PDA

View Full Version : Post your EoFF History

Miriel
10-25-2012, 09:13 PM
Start from the beginning. Hit on the most memorable moments, events and people that make up your history here and take it all the way to the present.

Use whatever storytelling format you'd like.

Extra points for style and presentation and also if you include a timeline chart.

Please and thank you. :)

Bunny
10-25-2012, 09:15 PM
I came, I saw, and I came again.

Shorty
10-25-2012, 09:18 PM
It's going to take me a while to write this up!

What's up your sleeve, lady?

Shoeberto
10-25-2012, 09:22 PM
Once upon a time I was 11 and liked Final Fantasy and I found out I liked talking to people online much more than in real life, because school sucked.

Things were like that for a long time, but then I graduated high school, then college, then got a job, and had a period of time where I went slightly crazy. Now I'm happily living with a girlfriend with a dog and two cats and post because I get bored when I'm building code and reddit isn't enough to sustain me anymore.

Clo
10-25-2012, 09:36 PM
One time my ex-boyfriend went on vacation and I was all "derp I'm bored I'ma talk to people on the internet" and then I found this place and my life was ruined forever.

This is a great forum though. Nice conversations. It sucks that there are rules, though.

Miriel
10-25-2012, 09:45 PM
Unsuitably vague. Particularly Shoeberto, who left out all the interesting bits (although congrats on the cohabitation :)).

It's going to take me a while to write this up!

What's up your sleeve, lady?
Take your time! I want to see how well people remember their histories here. Most of us have spent years on EoFF. Let's see what happened in all that time.

Laddy
10-25-2012, 09:47 PM
I joined. Shit happened.

There?

Shorty
10-25-2012, 09:49 PM
Explain yourself. :colbert:

Shoeberto
10-25-2012, 10:00 PM
Unsuitably vague. Particularly Shoeberto, who left out all the interesting bits (although congrats on the cohabitation :)).
Thanks. There really is a lot of stuff that I find interesting (without sounding too full of myself) in there but it's not stuff I feel terribly comfortable talking about right now (largely due to my job, which I'm also not very comfortable talking about). I certainly do feel like someday I could write a book on my life and the weird stuff that's happened though.

Quindiana Jones
10-25-2012, 10:08 PM
A while back, I joined as Godzilla3001(?). I visited this site looking for chocograph guides. I posted a little in the FF9 forum, then left. Later, after having completely forgotten about that account, I made a new one: Pure Quin14. I stayed in the FF9 forum for about a year before journeying into GC. I spammed some. I changed my name every year. I pwned Del. Then I changed my name some more. I haven't really got any claims to fame other than my name.

And my sweet rhymes.

Shauna
10-25-2012, 10:09 PM
I shall perhaps have a go at writing up something tomorrow, when I have more time. :}

Formalhaut
10-25-2012, 10:13 PM
Following Quin's example, I came, I went, I came again.

Quindiana Jones
10-25-2012, 10:23 PM
Hah! Suck it, Bunny!

Chris
10-25-2012, 11:06 PM
2002: Friend tries to persuade me to join this place, but I decline due to time restraints.

2003: Friend, "accidentally" creates an account for me, but then is banned.

2004: June, 2004, finally decides to join.

2004-2006: Spends A LOT of time harassing people with my Grace Jones fetish. Everything comes to a boiling point, and I snatch a Ciddie Award for "Weirdest Member". Won two that year, but none since. I remember being somewhat of a bother to Leeza, but that turned out rather nicely, thank God. God, I won't even get into all of "our" attempts to take-over the place. Zuzu, Zeldy, Tama2 and a couple more. Good times.

2006: The Staff's had enough of my Grace Jones flashing, and I am banished to the wastelands. This is quite possibly my darkest hour yet, and I lose everything I had here. Position is everything at EoFF, and my glory days are long forgotten and I became a stranger to a couple of EoFF generations.

2010: After four years, I am back. Some vaguely remembers me, and the other way around. Psy is Psy, and Foa is lovely as ever. Zuzu, Zeldy and Tama2 are long gone. I knew little Zeldy when she was 12, and now she's like... what? 20?

2011-Now: Currently, things are going smoothly. People seem to remember me, and I am slowly regaining consciousness after so many years of utter desolation. I think, perhaps, I will make an effort to... Win me another Ciddie! I mean, it has been six years... Hoping that this pathetic little rant will score some points. :(

This is the truth. But not the whole truth.

