PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy VII Awakening

Hollycat
10-20-2012, 08:22 PM
~Chapter One - Really, really, really bored ~
So sorry. Right now this sounds like a three year old in a rush wrote it on the bus.
As Narine awoke, she struggled to remember the dream she'd been having. Something to do with angels, and the moon perhaps? She sighed as she stood up; these dreams were the only thing that brought any variance to her daily schedule. At seventeen years old, she'd never dreamed working at the Golden Saucer could be so dull. She stood up and got ready for work, greatly regretting her move to the amusement park as she put her moogle mascot mask onto her head.

"Welcome to Golden Saucer, the largest amusement park on the planet!" Narine said cheerfully to the passing guests, even as it killed her inside to do it. Every day thousands of smiling faces passed her, and although she was happy to pose for pictures with children, at the end of the day it was always the same. Boring boring boring. After she finished helping a very fat man get off the sky gondola, it was time for her break,

"Vi, can you help me here, the moogle head is stuck again!" "Yeah yeah, one second" Violet, the ticket checker at the entrance to Golden Saucer, was Narine's only friend at her job. Narine pushed, and Violet pulled and with an audible Pop! the head came off. "Jeeze, when are they going to replace the neck ring on this thing," Narine complained, "One day someone is gonna get stuck in here for good."
"It's your fault for taking the job, you know. You could have taken the job at the coaster." said Violet, pointing her fork at Narine.
"What, and get vomited on all day by people too lazy to read the warning signs? I don't think so."

Violet shrugged, "Well, what can I say, no matter where the crap job is, it's still a crap job. Not that I'm complaining, it would be worse without you here, but why didn't you just stay in Midgar?"
"I don't know, I guess it's just hard living under the shadow cast by my parents, you know? I mean, what with the whole saving the world things, and being huge successes, it's kind of hard to live up to expectations." Narine looked down at her food.
"I guess I was just expecting life at an amusement park to be more simple, I had no idea it would be so boring..."

"Tell you what, let's go watch a race or two tonight, my treat!" Narine squinted at Violet. "Very funny, you and I both know watching is free."
"What, did you actually expect me to spend my own gil?"
"I think I'll just go home, we both know Joe is going to win anyways."
"Maybe not, Bill's back in town, and hes sworn to win this time."

"Bill's back in town?" Narine grinned. "What the hell, let's go cheer him on, it's not like I have anything better to do."

"And as We enter the final Lap in this thrilling race, one which will surely go down in Saucer history, it's Teioh and Rikoo neck and neck! With over half a lap between these two and the next competitor, this race is down to them and no one else!"
Joe leaned ever closer to Teioh's back, the muscular bird running at almost mach one. "Why don't you just give up Highwind, you haven't beaten me yet and you aren't going to today!"
Utop Rikoo Bill yelled back, "We're still in it, and today we'll be going home with the trophy!"
Both the Jockies leaned in even closer and grinned, adrenaline and nerves running at full capacity.
"I don't believe it! Both jockies have just lapped the back runners! As they come up on the final bend, this race could go either way!"
The two riders, their chests fully touching the backs of their mounts, leaving visible streaks in their wake, rounded the final bend, entering the famous space zone. "And it's Teioh by a beak, now it's Rikoo by a feather! And the winner is...!"

I'm stopping here because I'm not happy with the way the rest of the chapter turned out. I should have it edited within the next 24 hours. I'll add an update post to let you know when it's extended. I'm posting this so you'll know I'm going to finish this, not like the other stories I start. The beginning is always the hardest. Anyways. Edited version, over twice as long, up soon. glossary update in the next few hours.