PDA

View Full Version : Unpopular Film Opinions

Laddy
10-24-2012, 10:37 PM
You know what to do.

Heath
10-24-2012, 10:39 PM
Roger Moore wasn't that bad a James Bond.

Jowy
10-24-2012, 10:42 PM
Fear and Loathing In Las Vegas stops being good once Christina Ricci shows up.

Crop
10-24-2012, 11:10 PM
Star Wars sucks.

Shorty
10-24-2012, 11:14 PM
2001: A Space Odyssey is Kubrick's best film.
White Oleander was a terrible fucking movie and I don't understand why so many people love it.
There Will Be Blood is the worst bout of trash anyone has ever put on the screen.

Lonely Paper Star
10-25-2012, 01:14 AM
I don't care for Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

Agent Proto
10-25-2012, 01:19 AM
The Star Wars Prequel Trilogy is actually not that bad compared to the original Trilogy.

Jinx
10-25-2012, 01:28 AM
The Lord of the Rings movies are better than the books.

Horror movies these day are stupid and are poorly written.

fire_of_avalon
10-25-2012, 01:52 AM
I LOVE CONAIR AND I DON'T GIVE A FUCK ABOUT YOUR OPINION.

maybee
10-25-2012, 01:53 AM
I hate the Lion King and think it's shit.

Lord of the Rings movies are better than the books like TB said

Star Wars sucks like Crop said

Ironman movies and the Avengers sucks

The 80's Batman is better than the Dark Knight and Batman Returns

Jinx
10-25-2012, 01:55 AM
Batman Begins is better than The Dark Knight.

Shiny
10-25-2012, 01:58 AM
Lord of the Rings trilogy is boring and long.

I prefer Michael Keaton over Christian Bale as Batman. Campy Batman movies amuse me.

Batman Begins was boring. Made me fall asleep and it's rare that a movie can make me fall asleep by being so boring...though I did fall asleep during Alice in Wonderland and a Dr. Seuss movie.

Horror movies these day are stupid and are poorly written.
That's unpopular opinion? O_o

Also watch Korean horror films. Many of them are actually written quite well.

I Don't Need A Name
10-25-2012, 02:04 AM
Will Ferrell and Ben Stiller are terrible at everything they do.
Pirates of the Carribean is a shocking film series.
The Shining and The Exorcist are godawful movies.

Flaming Ice
10-25-2012, 04:06 AM

Haven't seen avengers but ironman was boring (needs more action)

Hollycat
10-25-2012, 04:08 AM
Titanic was worthless drivel I wouldn't force a deathrow inmate to watch after he killed a hundred babies by drowning them.

The digimon movie was quite possibly the most masterful piece of cinema to ever grace human eyes ever.

Laddy
10-25-2012, 05:00 AM
The digimon movie was quite possibly the most masterful piece of cinema to ever grace human eyes ever.
:lol:

Shorty
10-25-2012, 07:56 AM

I also do not care for Monty Python, nor do I care for Airplane!

Guess I had to be there and I... wasn't. Until it was too late.

Quindiana Jones
10-25-2012, 11:07 AM
Matthew McConuhahghgey is a good actor.

Aulayna
10-25-2012, 12:49 PM
Blade Runner was pretty whaff.

Shoeberto
10-25-2012, 04:33 PM
I don't think they suck but I was underwhelmed. The first Iron Man seemed good but I think it's because I had lost faith in Marvel. Thor sucked. Hulk sucked. Captain America sucked. I watched Avengers and was like... really? I waited this long for this? It was serviceable, I guess, but talk about disappointment.

I'm curious why you think this. I could see not liking them, but I don't really see how they could be considered terrible.

NeoCracker
10-25-2012, 04:37 PM
1) Pierce Brosman was my favorite Bond.
2) Blade Runner, outside of great set pieces, was fucking aweful.
3) Hobo With a Shotgun was a legitimately good movie.
4) Final Fantasy: Spirits within, was a watchable movie.

Slothy
10-25-2012, 05:43 PM
2001: A Space Odyssey is Kubrick's best film.

Admittedly, I still haven't seen all of Kubrick's films, but 2001 was about space and had some freaking ground breaking effects so I'm inclined to agree with this.

Also, Dredd 3D is the best use of 3D I've ever seen in a movie (though I'd probably only call this opinion unpopular because so few people saw it, and so many people creamed their pants over Avatar when it came out). I actually have to ignore my usual blanket rule of 3D being a useless gimmick and admit that it actually did add to this film.

The Tim Burton Batman films are absolutely terrible and I find them completely unwatchable now without laughing like I'm watching a comedy.

Lonely Paper Star
10-25-2012, 05:55 PM

I also do not care for Monty Python, nor do I care for Airplane!

Guess I had to be there and I... wasn't. Until it was too late.