Bunny
10-25-2012, 11:07 PM
Hah! Suck it, Bunny!

I came before it was cool.

Denmark
10-25-2012, 11:09 PM
i wanted to play ff1 again so i visited brian carper's cool website now known as "ffclassic.net - it's broken!". i had played ff1 in my younger days but you can only get so far when you rent it for a weekend and you're 6 years old or less. no patience for the amount of grinding required. but i digress.

so after actually acquiring a copy of the game for the NES and fanboying over unne's amazing website for days? weeks? idk. I found a link on his page to some forum he was an administrator on and decided to join it for whatever reason. I posted a few times in the FF1 forum but everyone knows how inactive that place is because who wants to play a 25 year old game? the new ones are in THREEEEEEE DEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

my original joining was in late 2000, as Astos. and then one day the forums got moved to a new server or something happened and i thought my account had been deleted but i'm pretty sure I just had to log in. so I created a new account and was confused as to why I couldn't create an account as Astos again. this adds to my "i just had to log in" theory. so on March 28 2001 I registered the account Fiend. it was around this point in time that I had started to expand my Final Fantasy playing experiences beyond the first one (actually, in my desperation to play FF1 again as a 12 year old, I rented FFII (FFIV) and played that for a bit; again, not getting very far because only one weekend, and me being bad at video games as a child) and I had discovered that elemental fiends existed in more than just the original Final Fantasy, thus this was the inspiration for the new name.

so with my new name and a little more life experience in my bones, I continued to only post in the FF forums. But i reached beyond the FF1 forum, and I also discovered emulators around this point in time (this is an important fact that will affect the rest of my life beyond this point. I kid you not.). the details from here on are a little fuzzy, because I think I also stepped away from EoFF the first time a little after this. not going to look at the beginning of my post history for specific details, but I'm pretty sure I missed 2002 in EoFF history. but one day in late 2002 or early 2003, i think, for whatever reason I decided to make a triumphant return.

and did I ever return!

I don't remember what it was that brought me back to this place, but that's also not really the important part of the next 2 years. the most important foundations of my internet upbringing were two offshoot forums of our dear old Eyes On Final Fantasy, known as Aiyon and Random Foolishness.

Aiyon was the first. created by our overlord Newbie Daniel Towns, I think it was a place for some RPing world or something? I honestly can't remember the intent of the content, because that wasn't the point. this was the first forum where I was an early adopter, and began to insert myself into the community almost immediately. Aiyon was just...you had to be there, you had to EXPERIENCE it. it was just awesome :wasim:

Random Foolishness was created by Moomba Misstress, I believe? It was nowhere near the size of EoFF, not even as big or as active as Aiyon. What was important about this one were the friendships I forged there. notable names here are Psychotic, Misfit, and Rye. yeah, THEM. my activity here coincided with an increase of activity at EoFF, and also the start of my LiveJournal days.

LJ was the thing that everyone did and those of you who were around then know exactly what it was like, because it was like that. I played it just like everyone else; occasional life posts, occasional memes, constant spam on other people's entries.

and then like 2004-2009 was pretty stagnant in terms of growth. my internet life was EoFF and LJ for the most part, and I was happy like that. it worked for me. and then in 2009 or 2010 i was a big jerkface idiot and left for whatever reason. And then i completely lost contact with all my friends because i was a jerk. and then like a month or two ago i drunkenly contacted our lovely Shorty and she told me to come back and post in a thread. and so I did that, and then I decided to keep posting more. and now I'm back, in classic style, sort of.

so there, that's probably my longest ever post on this forum, and I left out six years of detail.

Quindiana Jones
10-25-2012, 11:11 PM
I came while it was warm.

Also, I never forgot you, Chris! You were occasionally a bit of a nob to everybody back in the day. xD

Flaming Ice
10-25-2012, 11:53 PM
I made an account before (Raging King) but can't activate, got an e-mail about the poster contest and decided to make a different account and actually post a bit.

I wanted my other account's name but this one's okay.

Quindiana Jones
10-26-2012, 12:20 AM
The staff can merge your accounts and change your name, if you let them know. Which you just did.

Goldenboko
10-26-2012, 12:27 AM
I came. I saw. I conquered.

Flaming Ice
10-26-2012, 02:05 AM
The staff can merge your accounts and change your name, if you let them know. Which you just did.

