PDA

View Full Version : Well another installment

jenovajunkie
10-19-2012, 07:03 PM
I can say that I am looking forward to this to get me back playing FF again. I'm actually looking for a reason to beat 13.

Could this have anything from 13 in it? I don't see it relating so that makes me relieved.

I just want to see new characters, SE never fails to amaze me at creating great characters. As well as dynamic relationships between characters.

Stories don't get any better than FF7 and the riddles. What happened to riddles? Have I got to stupid to realize they still exist?

Del Murder
10-19-2012, 07:18 PM
I think it's safe to say this game has very little in common with FFXIII, but I've never played it.

Goldenboko
10-19-2012, 07:31 PM
Just like all of them, different roman numerals, different games. And this one is an MMO, so it has pretty much nothing to do with FFXIII.

Formalhaut
10-19-2012, 08:01 PM
If you ask me, the MMO final fantasies have never really done amazing well. I think Final Fantasy should just rely on the single player experience, rather than focusing too much on the community aspect. This is what EoFF is for!

Goldenboko
10-19-2012, 08:06 PM
Final Fantasy XI was actually pretty successful.

Ouch!
10-19-2012, 11:09 PM
Correction: Final Fantasy XI has been the most financially successful game for Square Enix. Ever. It singlehandedly brought them from the edge of the fiscal cliff they faced after the colossal failure that was Final Fantasy: Spirits Within.

That said, Final Fantasy XI blows most of the other titles in the series out of the water in the sheer depth of the world and story. Only Final Fantasy XII equals it on the level of lore depth, and even then mostly only through the beastiary entries. The only thing I can say that's disappointing about FFXI on a story level is that your character is back to being the voiceless protagonist who really never influences anything outside of battle. That said, the cast of supporting characters is absolutely phenomenal.