been different for so many months between her and her son if she could've said it before.

Carl has come a long way from the little boy who wouldn't stay in the house.

Also I just want to hug and hug and hug and hug everyone. That would be my job in the zombie apocalypse. To hug people.

Madame Adequate
11-06-2012, 03:05 AM
For the record I wasn't actually meaning to complain about unmarked spoilers being in a thread with a giant UNMARKED SPOILERS label on it because I am not an idiot :p I was just playin'

Why did they do that to Theodore Doggophilus though :( He was the best character that isn't Daryl. RIP in peaces, TWD

Miriel
11-06-2012, 03:18 AM
T-Dog's name was Theodore. I can't remember when they tell us that, but they do.

I don't think the show-runner's are basing characters on a quota system of races. I think they're trying to personally hurt me because I really liked T-Dog a lot.

Was his name really given on the show? I know he was named Theodore simply from reading it online, but I didn't know it was ever actually given on the show.

And if this were another show, you maaaaybe can give them the benefit of a doubt. But given how problematic The Walking Dead has been with the whole T-dog token black guy thing, I would be really surprised if they didn't seriously feel that they had already met the black character quota and wouldnt introduce another black character without getting rid of the existing one.

Rantz
11-06-2012, 06:33 AM
I don't have a problem with unmarked spoilers, but I'd like it if we could announce when we're starting to discuss a new episode. I'm not great at keeping track of when new episodes air so I forget when to stop reading. But maybe that's just me, in which case feel free to disregard this. (It's also nice when you're catching up on a show you're behind on to not have to finish the season before reading the thread, though)

I wasn't that distraught about T-Dog, to be honest. I was kind of surprised he didn't go when he got his arm cut open on that car door in season 2. He never really seemed to be given a distinct personality. Lori though, that scene wrecked me ;_____;

Shlup
11-06-2012, 08:51 AM
Some of you just don't understand how tokens work. Glenn is my favorite, so if another Asian shows up I'm gonna be freaking out.

I really didn't expect Lori to die. I was in denial right up until Carl shot her. That whole thing was really well written and directed. When Rick just got up close and looked at Carl I about died.

Depression Moon
11-06-2012, 07:23 PM
I missed the last episode can anyone help me out

Shlup
11-06-2012, 11:15 PM
Tip: Use the internet.

Flying Mullet
11-06-2012, 11:52 PM
And Google "Eyes on Final Fantasy The Walking Dead, Season 3 (UNMARKED SPOILERS)". You should be able to find an episode recap there.

fire_of_avalon
11-07-2012, 12:19 AM
Rantz, if you ever see me post on a Sunday night, you can guess it's new episode time. But I think whoever makes the first post about a new episode can just put a little disclaimer in there. Like EPISODE FIVE, WE ALL CRY A BUNCH.

Some of you just don't understand how tokens work. Glenn is my favorite, so if another Asian shows up I'm gonna be freaking out.

I really didn't expect Lori to die. I was in denial right up until Carl shot her. That whole thing was really well written and directed. When Rick just got up close and looked at Carl I about died.
First off, word to Glenn. I don't know that he's my favorite anymore, because Daryl is the right mix of good guy and douche bag, but he's up there and we need to hear from him more.

The C-section scene was very intense and very sad, but also hopeful. It's astounding that Lori could so readily accept death in order to protect the life she was bringing into the world. I don't think it's a thought process that's unique to her, I'm sure there are far too many mothers are faced with that decision, but the fact that she still believes enough in the world, in her new family, in Carl and most especially in Rick, to bring such a fragile but important thing through at the sacrifice of herself... that's powerful.

I watched one of the mini-documentaries on the website that said one of the goals of this season was to find Rick's breaking point - and that this is probably right around where he loses it. I think a lot of people have difficulty grieving for people whose death they don't experience first-hand. I hope that in the end, he realizes she was able to make the decisions she did because she trusted him again.

ALL THE FEELS EVER.

Del Murder
11-07-2012, 12:22 AM
If she needed a C-section, pretty sure she would have died in childbirth anyway. Prior to the birth it showed blood coming from down there which implies something ruptured and she was a goner at that point.

fire_of_avalon
11-07-2012, 12:59 AM
I meant more the whole process of carrying the baby. Maggie cutting her open and essentially killing her was just the culmination in what I imagine to be a 9 month process of coming to terms with her own mortality, after she'd decided against aborting. Essentially I think she's known that one way or another the pregnancy or the baby would more likely kill her. But maybe not. Maybe she thought if Hershel could save Carl, then he could do anything.

Chris
11-07-2012, 01:41 PM
My mate won't admit to sheeding a tear, but he did. Crying 'bout something as intense and heartbreaking as the last episode, is not emasculating at all. :colbert:

CimminyCricket
11-07-2012, 11:37 PM
I won't lie to you, I hated Lori. I hated her face. But seeing the reaction of Carl and Rick was just D;
They need to pay whomever plays Rick more money, because up until he did that fall down and fetal position thing, he had me balling like a baby. It was intense. T-Dog dying was just kind of, eh. He never really got any character development and he wasn't a very good real world replacement for the Terrell in the comics where I love the character.

Agrias
11-08-2012, 04:05 AM
AMG I was crying sooooo much just now.

Watching Rick hover around the baby without so much as commenting on it. I think he's going to feel the need to reject the baby.

As for Lori, I couldnt imagine what it would be like going through a situation like that. She was so excited by the end of it, seeing hershel walk around again.

And then there was Carl. Oh boy. That boy has seriously done some growing. He really stood up in this episode, and i liked it. The carl that always left the fucking house no longer exists.

My nose is plugged from the crying. D;

Jojee
11-08-2012, 05:01 AM
Huh, I'm still on season 2 but I skimmed this anyway. :p Anyway I'll be done with season 2 in about 2 days. Glad Michonne shows up! And did someone say Dale's dead? Kinda disappointed that Dale/Andrea didn't happen! I guess that's too scandalous for the TV show :p

Shorty
11-08-2012, 06:10 AM

I'm sure Rick is going to feel like a total asshole for essentially causing the deaths of Lori and T-Dog (who, by the fucking way, WAS NEVER GIVEN A REAL NAME?!) by not making sure that other prisoner was dead. I thought leaving him to be eaten by zombies was so fucking cruel of him. Shane level cruel. And look, it comes back to bite them in the ass. Idiot.

Miriel about sums up my thoughts! Except I legit like Andrea :(

I'm so glad I wasn't the only siss tearing up at this last episode. I can't believe how emotional I got. It was sad as Lori was talking to Carl, and then got sadder, and then OH MY GOD and Maggie choking and sobbing just threw me over the edge. Rick's reaction was heartbreaking.

I am going to speculate here and suggest that Carl did not actually shoot Lori. We didn't see it happen, there is room for doubt. This show has played on that before (MERLE).

Speaking of, I quite like Merle. I'm hoping that he's going the Daryl route. He seems to have calmed down quite a bit. I think he'll be okay if he meets up with the group. Here's to hoping.

Can't wait to see what the next episode brings.

Araciel
11-08-2012, 02:25 PM
Merle is clearly NOT like his brother.

Who knows though...

Freya
11-08-2012, 02:38 PM
I was excited lori was dying :shifty:

FFIX Choco Boy
11-08-2012, 08:25 PM
I also thought sweet justice was served to me on a silver platter when Lori died. In my opinion, she never contributed a single thing to the group but bickering, the burden of a pregnant woman, and now, a baby. Great. She never had a likable personality, not even good looking, just overall a character I hated from episode one.

T-Dog dying, like has been said before, didn't really affect me. He's always been a very minor character, so I never could get attached to him.

However, I think I know the real reason they killed him off. For Merle. You guys really think he could have come back to the group for any sort of redemption while BOTH T-Dog and Rick were still a part of it? I don't. He would have killed one, maybe both, of them, and either tried to take control, or ran off on his own again, possibly with Daryl. But now, I think that he'll be able to reconcile with Rick, instead of having to deal with two people that he hasn't liked since he met them.

Oh, and I hope Carl is next.

Madame Adequate
11-08-2012, 09:21 PM
Merle is clearly NOT like his brother.

Who knows though...

Yeah but we never saw Merle except when everything went to shit in Atlanta. In Woodbury he's clearly still a rough and vicious guy, but he's also clearly got a great deal of loyalty to his brother and, course though he is, he's been pretty decent towards Andrea (and vice-versa). He's a racist jackass who hates taking orders, but that's not insurmountable. Daryl wasn't exactly the nicest guy to start with either and now he's completely indispensable to the group, and not at all unwelcome. That said I doubt Merle's going to forget the whole "handcuffed to a roof" thing in a hurry, especially as he can't take it out on T-Dogg anymore.