Oh, okay, thanks.

I probably accidently deleted the post to activate my other account.

Sephex
10-26-2012, 02:07 AM
Belto Maxon.

And how well I have been accepted since I started to frequent the forum since early January.

I Took the Red Pill
10-26-2012, 02:18 AM
I needed help beating FATE in Chrono Cross. I went by a different username back then, I think it was atmskater13 or something like that, and I think I had joined in November 2004; that sounds about right, anyways (yes, that means this is a second account, though atmskater13 had almost no posts. ban me, sluts.)

From then on things were uneventful until Levian contacted me out of the blue thru PM to help him try to prank Kyono (now DK). IT was something about convincing him a hot girl wanted to jump his bones. Being the massive failure that I was, I accidentally sent the PM with all the details to Kyono instead of Levian. Then the three of us became good friends, and thus began the era of excessive usernoting for me.

Kyono, Levian, LunarWeaver, Denmark, Cz, Rocket Edge, Shiny, Hearts, kikimm, Psychotic, and plenty more gave me what I still consider my most enjoyable times here, those being just smurfing around in usernotes.

Other fun things, not in chronological order 'cause I can't remember, include:

Chin Patrol
The Party
Mafia in its earlier stages
Playing Gunbound
Trying and failing at making my own signatures
Fool's Gold

And yeah, I don't really feel like elaborating or typing more, so :greenie:

Rye
10-26-2012, 02:19 AM
I joined in 2002, when I was 12 years old, because I was confused during one of the first boss fights in Final Fantasy X. From there was a tumultuous journey into the bowels of BAoTW and Random Foolishness, as I made friends from all over the world and whined my angsty teenager years away on LJ. I played a lot of TOT on #eoff and Joel Holmes him on me a few times, when he wasn't talking about Chun Li's thighs.

Over the years, I did loads of things, shared loads of photos and graphic design with all sorts of wonderful people, and I even played Habbo Hotel and Acrowars and had many a late night MSN convo. Sometimes I even teabagged Psychotic on Halo.

I had a lot of laugh loads and I met Huxley, whom I dated for a while and moved in with for a while. I became a moderator and got to see secret photographs that Loony BoB collected of Raistlin's buttcheeks in tights. And then I left because life drop kicked me with business.

I've come back since I'm more settled into my post-college lifestyle of working. And because I miss... you all. :bigsmile:

Jiro
10-26-2012, 04:19 AM
I found EoFF while searching for chocobos. I didn't join then, but it stuck in my head and I lurked for a while. Then I wanted some FMVs or something, so I registered in August 2004 as Sir Cloud. There's a nice story to that.

Freya and My Little Pokey are responsible for everything I've achieved here. I was also supported by the likes of The Summoner of Leviathan, Bunny, G13 and NorthernChaosGod. These were the first people to take notice of me and try to befriend me, despite my repeated attempts to get involved in EoFF and meet people. I still have the Private Message from Loony BoB that said I wasn't well known enough to take part in the first Gang War.

Lots of things happened, but none of it matters much. I met a lot of people and tried to be the best member I could. I wanted to improve EoFF and give everyone a taste of what the oldbies called the Golden Age. I did what I could.

Now I'm just here to reach the No. 1 Poster's spot. Once I've hit the peak I can retire knowing I tried to breathe life into a place that I always felt somewhat excluded by.

Tigmafuzz
10-26-2012, 04:33 AM
2005: Joined for an unknown reason

Present: I continue to hate you all. :bigsmile:

Freya
10-26-2012, 07:03 AM
I joined in 2004. I lurked a lot before that when I needed FFIX stuff. I joined in 04 and sparsely posted. It wasn't until 2005 that I really got involved with EoFF. I would post from school etc etc.

I made a bunch of friends here. My first real friend I had was Jojee. We even went and had us a Neskaya for cute graphics. That place was thriving until we just kinda dropped it.

Honestly I'm behind a lot of stuff. Do you remember massive MSN convos back in like 07-08? Yeahhhhhhh. You're welcome! I usually was the one involved in those things. I, at one time, somehow acquired like 200 eoffers on there. I don't know who all they were, at the time I did I think.