And it doesn't help that some friends overquote the fuck out of those movies. >.<

Shorty
10-25-2012, 05:57 PM
I legitimately liked The Village and was surprised by the ending.

I Don't Need A Name
10-25-2012, 06:05 PM
I'm curious why you think this. I could see not liking them, but I don't really see how they could be considered terrible.

I read the book of the Shining long before seeing the film and Kubrick completely butchers the whole point of the book, so I couldn't stand it. And I may have been over the top with The Exorcist, but there is nothing scary or even interesting in the film. It was slow, cringeworthy and more comedic than scary.

NeoCracker
10-25-2012, 06:13 PM
I legitimately liked The Village and was surprised by the ending.

...I
.....What?

Shorty
10-25-2012, 06:17 PM
I AM NOT ASHAMED

NeoCracker
10-25-2012, 06:18 PM
I AM NOT ASHAMED

Yet you should be. :colbert:

Shorty
10-25-2012, 06:19 PM
:aimkiss:

Come on now, though. You have to admit Signs was decent.

NeoCracker
10-25-2012, 06:21 PM
:aimkiss:

Come on now, though. You have to admit Signs was decent.

...Yes, the movie where Aliens were confounded by Doors and invaded a planet that was covered in their one weakness, and didn't have the forsight to bring umbrellas for when it started raining.

IT sucked.

Shorty
10-25-2012, 06:22 PM
You assume that because they're aliens they can see the future and thus determine that they need umbrellas, shame on you. :colbert:

NeoCracker
10-25-2012, 06:23 PM
You assume that because they're aliens they can see the future and determine that they need umbrellas, shame on you. :colbert:

No, I simply assume that someone invading an entire planet would have the foresight to watch it for a week, which is all you would need to do to figure out it rains from time to time.

Clearly the aliens were complete and utter Morons.

Bunny
10-25-2012, 09:14 PM
You assume that because they're aliens they can see the future and determine that they need umbrellas, shame on you. :colbert:

No, I simply assume that someone invading an entire planet would have the foresight to watch it for a week, which is all you would need to do to figure out it rains from time to time.

Well, they were M. Night Slimmydimmydingdong's aliens so it makes sense.

Shoeberto
10-25-2012, 09:27 PM

I don't really care about the Signs argument, because I liked the movie when I saw it years ago, but further evidence they're idiots: We have extremely straightforward technology based on really simple physical properties that allow us to determine the types of weather systems on planets we have never stepped foot on, without even sending remote probes to explore them. It's stuff we've been doing since the '60s with remote sensing and even further back terrestrially. We are still probably decades if not centuries from breakthroughs that will give us any hope at lightspeed travel.

But aliens couldn't determine that we have a lot of water on earth?

(Still, it was a decently suspenseful movie if you don't think too much about it.)

Shorty
10-25-2012, 09:28 PM
In the movie, people clearly stated that they knew to stay away from lakes, etc etc. Obviously they must have known that the majority of earth is water. I don't think they expected the humans to know to use it against them, though.

Clo
10-25-2012, 09:44 PM
I fucking hated the movie Ghostbusters.

Jowy
10-25-2012, 09:51 PM
Too bad we stopped burning witches in the seventeenth century, Clo. That statement is a one-way ticket to Massachusetts. :aimcry:

Clo
10-25-2012, 09:53 PM
Too bad we stopped burning witches in the seventeenth century, Clo. That statement is a one-way ticket to Massachusetts. :aimcry:

Right?! Everyone hates me for it.

But I don't really care. I really think it. So fuck all of you. :colbert:

Jowy
10-25-2012, 09:56 PM

Right?! Everyone hates me for it.

But I don't really care. I really think it. So fuck all of you. :colbert:

That's my stance every time I tell someone I despise "It's A Wonderful Life."

Shorty
10-25-2012, 09:57 PM
Eric, I have no choice but to ban you. I'm sorry. It pains me to do this.

Jowy
10-25-2012, 09:58 PM
"Sarah Cobb's Empty Threats" sounds like a decent film.

Hollycat
10-25-2012, 09:59 PM
I enjoyed the Spirits within and watched it 5 times on purpose.
Journey to the center of the earth sucked.

Shorty
10-25-2012, 10:02 PM
"Sarah Cobb's Empty Threats" sounds like a decent film.

The twist in that movie is that there's a masked bodyguard I have who goes around fulfilling all of my threats and no one knows who he is! (hint: it's vigo mortensen)

Quindiana Jones
10-25-2012, 10:05 PM
The aliens in Signs are incredibly stupid. This is not up for debate. They're stupid. Stupid dumb dumbs.

I enjoyed the film, nonetheless. My favourite parts were when Joaquin Phoenix was on-screen.

Jowy
10-25-2012, 10:06 PM
as long as that doesn't turn out like that Kevin Costner suckfest i'd be cool with that.

Bunny
10-25-2012, 10:12 PM

We never burned witches. They were either hanged or crushed to death.

