PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy XIV’s New Character Creation Interface

Raistlin
10-24-2012, 11:03 PM
Square-Enix has just released screenshots from the new character creation interface that has been built for Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn. Check them out below!

Chicks dig scars. It’s really the only reason Rinoa liked Squall.

You can apparently see your character in different environments.

The first thing that leaps out at me from the screenshots is the much greater degree of customization that is allowed from the new interface. Lip color? Highlights? You could spend all day just going through the options if you wanted.

And of course, female characters have a “Bust Size” option.

That’s “very large”? But she can still stand up straight!

It looks like the development team has done a lot of work to revamp the character creator. The options for “facial features” still seem fairly limited, though they vary substantially between the sexes/races, and I’m sure more options will be added as the game develops.

What do you think about the new interface? Are you eager to make a new character for A Realm Reborn?

Jinx
10-25-2012, 01:52 AM
So pretty! Will players who already have characters be able to change their characters with the new customizer?

Raistlin
10-25-2012, 02:06 AM
According to recent interviews (http://home.eyesonff.com/content/2024-new-info-ps3-version-final-fantasy-xiv-realm-reborn.html), the plan is to allow current players to remake their 1.x character for 2.0 during the first few months or so after the launch.

I wonder what bust size you'll choose. :p

Del Murder
10-25-2012, 05:25 AM
Finally women have a choice of whether to give their characters huge breasts or super huge breasts.

Miriel
10-25-2012, 09:59 AM
I hope there's a similar penis bulge sizing option for the guys.

Mirage
10-25-2012, 12:58 PM
Because dick bulge sizes vary in size as greatly as boobs do!

Strangely, I seem to remember a chest slider for males in the earlier character creation screenshots. Seems to be gone now. I guess it would have adjusted upper torso size relative to lower torso. Maybe that's all part of the "build" option now.

Personally, I'll pick a small bust size, so that I can more easily trick people into believing I am a female in real life. Because only guys pick the biggest boobs available, right?

Jinx
10-25-2012, 01:21 PM
Personally, I'll pick a small bust size, so that I can more easily trick people into believing I am a female in real life. Because only guys pick the biggest boobs available, right?

False.

Raistlin
10-25-2012, 10:42 PM
I have to side with Del and Miriel that the boob adjuster is pretty ridiculous. It is true that boob size is something more readily ascertainable than penis size, but it is difficult to see this as anything but blatant attempt at bumping up the sex appeal.

Ouch!
10-25-2012, 11:02 PM
Boob slider was actually something that people widely requested on the forum. Believe it or not, that kind of thing is becoming pretty standard for MMOs, and a lot of people felt that the lack of inclusion of a boob size slider in the original product was part of Square Enix falling behind industry standards.

Mirage
10-25-2012, 11:10 PM

False.

Oh, well. I'll just pick the biggest jugs I can, then.

Miriel
10-25-2012, 11:18 PM
I don't think it's ridiculous, I think every aspect of a character's appearance should be adjustable. Including having NO tits at all to having giant tits, as well as putting a lot of junk in a male character's front pocket.

If the option is limited to big tits, or huge tits, then I have a problem with that.

Raistlin
10-26-2012, 12:03 AM
I agree with that entirely. I would be perfectly fine with everything being adjustable, and boob sliders being a natural progression of that. My problem lies with boobs being targeted out for sex appeal.

Del Murder
10-26-2012, 12:31 AM
Boob slider was actually something that people widely requested on the forum. Believe it or not, that kind of thing is becoming pretty standard for MMOs, and a lot of people felt that the lack of inclusion of a boob size slider in the original product was part of Square Enix falling behind industry standards.
Finally we discover the truth of why the game did so poorly at launch.

Speaking of behind, can we adjust those too? I like some junk in my Mithra's trunk.

Ouch!
10-26-2012, 01:33 AM
Speaking of behind, can we adjust those too? I like some junk in my Mithra's trunk.
I wholeheartedly support this. Dat ass.

maybee
10-26-2012, 06:05 AM
If Final Fantasy XV's main female has huge boobs that bounce and are ten times bigger than Tifa Lockhart's don't look surprised guys.

Mirage
10-26-2012, 09:27 AM
Why not?

Rostum
10-26-2012, 12:34 PM
Looking really nice! :) I so can't wait for this.