I've "pruned" several staffers. hahaha enough it took me till this year to be made an Editor. I will claim pontus as part of it RANTZ YOU'RE CLAIMED. I have this weird, I make friends and then they get staffed, thing. Pontus was the first. Really I had nothing to do with Rantz being ck'd but I'm still claiming him anyway. Then Jiro and GXIII. Oh and i'm totally claiming GoBo too. He didn't make it until I started talking to him again. Well I mean we've always kinda talked but this was more than waking up to the drunken voicemails he used to leave me. Oh I guess I can claim Millie too. OH AND SHORTY TOO. I started talkign to shorty a lot and she was staffed. So really, other than dating milf, befriend me and you'll get staffed.... sometimes.

I liked to plant ideas in Jiro and G13's heads a lot too haha. Poor boys were being used a lot for things like forum events and ideas haha. They knew it though :kaoclove:

I had my share of good friends made here, Justy and The Summoner of Leviathan being the two that I've really kept up with the longest. Well except Psychotic. I remember messaging him in 2004 about stupid trout cause I thought he was cool. He always corrected my grammar, though. Bunny is a great friend too. 'Cept when he punched me and didn't want to hang out with me. Demondude is actually a good friend too. Dak and gobo are my "guys" right now.

In fact... I have a lot of friends. Too many maybe! eek!

Lately now I seem to be closer with more people than before. Before I just wanted to know everyone and to be known cause I was young and stupid. Now I know more people on a more personal level than before. I have the luck of occasionally playing games with Psy, DK, Hux, and Iceglow. If you guys want to have some silly shenanigan fun, it'd be with those guys. Or you can play minecraft with Psy. He makes a mean cake! Or talking to the newbies TB and Millie! I collect newbies too. I usually find one and try to befriend them so they'll stick around :shifty: it works mostly and look now you have a new editor and a new boobitor! Of course i'm not the reason they actually stick around but i'd like to believe I am! Let me think i'm awesome mmkay?

I've always tried to get involved in the events, mafia really was a big one. I got WAY too into that in highschool when the thing was first starting. It paid off though! I was made an Editor this year ^_^ I love writing and I love journalism so it works out great. Plus I get to work with the other editors and contributors to make this place grow and I couldn't ask for more on that. I love EoFF so it's great that I can help it out now.

Now though, i've been really busy with that whole real life thing and haven't been doing as much with the frontsite but don't you fret, i'll get back into the swing of it soon!

tl;dr Freya Name Drops a lot of people.

EDIT: Other important EoFFers in my life. To just name drop more people
Denmark when I was a teenager he put up with me and my nonsense.
krissy for being he first legit canadian I met irls
Raistlin for listening to me crying about boys in the am hours on the phone when I was in college.
NCG for letting me spam his fb with lady gaga videos
Aracial for being a giant.
Rengori for being super awesome and hanging out with me in denver.
foa for being an awesome badass i've always looked up to :3

That's all i can think of right now. Some of you have had a bigger influence on me than you know ^_^ Thank you for that.

Shauna
10-26-2012, 07:26 AM
Now I'm just here to reach the No. 1 Poster's spot. Once I've hit the peak I can retire knowing I tried to breathe life into a place that I always felt somewhat excluded by.

This just made me super sad. ;_;

Lonely Paper Star
10-26-2012, 07:52 AM
Joined back in 2005. I think there was a specific reason, but I forgot why... so I'll just say it was because I'm a Final Fantasy fangirl. Usually a lurker at most forums, I only made a handful of posts, a couple during one summer and then another couple a whole year later in 2006. Then I stopped. I had gotten distracted by a lot of other things, like other forums (I was really into Gaia), school, and people.

But then I got an email about the poster giveaway, even all these years later. I thought, why not?, so I came back. Doing the questline tasks encouraged me to explore more around the forum. For the most part, the people here are fun, so much so that I'm still here even after the poster event is over.

Takara
10-26-2012, 09:52 AM
Once upon a time, I was the Queen of the BushHags.

Among other things, I also created a nation or something, almost became a Cid's Knight, got a cameo in the BAotW rpg, tossed a few ideas at Necro on AIM while he was working on The Power of Cheese, drew stuff on MSPaint with Necro, and participated in a karaoke. Then I stopped visiting this place regularly for some unknown reason.

Pike
10-26-2012, 10:21 AM

I don't ever want Jiro to reach that #1 spot because I never want him to leave.

Quindiana Jones
10-26-2012, 10:35 AM
On it.

Quindiana Jones
No, seriously, Pike. Don't worry.

