PDA

View Full Version : Unpleasant Surprises

Pike
10-21-2012, 02:09 AM
This morning I woke up and my nose was bleeding for no reason. Then it continued to do so for like ten minutes.

When was the last time you had an unpleasant surprise?

Futan
10-21-2012, 02:29 AM
Pike apparently reacts like an anime character when [s]he has a perverted dream. :P

Um... like Tuesday I got store credit from an online store for something I returned and the thing I was waiting to order was(and still is) sold out. Ya. I'll need some time to think of something better. lol.

EDIT: Owait. Like a month ago, we were approved for overtime at work, which is alright, but I said I'd do it assuming they'd never authorize it. lol.

Relena Peacecraft
10-21-2012, 02:56 AM
I get an unpleasant surprise every time a spider or centipede suddenly decides to scurry across the floor. I'm left to wonder where it came from and what it was doing before I noticed it.

Shiny
10-21-2012, 04:20 AM
This morning I woke up and my nose was bleeding for no reason. Then it continued to do so for like ten minutes.
Did you have your heat on high?

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
10-21-2012, 04:24 AM
Every once in a while when I blow my nose in the morning it blows just a little bit bloody.

I blame the sisters of the wind.

Laddy
10-21-2012, 04:25 AM
Nothing, I am fully aware of every possible scenario in my day-to-day life.

Zombie
10-21-2012, 05:31 AM
Whenever I wake up and see I'm alive, still in this putrid world, is a big unpleasant surprise.

Lonely Paper Star
10-21-2012, 06:08 AM
Anytime I get a "charley horse (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charley_horse)"/paaaainful muscle spasm in my calf. :( I get them in the morning sometimes as I wake up (or do I get woken up by them? IDEK).

Jiro
10-21-2012, 09:48 AM
Oh yeah muscle cramps are great. Get 'em all the time after a lactic session. hardly the most enjoyable feeling in the world

Lone Wolf Leonhart
10-21-2012, 10:49 AM
Anytime I get a "charley horse (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charley_horse)"/paaaainful muscle spasm in my calf. :( I get them in the morning sometimes as I wake up (or do I get woken up by them? IDEK).

I hate getting these in the morning. Someone told me they go away faster if you try to straighten your leg out, but sometimes it hurts too much to even move and I just have to let it pass. Or try to get up. Or something.

Sometimes I can catch myself starting to get a charley horse, and realize that if I move my leg at all it's going to come, so I better lay here for a minute and then try to move.

Chris
10-21-2012, 12:13 PM
I feel great after I've worked out, but I always... man, I feel like trout the morning after. It's okay, though. Gotta have muscles to push all of you little people around.

Unbreakable Will
10-21-2012, 03:38 PM
I recently discovered my brakes in the car are about to fall apart! That was definitely unpleasant...

Rye
10-21-2012, 04:05 PM
I woke up and discovered I was with child. Shiny's child.

Lonely Paper Star
10-21-2012, 05:16 PM
I hate getting these in the morning. Someone told me they go away faster if you try to straighten your leg out, but sometimes it hurts too much to even move and I just have to let it pass. Or try to get up. Or something.

Sometimes I can catch myself starting to get a charley horse, and realize that if I move my leg at all it's going to come, so I better lay here for a minute and then try to move.

Someone told me to straighten my leg out, too, but yeah, most of the time, even doing that hurts too much X(

I just end up letting myself suffer for those few minutes. And then when I finally get up, I still get this lingering ache in my leg for the rest of the day.

Futan
10-21-2012, 05:37 PM
I've only gotten a charley horse once, definitely an unpleasant surprise. D: What I do get sometimes is migraines. Those are fucking awful.

Sephex
10-21-2012, 06:41 PM
My cat left a nice, wet, half digested hairball for that that I stepped on on the way to the bathroom this morning. She woke me up purring to try to win me over. I FELL FOR HER RUSE!!

NorthernChaosGod
10-21-2012, 10:29 PM

Someone told me to straighten my leg out, too, but yeah, most of the time, even doing that hurts too much X(

I just end up letting myself suffer for those few minutes. And then when I finally get up, I still get this lingering ache in my leg for the rest of the day.

Sometimes I get them after a night of drinking when I don't drink enough water before bed. I always straighten my leg out and try to point my toes toward me so it stretches out my calf, it hurts but it seems like it goes away pretty quickly.

Shiny
10-21-2012, 10:59 PM
I woke up and discovered I was with child. Shiny's child.

We'd make cute dwarf babies.

Jiro
10-22-2012, 12:53 AM
Sometimes I get them after a night of drinking when I don't drink enough water before bed. I always straighten my leg out and try to point my toes toward me so it stretches out my calf, it hurts but it seems like it goes away pretty quickly.

Yes, this is how you deal with muscle cramps in the calf muscle.

~*~Celes~*~
10-22-2012, 01:44 AM
In the shower about three weeks ago, bent over to wash one of my legs and all of a sudden i had a nosebleed.

Tigmafuzz
10-22-2012, 01:47 AM
My name change :|

Jiro
10-22-2012, 11:04 AM
Could be worse.

Trumpet Thief
10-22-2012, 11:34 AM
Leg falling asleep in the middle of lecture. Pretty hard to explain away why I was walking like a pirate. :(

Shorty
10-22-2012, 08:16 PM
Set my garbage bag outside my door yesterday cause I was too lazy to take it to the dumpster. Woke up this morning to find it totally strewn outside my front door. That was nice.

The offenders were probably either neighborhood cats, racoons or one of you weirdos digging through my trash.

Pumpkin
10-22-2012, 08:56 PM
I once came out of the bedroom to find a lizard on the couch. And another on the window. And another walking accross the floor. :|

Shorty
10-22-2012, 08:57 PM
Didn't that happen to you this morning? xD

Raistlin
10-22-2012, 11:17 PM
My name change :|

Please, I was Menses for a month. At least your name gives you cause to sing Tim Minchin love songs (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6raVzrbqrM).

Pumpkin
10-23-2012, 04:16 AM
Didn't that happen to you this morning? xD

It's happening on a regular basis and I'm not happy about it. Today there were two in the window.

Jiro
10-23-2012, 04:21 AM
Singing Tim Minchin songs makes everything better.

Citizen Bleys
10-23-2012, 04:27 AM
I woke up this morning to discover that I've travelled forward in time 500 years, everyone I ever loved is dead, and I'm a white guy.

Flaming Ice
10-23-2012, 07:01 AM

Sometimes get that too....:)

Or, it hasn't happened for a while but some of my joints will lock (not sure what it's called).....sometimes it happens in my legs and all I can do is walk backwards until I fall =/