PDA

View Full Version : My bellybuton knot

Rye
10-21-2012, 06:13 PM
I was once told that your bellybutton knot could be untied and then your guts could fall out. And then i cried.

What is your best and most embarassing tale of gullibility?

Jinx
10-21-2012, 06:23 PM
I have an innie.

Pike
10-21-2012, 06:25 PM
When I was in third grade or so a classmate told me that the day I was sick was the day that every inch of the restroom was covered in spitballs and it took hours for it to be cleaned up, and for YEARS I was sad that I missed it.

Edit: also I've said this before, but I believed in the Easter Bunny until I was like 16.

Quindiana Jones
10-21-2012, 06:33 PM
Someone told me I had left my PE kit at home during Primary School. I legged it home, crying about... I dunno, kids cry, I guess.

I had not left my PE kit at home. :|

Raistlin
10-21-2012, 06:36 PM
Why am I not surprised that you made a thread about gullibility, Jess? :p

Edit: also I've said this before, but I believed in the Easter Bunny until I was like 16.

And here I thought Rye believing in Santa until 9 or 10 was bad. :lol:

(Seriously, this thread could be filled up just by Rye)

Unbreakable Will
10-21-2012, 06:37 PM
I was told that my face would melt off if I watched the 500 channels (pron) I believed that for about a day (at 7) then proceeded to watch them. :jess:

Sephex
10-21-2012, 06:40 PM
My Uncle told me once that if you fall asleep with your socks on, your feet would get eaten up and disappear. Paranoia of socks for years, man.

TrollHunter
10-21-2012, 06:42 PM
I was told that my face would melt off if I watched the 500 channels (pron) I believed that for about a day (at 7) then proceeded to watch them. :jess:

Well, that explains a lot.

OT: When I was in like 4th or 5th grade I was eating M&Ms... and we had a sub. The sub told me that the shells of M&Ms were made out of the wings of flies D:
I believed her for like a month. It was terrible.

Aulayna
10-21-2012, 07:41 PM
I believed in Santa till I was 11.

Heck, part of me still wants to believe.

Things were so much simpler back then.

Rye
10-21-2012, 08:46 PM
Ladybug pies. :kaofight:

Psychotic
10-21-2012, 08:47 PM
Ladybug pies. :kaofight:Perhaps you could lend me a pen.

Pumpkin
10-21-2012, 09:06 PM
When I was little, my moms boyfriend put the fear of lint fire in me. he told me if i left any lint in the lint trap it would cause a fire and burn the whole house down. I realize now that it takes quite a lot of lint for that to happen but I still check the lint trap before and after to make sure there isn't any lint.

~*~Celes~*~
10-21-2012, 09:14 PM
i was told by a classmate when I was in 3rd grade that the hamburgers school lunch provided (soyburgers i later found out) were actually made from kangaroo meat. I was so gullible.

Laddy
10-21-2012, 09:18 PM
When I was young, I had a fear that while in my bed any part of my body that was not covered by sheets or blankets would be cut off by some evil demonic clown. :|

milliegoesbeep
10-21-2012, 09:20 PM
My Dad used to tell me that, if I misbehaved, the Joker would come and kidnap me. Being an impressionable seven year old girl, and terrified of him, I used to cry even if I spilled something.

Shiny
10-21-2012, 09:45 PM
When I was little, my moms boyfriend put the fear of lint fire in me. he told me if i left any lint in the lint trap it would cause a fire and burn the whole house down. I realize now that it takes quite a lot of lint for that to happen but I still check the lint trap before and after to make sure there isn't any lint.

It's actually common for houses to burn down from lint fires, so something to be concerned about. My dad's a Fire Captain and says the #1 cause of house fires other than kitchen fire is laundry related fires. My house almost burnt down from having the lint in there. Now we of course check every time we use it.

I was always a cynical child so it was hard to convince me of anything. I told my Great Grandmother Santa wasn't real and she got pissed at me. She was like, "YES HE IS! I HEARD HIM COME DOWN THE CHIMNEY!" And I was like, "We don't have a chimney." I was six at the time. She also tried to convince me that a six year old should have a credit card I was like, "No." And she's all "What do you know? You're six." If I was older I probably would've came up with a witty or sardonic retort.

My brother convinced me of something though. He was good at that. I forget what it was, but I remember having a good laugh about it and even years later he holds it against me. "Remember when you fell for that" kind of thing.

Raistlin
10-21-2012, 09:54 PM
I can't remember any really good ones for me off the top of my head, as, like Shiny, I was always a suspicious and cynical kid. But one time I was staying in a room at my grandfather's old hotel that my mom at the time was helping run. She called over to the room from the front desk (in a separate building) and hurriedly told me that there was a bomb threat and I needed to evacuate immediately. I was maybe 10 or 11 years old.

So now you all know where I got the asshole gene from.

Citizen Bleys
10-21-2012, 10:05 PM
I used to believe in God.

Clo
10-21-2012, 10:55 PM
I didn't think we lived in a world that made it possible for anyone at all to believe in Santa or the Easter Bunny past the age of 9.

I don't know how any of you avoided the real world for that long.

Zeldy
10-21-2012, 11:00 PM
I used to think that if I used anti-ageing face cremes that I'd turn into a baby.

Slothy
10-21-2012, 11:36 PM
i was told by a classmate when I was in 3rd grade that the hamburgers school lunch provided (soyburgers i later found out) were actually made from kangaroo meat. I was so gullible.