Quindiana Jones
I can do this!

Quindiana Jones
10-26-2012, 10:36 AM
FOR JIRO!

Quindiana Jones
10-26-2012, 10:37 AM
...ugh, I am close, yet?

Faris
10-26-2012, 10:48 AM
Maybe if I had a decent memory I could share an interesting story.

What I somehow remember is that I lurked for 2-3 months before I joined so that I could post in the FFVIII trivia in 2004. Was really active until 2008-2009 when I started juggling a job and school. I recently came back so that I could talk to a certain few since I don't care for IMs anymore and because I missed this place.

Edit: looking through my old posts I can see that from 2009-2011 I was only posting during school breaks (I took full time courses during the summer) and honestly all I'm thinking is "I posted then? That can't be right :freak:"

Shauna
10-26-2012, 11:13 AM
April 2005, eh? I am not sure why I initially joined - I was probably linked here from my previous haunt, GameFAQs, when I was having trouble with FF9 or something. Who knows! All that matters that I came here, right? I tend to sign up for forums and then never really post, so I must have thought you guys were pretty swell. Some forums I guess can feel fairly clinical and unfriendly, but never EoFF, you've got a welcoming sort of feel to the place - I guess that convinced me to stay.

I'm sure my initial posts were typical of a 14 year old, my screen name was for sure - yuna_elena for those of you who forgot - but whatever, I had a bunch of fun. I'm pretty sure that a huge part of my love of this place entirely came from the chatroom. I don't know if I visited the chat immediately, or whether it took me a while to eventually sign on, but it definitely shaped my EoFF experience as a whole. Fairly sure being quite well known amongst the chatters is what got me a win for Best Newbie at those first Ciddies. I was actually so happy when I won, you wouldn't believe. xD The Ciddies late in the year I even got a handful of votes for best member - god knows why, I don't remember contributing that much to the forum. I guess that's why I only got a few, eh?

But yeah. Spiffing Cheese, Faris, Resha, Lenna and I were quite the crew, my first group of friends at EoFF. I never felt like I was truly part of the clique though, I was often not privy to all the stupid gossip and stuff which at the time bothered me, but now I'm like "Ugh, thank god". At some point along the way I also befriended Zeldy, Little Miss Awesome and smittenkitten - SK and Squinn ending up being the first EoFFers I met at a small interesting Glasgow meet. Met other EoFFers along the way also - BoB, Kyono, Levian.

I joined a bunch of spinoff forums along the way - I was definitely a member of Aiyon, for some reason. I signed up on tGA and then maybe posted once because I was terrified. God Hates Fraggles was a fun one, played some Gunbound with the guys over there. There are probably others, but I don't remember - need to be more memorable, guys! ;)

My first year was definitely the highest point of my EoFF life - lots of fun on chat, Yahoo! Messenger Voice Chats every day, the random Habbo Hotel raids (I still never got banned, dammit! :( )... I felt like part of the community. However, I removed myself from the internet for a month or so to study for exams in April 2006, and when I came back I couldn't reintegrate myself into the community for some reason. Friendships drifted and fell apart... I just lost my sense of belonging. :p That probably explains how I started to drift from EoFF itself.

Met Raebus late 2006. I still posted around the forum and was on the chatroom, but I don't believe I was ever nearly as active as I was in 2005. Dwindling activity until some point in 2008 when I just stopped. University distracted me with its fun, friends and drink. :p Most internet things I did beforehand just fell off my radar, which did lead to Raebus and I breaking up as I was just no longer in a place where a LDR could be sustained. Late 2008 was when I just stopped internetting on any huge level.

Over my university career I did often try to get back to EoFF, but it just couldn't hold my interest. I am pretty sure at some points I jumped onto the chatroom - at least once when I was drunk, this I know - but I never hung around long enough to have any desire to fully return to EoFF. Actually, I think there may have been a period between 2009-2010 (maybe) when I started posting a little bit again, but it was maybe a month or so. Looking through my posts, there was 2-3 months I posted in 2009 (covering my exam period, imagine that) and a month or so in 2011 (also covering my exam period, it's almost like I was bored or something xD). Regardless I was gone again pretty quick.