Shiny
11-09-2012, 04:18 AM
Even though Lori is a cheating whore I still got teary eyed at her death. I didn't really feel anything when T-Dawg died mostly because it all happened so suddenly and he was a meh character. I felt mostly bad at Lori's death because her son had to witness it. I like the direction they're going in though -- swaying away from the horrible writing in the comics. I never liked the whole Lori gets shot in the stomach and crushes the baby thing. That dude honestly writes for shock value only which makes the comics severely lack depth. In the comics Maggie also gets preggers, but it seems instead of getting pregnant she might just be taking care of Lori's baby. I hope, cuz I'd rather not have a pregnant Maggie she's way too awesome to have that weigh her down.

Michonne not leaving Andrea is most likely strength in numbers and Michonne knows Andrea is strong. Andrea was able to gtfo of the farm by herself before Michonne saved her ass. They need each other and they know it. Michonne on the other hand, was traveling with people (living people) before she met Andrea most likely as hinted when that weird tea guy says she knew the zombies she was enslaving.

Plus Andrea is smurfing awesome. Yes, she's a bit naive, but Michonne is paranoid as smurf even though I know it's good reason. The Governor is not to be trusted. Still if you have some where with food, shelter, water, obviously you'd be hesitant to leave. Andrea is just going with her Rick Grimes instinct to fortify at a "safe" haven.

In the end all of these people with exception to inevitably Carl and Michonne (most likely) will be dead so I'm not going to bother getting too attached to them.

Kirobaito
11-09-2012, 06:51 AM
I don't know how anyone can get distressed when a character dies in this show, because they are collectively pretty completely un-compelling. I've seen every episode and I still don't even know everyone's names. They're "Rick," "wife," "kid," "cancer woman," "black guy," "farmer guy," "blonde," etc.

I still watch it, though, if only know what everyone else is talking about. I thought the episode with the Governor was the best one they've done. I actually felt like watching it!

Miriel
11-09-2012, 11:07 PM
Even though Lori is a cheating whore I still got teary eyed at her death.
Lori was a lot of things (useless, sexist, hypocritical, bad mother, etc) but cheating whore wasn't one of them. When you are told that your husband is dead, that's that. Especially since prior to explicitly being told he was dead, you knew that he was comatose in a hospital overridden with zombies and there is no fucking way he should have survived. Was it smart for her to shack up with Shane? Hell no, but it wasn't cheating and she wasn't being a whore.

Madame Adequate
11-10-2012, 06:12 AM
Yeah seriously what on earth is that Shiny :Oo:

Also anyone who doesn't know T-Dogg was the best thing on this show and indeed television just doesn't know anything about TV.

FFIX Choco Boy
11-10-2012, 06:31 AM
Also anyone who doesn't know T-Dogg was the best thing on this show and indeed television just doesn't know anything about TV.

No, I did not know this. He didn't really have enough screen time for me to have been informed of it.

fire_of_avalon
11-12-2012, 12:57 AM
SHINY. NO COMIC BOOK SPOILERS. Oh god. ;____________________;

CimminyCricket
11-12-2012, 02:29 AM
DON'T READ THE COMIC SPOILERS THEN

fire_of_avalon
11-12-2012, 03:47 AM
Cim, I edited the spoiler tag into her post. Before that it was just out there.

So. Episode 5. I didn't think Lori's death could get worse.

But it did.

I hate that I already know what the phone is all about - because I like to do research - but I'm interested to see where they go with it.

Also, Andrea needs to listen to Michonne. I'm worried for Michonne, not that she's alone out there, but that some of the people from Woodbury are gonna follow her and kill her and make her a walker for the fights.

I'm not quite sure what's happening with the women's names? I mean I get that little walker is the Governor's daughter (probably) but... who are the women? Was Penny that welcome wagon gal from an earlier episode? Is he killing Welcome wagon gals, for some reason?

I still just want to give everyone a hug.

Also, L'IL ASSKICKER.

FFIX Choco Boy
11-12-2012, 04:59 AM
Is it bad that I'm still really excited that Lori's gone? I feel like I just wanna dance on her grave.

...Maybe my dislike for her goes a bit beyond the "healthy" level.

But I think this was the best episode this season so far. We finally saw the storyline with Andrea and Michonne make some real movement, instead of just arguing back and forth, got to see the Governor's bad side again, and... no Lori. Oh, I'm so excited for the rest of this season!

Depression Moon
11-12-2012, 05:06 AM
Can't wait for that next ep!

Freya
11-12-2012, 05:55 AM
Wheres carol? Did I miss them finding her dead or something? or are they just assuming?

CimminyCricket
11-12-2012, 06:04 AM
They're just assuming. Hell, the last we saw of her she ran through the door next to where T-Dog died.

Freya
11-12-2012, 06:22 AM
When watching that end arena thing "So this is what WWE becomes in the zombie apocalypse eh?" after he said it was fixed haha

Flying Mullet
11-12-2012, 03:04 PM
Wheres carol? Did I miss them finding her dead or something? or are they just assuming?
They're "forcing" the death of Carol so that we forget about her and it's a shocker when she shows up again.

Shiny
11-12-2012, 04:43 PM
Lori was a lot of things (useless, sexist, hypocritical, bad mother, etc) but cheating whore wasn't one of them. When you are told that your husband is dead, that's that. Especially since prior to explicitly being told he was dead, you knew that he was comatose in a hospital overridden with zombies and there is no smurfing way he should have survived. Was it smart for her to shack up with Shane? Hell no, but it wasn't cheating and she wasn't being a whore.
Yes she was not a cheating whore. I said that for effect. But she is pretty fucked up considering right after shacking up with Shane she goes and sleeps with Rick while her son is in the friggin room. On top of that she goes and treats Shane like crap after all he did for her and her son. They are both horrible people. I loved when Rick got his karma after leaving that guy with a bunch of zombies and treating Lori like crap. Rick's time will come.

Depression Moon
11-12-2012, 09:48 PM
When watching that end arena thing "So this is what WWE becomes in the zombie apocalypse eh?" after he said it was fixed haha

No boxing is fixed and wrestling is fake.

Iceglow
11-13-2012, 10:40 AM
I know right? Did I miss something? When did Rick decide that he loathes Lori? I thought that he forgave her for the whole sleeping with his friend thing?

If I remember rightly wasn't this around the time Rick discovered she'd attempted to abort his child?

Also season 3 so far is pretty damn cool. Merle I think is going to end up having a reckoning with Rick but I suspect it'll be Daryl who kills Merle.

What's with the telephone though?

Shlup
11-13-2012, 12:04 PM
Lori was a lot of things (useless, sexist, hypocritical, bad mother, etc) but cheating whore wasn't one of them. When you are told that your husband is dead, that's that. Especially since prior to explicitly being told he was dead, you knew that he was comatose in a hospital overridden with zombies and there is no smurfing way he should have survived. Was it smart for her to shack up with Shane? Hell no, but it wasn't cheating and she wasn't being a whore.
Yes she was not a cheating whore. I said that for effect. But she is pretty fucked up considering right after shacking up with Shane she goes and sleeps with Rick while her son is in the friggin room. On top of that she goes and treats Shane like crap after all he did for her and her son. They are both horrible people. I loved when Rick got his karma after leaving that guy with a bunch of zombies and treating Lori like crap. Rick's time will come.

First you call her a cheating whore, then you can't fathom why she would be less-than-nice to the man who lied to her about her husband being dead. Where is your empathy, woman? :aimmad:

Slothy
11-13-2012, 12:19 PM
What's with the telephone though?

Wait for the show to explain it because we're not allowed to talk about spoilers from the comic or FOA will punch us in the gonads with righteous fury.

Madame Adequate
11-13-2012, 09:50 PM
Welp this show ain't fucking around anymore

Freya
11-17-2012, 07:31 PM
I feel I should share Bear McCreary's videos about some of the soundtracks.

Here have him discuss the Governors theme.

qcozR_3dtSI

Also how about that crushing lori death :( Want to know why it made you cry? WELP THE MUSIC.

mMywJB3rIwM

Shiny
11-17-2012, 07:45 PM
Bear is an amazing composer. I wouldn't say Nobou Uemtsu amazing, but his work on the Battlestar Galactica series and this one has been phenomenal. One of my friends from uni is obsessed with him, and got me into him a few years before The Walking Dead came out. I was excited when I saw his name in the opening credits and I'm excited to see what else he has in store.

Yes she was not a cheating whore. I said that for effect. But she is pretty smurfed up considering right after shacking up with Shane she goes and sleeps with Rick while her son is in the friggin room. On top of that she goes and treats Shane like crap after all he did for her and her son. They are both horrible people. I loved when Rick got his karma after leaving that guy with a bunch of zombies and treating Lori like crap. Rick's time will come.

First you call her a cheating whore, then you can't fathom why she would be less-than-nice to the man who lied to her about her husband being dead. Where is your empathy, woman? :aimmad:

It's hard to have empathy for a fictional character that's so trite and useless. I said I still got teary when the bitch died since her son was right there; that should be enough.

Shorty
11-18-2012, 05:25 PM
I smurfing love this show. When I saw The Governor brushing hair I thought OH MY GOD HE'S BRUSHING ONE OF HIS HEADS but nope. Still creepy, though.