Hollycat
10-25-2012, 10:17 PM
Or drowned, beheaded, burned, foced to swallow live frogs, etc.

Jowy
10-25-2012, 10:18 PM
Other countries did, you are correct.

Fine, we'll break out the nice round throwin' rocks.

The Captain
10-25-2012, 10:21 PM
REALLY didn't like Dark Knight Rises.

Kazaam was an excellent horror movie.

LA Confidential was a better movie then Titanic and should have won Best Picture that year.

Take care all.

Big D
10-25-2012, 10:25 PM
I legitimately liked The Village and was surprised by the ending.This. It's not a film I've re-watched, but I found it enjoyably tense on first viewing at the cinema. Same goes for I Am Legend. I understand the considerable criticism of both films, and agree with it by and large, but that doesn't change the fact that I had a good time seeing each of them on the big screen.

Here's my original reaction to Nolan's last Batman film, which I still stand by:

The Dark Knight Rises: tedious and unpleasant. A very well-made and well-acted film, but nonetheless one I'd strongly recommend avoiding on account of it being a horrible cinematic experience.

I prefer Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind over Princess Mononoke.
Spirited Away is good, but My Neighbour Totoro did nothing for me.

NeoCracker
10-25-2012, 10:28 PM
In the movie, people clearly stated that they knew to stay away from lakes, etc etc. Obviously they must have known that the majority of earth is water. I don't think they expected the humans to know to use it against them, though.

You do Realize that makes them look even stupider, right?

Shorty
10-25-2012, 10:29 PM
okay I'm done defending m. night shammyland's aliens. I liked the movie and legitimately found it suspenseful and wasn't worrying about how stupid the aliens were because I was scared as fuck :aimmad:

Hollycat
10-25-2012, 10:42 PM
Less of an unpopular opinion and more of a universal truth. M. Night Shyamalan is horrible at what he does and needs to be banned from cinema.

Bunny
10-25-2012, 10:56 PM
Unbreakable and Sixth Sense were good. Lady in the Water was good but only because of Paul Giamatti. I don't really remember signs all that much so I can only assume it was mediocre at best. Anyone who goes to a movie about aliens expecting a realistically done treat is in need of a serious mental evaluation.

Madame Adequate
10-25-2012, 10:58 PM
I don't think someone who doesn't like Blade Runner gets to call anyone stupid, except by dint of experience.

Quindiana Jones
10-25-2012, 11:06 PM
Anyone who goes to a movie made by Shyamalan about aliens expecting a realistically done treat is in need of a serious mental evaluation.

blackmage_nuke
10-25-2012, 11:11 PM
It's possible to be artistic and unique without being BORING

Laddy
10-25-2012, 11:12 PM
I don't think someone who doesn't like Blade Runner gets to call anyone stupid, except by dint of experience.

I want good things to happen to you.

Quindiana Jones
10-25-2012, 11:17 PM
Also, not sure if this is unpopular or what, but The Artist was genuinely good in a non-pretentious filmophile wanker way.

Hollycat
10-25-2012, 11:20 PM
The last airbender was high treason.

Laddy
10-25-2012, 11:23 PM
My turn.

Terrence Malick made Tree of Life much, much, worse than it had to be.

Hunchback of Notre Dame is the best Disney film of the 90's, minus Pixar.

The Star Wars movies, while not bad, completely misses the point of science fiction and should not be considered to be in the same genre as Blade Runner, 2001: A Space Odyssey, or other such films.

Citizen Kane is legitimately one of my favorite films.

The Hurt Locker is maybe the best film of the last five years, with The Dark Knight second and Up third.

The Social Network did not deserve Best Picture.

A Scanner Darkly is very, very, underrated.

Across The Universe is mediocre.

Despite his track record, Shymalan did wonders with The Sixth Sense and Unbreakable and he deserves as much praise for those as he deserves absolute derision for most anything.

Shorty
10-25-2012, 11:36 PM
Also, not sure if this is unpopular or what, but The Artist was genuinely good in a non-pretentious filmophile wanker way.

finally we agree on something :love:

Raistlin
10-26-2012, 12:12 AM

I've been saying that for years.

I fucking hated the movie Ghostbusters.

I was pretty certain coming into this thread that I'd see some truly awful opinions, mostly coming from Sarah. But this has just blown everything else out of the water. This may be the worst thing that's ever been posted on EoFF.

Shorty
10-26-2012, 12:13 AM
My awful opinions are the reasons you and Huxley keep me around. :aimkiss:

Quindiana Jones
10-26-2012, 12:23 AM

finally we agree on something :love:

Oh right, well...

:banme

Shorty
10-26-2012, 12:23 AM
What are you saying? :colbert:

Bunny
10-26-2012, 12:35 AM

I've been saying that for years.

I smurfing hated the movie Ghostbusters.

