PDA

View Full Version : It's all Cloud's fault.

Jinx
10-20-2012, 01:34 AM
Jiro's threads about the Temple of the Ancients got me to thinking.

Why did they take the Black Materia? If Sephiroth would've been crushed by taking the Black Materia (and they knew this), why didn't they just LEAVE IT WHERE IT WAS?

Or can we safely assume Sephiroth just would've sent in one of this black-robed cronies? But basically being brainless zombies, would they have figured it out, and been able to get to that point in the Temple? Seriously, getting through that room with the fucking rolling rocks is brutal. And don't lie and say it doesn't take you 30 minutes to find the right sequence to get to the room with dragon.

So, your thoughts?

Jiro
10-20-2012, 01:43 AM
If Sephiroth can control Cloud that easily then I'm sure he is able to effectively possess one of the other cronies and make it happen either way. Still, I'd have just staked out the Temple of the Ancients with three party members while the other three tracked him down and killed Sephiroth. Bingo.

Futan
10-20-2012, 04:39 AM
I thought the Sephiroth you see throughout the game is just a 'mirage' of sorts. His physical body is trapped in the Lifestream, right?

Jiro
10-20-2012, 07:08 AM
So they say!

WildRaubtier
10-20-2012, 08:50 AM
They pretty much say something along the lines of "Sephiroth would have no problem sending in one of his clones."

But fuck it I'm gonna spin up the ol' 7mimic and find that scene.

Futan
10-20-2012, 12:58 PM
So they say!

Thinking about that more, they didn't know that so obviously they couldn't plan shit with that in mind. Lol. So ya ignore, etc. XD