I can see why finding out they were soyburgers would be traumatizing. God awful things that I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy.

Quindiana Jones
10-21-2012, 11:49 PM
Oh! I just remembered one!

My dad brought out some frozen beef mince from the freezer and told me it was dinosaur meat. Hell yeah I believed that shit! xD

Laddy
10-21-2012, 11:52 PM
Oh! I just remembered one!

My dad brought out some frozen beef mince from the freezer and told me it was dinosaur meat. Hell yeah I believed that trout! xD
Goddamn that's beautiful.

Iceglow
10-22-2012, 12:28 AM
When I was a kid, my brother convinced me that Santa was an alien otherwise how the hell else could he make it round the planet in one night. I believed him no matter what anyone else said. My brother was basically an ass but god damn he was a genius asshole. In true family tradition I have since convinced every one of my nephews and nieces of this fact. They all believe me completely, this is why we know I can be the bigger asshole than my brother... he only managed to convince 2 kids, I've convinced 7

Quindiana Jones
10-22-2012, 12:56 AM
You certainly have a knack for persuading kids, Steve. Where did you get it from? Have you ever worked with kids before?

Tigmafuzz
10-22-2012, 02:29 AM
I didn't ever believe in Santa or the Easter Bunny or "God" or any of that stuff, since I didn't know what they were until I was about 13 or 14 anyway :|

If you say gullible three times fast with your tongue sticking out, it sounds like "antidisestablishmentarianism."

Tigmafuzz
10-22-2012, 02:46 AM
...It just sounds like he was trying to get into your pants.

fire_of_avalon
10-22-2012, 03:57 AM
One time these kids at school gave me their pizza.

But I noticed the cheese had been pulled up so I pulled it back and the pizza was full of salt.

So I put it back on the kid's plate.

They couldn't even trick me with pizza. Pizza. Yeah, I didn't believe much.

Rye
10-22-2012, 04:06 AM

But I noticed the cheese had been pulled up so I pulled it back and the pizza was full of salt.

So I put it back on the kid's plate.

They couldn't even trick me with pizza. Pizza. Yeah, I didn't believe much.

Ewwwwwwwwwww

Citizen Bleys
10-22-2012, 04:31 AM

Hmm...this sounds like it could have potential.

Of course I'll use Preparation H instead of salt

I think I may have told this story before, since I'm not the gullible one in it.

I used to work with this lad by the name of Robin, who thought he was King Shit when it came to cars. He flat out said he knew everything there was to know about any car, and was annoying as hell about it.

After a few weeks of listening to his BS, I bided my time until there was no conversation going on, then:

Me: "Hey Robin, you...know a lot about cars, right?"
Robin: "Do I ever! I know things th--"
Me: "What kind of car was it again that had fallopian tubes in it?"
*pregnant pause*
Robin: "Uh...I think the '59 Dodge had 'em."

A few days later he tried to act like he'd known what I was doing and played along, but he fooled nobody

sharkythesharkdogg
10-22-2012, 04:43 AM
:p funny

Araciel
10-22-2012, 05:57 AM
Be me
Be eight years old
Use shampoo on dry hair
Older sister tells me my hair will fall out cause I didn't wet it first

Feels bad man.

Madame Adequate
10-22-2012, 06:18 AM
Ladybug pies. :kaofight:Perhaps you could lend me a pen.

I don't think a pen would help picking lice out of one's hair much.

Rantz
10-22-2012, 08:17 AM
I'm not sure I understand this thread. You're saying Santa isn't real? Then who do you think brings you Christmas presents? Suckers! :colbert:

Pike
10-22-2012, 07:40 PM
I used to believe in God.

It took longer than usual for this post to show up in our annual gullibility thread; I was expecting it to be by post #5 or something.

I didn't think we lived in a world that made it possible for anyone at all to believe in Santa or the Easter Bunny past the age of 9.

I don't know how any of you avoided the real world for that long.

My parents played up the myths like you would not believe. Also a part of me just really, really wanted to believe in a giant sapient bunny, which is why I held out for him years after I gave up on Santa.

Also, I'm still avoiding the real world.

Shorty
10-22-2012, 07:54 PM
I told my sisters when they were little that one-eyed zombies lived on the moon and that they were going to come to earth and kill them if they didn't behave. I don't remember doing this at all, but my sister reminded me a few years ago and said she spent her entire childhood in fear of the one-eyed moon zombies.

I don't remember any examples but I am gullible as shit. Doesn't help that Rantz plays tricks on me all the time :colbert:

Criminally Vulgar
10-23-2012, 02:32 PM
I used to avoid all the lines on the floor because apparently they could crack like ice and you'd fall into the ground.

somebody told me that their sister shot a video of a cat licking tuna out of her vagina so she could put it on the internet. I believed it for ages (why would you just make that up?) but it turned out to be false.

Obviously two different stages of my life here.

TrollHunter
10-24-2012, 11:19 PM
I used to avoid all the lines on the floor because apparently they could crack like ice and you'd fall into the ground.

somebody told me that their sister shot a video of a cat licking tuna out of her vagina so she could put it on the internet. I believed it for ages (why would you just make that up?) but it turned out to be false.

Obviously two different stages of my life here.
I find it more entertaining to believe these were actually at the same stage in your life.