Was that entire list a list of women's names? I wonder what the hell is up with that. I definitely think Penny is his daughter, but this show is so good at twisting things around lately, it could be his wife or sister or something.

also uh, when Rick found the birthing scene and that walker there, was it implied that it ate her? or something? I'm still skeptical because I didn't see Lori get shot and I haven't seen a body. Still think she's going to pop up somewhere as a walker. Perhaps the same thing about Carol - I don't know how she could survive.

I have to say that it's refreshing how much the entire group wants to keep the baby alive.

Pretty sure weird stuff is going to start happening in The Governor's town now that Michonne is left and Andrea is there alone. I honestly didn't see what the big deal about the ZOMBIE SMACKDOWN stuff was - sure it's barbaric, but it's not... evil, I guess. As long as people aren't dying, I don't see a reason for it to not happen. I think Andrea overreacted and I'm curious to see what else she's going to find that will turn her against The Governor.

poor michonne ;-; come baaaaack!

Slothy
11-18-2012, 05:38 PM
poor michonne ;-; come baaaaack!

Trying not to spoil anything, but let's just say that if things unfold even remotely like they did in the comics, the last place Michonne should ever want to set foot again is Woodbury. Don't go back Michonne. Just fucking run.

Shorty
11-18-2012, 06:37 PM
Thanks a lot, jerk. Now I'm pining for the next episode even more than I was before!

omg so curious ;-;

Slothy
11-19-2012, 12:42 AM
If I'm a jerk for making people more excited to watch this show then I will gladly accept the title.

FFIX Choco Boy
11-19-2012, 12:51 AM
I said I still got teary when the bitch died since her son was right there;

I cheered like a giddy schoolgirl, same as when Sephiroth delivered sweet justice at the end of disc 1 of FFVII.

EDIT:

also uh, when Rick found the birthing scene and that walker there, was it implied that it ate her?

I don't think you totally got the scene. The walker WAS Lori. Carl didn't have the heart to shoot her. That was the whole reason Rick went back into the block, because he knew neither Carl nor Maggie could have done it.

CimminyCricket
11-19-2012, 01:26 AM
It was too decomposed to be Lori! She wasn't dead but 10 minutes by the time Rick got in there and I don't think that walker ate her either, they've never eaten bones before. I don't know what the hell that was. :c\

FFIX Choco Boy
11-19-2012, 01:44 AM
It was Lori. The distended stomach, because she was pregnant. He stares into its eyes and it shows Lori. It has the same facial structure and stuff. I don't know about the decomposition, but I'm 99% positive it was her.

CimminyCricket
11-19-2012, 01:51 AM
I know Lauri didnt have the biggest rack on her, but amc wouldn't show them on television. That walker didnt have a shirt on and Rick pulled up a bloody bullet from where Lauri's head was. That walker ate all or most of her.

FFIX Choco Boy
11-19-2012, 01:56 AM
Hmm, maybe I just don't remember the scene very well. Too much joy in the potential of seeing her die again, could have made me imagine it...

CimminyCricket
11-19-2012, 02:00 AM
Yeah, it happens. Also that walker was definitely wearing pants xD

FFIX Choco Boy
11-19-2012, 03:05 AM
Next episode starting here.

I just wanna start off by saying, Andrea, no... Just, no... That's terrible.

And is Rick, like, hallucinating the calls, and Herschal is just letting it happen? Because there was no dial tone on that phone at all.

CimminyCricket
11-19-2012, 03:19 AM
Herschal is an awesome enough guy that he knows that some people need to get over things in strange, strange ways. I am soooooooo excited for Michonne to finally team up with Rick and I'm very scared for Glen's chica. So, so scared. :C

Shiny
11-19-2012, 08:40 PM
Carl did shoot Lori. She did not turn and that was not her that got stabbed in the stomach. The scene happened too fast to be clear but I am sure that the walker he stabbed in the stomach was not Lori. As for the phone calls...;)

Freya
11-19-2012, 09:02 PM
Rick went crazy! That's what's with those! Also michonne should have fucked merle up at that point when he grabbed glenn. Like he wouldn't have seen it coming. fuck you merle.

FFIX Choco Boy
11-19-2012, 09:24 PM
Yeah, I feel that Merle is going the path of Shane: Beyond redemption.

CimminyCricket
11-19-2012, 11:06 PM
I see where they're going with Merle and I am excited.

Madame Adequate
11-20-2012, 03:12 AM
Holy shit I thought they might be taking Merle in a nicer direction and then nope.

Formalhaut
11-20-2012, 05:56 PM
I wonder how the group will respond to Michonne. She's just turned up at the front gates unannounced with a katana, and stuff Glenn and Andrea were required to find. It's not exactly going to be positive..

McLovin'
11-20-2012, 07:08 PM
So Merle probably gets the info about Daryl's whereabouts from Glenn and attacks the prison and probably chops off Rick's hand instead of killing him. Maybe Daryl kills Merle in the end.

Flying Mullet
11-20-2012, 07:14 PM
Michonne leaves with Rick to rescue Glenn and Maggie. After Merle learns the location of the prison, through a series of plot twists, he and Carol end up together, raising Rick's baby. Rick and Michonne are captured by the Woodbury people and Rick ends up being forced to fight in the zombie arena where Michonne has been turned into one of the surrounding zombies. I totally made that up. :p

Shiny
11-22-2012, 12:38 AM
Merle was already on the path of no redemption he is and has always been a giant asshole.

Araciel
11-22-2012, 12:40 AM
Racism = evil in all media, so I always knew he'd be turning out this way.

You think nice guys make a bladey-hand?

Depression Moon
11-22-2012, 01:19 AM
Carl did shoot Lori. She did not turn and that was not her that got stabbed in the stomach. The scene happened too fast to be clear but I am sure that the walker he stabbed in the stomach was not Lori. As for the phone calls...;)

The walker he stabbed in the stomach ate Lori's body. Also that episode got me pumped up. I can't stand Merle's racist ass! He's been so mind controlled by the governor that he'd rather kidnap Glenn and his girl than see his brother.

Michonne remains badass. I was really hoping she was going to kill that redneck and help Glenn out, but it's understandable she was suffering from a gunshot wound.

fire_of_avalon
11-25-2012, 04:00 PM

I cheered like a giddy schoolgirl, same as when Sephiroth delivered sweet justice at the end of disc 1 of FFVII.

EDIT:

also uh, when Rick found the birthing scene and that walker there, was it implied that it ate her?

I don't think you totally got the scene. The walker WAS Lori. Carl didn't have the heart to shoot her. That was the whole reason Rick went back into the block, because he knew neither Carl nor Maggie could have done it.
No, the Walker Rick found was not Lori. It had eaten Lori. It's stomach was distended because there's a grown-ass woman inside of it.

Herschal is an awesome enough guy that he knows that some people need to get over things in strange, strange ways. I am soooooooo excited for Michonne to finally team up with Rick and I'm very scared for Glen's chica. So, so scared. :C
If the Governor hurts Maggie then I'm going to have to hunt down David Morrissey and hurt him.

McLovin, I already said there were to be no comic book spoilers in this thread. Spoiling the comic for people not only detracts from their future or current readings, it ruins things the show might have in store for those who aren't going to read the comics.

So let me make this a little more clear. If any of you put comic book spoilers in the thread and spoil anything from the future of the TV show, I will end you. If you want to talk about the comic book make a new thread.

Araciel
11-25-2012, 04:40 PM
Those flaring nostrils...

FFIX Choco Boy
11-25-2012, 05:46 PM
FoA's a bad ass. She'll do it.

McLovin'
11-25-2012, 07:22 PM

EDIT:

No, the Walker Rick found was not Lori. It had eaten Lori. It's stomach was distended because there's a grown-ass woman inside of it.

If the Governor hurts Maggie then I'm going to have to hunt down David Morrissey and hurt him.

McLovin, I already said there were to be no comic book spoilers in this thread. Spoiling the comic for people not only detracts from their future or current readings, it ruins things the show might have in store for those who aren't going to read the comics.

So let me make this a little more clear. If any of you put comic book spoilers in the thread and spoil anything from the future of the TV show, I will end you. If you want to talk about the comic book make a new thread.

I was just guessing cas it's easy as fuck to predict. Thanks for spoiling it for me tho.

NorthernChaosGod
11-25-2012, 08:54 PM
I've finally caught up on the show to be able to read this thread. :squee:

FFIX Choco Boy
11-26-2012, 03:10 AM
Well, Glenn has earned his badass status today. And I'm the kind of person that finds going after another man's girl positively REVOLTING, so the Governor earned a lot of hatred from me today.

fire_of_avalon
11-26-2012, 03:20 AM
Yeah, when Glenn headbutted Merle I was pretty much thrilled. I hope Merle gets his brains stirred up a little bit before he goes.

So we know from the preview for next week that Daryl is aware Merle is in the town. We're also apparently going to have a Michonne vs. Andrea thing going on too. I really hope the Governor dies in some awful, painful bitey way.