I was pretty certain coming into this thread that I'd see some truly awful opinions, mostly coming from Sarah. But this has just blown everything else out of the water. This may be the worst thing that's ever been posted on EoFF.

Nope. Raistkini remains the best and worst thing to ever grace this message board.

Raistlin
10-26-2012, 12:36 AM
I'm honored.

Jowy
10-26-2012, 12:48 AM
If the first ten minutes of "Up" don't make you feel utter sadness, you probably don't have a reflection either.

Cuchulainn
10-26-2012, 12:48 AM
The shower scenes in Schindler's List should have been longer.

I Took the Red Pill
10-26-2012, 12:54 AM
The last airbender was high treason.I've never heard anyone claim otherwise

Quindiana Jones
10-26-2012, 01:30 AM

We never burned witches. They were either hanged or crushed to death.

The period of witchhunting in England remains one of the most interesting areas of history to me, in particular the life of Matthew Hopkins.

Denmark was infamous for burning witches like crazy bastards, though. Scotland did a view dozen that way as well, I believe. So yeah, send Clo to Scotland (and through time), then burn her.

Jinx
10-26-2012, 02:07 AM
The Lady in the Water was a BEAUTIFUL movie.

Black Swan is the perfect artistic translation of watching someone (especially someone you love) go insane.

Sephex
10-26-2012, 02:10 AM
The Star Wars prequels aren't the WORST THING EVER. They are merely below average sci-fi movies that failed to live up to the originals, which no one in their right mind should have expected. Not that big of deal, everyone!

That being said, I LOVE the hell out of the Red Letter Media Plinkett reviews on them.

Lonely Paper Star
10-26-2012, 02:24 AM
The last airbender was high treason.

THIS. A LOT.

Then again, I think all people think this. XD

The Social Network did not deserve Best Picture.

... Wait, it won Best Picture? This is news to me. DDDDD:

Laddy
10-26-2012, 03:07 AM
It didn't win, but many people thought it deserved to win. The King's Speech (rather deservedly) won.

maybee
10-26-2012, 05:22 AM
Anastasia is the best Princess movie made in the 90's

The Sound of Music is hugely overrated and it has a Bi-polar plot that goes from silly and fun and then down right smurfing serious at times and can't make it's mind up what to be.

[So stop playing it at Christmas time please ]

I love the 80's version of Babes in Toyland because it's so hilarious.

Araciel
10-26-2012, 07:54 AM
If the first ten minutes of "Up" don't make you feel utter sadness, you probably don't have a reflection either.

Oh please.

Fuck them folks.

blackmage_nuke
10-26-2012, 09:05 AM
Inception makes perfect sense

I Took the Red Pill
10-26-2012, 11:04 AM
It didn't win, but many people thought it deserved to win. The King's Speech (rather deservedly) won.Ah, thanks for reminding me.

I'm of the opinion that The King's Speech was utter trite, a two hour long cliché.

The Social Network was an incredible cinematic achievement, though that's not really an unpopular opinion, I guess. It's one of the few movies from recent years that I've sat down and watched twice.

Zeldy
10-26-2012, 11:20 AM

This.

kotora
10-26-2012, 05:20 PM
The last Lord of the Rings movie is a total borefest and the second isn't worth watching more than once or twice either. Only real good movie in the series is the first.

blackmage_nuke
10-27-2012, 08:58 AM

I dont think thats an unpopular opinion at all

NeoCracker
10-27-2012, 09:00 AM
WHile I disagree on this movie, Once Upon a December is fucking awesome.

Laddy
10-27-2012, 01:17 PM

Before The Lion King or Aladdin?

blackmage_nuke
10-27-2012, 01:40 PM

Before The Lion King or Aladdin?

Well depending on the definition of "unpopular" you could say than any x disney movie in the 90's was the best is an unpopular opinion, since I assume the distribution of favourite disney movies doesnt skew over 50% to any one movie.

Laddy
10-27-2012, 01:48 PM
Fair point.

Lonely Paper Star
10-29-2012, 11:40 PM
I really liked Grease 2. I'll watch it over and over and sing its songs regardless of how terrible it is.

NorthernChaosGod
10-30-2012, 07:07 AM
This thread actually makes me hate some of you way more than the music thread. :colbert:

maybee
10-30-2012, 08:00 AM
Speaking of Grease I hate it. Silly musical about how you should change yourself in order to please other people. Kill it with fire.

Fynn
10-30-2012, 08:04 AM
The Two Towers suck. Especially the battle at Helm's Deep. I literally dozed off at that scene. An hour-long fight scene with rain and darkness all over is not interesting!

Also, the Star Wars prequels are more enjoyable than the original trilogy and the Revenge of the Sith is the best Star Wars movie ever.

Shorty
10-30-2012, 05:09 PM
Speaking of Grease I hate it. Silly musical about how you should change yourself in order to please other people. Kill it with fire.

