PDA

View Full Version : I Don't Care If It's Kiddy! It's Fun And That's All That Matters!

Evastio
10-22-2012, 04:48 AM
So what are some "kiddy" game series that you still enjoy and play regularly (or plan on playing again if you haven't played them in a while)?

I just played Kirby's Return to Dream Land yesterday (and defeated Extra Mode 100% on my third file) and also played a bit of Kirby's Dream Land 3 today with my younger brother (I forgot how awesome that game is with the pastel graphics, flutey soundtrack, and multiplayer with Gooey), so I guess Kirby is definitely one.

The Densetsu no Stafy series is also really kiddy and I've played the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 5th games in the series but it's been a while since I've played that. I'm kind of hoping for a new installment soon.

It's been a while since I've played Scribblenauts, but I am greatly looking forward to Scribblenauts Unlimited for the Wii U (especially since you can take different items and then customize and fuse different parts of them together, then get friends to take control of them in multiplayer).

Pike
10-22-2012, 10:36 AM
FF Tactics Advance. xD

Chris
10-22-2012, 11:30 AM
I've played Pokémon since 1997, and I will continue to play it for as long as I live. :colbert:

Trumpet Thief
10-22-2012, 11:39 AM
The Mario series is a big one. Specifically the new Paper Mario, which I am beyond excited for! :D

Bolivar
10-22-2012, 09:02 PM
Pokemon definitely and Dragon Quest kinda counts as well. My PSP Go is super sexy but I do feel kinda kiddy anytime I'm on my DS...

Edge7
10-23-2012, 05:49 AM
Final Fantasy IX counts right? Of course it does (hint: it totally doesn't)!

Anyway, seriously, I'm going to go with the first Kingdom Hearts, Pokemon Red and Gold, Grandia (which I recently just discovered), and any Kirby game.

Jowy
10-23-2012, 06:07 AM
roll that katamari!

I also adore Kirby, Banjo-Kazooie, and Yoshi's Island.

Flaming Ice
10-23-2012, 06:14 AM
Zelda's okay, Kirby, Pokemon....it's an rpg anyways gotta have rpgs +)

Edge7
10-23-2012, 04:04 PM
Banjo-Kazooie,

Forgot that.

And @ Flaming Ice, the only Zelda games I really count as kiddy (or that I feel would be deemed kiddy by the general public are Wind Waker, and any of the handheld games, all of which I love dearly).

Flaming Ice
10-23-2012, 07:10 PM
Banjo-Kazooie,

Forgot that.

And @ Flaming Ice, the only Zelda games I really count as kiddy (or that I feel would be deemed kiddy by the general public are Wind Waker, and any of the handheld games, all of which I love dearly).

I felt the same way with skyward sword too.

Jinx
10-23-2012, 07:13 PM
Barbie Magic Hairstyler.

Citizen Bleys
10-24-2012, 06:32 AM
F.E.A.R.

Skyblade
10-24-2012, 07:10 AM
Megaman Battle Network 3
FFTA and FFTA2
Kirby Superstar Ultra

Shorty
10-24-2012, 05:50 PM
Spyro, Crash Bandicoot, Rayman and old shareware games like Hugo's House of Horrors and Cosmo's Cosmic Adventures. Or essentially any of the old Sierra Entertainment games, because those totally bring me back to my childhood.

Karifean
10-24-2012, 07:35 PM
I grew up with a PlayStation and thus Crash Bandicoot 2 and 3 are two of my favorite games of all time, I'd still put 'em on any day and they're meant to be like 'you're playing a Warner Brothers cartoon'.

Del Murder
10-26-2012, 02:53 AM
Really anything made by Nintendo will never be too kiddy for me.

maybee
10-26-2012, 06:20 AM
Aladdin on the Sega

Mickey Mania

Duck Tales on NES

and Mickey Mouse and the Castle of illusion

Are all wonderful games that deserve gold medals. Despite being all made for children.

Evastio
10-27-2012, 04:11 AM
I guess another one that I should mention that no one else has yet is Bomberman. It's a shame it likely won't be getting any new games now that Hudson Soft is no more.

Really anything made by Nintendo will never be too kiddy for me.

(high fives)

Futan
10-27-2012, 11:26 PM
Nothing at the moment but every once in a while, I'll dust off the Genesis, or a Genesis emulator, and play some Sonic or other classics. I'll also play Pokemon from time-to-time. Really think it went overboard with all the Pokemon though. :x