I also am so worried about Daryl, Glenn or Maggie getting killed off in this episode, just to make everyone miserable. If any of them die in Woodbury I don't think I could come back to the show.

Also, they're splitting the season up again, which makes me absolutely crazy. So apparently the second half of season three won't air until February? That is awful and hurts my heart.

FFIX Choco Boy
11-26-2012, 04:10 AM
They better have a DAMN good half season finale, on par or better than Season 2's zombie Sophia.

Shauna
11-26-2012, 12:03 PM
on par or better than Season 2's zombie Sophia.

I dunno about anyone else, but I saw that coming a mile off. :/ I guess in my opinion it won't be hard to be better than that. xD

But despite my original reservations, this season has been a lot more enjoyable than the past two and I am actually excited to see what happens in the mid-season finale. :3

FFIX Choco Boy
11-26-2012, 01:38 PM
I saw it coming, too, but to me, just because I saw it coming doesn't mean it was bad. In my opinion, that scene was done VERY well, even if I predicted it from the moment they showed us the walkers in the barn.

Araciel
11-27-2012, 05:21 AM
Well in the comic..

Rantz
11-27-2012, 07:21 AM
What's up with mid-season finales becoming a thing?! Either finish the season or don't ffs >:O

Also this show is so tense. So. Tense.

Freya
11-27-2012, 07:25 AM
We were having an argument, in my viewing party, on who would win in a straight up fight, Merle or Glenn. Then Glenn kicked that zombie's ass WHILE taped to a chair so the argument was dropped with an obvious winner.

Miriel
11-27-2012, 08:39 AM
It's really frustrating to me that Michonne doesn't use words to communicate. Instead she glares. All the time. Non-stop.

With Andrea, she could have easily communicated her why she felt the need to get out of the town instead of just being being like, "WE *glare* HAVE TO *glare* LEAVE" without giving further explanation. I think there was a point where Michonne actually smirked or smiled, but she did it while simultaneously glowering. Bizarre.

And with Rick & Company, she obviously came with the baby formula for a reason. So what the smurf is with all the glaring and refusal to talk? Dude, you came to them. Use your words! It's like she spits out words like they were teeth. Precious and need to be kept jammed in her mouth. Why didn't she tell them about Merle? About the fact that the two kidnap victims were taken because apparently, Merle's brother was with that group. Arggh. Just talk, dammit! Talk to each other! Have dialogue!

Glenn was flawless in this episode. The almost rape scene with Maggie was so hard to watch. I hope the Governor has a slow painful death. Worse than any of the deaths given to past characters. Just really really bad. Maybe force him to eat his own dick before he dies. Yeah!

Andrea... ugh. I can't even with her. I dislike the character and I dislike the actress. No offense, but please die soon.

Shlup
11-27-2012, 08:41 AM
I want to run over Michonne with a tank.

SOMEONE SAVE GLENN ALREADY!

FFIX Choco Boy
11-27-2012, 01:52 PM
I as well hate Michonne. And Carl is kind of growing on me. I have a new character I want to die next, even though it probably won't happen, seeing as how she hasn't really been around long enough to get much out of her.

I like Andrea, though, but she IS stupid.

Freya
11-27-2012, 04:57 PM
Carl has really come into his own this season. He was such a pansy when lori wouldn't let him do anything but now since they taught him how to shoot he's a little badass.

Madame Adequate
11-27-2012, 06:51 PM
Yeah someone really needs to sit down with Michonne and tell her to USE YOUR WORDS!

CimminyCricket
11-27-2012, 09:20 PM
I feel like she had more to say during her introduction in the comics.

fire_of_avalon
11-28-2012, 12:13 AM
I feel like Michonne's silence is indicative of the fact that they're all she really has with which to barter. If she gives them all the information up front Team Rick may react differently than normal. Plus Merle's brother is part of their group - you know Merle who hunted her like an animal and shot her? While I would trust Daryl implicitly with gold, jewels, ovaries and babies, I can see why she wouldn't warm up to them immediately. She doesn't know the whole backstory.

I think she'll speak more in the second half of the season.

Steven Yeun is just an incredible physical actor on top of being gorgeous. I felt a real sense of terror while he was going up against the walker while being restrained.

And while I completely agree with Miriel regarding how hard the almost rape scene was to watch and how much pain I hope the Governor experiences, I just have to say damn, Maggie. What a badass.

Andrea is always walking this line between redemption and sucking. Right now she's tilting towards the suck side, but who can blame her? She's a bad judge of character but she's also safe. Meh. Meeeeeh.

Miriel
11-28-2012, 12:39 AM
I feel like Michonne's silence is indicative of the fact that they're all she really has with which to barter. If she gives them all the information up front Team Rick may react differently than normal. Plus Merle's brother is part of their group - you know Merle who hunted her like an animal and shot her? While I would trust Daryl implicitly with gold, jewels, ovaries and babies, I can see why she wouldn't warm up to them immediately. She doesn't know the whole backstory.

But that doesn't make any sense. If the scenes had played out without the plot contrivance of willfully keeping characters in the dark, then Rick & Co would have grilled Michonne relentlessly to find out EVERYTHING she knew, before they attempted a rescue.

This is coming off the loss of two of their people due to allowing outsiders into their lives. This random lady could easily have been one of the kidnappers. How were they to know whether they could trust her? They would have demanded to know everything, like especially WHO took Glenn and Maggie? What did he look like? How did it happen? Oh what? They seemed like they knew each other? He has a brother? He only has one hand?!

Plus, she can keep her guard up will still using the power of speech.

It seems to me that the portrayal and writing for the character of Michonne seems to be "silent but deadly" but it's not working. It's aggravating. And does not make for a compelling character. I do hope she evolves into a more dimensional character because I really need some more females on this show to root for.

Depression Moon
11-28-2012, 03:02 AM
You cray, Michonne is the best!

Madame Adequate
11-28-2012, 06:44 AM
Yeah I think "So the guy who took your friends kept saying he had a brother here. Guy's name is Merle. Mean anything?" Is kind of an important thing to tell people if you're relying on them to go kick some asses with you, because otherwise when he finds out in the middle of a tacticool assault shit might go bad. And even if Michonne wasn't willing to offer that up on a plate, Rick and friends would have grilled her pretty hard to learn everything possible, just like Miriel says.

Plus she and Andrea spent months together, and Andrea explicitly says she told Michonne everything. Things like a bunch of names of people who weirdly enough match up with the group you just found. Most of Season 3 has been incredibly kickass but they're kind of hamfisting it with Michonne in an effort to create dramatic tension where there are much better, less contrived ways to do so.

Shorty
11-28-2012, 07:00 AM
This latest episode is the first time I felt real hate and contempty toward The Governor. I was absolutely shocked and kept thinking "no, he wouldn't" with the Maggie scene - you ladies are right, it was getting hard to watch.

Glenn really surprised me with his bad-assery. His character has only become better over time.

I'm so glad I'm not the only one finding Michonne a little irritating! At first I was all YEAH SHE'S AN AWESOME BADASS and I understand that having the lone wolf rogue sort of thing is a part of her style, but she's seemed pretty unappreciative of the help that she's been given, including the help that the town gave to Andrea.

I must say that I had more hope for Merle. It's true that he's a racist asshole, but I had kinda hoped that he had changed a little bit with the separation of the group and stuff. Oh well.

Poor Andrea is going to have her happy little fantasy destroyed.

Anxious for the season finale, though I can't believe it's already over :(

CimminyCricket
12-03-2012, 04:15 AM
Midseason finale. More in February.

Helluva great episode.

FFIX Choco Boy
12-03-2012, 04:37 AM
Daryl...

And I wish Michonne had just killed the Governor, or that Andrea would stop being so blind to his schemes. Maybe Daryl being captured will help with it, but I really hope he isn't killed. I may have to stop watching if he's killed.

fire_of_avalon
12-03-2012, 04:49 AM
I realized, just now, that this is the first time we've seen Daryl and the REAL Merle on-screen together. Daryl's hallucinations from season 2 totally don't count.

I'm going to say it, and I'm going to get hated on for it, but Michonne. Was. Wrong. She behaved exactly the same way Shane did in the season 2 mid-season cliffhanger when she killed the girl. Except I guess this was more vengeance than a powerplay. The more I watch her, the more I realize that I have to appreciate her as a badass, but she's not really what you'd call a good-guy. Yet anyway.

I think Daryl is gonna have to kill Merle. Which is okay by me because Daryl is kind of sweet and Merle is a super douche.

Is Tyrese important? I feel like that name has come up before.

Poor Oscar. :( The audience could handle a cliff-hanger with no deaths, you know. Stupid.

Also, team badass strikes again with Maggie and Glenn. Beat us. Scare us. Threaten us. Shame us. Take our weapons and sic walkers on us. And we will STILL find a way to kill your people.

FFIX Choco Boy
12-03-2012, 05:05 AM
Oh, yeah, I'm ashamed to have forgotten about Glenn and Maggie. They are so awesome, now. And I hope one of those two get to kill the Governor, if anybody does.

