PDA

View Full Version : Folding@home. No, actual folding.

Pike
10-18-2012, 01:33 AM
Are you organized with your clothes? Do you fold them and sort them?

Cause I sure don't. I stuff them into a drawer in a wrinkled up ball.

Except for my shirts. I actually hang those. It's a big step-up for me because for years I had a hamper for clean clothes and a hamper for dirty clothes and I stuffed them into those in a big wrinkled up ball.

What about you guys?

Madame Adequate
10-18-2012, 01:35 AM
Oh god all my stuff is just stuffed into drawers and a wardrobe and just left lying around on the floor. The closest I come to organizing my clothes is that I hang whatever I'm currently wearing on the back of my door 'cause there's some hooks on it so it's easily accessed the next day!

Agent Proto
10-18-2012, 01:43 AM
You glorify being untidy like it's a good thing. Not that there is anything wrong with it. My mom would get mad at me if she spotted any clothes on the floor. I still have a few items of clothes on the floor, but most are stuffed in a drawer or hung in the closet, albeit, not neatly though. :3

Lonely Paper Star
10-18-2012, 01:47 AM
LOL I went into this thread thinking folding=origami. :mog:

Anyway, I fold my sleepwear and put them into drawers, but for the things I wear outdoors, I hang them. I even (roughly) sectioned out my closet. Like, my dresses are in one section and my t-shirts are in another, separated by my nicer blouses. On the other side are my jackets (I loooove jackets) and skirts.

Shoved in the back are clothes I haven't donated yet but don't really want to see right now.

krissy
10-18-2012, 01:52 AM
screw this thread

it reminded me i have a basket full of clean clothes i need to fold

from three days ago

Mirage
10-18-2012, 01:56 AM
I never fold, but my proteins probably do now and then.

I just shove all my clothes into my drawers and closets. Except maybe my "look fancier than normal" clothes.

fire_of_avalon
10-18-2012, 02:16 AM
I HAVE SO MUCH FOLDING TO DO THAT I PROBABLY WILL NOT DO.

But I so should. ;_;

Bunny
10-18-2012, 02:18 AM
I fold my clothes because if I don't my girlfriend hurts me.

Raistlin
10-18-2012, 03:34 AM
I fold nothing. My good suit clothes get hung up in my closet, and everything else gets thrown in a dresser or just left in a clothes' basket.

Sephex
10-18-2012, 03:38 AM
Nice stuff gets hung up. Everything else is in the void called my closet.

Pumpkin
10-18-2012, 04:49 AM
I hang up my dresses and the rest of my clothes are in messy piles in the appropriate drawers. On the other hand, my boyfriend like neatly folded clothes so I fold his clothes as nicely as I can so it makes a good contrast when half of the clothes in the dresser are a mess and they other half are neatly folded. Luckily most of his shirts get hung up so it makes less folding.

Araciel
10-18-2012, 05:30 AM
Fold and put away pants and shirts.

Socks and underwear get tossed in a drawer.

Citizen Bleys
10-18-2012, 06:03 AM
I know when to hold 'em
Know when to fold 'em
Know when to walk away
Know when to run.

My first reaction, though, was "France folds faster than Superman on laundry day"

Quindiana Jones
10-18-2012, 06:51 AM
I worked in a clothes store for years and still have those habits. I don't put any focus on order everything - other than underwear, tops and bottoms, really - but everything is folded pretty damn well. Shirts and suits are hung up, of course.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
10-18-2012, 08:07 AM
Clean clothes: Folded neatly, but towels are the only items I put away immediately after folding them.

Dirty clothes: Laying in piles all around my empty clothes hamper. I figure "Well, I'll just have to dig them out when I separate my lights and darks anyway".

I have a feeling that if I had company more often I'd drop that bad habit overnight.

Laddy
10-18-2012, 09:30 AM
I hang up damn near anything I wear in public.