So here we are, 4 years later. Being unemployed means that I spend a lot of time at home not doing much. Mr Shauna and my flatmate had their internet haunts (reddit and 4chan respectively) and I needed to find one for myself. Of course, the place I immediately go for somewhere to hang out with cool people on the internet? EoFF. You guys have always stuck with me as being awesome, and that will probably never change. :3 It's sort of like being a newbie again though, coming back, everything is just a little bit different. But, I am meeting new people, reconnecting with old friends, and everything is great.

I never really gave anything back to the community in my time here, hoping I can maybe change this at some point. It is a goal I have now for my time at EoFF.

Just hope that when my next step happens in the real world, I don't drop off the face of the internet again. xD And this was probably overly sentimental at points, but uh, I'm a sentimental gal, what can I say. Also I waffle. Waffle waffle waffle. xD Also this is far too long and I am embarrassed to press post reply but dammit I spent an hour writing this.

Cuchulainn
10-26-2012, 11:16 AM
three pages of self indulgence. yay.

Jiro
10-26-2012, 11:35 AM

You're not as different from the rest of us as you would like to believe Sir Gareth. Even if it is only the opportunity to insult those far nerdier than you, something brings you back. It's good to have you here. Thank you for that one MSN conversation we had by the way. It helped me make a lot of changes.

Parker
10-26-2012, 02:09 PM
I would come and go for months each time. Tried being honest, tried being a liar, tried being lolRandom, tried trolling. Now I am a sick mesh of many gimmicks but I am mostly sincere and nice to talk to I hope. I have mostly grown up anyways.

Shiny
10-26-2012, 03:22 PM
2005: My friend was all, "hey join this Final Fantasy site since you like Final Fantasy." I was like "k." I participated mostly in Final Fantasy forums. General forum scared me and still does. The year of The Turks. Operation: Kill Philip Begel went in to effect and since in effect. Will end in 2030.

2006: User notes seemed cool so I did that. Attack of the Pom Pom year. I discovered BoB collects hair and probably several other human body parts. About three members stalked me because I wouldn't show my face and then Psychotic's cray cray ass looked up my high school. Also attack of the lovehurts year.

2007: Some random lesbian from EoFF hit on me. I consider this an accomplishment. (No it wasn't Anaisia). DeathKnight harassed me.

2008: Recorded a duet with Psychotic. We sung Time Warp. I give us an A+. #eoff drama happened or summtin'.

2009: Was this the first time I played Mafia? I can't even remember and too lazy to check. Anyway, this was attack of the Resha year.

2010: I think I participated in a CK comp and won or something. Or was this last year? Cba to store this information in my brain. ATTACK OF THE KANNO.

2011: A slow year. I was starting thesis, so I really don't remember what else was going on here.

2012: Doing stuff. Finally going to get the EoFF YouTube channel going this year. ^_^!!!

The most important years were 2006, when DynastKid recorded I Will Always Love You by Whitney Houston ;___; pretty emotional. And 2008-ish, when LunarWeaver recorded some weird ass rant in front of his mom's closet. I miss them both dearly. There's not enough gay here anymore. :(

EDIT: Oh crap, I forgot a whole bunch of other things, but many of the funniest crap happened in user notes , pm's, or #tot (but I can't even go in to most of those). I forgot to give a shout out to Mama Temp, who became my mother in 2006. She birthed me out of her internet womb.

One year, I freestyled with Shoberto. We had possibly the most amazing freestyle nerd battle ever. It lasted for about ten user notes.

Throughout the years, Rantzien, Psychotic, DK, Shoeberto/Hsu, I Took the Red Pill, Rye, Resha, Shlup, Boko, Quin, Fuijiko, Tavrobel, Deathknight, DynastKid, Venom, gunblademaster, and Justy have all made me realize what a freak of nature I am. I appreciate them all in "special" ways.

Rye
10-26-2012, 04:36 PM
:shobon:

Quindiana Jones
10-26-2012, 04:41 PM
Anaisia was a lesbian? Well, I'll be. No wonder she kept refusing my naked pics.

It's nice that so many people have enlightened you so, and I am proud to call myself one of them. :hattip:

Slothy
10-26-2012, 04:48 PM

Don't you dare ever leave me you beautiful Aussie bastard.

If you do, I will find you and dispense swift justice.

tl;dr Freya Name Drops a lot of people.

:doublecolbert:

Goldenboko
10-26-2012, 04:51 PM
Dear Kace,

I've talked to you forever! Remember when me and you got in that giant stupid fight. You ain't got no claim on me, you just finally had the power to push me into Staff. Biooootch! I'll probably do something on this eventually where I name drop as many people as you, but not til after lunch.