Depression Moon
12-03-2012, 05:09 AM
I can't wait till February!

Freya
12-03-2012, 05:15 AM
Seems like the one black man per show is still true.

McLovin'
12-03-2012, 09:14 AM
hahaha thats exactly what I thought. the casting people are just like "put some black people on the show so we can kill em off later! and then get me some new black people damnit"

Shlup
12-03-2012, 09:52 AM
GODDAMMIT MICHONNE USE YOUR WORDS. AND YOU KILLED YOUR DAMN HOSTAGE. YOU ARE THE STUPIDEST FUCKING STUPIDASS CHARACTER EVER AND I FUCKING HATE YOU.

Had the same thought. :/

Araciel
12-03-2012, 03:51 PM
lolol Michonne is now called Mich-moron.

Also, I wanna marry Maggie.

Madame Adequate
12-04-2012, 04:05 AM
As soon as I saw Tyreese I knew 2-Dogg was done for :(

Glenn is a hard core mother SMURFER

fire_of_avalon
12-04-2012, 04:25 AM
2-Dogg xDDDDDDDDDDd that's awful, don't say that.

Michonne was out to break the Governor into little itty bitty pieces and she did. Do you think she's just gonna tell everybody that's what she was aiming for? Like that'll earn her some trust? Nah.

Also, everyone hates Andrea but I think she's just trying to find a way to live and be purposeful. And she does a bad job of picking fuckbuddies, yes, but to be fair most women do. She isn't malicious and she isn't stupid. She just trusts too easily.

Also, I almost forgot! Shane! While I know it wasn't the real Shane it was a total mindfuck to see Shane just strolling around Woodbury. And Jon Bernthal has gotten a lot hotter with the beard.

Freya
12-04-2012, 08:30 AM
And Rick didn't hesitate really to kill him for the second time. I mean he had the "wait wtf was that shane?" moment but then BAM dead. He must have really hated shane in the end xD

Depression Moon
12-04-2012, 01:42 PM
He did hesitate. If he didn't then Oscar would've lived.

Del Murder
12-04-2012, 06:50 PM
So how many episodes before 3-dogg is replaced?

Of the inmates living in the prison there were 3 black guys, one hispanic guy and one hillbilly. Guess which one survived the longest? :p

Miriel
12-04-2012, 09:12 PM
Jesus Christ. As soon as I saw the new black guy, I made a joke about how this does not bode well for Oscar. I made a JOKE and they fucking actually did it.

I think it's pretty blatant and disgusting. Shame on you, show.

What the hell is wrong with Michonne? Why won't she TALK?! Hey, Andrea, the governor sent people to kill me after I left. He also took prisoner some people I think you might know. I came here with a group of people their names are... etc etc.

I can't even.

All that being said, it was an exciting episode and I can't wait to see what happens with Daryl and Merle.

Glenn continues to be a badass.

Chris
12-04-2012, 09:17 PM
...I'm slowly beginning to hate Andrea.

Shiny
12-04-2012, 09:50 PM
Yeah, Andrea is turning in to such a turd of a person. Even if Michonne did tell her all of the things that she knows happened, Andrea would probably still not entirely believe her because she has a romance with The Governor and she is too comfortable where's she's staying. Methinks this means she is probably going to get killed soon. Get comfortable and you die. Sorry Andrea!

The best thing was Michonne vs. The Governor imo. Someone should probably tell him his daughter was dead before she stuck a sword through her head. ;)

Chris
12-04-2012, 09:53 PM
Andrea was a favorite, now she is dead to me (lol).

I don't care what people say or think. Michonne is badass as hell.

Freya
12-04-2012, 09:58 PM
I like that look of realization on Andrea when they showed Daryl as one of the people who entered. She then knew it was her old party that just shot everyone up. So she shot at people she knew. It's about to get a lot more real for her.

Chris
12-04-2012, 10:00 PM
The thing I hate the most is how they turned her into a love-sick puppy, who will do anything and everything her master commands. She never struck me like that previously. Not even once. They're ruining her character.

Miriel
12-04-2012, 10:38 PM
This is the 2nd time Andrea's shot at her own people. Last time she took out a piece of Daryl's face.

Shlup
12-05-2012, 03:17 AM
Jesus Christ. As soon as I saw the new black guy, I made a joke about how this does not bode well for Oscar. I made a JOKE and they fucking actually did it.

I think it's pretty blatant and disgusting. Shame on you, show.

What the hell is wrong with Michonne? Why won't she TALK?! Hey, Andrea, the governor sent people to kill me after I left. He also took prisoner some people I think you might know. I came here with a group of people their names are... etc etc.

I can't even.

All that being said, it was an exciting episode and I can't wait to see what happens with Daryl and Merle.

Glenn continues to be a badass.

I agree with all of this with great enthusiasm. I am actually really bothered by their revolving door of black guys.

Madame Adequate
12-05-2012, 06:52 AM
The thing I hate the most is how they turned her into a love-sick puppy, who will do anything and everything her master commands. She never struck me like that previously. Not even once. They're ruining her character.

That's exactly what she has been like throughout the entire show. Almost everything she's done has been predicated on which big strong man is currently making eyes at her. TV Andrea is completely retarded and it's terrible because comic Andrea is stone cold.

Not as stupid as Michonne though. Like Miriel said there are ANY NUMBER of things that could be said by her that are important. Like "Oh hey Andrea I think I found that group you used to talk about." or "After I left they sent four guys after me to kill me. See this bullet wound on my leg?" or "That Merle guy kidnapped a couple of people at knifepoint." or "Hey Andrea I know this looks bad but HOLY SHIT THE GUY HAS A WALL OF WALKER HEADS IN FISHTANKS!" or god only knows what else. A whole lot of this season is balls-to-the-wall awesome but so much of it is predicated on Michonne being the most annoying idiot possible.

In closing The Walking Dead is Black Man Highlander, sooner y'all accept that the happier y'all will be.

G13
12-05-2012, 07:09 AM
I thought I was the only one who didn't care for Michonne. My girlfriend keeps raving about how badass she is and I can't help but think how convenient she is for dragging out this conflict with the Governor.

Tell Andrea what's going on
Kill the Governor
Take Andrea, meet up with your posse, rescue Daryl, run away to the prison
Boom, zombie-apocalyptic fairytale beginning to another wacky adventure

I've seen like four episodes of this series, so take my suggestion with a fist-sized rock of salt. :greenie:

Ouch!
12-05-2012, 07:09 AM
MILF and Miriel have got the point that's been bothering me all season. Everyone was so stoked about Michonne joining the show, but she's probably my least favorite character (even Andrea bothers me less because, at this point, I'm used to it). They've tried to play up Michonne as the survival-first type who's only doing what's in her best interest. The only problem, they've taken the loner archetype so far with her that it's directly and adversely affecting her chances of survival. She constantly puts herself in antagonistic position with everyone she meets.

When she went to the prison and met Rick and company, she could have mentioned that she knew Andrea. But she remained stubbornly quiet and caused them to mistrust her. She could have told Andrea that the Governor had lied to her an imprisoned two people she knew and the whole "terrorist" group was them reclaiming their own captured people. It really is a bit disappointing how so much of the conflict is perpetuated by how stubbornly stupid she's being.

Araciel
12-05-2012, 07:35 AM
But in the last five minutes of the ep she was all

Yeah, Japanese sword or not...bleh.

NorthernChaosGod
12-05-2012, 10:20 AM
I like that look of realization on Andrea when they showed Daryl as one of the people who entered. She then knew it was her old party that just shot everyone up. So she shot at people she knew. It's about to get a lot more real for her.

God, if she doesn't redeem herself in the next episode I'm going to flip. Even if Michonne refuses to fucking talk (even though she really, really, really should) there is now pretty damning evidence that the Governor is a psychopath and Andrea should have nothing to do with him. She's been pissing me off so much with how willing she is to ignore shit just to live comfortably in Woodbury.

They keep replacing black guys like it's going out of style or something. Wtf, man?

Rantz
12-05-2012, 02:03 PM
listen here I was thinking

what if

listen!

what iiiiif michonne is both badass

AND idiotic???

Seriously I don't know why everybody's taking different camps on this one, the two are not mutually exclusive in any way. xD

Shlup
12-05-2012, 02:13 PM
I'm not sure I can grasp the concept of a badass moron who's going to get herself killed because she can't use her fucking words and wastes opportunities to achieve her goals by killing her own hostages.

Rantz
12-05-2012, 02:49 PM
For examples of badass morons, see: any action movie ever.

Madame Adequate
12-05-2012, 05:36 PM
To be fair to Andrea I'd probably overlook a lot of shit as well after the previous year or so of hell. I mean you've got hot water, food, lights, security. Compare that to how she was beforehand, huddled in the back of some store, sick, cold, with some crazy chick who never speaks but has two zombies on leashes. I don't think that sticking with the Guv is a priori unreasonable. But they make it look like she's there because she's a Grade A idiot rather than because she's actually accepting bad/crazy shit in exchange for what it gets her.