My mom and aunt both sat me down after I watched Grease for the first time and told me not to change like Sandy does because "that's what the men want." Also, it is a terrible movie.

I hate Temple of Doom.

Araciel
10-30-2012, 05:27 PM
Also, the Star Wars prequels are more enjoyable than the original trilogy and the Revenge of the Sith is the best Star Wars movie ever.

I'd be angry if this wasn't posted from an INSANE ASYLUM :mad2:

Clo
10-30-2012, 05:42 PM
You know, I just fail to see what's good about Ghostbusters,

I also hate the Rocky movies.

Wolf Kanno
10-30-2012, 07:35 PM
I don't think Tom Hanks is a good actor and I hate most of the movies he's been in.

With that said Forrest Gump is an awful and pretentious movie

The current crop of Marvel films are actually really good.

Superman should never have films made about him cause they are all terrible and he's too boring to make a film that could hold someone's attention.

Tim Burton is actually one of the better director's in Hollywood, though he's at his best with original films rather than adaptions.

Michael Cera is an awful actor and ruined the Scott Pilgrim movie cause he basically just played himself instead of Scott Pilgrim.

Avatar was a boring, pretentious, political wankfest by James Cameron and if you liked the film for anything more than it's special effects then you should have your eyes plucked out so you can be discouraged from encouraging him to make more of this trite.

Hollycat
10-30-2012, 10:04 PM

The Sound of Music is hugely overrated and it has a Bi-polar plot that goes from silly and fun and then down right smurfing serious at times and can't make it's mind up what to be.

[So stop playing it at Christmas time please ]

I love the 80's version of Babes in Toyland because it's so hilarious.

The Two Towers suck. Especially the battle at Helm's Deep. I literally dozed off at that scene. An hour-long fight scene with rain and darkness all over is not interesting!

I agree about star wars.

maybee
10-31-2012, 09:33 AM
Avatar was a boring, pretentious, political wankfest by James Cameron and if you liked the film for anything more than it's special effects then you should have your eyes plucked out so you can be discouraged from encouraging him to make more of this trite.

This so much. ^^^^

Shauna
10-31-2012, 11:27 AM

I don't actually think I've met anyone who actually liked Avatar. xD

Goldenboko
10-31-2012, 12:01 PM
Re: Signs. It was hinted they weren't here for the planet, they were here for us.

Quindiana Jones
10-31-2012, 03:48 PM
I don't understand the hate for Avatar, to be honest. It's an average film in every regard bar graphics. The plot is just a standard Pocahontas jig, the acting is alright, the soundtrack is unmemorable, but the film looks pretty.

Fuck Sam Worthington, though.

Laddy
10-31-2012, 05:22 PM
No one hates Avatar, they hate the fact that such an epic movie was wasted on such a silly script.

Quindiana Jones
10-31-2012, 05:28 PM
Oh right.

Yeah, that's fine.

sharkythesharkdogg
10-31-2012, 06:57 PM

The script is Dances With Wolves (No surprise, since they were written at the same time, Cameron admits this.)

The overtones for the whole film make it Fern Gully for adults.

Aliens vs. Predator was decent for the type of film it was. I mean, what were you people expecting? It's Aliens vs. Predator.

Laddy
10-31-2012, 06:59 PM
Aliens vs. Predator was decent for the type of film it was. I mean, what were you people expecting? It's Aliens vs. Predator.
Get. Out.

Shiny
10-31-2012, 07:09 PM

I don't actually think I've met anyone who actually liked Avatar. xD

This. The movie wasn't well-receieved by a majority of the people who watched it. Unfortunately it still did really well.

Some of you are way off in thinking your opinions are "unpopular"...

Hollycat
10-31-2012, 10:20 PM
I like avatar.

There has never been a scary horror film.
Whomever wrote the script for retribution needs to die now. Also the director.
Alice is actually a good character in the re movies. At least until afterlife. then the black guy was the best character
The second pokemon movie was better.

Laddy
10-31-2012, 10:47 PM
Biodome.

Hollycat
10-31-2012, 10:52 PM
Biodome.

Biodrone more like.

Laddy
11-01-2012, 12:05 AM
Oh, the cleverness. It burns.

Miriel
11-01-2012, 08:54 AM
This. The movie wasn't well-receieved by a majority of the people who watched it. Unfortunately it still did really well.

I watched Avatar a little while after it was released and across the board, everyone was telling me they LOVED it. It was only after awhile that the hate train really started going I think.

Slothy
11-01-2012, 12:35 PM

I watched Avatar a little while after it was released and across the board, everyone was telling me they LOVED it. It was only after awhile that the hate train really started going I think.