Chris
10-26-2012, 04:57 PM
All of you are far too young to remember Iri. She could be naughty.

Criminally Vulgar
10-26-2012, 05:07 PM
I'll just name-drop people in order of meeting.

Freya, Jiro, Kaiserdragon, Shion, Tifa's Boobs, Thecloudyday89.

fin

Araciel
10-26-2012, 05:16 PM
Lol Anaisa

Lol Iri

Crop
10-26-2012, 05:30 PM
I have no moments here. I joined 7 years ago and rarely post. It's hard to crack the shell that is EoFF, and don't have the dedication that Jiro has to make thousands of posts to do so.

Cuchulainn
10-26-2012, 05:33 PM

You're not as different from the rest of us as you would like to believe Sir Gareth. Even if it is only the opportunity to insult those far nerdier than you, something brings you back. It's good to have you here. Thank you for that one MSN conversation we had by the way. It helped me make a lot of changes.

I'm very different. Not saying I'm better, just different. What MSN converstion by the way?

EDIT: Think I remember it now. Didn't think I said much worth anything. I suppose if you sift through enough of the shit that comes out me gob you'll find the odd nut.

Old Manus
10-26-2012, 05:50 PM
I had a small novel typed out on the life and times of an internet dweller who once liked Final Fantasy a bit, but Cuchulainn made me reprioritise my life.

Cuchulainn
10-26-2012, 05:59 PM
I had a small novel typed out on the life and times of an internet dweller who once liked Final Fantasy a bit, but Cuchulainn made me reprioritise my life.

I don't wish to stuiffle your creative side you big merchant of berries. Walt away. Was just wary of another echo chamber full of indulgence, false modesty, name dropping and self congradulatory nonsense.

Tell me about your love of cricket and how you successfully groomed that 12 year old boy that one time

Del Murder
10-26-2012, 05:59 PM
Looking for FFII info. *throws wrenches*. *enforces*. Spam Brigade. a vey odd poem by auron. Fantasy football (2). Fanasy baseball (8). Elitist Party. Cid's Knight. Character Tournament. Arrested Development. hey sexy. Quina. Fresno Giants. Fireworks. Admin. Mr. EoFF. JLI. Eyeson's Next CK. Engaged. FFXIII-2 Event. Award Qu. Married.

Goldenboko
10-26-2012, 06:05 PM

I don't wish to stuiffle your creative side you big merchant of berries. Walt away. Was just wary of another echo chamber full of indulgence, false modesty, name dropping and self congradulatory nonsence.

Tell me about your love of cricket and how you successfully groomed thst 12 year old that one time

You seem grumpy, do you need someone to change the diaper you made a stinky in? :)

Quindiana Jones
10-26-2012, 06:13 PM
Cuch has made a lot of stinkies in a lot of nappies, Gobo. Narrow it down, some. ;)

Pumpkin
10-26-2012, 06:29 PM
Joined May 2011. Donated a lot of money to Movember last year. Won Best Newbie Ciddie in December. Really haven't done much else.

Pike
10-26-2012, 07:04 PM
I joined in 2005 because back then joining internet forums was the cool nerd thing to do. I was already well into college by that point so sadly I don't have any stories of being young and innocent.

Mostly I hung out in #eoff with the odd forum post every so often. Then I disappeared from both for a bit because I was a World of Warcraft e-celebrity and that was more exciting.

Then I quit that and came back and started posting/chatting again. Started dating Hux in like Feb 2011? We'd been best friends since FOREVER before that but we were always dating other people.

Early 2012 (Feb/March?) I volunteered to man the EoFF Facebook and Twitter because WHY NOT and this turned into a staff offer, which I wasn't expecting, but I guess I'm just that great. (Dramatization: I am really not that great.) I was made an Editor and then about a month later made a Cid's Knight.

That summer Jiro visited and dragged Huxley along with him; we played video games and ate pizza. I promptly kidnapped Hux and kept him in my room for a few months :bigsmile:

I ran the Ciddies. Swept the Ciddies as well which made running them awkward because I knew beforehand that I'd won everything.

Met Jason Lynch (Aexoden from chat); he fell into my bookshelf. That actually happened during the Ciddies revelation.

I think that pretty much covers my EoFF highlights. Did I namedrop enough people? I'm going to namedrop Cuch because it amuses me.