And Michonne is not a badass. Daryl is a badass. Carl is a badass. Michonne is what a kid thinks would be awesome whilst Daryl is what an adult thinks would be awesome. Drawing her ~HANZO STEEL~ to chop up zombies is nice and all but it doesn't excuse the tremendous amount of idiocy she's committing every single minute.

fire_of_avalon
12-06-2012, 03:38 AM
So how many episodes before 3-dogg is replaced?

Of the inmates living in the prison there were 3 black guys, one hispanic guy and one hillbilly. Guess which one survived the longest? :p
My people are of hardy, methamphetamine resistant stock. But that lesbian comment? Man. Let's hug the stereotypes.

I agree with this. She's accustomed to Michonne being aloof and stubborn, but Andrea chose life in season 2 and she wants to live it. So she's blinded herself to the little cues of fucked up stuff that's going on. If you don't think most people do the same thing for a little security, poll some Americans and ask them what the NDAA is.

MILF and Miriel have got the point that's been bothering me all season. Everyone was so stoked about Michonne joining the show, but she's probably my least favorite character (even Andrea bothers me less because, at this point, I'm used to it). They've tried to play up Michonne as the survival-first type who's only doing what's in her best interest. The only problem, they've taken the loner archetype so far with her that it's directly and adversely affecting her chances of survival. She constantly puts herself in antagonistic position with everyone she meets.

When she went to the prison and met Rick and company, she could have mentioned that she knew Andrea. But she remained stubbornly quiet and caused them to mistrust her. She could have told Andrea that the Governor had lied to her an imprisoned two people she knew and the whole "terrorist" group was them reclaiming their own captured people. It really is a bit disappointing how so much of the conflict is perpetuated by how stubbornly stupid she's being.
I probably like Michonne because I would probably think a lot like Michonne at first. She doesn't want to reveal any information that could give someone the upper hand over her. For example, she could've mentioned that Andrea was in Woodbury and she thought there was a connection to the group in the prison. But then Rick & Co. might've tried to approach the situation diplomatically, reaching out to Andrea if possible and getting their people out. This would've been a big hindrance to Michonne's plan to fuck up The Governor. She needed support getting back to Woodbury and a distraction once she got there. She used Rick's group, and that was bad. Now, though, I think she'll realize that was a mistake. She, like a lot of characters, are at a turning point where they have to if they'll trust the right person or if they'll screw up.

It would be interesting to see which character type we'd all align with, given similar circumstances. We're not all Ricks, Maggies, Glenns and Daryls. Some of us would be Hershels and Beths. Some of us are probably Merles.

Ohh, that's interesting to think about.

FFIX Choco Boy
12-06-2012, 04:52 AM
I'm a Shane, without the insane power grubbing. I know the logical thing to do, and won't let morality get in my way during such situations, but I would also respect whoever the leader of the group was, and probably their wishes, too.

Del Murder
12-06-2012, 05:03 AM
I'm a Shane, without the insane power grubbing. I know the logical thing to do, and won't let morality get in my way during such situations, but I would also respect whoever the leader of the group was, and probably their wishes, too.
You're Shane without most of the qualities that make him Shane?

Shiny
12-06-2012, 05:26 AM
listen here I was thinking

what if

listen!

what iiiiif michonne is both badass

AND idiotic???

Seriously I don't know why everybody's taking different camps on this one, the two are not mutually exclusive in any way. xD
I totally concur with this. You can be a badass idiot. A badass idiot can jump off a roof to catch a killer, and then fall to their death because they forgot their parachute. Just as an example. So yeah, Michonne might actually be short lived if she keeps being this silly. Witholding information and trusting no one doesn't exactly mean you will survive. Obviously she needed Andrea or she wouldn't have brought her along? Or she thinks Andrea is a hot piece of ass...either way.

Del Murder
12-06-2012, 05:41 AM
I only hope she has a really badass death. Like, fighting 1000 zombies single-handedly while the rest of the group escapes to safety and she manages to kill 700 of them before her sword wars down to a stub and she's forced to *punch* her way through the next 200 zombies until her fists are bloodied and finally she charges head first into the last 100 and detonates a hand grenade barrel of napalm that blows the entire city of Woodbury back to the stone age.

Rantz
12-06-2012, 07:59 AM
I hope Del Murder writes and direct the series finale.

Chris
12-06-2012, 11:09 AM
I have never equated being silent with being stupid. Michonne's obviously doing everything she can to keep herself distanced from everyone, so no one can get the upper hand on her. I don't think that is being stupid. Quite the contrary. I think it's quite smart, and probably what I'd do.

So, I don't understand why anyone could possibly accuse her of being stupid.

Iceglow
12-06-2012, 02:32 PM
Going by the sneak preview you get during the credits for the half season finale, it seems like there's a clip of the Governor standing in the arena with smoke grenades going off, so I reckon Rick and Michonne will have gone back for Darryl however whether Darryl insists on them saving Merle too?

FFIX Choco Boy
12-06-2012, 05:07 PM
You're Shane without most of the qualities that make him Shane?

No, I'm Shane with all the qualities that make him Shane, except I wouldn't always be nipping at Rick's heels all the time.

krissy
12-06-2012, 10:44 PM
having read the comics well beyond this point it is really interesting to read your guys's comments.

i haven't watched since episode 2 of season 1 honestly. but i wonder how they're keeping it rated anything less than R. probably taking a lot of stuff out.

Del Murder
12-06-2012, 11:11 PM
It's TVMA, I'm sure.

FFIX Choco Boy
12-06-2012, 11:35 PM
You know, they actually don't show much gore or anything except for the occasional feeding frenzy, which really only happens every 4 episodes or so.

Miriel
12-06-2012, 11:39 PM
having read the comics well beyond this point it is really interesting to read your guys's comments.

i haven't watched since episode 2 of season 1 honestly. but i wonder how they're keeping it rated anything less than R. probably taking a lot of stuff out.

The Walking Dead is rated TV-14 instead of TV-MA.

Sexual content as well as using the word fuck seem to get things pushed into the mature territory, whereas grotesque violence does not. This is true for movies too. Gore and violence usually get a R rating, and a guy going down on a girl gets a NC-17 rating. America is weirdly accommodating of depictions of violence.

Del Murder
12-07-2012, 12:43 AM
TV14 for that trout? The smurf?

FFIX Choco Boy
12-07-2012, 12:51 AM
The United States of America: The land where it's perfectly fine to sensor love, and perfectly fine to screen and advocate violence.

LunarWeaver
12-07-2012, 01:40 AM
Season 3 has been much better than 2. I enjoy the pace more. The prison stuff is fun, as is the governor. There are lot of things I like. The Internet isn't for liking trout though, it's for bitching about stuff you voluntarily watch. NERD RAGE, ohoho.

I've read the comics and as a fan I can't help but compare and be mad at what they ruin because I'm one of those people. I understand taking liberties. Hell, I want them to. I don't want a shot-for-shot remake of a story I already know. But there's a difference between liberties for your adaption and rewriting characters entirely for no reason. If the Harry Potter movies made Harry a coward, Hermione a moron, and Ron have no sense of humor, I'd be pretty pissed about that too.

So with that said, yeah... Andrea and Michonne are two of my favorite characters in the comics. Michonne is guarded, sure, but she always seemed calm and collected more than hostile. They sort of avoid her at first, but she wasn't necessarily unapproachable either. No wizard said, "It's dangerous to go alone!" and threw that sword at her. She explained where it came from and her zombie slaves without caring too much. Some of her conversations with Rick and Carl are actually quite sweet. Introducing her to the group in a different way than the comics kind of left no time for that progression, fine, but that doesn't mean they should leave it all out either. Make the most of the scenes you have. Don't make her stare at people! Maybe they took the criticisms that their females characters were always whining and never helping to the extreme. I thought Michonne would be nearly impossible for the show to smurf up, so hats off for managing.

Andrea's good qualities were given to Daryl. He stole half her personality. His capabilities, priorities, and loyalties that make him fun are supposed to be hers. They have been so in love with their original creation that they would rather other characters be dense if it means he gets another cool scene. They messed her up from the start and have nowhere to go now. I don't even know what her personality is anymore.

The way they have handled these two is extra aggravating when I look at a character like Maggie. I think she is written pretty well in the third season so far. It took them getting past season 2, but they got it eventually. She has a nice balance of flaws to make her interesting and strengths to make her likable. You know, the basic foundation for an actual character. Most of the fellas get this already, and she proves the ladies can too.

Or I'll just get over it. Maybe that.

Shorty
12-07-2012, 08:00 AM
Fucking Andrea. Fucking Michonne.

Formalhaut
12-07-2012, 05:33 PM
Well, mid-season break now. Joy. Smurfing breaks...

fire_of_avalon
02-11-2013, 02:20 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

FFIX Choco Boy
02-11-2013, 03:06 AM
Smurfing Lori, just stay dead.

fire_of_avalon
02-11-2013, 04:06 AM
I'm afraid Glenn is going to die in the next episode.