That was my experience as well, though I think I saw it the week after it came out maybe. I wasn't overly impressed by the trailers, but it was James Cameron directing an action movie so I kind of have to give him the benefit of the doubt (the man did direct too many classic action/sci-fi films to write him off completely). Aside from it being competently directed (and by that I pretty much mean there was little to no shaky cam crap), there wasn't really anything that good about it. But people were going on about how awesome it was and I was left just shaking my head wondering what everyone else was seeing.

Now, I wouldn't say it wasn't enjoyable in spots or that it was a complete waste of my time, but damn that made a lot of money that I just don't really think it deserved.

Pumpkin
11-01-2012, 07:33 PM
A Scanner Darkly was painful to watch. It actually hurt me.

I didn't like The Terminator. I thought it was awful. The acting was awful and the script was awful.

Shorty
11-01-2012, 07:35 PM
aww man I looove A Scanner Darkly!

Laddy
11-01-2012, 07:46 PM
aww man I looove A Scanner Darkly!
Yes. This is correct.

black orb
11-02-2012, 06:48 AM
>>> Movies suck..:luca:

Shiny
11-02-2012, 03:41 PM

Not in my circle of a mix of people who don't watch a lot of films and people who do. It also wasn't the case with any film critic I knew. They hated it when they first saw it. I didn't listen to any of them and went to see it anyway for myself even though my expectations were that it would be poorly written with great special effects. Lo and behold...

But yeah, it's not like many people actually like Avatar or The Last Airbender movie which is why the opinion of not liking those doesn't really pertain to an "unpopular opinion".

Biodome.
Oh, that reminds me, I like 90s movies starring Pauly Shore. :bigsmile:

Laddy
11-02-2012, 08:03 PM
I seriously just reported that post. Seriously. This is the worst post ever. You could post something that bashed corgis, Teddy Roosevelt, and Baldur's Gate II all in one an it would be fucking limit break'd compared to that post you just made.

maybee
11-03-2012, 05:28 AM
I seriously just reported that post. Seriously. This is the worst post ever. You could post something that bashed corgis, Teddy Roosevelt, and Baldur's Gate II all in one an it would be smurfing limit break'd compared to that post you just made.

Isn't that a bit harsh ? I mean this thread is called unpoplaur opinions. Note the opinions bit.

Slothy
11-03-2012, 07:15 PM
It would be a lot harsher if he weren't kidding.

Forsaken Lover
11-21-2012, 09:56 AM
I'm just gonna ignore the LOTR movie lovers. They have some nice music and acting but...better than the books?
Yeah no.

My Opinions:

ALL Harry Potter movies suck. No exceptions and no doubts. I've been an HP fan for over a decade and for about that length of time I've been a firm detractor of all the movies. Each movie follows the same formula:

1. Take the storyline of the book. Then take a crap on it and go read the SparkNotes version instead. Make a script out of that, making absolutely sure that you cram everything together in such a clumsy fashion that it robs every scene of any emotional power.

2. Make sure the acting cast is 95% awful. Bump it up to 96% after Richard Harris passes away.

3. Don't properly use Alan Rickman's amazing talent so you correctly portray Snape. Make sure he is always calm, always deadpan, always NOT AT ALL LIKE HIS CANON SELF.
He should have been half-crazed and screaming at the end of Half-Blood Prince but noooooo.

I smurfing hate those movies man. There is nothing redeeming about any of them at all. No, not even the chick who plays Hermione. I have Rule 34 for that.

Moving on...

The Star Wars Original Trilogy is pretty bad. Good acting, music and effects (for the time) prop up a thoroughly unoriginal story with bland as as old bread characters.
The lightsaber fights are also just laughable. The mighty Jedi and Sith fight like complete idiots.

The first three Pirates of the Caribbean films are good. Dead Man's Chest only barely fits the bill but I still like it.

Aaron Eckhart's Harvey Dent/Two-Face was the real star of The Dark Knight, not Heath Ledger's Joker.

Shorty
11-21-2012, 10:06 AM
:stare:

Shiny
11-23-2012, 06:54 AM
I seriously just reported that post. Seriously. This is the worst post ever. You could post something that bashed corgis, Teddy Roosevelt, and Baldur's Gate II all in one an it would be smurfing limit break'd compared to that post you just made.
Hahahaha, that's awesome! Thank you for that. :lol:

I just watched Bio Dome again today. :bigsmile:

I have Rule 34 for that.
Which is?

Laddy
11-23-2012, 06:58 AM
I have Rule 34 for that.
Which is?
1. Go to Google Search
2. Turn off SafeSearch
3. Type in your favorite childhood show and rule 34.
4. Profit!

But really, don't. Don't.

Forsaken Lover
11-23-2012, 08:04 AM
[QUOTE=Forsaken Lover;3168667] I have Rule 34 for that.
Which is?

http://i.imgur.com/YsYKZ.jpg

Tis the ability to find porn of anything you like. And I mean anything. Even things you don't want porn of.

