PDA

View Full Version : Ending of FFX and FFX-2

opn184
10-15-2012, 02:35 PM
What's the difference?

Gamblet
10-15-2012, 02:40 PM
What do you mean by that? Those games stories are quite different.

Cloudane
10-15-2012, 02:50 PM
FFX: Sin dies. Tidus dies.
FFX-2: Vegnagun dies. Tidus comes back to life, provided you whistled in the right places and stuff. Events unrelated.

That's a gross oversimplification though :D

Mirage
10-15-2012, 03:36 PM
FFX's ending is sad and happy at the same time, and displays a realistic (except all the magic and stuff, but this is a fantasy game after all) scenario where you have to make big sacrifices to save the world.

FFX-2's is like a cow taking a dump on FFX's ending.

Formalhaut
10-15-2012, 04:52 PM
Even though X-2's "good" ending is contrived and a hideous use of deus ex machina as a plot device. Still, it does link in with the watery ending of Tidus coming to surface. I did prefer X's ending though, even though I am a huge fan of happy endings.

While I have your attention, I've noticed that most of the later games have a bittersweet ending:

Vivi, well dies..
Tidus was a dream of the fayth, so he disappears..
Seemingly happy, but then XIII-2 changes all that

Roogle
10-15-2012, 06:18 PM
The ending of Final Fantasy X-2 varies depending on your performance in the game.

As others have mentioned, if you fulfill the correct requirements, you receive a happy ending where Yuna and Tidus are reunited.

If you play through the game without meeting the special requirements, Yuna is last seen with her friends riding through the skies on her airship, reflecting on her personal journey. She seems to be happy whether or not she finds Tidus which at least sends a positive message to the player that life goes on regardless of what may happen.