I know how he goes out in the books but he was on the couch on Talking Dead tonight and he is trying to get Michonne to take him back to Woodbury and in the season 3 pt. II trailer you see Michonne driving Rick someplace ALONE and maybe Glenn goes there and dies while Rick is trying to get him back.

And if that happens I will probably just stop watching. I can't take much more of this sad bad times.

Slothy
02-11-2013, 01:44 PM

I know how he goes out in the books but he was on the couch on Talking Dead tonight and he is trying to get Michonne to take him back to Woodbury and in the season 3 pt. II trailer you see Michonne driving Rick someplace ALONE and maybe Glenn goes there and dies while Rick is trying to get him back.

And if that happens I will probably just stop watching. I can't take much more of this sad bad times.

Having read the entire comic book series, I think I can safely say I am immune to sad bad times and will keep watching regardless of who dies.

Shiny
02-13-2013, 02:01 AM
America is weirdly accommodating of depictions of violence.

You can say that much...that's horrible. We're way too blase about violence and too strict on sexuality.

McLovin'
02-15-2013, 02:22 AM
Premiere episode sucked. Rick's a bitch.

FFIX Choco Boy
02-15-2013, 03:50 AM
So, Merle... Redemption, or are him and Daryl going to be alone for a long time?

Freya
02-15-2013, 04:59 AM
I think Daryl is gonna be all "BRUDDER" then after a bit he'll be all "God you suck I'ma go back."

Shlup
02-15-2013, 05:24 AM

I click on things because I'm stupid. If you're right then I'll probably lose interest in the show pretty quickly. Then again, True Blood paid no mind to who died in the books.

fire_of_avalon
02-17-2013, 04:12 AM
I want to say things that detract from my theory, because I think it's only a slight chance, but if I say more things and you read them then you may come into nonspecific knowledge you should not come into, so I am going to pull up my cloak and be mysterious.

Shlup
02-17-2013, 11:35 PM
That you for accommodating my utter lack of self-control.

FFIX Choco Boy
02-18-2013, 02:52 AM
Queen - &#39;Another One Bites the Dust&#39; - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rY0WxgSXdEE)

Might as well make it the new theme song for the series.

Depression Moon
02-18-2013, 04:08 AM
What the hell happened to Tyrone's group

Madame Adequate
02-19-2013, 03:28 AM
Tyreese and co. hustled when Rick boarded the train to Crazytown. I had assumed they'd get into a guard tower or something but I guess they bugged out of the prison entirely.

Also I ain't wastin' no bullets on any strangers who ain't fellatiated my piece.

Dixon Brothers Forest Adventure was the best.

Formalhaut
02-20-2013, 06:25 PM
I fear for Glenn. Is all I'm going to say on this episode. When a character calls you 'reckless', that's a one way trip to getting killed.

Madame Adequate
02-20-2013, 07:19 PM
Glenn's fine, we've not seen another Asian character yet.

Rantz
02-20-2013, 07:24 PM
Don't be too sure - the new token only needs ten minutes of screen time before they can make the switch.

Formalhaut
02-20-2013, 07:40 PM
Who do you all think are risking death then?

FFIX Choco Boy
02-20-2013, 07:45 PM
Glenn.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
02-20-2013, 08:49 PM
Smurfing Lori, just stay dead.

"Ricks going craaazzzaaayy"

Whenever I talk about the show to a walking dead fan at work I always say that sentence like:

Crazy - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54I9qmr3pu4)

Chris
02-21-2013, 12:41 AM
I still hate what they have done to Andrea. She was my favorite character, now she's a fucking bitch. I hate her. :(

Shiny
02-24-2013, 01:36 AM
I can see Andrea dying. Glenn, not so much.

Shlup
02-24-2013, 01:49 AM
I don't get why we hate Andrea.

FFIX Choco Boy
02-24-2013, 04:53 AM
Because people are misunderstanding her character and not able to relate to what she's been through with the person we should REALLY be hating on: Michonne.

Shorty
02-24-2013, 07:09 AM
My interest in this show is fading fast. These longass breaks need to be stopped. The fucking show is twelve episodes and doesn't need no damn break in it.

The break is the first thing that causes me to lose interest. The second is how unbearably shitty these most recent episodes were. I am getting frustrated that there seems to be very little that is happening that actually matters and it is making me not want to finish the season/series.

Formalhaut
02-24-2013, 06:28 PM
The break is the first thing that causes me to lose interest. The second is how unbearably troutty these most recent episodes were. I am getting frustrated that there seems to be very little that is happening that actually matters and it is making me not want to finish the season/series.

The break was indeed annoying. As for the recent episodes, I can sense something building up to a crescendo. I wouldn't lose heart yet Shorty. You've got to have 'build-up' episodes to account for a climatic twist/death/development.

Shorty
02-24-2013, 06:39 PM
If any of that shit happens, it'll be too little too late. I'm not gone yet, but I'm not thrilled.

fire_of_avalon
02-25-2013, 01:55 AM
THIS FANDOM DOESN'T NEED WHINERS, SARAH JEANNE ALSO JEANNE IS YOUR NEW MIDDLE NAME SARAH JEANNE.

I think the last few episodes have been gut wrenching and awesome. Just when something good is about to happen BLAM NO NO GOOD THINGS FOR YOU EVER.

And fuck that guy in the zombie truck. Mother fucker.

Freya
02-25-2013, 03:21 AM
Goddamnit andrea :mad2:

Depression Moon
02-25-2013, 03:43 AM
Andrea is one naive chick! I'm surprised the Gov didn't murder her ass as soon as she came back or when she was about to cut his throat in his sleep.

I'm pissed as hell that Tyrone has switched sides now.

Shorty
02-25-2013, 03:49 AM
THIS FANDOM DOESN'T NEED WHINERS, SARAH JEANNE ALSO JEANNE IS YOUR NEW MIDDLE NAME SARAH JEANNE.

I think the last few episodes have been gut wrenching and awesome. Just when something good is about to happen BLAM NO NO GOOD THINGS FOR YOU EVER.

And smurf that guy in the zombie truck. Mother smurfer.

Is that pronounced "jeanie", "jean" or "jee anne"? Just so I can tell people when saying my new middle name.

fire_of_avalon
02-25-2013, 04:22 AM
Like Jean. Sarah Jean!

I HAVE A THEORY.

Merle is The Governor's man on the inside. I think the whole arena battle between the Dixon's was something Merle knew was going to happen in advance to get someone inside the prison group. As we know, the Governor doesn't like anybody with armaments or with tactical experience. They want their stuff, of course, but not their people. When the Governor realizes how well armed and how good at survival Glenn & Maggie are, he's concerned that he'll lose Andrea yes, but he's also concerned that the prison poses a threat to his idyllic little wonderland that is Woodbury. Maybe some people decide they don't much like it there. Maybe they want to go to the prison. The Governor loses numbers doesn't get to exert that control he's become accustomed to.

The fact that he's now crazy with vengeance over Penny's death at the hand of Michonne, and the fact that Michonne is still alive adds to his determination BUT... but. I think there were moments after the capture of Daryl when he devised a plan. If he drives Merle away with Daryl, then maybe he can find a way to break down the prison from the inside. Maybe Merle can feed him information in the future that will be useful to breaking down the prison group.

So, evidence? Yes, The Governor knew that Daryl existed and knew he was somewhere out in the world. But he didn't know him. Didn't know what he looked like. And Merle doesn't seem the type to carry around a wallet photo of his dear brother and show him off. Now Daryl DOES know that Merle is in the town before gets caught, but do you really think Daryl, after being captured by the people in Woodbury, would be all "Hey captors, my name is Daryl Dixon, have you seen my brother?" I don't think so. That doesn't seem very Daryl-esque. So how else would they know?

We never actually see Daryl get captured, so I question what happened between the capture and Rick et al finding him in the arena. MAYBE DARYL IS IN ON IT TOO. MAYBE HE FAKED ALL THAT STUFF ABOUT RICK. No, I doubt it, because of all the woods talk.

BUT. I THINK MERLE WILL HURT THEM AND IS STILL WORKING FOR THE GOVERNOR.

Also I do not want any of the characters to die. D:

Depression Moon
02-25-2013, 04:31 AM
Eh, I seriously Merle is still working for the Gov.

Shorty
02-25-2013, 04:31 AM
I want to trust Merle but I think he's a smooth-talking snakejackalwolf in sheep's clothing. I think he'll do something bad or show to have bad intentions but sooomehow come through and do something good in the end.

I gotta say, I was pretty sad that the moustachioed prisoner died :(

Shauna
02-25-2013, 11:15 AM
My favourite part of the past episode was when Andrea popped in and was all "Where's Shane and Lori?" and people are all quiet, and then someone cuts in with "T-Dog dies too". It was entirely written like they forgot about the man and had to quickly include him. xD Poor guy.

Shlup
02-25-2013, 11:42 AM
My favourite part of the past episode was when Andrea popped in and was all "Where's Shane and Lori?" and people are all quiet, and then someone cuts in with "T-Dog dies too". It was entirely written like they forgot about the man and had to quickly include him. xD Poor guy.