I probably should have just said "I have the internet". Rule 34 doesn't really 100% fit Emma Watson since there's plenty of actual sexy pics of her without me looking for drawings too.

The Man
11-23-2012, 08:47 AM
If you don't have nudes of Emma Watson then it doesn't really count as Rule 34 of her :colbert:

My apparently unpopular opinions:

Avatar and Titanic weren't that bad. Overrated, yes, but hardly terrible movies like a lot of people seem to say.

Network is a better allegory for politics in modern America than anything that has been released since. The only thing I can think of that's even come close is Lincoln.

While The Phantom Menace was unforgivably awful, Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith weren't actually that bad, and the latter might even be described as a decent film.

Some of the Star Wars novels have more interesting plots and writings than any of the films.

Forsaken Lover
11-23-2012, 10:54 AM
That last bit is just a plain fact. The writers of the novels have infinitely more talent than Lucas or anyone else who worked on the movies.

The Thrawn Trilogy alone is like a billion times better than all the movies combined.

I'd also say some of the games have better plots - namely KOTOR II. "What? The Force isn't a childish good and evil dynamic? Perish the thought!"

Shiny
11-23-2012, 11:32 AM
Network is a better allegory for politics in modern America than anything that has been released since.
This is so so so not unpopular at least not if you speak to a group of film students or critics and I entirely agree.

Sorry I asked about the Rule 34. :erm:

The Man
11-25-2012, 12:43 AM
Quantum of Solace really wasn't a bad film at all. Its problem is that it wasn't really a Bond film.

krissy
11-25-2012, 04:09 AM
i really liked quantum of solace also actually
casino was better but it's hard to follow up casino
quantum had a better soundtrack

Slothy
11-25-2012, 01:58 PM
Chalk me up as liking Quantum actually. Sure it couldn't top Casino, and there are better Bond films, but it was far from terrible and at least wrapped up some of the loose threads from Casino nicely.

fire_of_avalon
11-25-2012, 02:57 PM
I don't like James Bond. I would see the newer three because I think Daniel Craig is a fine example of masculinity and because Skyfall is just a cool title.

*runs*

Raistlin
11-25-2012, 05:03 PM
Even though Bond is British, not enjoying Bond in general is still anti-American and anti-freedom. Why do you love terrorists, Megan?

Quantum of Solace still sucked, though.

kotora
11-25-2012, 05:09 PM
Quantum of Solace really wasn't a bad film at all. Its problem is that it wasn't really a Bond film.

That actually convinced me to go download the movie now. I'm absolutely not into that cheesy typical Bond crap whatsoever so if it's gonna be just Craig Daniel being badass for an hour and a half I'm fine with it.

The Man
11-25-2012, 05:20 PM
That's not all there is to it, though there is indeed probably an hour and a half of Daniel Craig being badass. It was a lot more political than the typical Bond film. It would probably have fit better as a Bourne film than a Bond film. If that makes any sense.

It's also worth noting that he's angsting pretty badly for a lot of the film, but considering what he'd gone through it makes sense. If you haven't seen Casino Royale a lot of the plot might be close to incomprehensible. Casino Royale isn't exactly a typical Bond film either; it deconstructs a lot of the tropes used by most of the earlier Bond films.

kotora
11-26-2012, 01:29 AM
Saw it earlier today - it's not bad at all! It was too much action focused, bit superb filming work and Craig was badass. Way better than everything else made before Casino Royale.

Breine
11-26-2012, 07:44 PM
Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull is a pretty good movie.

Skyfall was mediocre, and I don't get all the hype.

El Orfanato (The Orphanage) wasn't scary.

Marie Antoinette is a good movie, and many people missed the point it tried to make.

Christopher Nolan's Batman trilogy was great and all, but Batman Returns is still the best Batman movie.

Also, I enjoy Elizabethtown.

Forsaken Lover
11-27-2012, 06:38 AM
Pierce Brosnan was the best Bond, Xenia was the best Bond girl (she counts) and I liked The World Is Not Enough. Well, I remember liking it. Haven't seen it in years. The theme song is pretty happenin'.
Garbage - The World Is Not Enough (Live "Late Show with David Letterman" 1999) - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keUi5ut5EGw)

Tom Cruise is a very good actor. His Scientology antics made a lot of people bitch about him but come on - Interview with the Vampire, A Few Good Men, Jerry Maguire...the list goes on and on. Valkyrie was pretty cool too.

And speaking of Interview, Lestat was his best performance ever. Also fuck anyone who compares Anne Rice's classics with Twilight.

NeoCracker
11-27-2012, 06:46 AM
Pierce Brosnan was the best Bond, Xenia was the best Bond girl (she counts) and I liked The World Is Not Enough. Well, I remember liking it. Haven't seen it in years. The theme song is pretty happenin'.
Garbage - The World Is Not Enough (Live "Late Show with David Letterman" 1999) - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keUi5ut5EGw)

Tom Cruise is a very good actor. His Scientology antics made a lot of people bitch about him but come on - Interview with the Vampire, A Few Good Men, Jerry Maguire...the list goes on and on. Valkyrie was pretty cool too.