Otherwise, neatly folded in my dresser because I was taught well. :bigsmile:

Jiro
10-18-2012, 09:56 AM
I have different drawers for different stuff. It all gets folded and put in there. Probably need to try a different method of folding as I get vertical creases down the centre and smurf ironing. Nice stuff is hung up in the wardrobe using gravity as an iron. I often have clothes on my floor but it's hardly as messy as some of you.

Pike
10-18-2012, 10:21 AM
You glorify being untidy like it's a good thing.

I don't glorify it; I just don't care either way. xD

Night Fury
10-18-2012, 10:22 AM
I'm really organised with this stuff. I fold my underwear, my socks, everything!

It easier knowing what is in each drawer!

Denmark
10-18-2012, 10:33 AM
wrinkled-up balls for the vast majority of my clothes. I guess it is kind of a problem.

Shauna
10-18-2012, 10:45 AM
All my clothes are hung up in the wardrobe. Pyjamas, underwear and socks are organised nicely into three drawers. Makes it nice and easy to find all the things I need!

Tigmafuzz
10-18-2012, 10:47 AM
I hang up all of my clothes to keep them wrinkle free. That's what a walk-in closet is for!

I own 30 dresses. I have to hang my trout up.

Somebody's spoiled :p http://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/heart.gif

I'm really organised with this stuff. I fold my underwear, my socks, everything!

It easier knowing what is in each drawer!

I agree with Konata.

Er... Lockharted.

I Took the Red Pill
10-18-2012, 10:57 AM
I don't usually fold, no. Button-up shirts, polos, and sweatshirts are hung up in the closet, but the t-shirts and the rest of the peon garments get no love from me.

My t-shirts are usually wrinkled, though. :wacky:

Shorty
10-18-2012, 06:25 PM
There is currently a laundry basket full of day-old washed clothes that are now cemented with wrinkles sitting in my room. Ask me how much I care.

I fucking don't.

Quindiana Jones
10-18-2012, 06:30 PM
Roughly one eighth of my room during uni was dirty clothes. I had the largest room in my house.

NorthernChaosGod
10-19-2012, 03:19 AM
I'm pretty neat with my clothes. I hang up all my shirts, jackets, coats, and nice clothes up in my closet as soon as I get them from the dryer. I put the rest of my pants, boxers, and socks away neatly in my dresser.

Aulayna
10-19-2012, 03:33 AM
Smart stuff/dresses etc get hung up. Everything else pretty much gets rush folded and piled up.

Shlup
10-19-2012, 03:34 AM
I hang most things and fold my T-shirts. I just do it after they've sat in the dryer for a week...

~*~Celes~*~
10-19-2012, 04:17 AM
when i lived with my parents i would fold and put stuff away. Now it just kinda...sits there till i need it xD we'll totally get it all folded and put away before the baby comes...

Mirage
10-19-2012, 05:41 AM
I'm sure the baby won't care at all!

Iceglow
10-19-2012, 10:29 AM
All my clothes are either neatly folded away and placed in specific drawers depending on item type or else hung. Depending on how bad things are, things might even get ironed before putting in the drawer to save on space (my room has pathetically small bedroom furniture considering the size of the room) I then usually wind up ironing things like shirts when I take them out but unless there's a crap ton of creases t-shirts will be casually chucked on.

Goldenboko
10-19-2012, 03:59 PM
Depends entirely on how lazy I am that particular day.

Faris
10-20-2012, 08:02 PM
It might take me a few days before I get to it but I neatly fold and put my laundry away. I also have a coat rack in my room that I looove. I hang towels, house coat, purses, and some of my sweaters on it. Now if only I had room for a shoe rack...

Zeldy
10-21-2012, 11:12 PM
well seeing as though in my current student house we only got given one tiny wardrobe, I have a few things hang up in there, dresses and the lark, and all my other clothes are in piles on the floor..

Shiny
10-21-2012, 11:21 PM
I put my sweaters in an armoire. I fold my work pants nicely and place them in a drawer. I hang up my blouses, skirts, dresses, and blazers for work nicely. And my coats are hung up because there's no room for them else where. Anything else can just be thrown in a friggin' drawer until I have time to fold them, or just left like that.