I also lol'd at that part. But in a sad way. Yes, you can lol in a sad way.

Formalhaut
02-25-2013, 05:08 PM
BUT. I THINK MERLE WILL HURT THEM AND IS STILL WORKING FOR THE GOVERNOR.

Also I do not want any of the characters to die. D:

Having read through all that, I actually quite like that idea. Why else would Merle willingly save Rick? Merle doesn't like Rick after leaving him up there.

I don't want my nice characters dying either D:

McLovin'
02-25-2013, 05:37 PM
Another episode of people talking about how they're gonna do stuff! Seriously, have Michonne out there slaying smurfing zombies in the background. Something to make this show not such a damn soap opera.

Formalhaut
02-25-2013, 05:40 PM
Thing is though, The Walking Dead isn't content with being a RE5/6 style zombie style slaughter-fest.

I like how the Walking Dead takes a step back. It's the thinking man's zombie drama.

Rantz
02-26-2013, 12:30 PM
Mostly I just want the group to have a purpose again beyond just survival. Survival with no end in sight is boring - they should have at least an idea of the next goal. The prison is a great base but they never even go outside for exploration except to gather supplies. Entertain me while struggling to stay alive, damn it!

McLovin'
02-26-2013, 05:12 PM
Exactly Pantz, thank you.

Formalhaut
02-26-2013, 06:23 PM
Mostly I just want the group to have a purpose again beyond just survival. Survival with no end in sight is boring - they should have at least an idea of the next goal. The prison is a great base but they never even go outside for exploration except to gather supplies. Entertain me while struggling to stay alive, damn it!

Actually, yeah. I agree with that! During the first season, they went to that Disease control centre, and there was quite a good set of episodes there. The second season had them looking for Sophia, which was sort of an ongoing thread. Even there tough, they weren't really doing much..

Madame Adequate
02-26-2013, 07:24 PM
Merle has absolutely no reason whatsoever to still be working for the Governor. What? The only thing he cared about beyond himself is his brother (In however fucked up a way) and now that he's reunited with Daryl what possible motivation does he have for working with the Gov?

Freya
02-27-2013, 12:16 AM
I don't think merle will be working for the governor because there hasn't been any internal clashes with anyone in the group since shane. That dynamic of arguments and disagreements adds to the drama. Yeah ricks going crazy but they're gonna need some drama in there after that gets more worked out.

Ouch!
02-27-2013, 05:58 PM
Yeah ricks going crazy but they're gonna need some drama in there after that gets more worked out.
If it gets worked out. Given that the degradation of morality as the world turns to shit is a heavy-handed theme of the show, I wouldn't be surprised to see Rick's character continue to explore how deep down the rabbit hole Rick can go--how much he can handle--before he snaps.

The thing about the Walking Dead is that after the first season, the hope for a cure was abandoned pretty quickly. The characters have resigned themselves not to saving the world from a zombie apocalypse, but adapting to it. I'll be disappointed if they decided to change that approach.

Freya
03-02-2013, 07:13 PM
1995 Intro

9C6tE4Mblks

FFIX Choco Boy
03-04-2013, 03:18 AM
So, yeah. That happened. What happened? Nothing, really. Filler episode. Oh, and we now have a crib, a picture of Rick, Carl, and only-causes-problems, and a ceramic cat.

CimminyCricket
03-04-2013, 03:41 AM
I'm super excited that Michonne finally has some character development. It's not all *glare*. xD

Formalhaut
03-04-2013, 10:07 PM
I'm super excited that Michonne finally has some character development. It's not all *glare*. xD

I agree. Some might see this as a mere filler episode, but I liked it. It filled lots of little loose ends, like with Morgan, but most importantly it really brings out Michonne's character alot more. Carl and Michonne had quite a lovely moment with the picture frame.

Sure, nothing *really* happened, but it had development to it. I rather liked it actually.

fire_of_avalon
03-04-2013, 11:49 PM
So, yeah. That happened. What happened? Nothing, really. Filler episode. Oh, and we now have a crib, a picture of Rick, Carl, and only-causes-problems, and a ceramic cat.
Are you kidding me? This episode was outstanding. A turning point in character development. Probably the best episode of season 3 so far.

Y'all want constant zombie slashing or shooting or Governor killing, but the heart of this show are the characters. Without them, who gives a shit.

This episode stuck my heart in my throat and made me tear up SO HARDCORE. I was like MOOOOOOOORGAAAAAAAAAAN but the fact that he is so crazy and has, like, condemned himself to this Sisyphus-esque task of atonement, made my heart sad. But it really gave Rick perspective on what could be in store for him, if he gets lost with all the ghosts in his head.

Also I did like getting to know Michonne and her penchant for ugly-ass cat sculptures.

Freya
03-04-2013, 11:54 PM
I liked how Rick had to give that speech to morgan. It was like he was echoing what should have been said to him. I think that helped him more than we know. You can tell at the end when he was like "Yeah I see people... want to drive?" He just outright admits he now has a problem which is a hella important thing for his character development.

Ouch!
03-05-2013, 12:19 AM
Undeniably wrong opinion.
Correct rebuttal.

Seriously. The episode wasn't balls-to-the-walls excitement and zombie slaying, but it was by far the best episode of the show in a long time.

FFIX Choco Boy
03-05-2013, 02:26 AM
I wasn't saying I didn't like the episode, because I really did. Just that there wasn't as much happening as there should have been. Most of what happened could have been wrapped up faster, and at the same time allow us to see another storyline going on during the same timeframe. Like, I wanted to know what was happening with the Governor and Andrea. See her really struggle with her choice to kill him or not.

Also, spoilers are allowed without tags in this thread, if I understand correctly. Just not comic book spoilers.

Madame Adequate
03-05-2013, 03:07 AM
Straight up the best episode in forever, and I say that being a pretty big fan of season 3 so far. It was pretty awesome to get a whole episode of character development and seeing all of the characters actually develop. Rick starting to accept his issues, Carl trying to deal with his mom being gone and having to be a little badass, Michonne actually having lines that aren't STAGE DIRECTION: MICHONNE GLARES LIKE SHE JUST SMELLED A FART... it was great.

I also cannot begin to fathom why anyone would want to see anything to do with Andrea except her getting eaten because holy shit she is a terrible character.

As for spoilers yeah but on the other hand, does it really bug you enough that people might be adding a bit of security for anyone who checks the thread without thinking that you're going to comment on it?

Shlup
03-05-2013, 04:19 AM
Michonne made me laugh a whole two times. Best episode ever? Maybe.

Madame Adequate
03-05-2013, 05:50 AM
"Mat said welcome." was the best line

Rantz
03-05-2013, 05:54 AM
I liked the episode a lot, too. Probably the best episode of the season so far. I think Michonne's sudden decision to entrust Rick and Carl with so many words at once was a bit of a sudden turn, but maybe it was around this point during production they started hearing fan complaints about her. I like it, anyway. She can be a badass without being ridiculously mistrustful.

Freya
03-05-2013, 06:02 AM
Well she heard them talking when they were stuck. She probably realized she can't keep going that way.

I didn't like that they didn't even flinch about that hitchhiker guy. Poor hitchhiker guy got eaten :(

Rantz
03-05-2013, 11:35 AM
I didn't like that they didn't even flinch about that hitchhiker guy. Poor hitchhiker guy got eaten :(

Oh shit yeah I meant to comment on that. That just broke my heart. His voice all breaking and stuff T_______________T I mean I get it, but hell.

CimminyCricket
03-05-2013, 01:45 PM
I'm glad that I'm not the only one who noticed that all this dialogue seemed to come from no where. I felt like I was watching something that had already been established.

That guy D:> It was rough, I was all pick him up you have guns make him get in the trunk carl can watch him!!!!!!!

At least they saved his bag, I'd have quit watching if they had left his bag.

Ouch!
03-05-2013, 03:24 PM
Like, I wanted to know what was happening with the Governor and Andrea. See her really struggle with her choice to kill him or not.
Here's the thing, though. Most of the best episodes in the season happen when they pick a few characters and just stick with them for a good chunk of time. It's when they try to do too much exposition for too many disparate groups that the episodes get slow. It's when you get a little bit from here then jump to get a little bit from there that things start to fall apart. What was great about this episode was that it had a complete narrative arc on its own. There was progression for Rick and Michonne, and even some resolution with Rick's interaction with Morgan. In the end, when Rick admitted that he sees his dead wife after Michonne says that she used to talk to her dead boyfriend, there is character development and progress. Plenty happened in this episode. Cutting it down to try and wrap it up faster and slip in some small update about other characters would have cheapened the narrative progression. It would have weakened Rick's character development. It would have weakened Michonne's character development.

FFIX Choco Boy
03-05-2013, 06:04 PM
I see what you mean. I guess that's part of the genius of this show, though. It appeals to so many different types of groups, not every episode will be a good one to everyone. So, I guess we're watching for different reasons.