And speaking of Interview, Lestat was his best performance ever. Also fuck anyone who compares Anne Rice's classics with Twilight.

Oh I'll compare them alright.

And this comparison ends very favorably with Ann Rice. And I don't even like her books. :p

Laddy
11-27-2012, 06:46 AM
No, Tom Cruise is an excellent actor. I think most people share the idea he is a good actor despite the crazy.

Wolf Kanno
11-27-2012, 07:00 AM
E.T. is a terribly boring movie.

Steven Spielberg is a hit and miss director not the"Greatest Director of all Time"

Alien 3 is the best of the Alien films.

Ghostbusters is still one of the best 80s movie of all time.

Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within was actually a pretty good Sci-Fi flick.

Jack Black has never starred in a good live action film.

Actors are a rare breed in Hollywood, the majority of film actors we see are simply John Wayne-esque characters who simply play as themselves and get roles cause they have quirky personalities. It's not because they can become the character it's because the character was written to be them.

blackmage_nuke
11-27-2012, 07:14 AM
All the Rocky movies are equally as good/bad as each other. Theyre just good/bad in different ways

Hollycat
11-27-2012, 02:56 PM
E.T. is a terribly boring movie.

Steven Spielberg is a hit and miss director not the"Greatest Director of all Time"

Alien 3 is the best of the Alien films.

Ghostbusters is still one of the best 80s movie of all time.

Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within was actually a pretty good Sci-Fi flick.

Actors are a rare breed in Hollywood, the majority of film actors we see are simply John Wayne-esque characters who simply play as themselves and get roles cause they have quirky personalities. It's not because they can become the character it's because the character was written to be them.
As long as this last statement didn't include johnny depp, there isn't one part I don't agree with.

Breine
11-27-2012, 06:49 PM

High Fidelity and The Muppets are good movies. And School of Rock and Mars Attacks are decent. But other than that... yeah.

Bubba
11-27-2012, 07:00 PM
Black Swan was the dullest and most overrated film I have ever seen.

Shoeberto
11-27-2012, 07:08 PM
No, Tom Cruise is an excellent actor. I think most people share the idea he is a good actor despite the crazy.
Yeah, that's never been an issue for me. Just with people like that, it reaches a point for me where I can't separate their performances from their personality. I loved Kanye West's music for a long time but I just can't listen to it anymore without associating it with his douchebag personality. Same with Tom Cruise. To each their own, I guess.

Shorty
11-27-2012, 07:23 PM

High Fidelity and The Muppets are good movies. And School of Rock and Mars Attacks are decent. But other than that... yeah.

Jack Black was in High Fidelity?

Red Mage Coffman
11-27-2012, 07:42 PM
Final Fantasy Spirits Within was a GREAT movie. Yeah, I said it. And so was Super Mario Bros!

Okay, not really. Spirits Within was horrid and Super Mario Bros was only good for a laugh.

I'm not real big on Star Wars or Lord of the Rings. I could be, but I don't care enough to go through the motions of watching them.
I find Robin Williams to be funny. Most people think he's a bad actor and that he isn't funny. I like him. To some extent.
I thought Johnny Depp in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory was a pedophile and that that movie shouldn't have existed.
I am Legend is over rated and the ending sorta sucked.

Forsaken Lover
11-27-2012, 08:48 PM
Robin Williams has received multiple Academy Award nominations and is an amazingly versatile performer. His ability to play both funny characters like Genie or genuinely terrifying killers is a rather astounding gift.

He probably doesn't get the credit he deserves but I don't know who would claim he's a bad actor.

And I think most people agree Charlie and the Chocolate Factory was a total waste.

Wolf Kanno
11-27-2012, 09:04 PM

He only starred in one of those movies. He's fine when he's a side character( as you mention The Muppets, High Fidelity, and Mars Attacks) but when he's the leading role he falls flat cause he's largely just obnoxious. I say live action cause he did a good job in the Kung-Fu Panda films.

The Man
11-27-2012, 09:38 PM

Jack Black was in High Fidelity?

Yeah he was one of the record store employees iirc.

Shorty
11-27-2012, 09:46 PM
Wait, I was confusing High Fidelity with High Tension. Carry on.

Forsaken Lover
01-04-2013, 06:40 AM
I think Hayden Christensen did a good job as Anakin.

That kid in Episode 1 though... He's a big reason I only watch the end of that movie.

blackmage_nuke
01-04-2013, 06:49 AM
The Green Hornet was an amazing film. Im not sure if this is an unpopular opinion but the 6 on imdb seems to imply so.

Araciel
01-04-2013, 03:10 PM
The Hobbit wasn't that fucking long.