Flying Mullet
10-26-2012, 07:05 PM
Cuch has made a lot of stinkies in a lot of nappies, Gobo. Narrow it down, some. ;)
Oh god, please not a Guess Who thread about Cuch's stinkies.

Shorty
10-26-2012, 10:09 PM
September, 10th, 2001: I had joined FFO and been chatting there for... a month or so, maybe a few weeks. One day I joined and they kicked me for no reason! Tried to re-join, I was banned. Fine. Searched for other FF forums - #eoff was the next result with the most people in there. Why not! Spent the night chatting away and left the room several hours later with omg a boyfriend :love: (Kuecari). Before I signed off for the night, I joined the forums (as Demosthenes) because people prodded me to. The next morning September 11th happened and that was weird. It was devastating and horrible, but I had a feeling about being so excited because I had so much fun the night before and felt like I really found a group of friends that I connected to. I don't remember much of 2001 beside Kuecari, Aexoden, Angel and Seifer. Kuecari and I break up after two weeks. A little while later, I started dating Aexoden. Scottie hones in on me I and I break poor Jason's heart in the first few months of 2002.

2002: The rest of 2002 I don't really remember as far as EoFF goes. Parents got divorced, a lot of things started happening in my personal life. Beowulf is probably the most prominent person I remember being there for me and spending time with. I don't know what I'd have done without him at that point in my life. If I remember correctly, I was mostly running with DK, Joaquin and Tokki-Ru by that point in time and they + Beowulf are my best friends. m4tt and I meet in #eoff and get "married" and spend time playing footsie for months, essentially. This is probably the year I had my name changed to Shorty, though I can't remember.

2003: I get introduced to the world of LJ via m4tt, who I get together with around... April? My crew is still DK, Joaquin, Tokki, Beowulf, with introductions of Daniel, Miriamel. Mikztsu, Cheffie, Nait, Tiffiekins, RyuKishi, MecaKane, Britty, Mindflare, Denmark, Squally Leonharty, Giggles and CloudDragon are in there somewhere. Drama with Scottie and ladies of EoFF happens. Pretty sure #analgoatfarmers was created this year and thus the bond of Spiff, Kane, Hito, Nicolas, Halan, Linus and myself was created, featuring some members who randomly popped in from time to time. Acquired a microphone. Lots of recordings and voicechats. m4tt and I break up and that sucks. Pretty sure this was EoFF Webcamfest year. I'm pretty sure this is the year I spoke to Knox on the phone for the first time and it was one of the most delightful phone conversations I've ever had.

2004: Windshear befriends me and Daniel finds this hilarious. m4tt and I get back together. lol Sarah's 15 instead of 19. Things end with m4tt. I befriend Hito (I think this year?), Winged Sorceress, PG and VampireCrono. I get together with other obscure members of EoFF for very small amounts of time. I feel like I was mostly AWOL from the forums but active on #eoff. Daniel and I start talking on the phone pretty frequently at the end of the year. Pretty sure this is the year Hito and I spent four hours on the phone hopped up on Mountain Dew.

2005: Daniel and I get together and spend a bazillion hours on the phone together every day. My mom finds out and hates him because he is 20 and I am 16 but we still find ways to talk and spend time together. I befriend foaface. I become a little more active on #eoff and Daniel puts the fear of god into everyone to vote us for Cutest Couple for the Ciddies and we win. I am an asshole and break his heart when I meet up with Spiff in Las Vegas and sparks fly. We make up later and are as best of friends as ever but by this point in time I pretty much feel exiled from EoFF and leave again for a while.

2006: I was mostly AWOL. Except I moved within 45 minutes of Aexoden and he avoided me like the plague and six years later harasses me to visit him. :aimmad:

2007: Moved to Arizona with Spiff. Then broke up a few months later. Was still mostly AWOL.

2008: I start inching back toward EoFF. I thiiink I met Joaquin this year. Definitely in #eoff a lot more. Play Dokal for the first time and make a looot of new friends. Start talking to Rantz and we become best friends. Start becoming more active on EoFF. I thiiink I became friends with Misfit and Jowy this year, and by association, friends with Roogle. Pretty sure this was Ventrilo chat year. Roo, Jowy, Misfit and I had a four hour conversation and Misfit fell asleep on the phone and Jowy went AWOL, so Roo and I excluded them and talked forever. I want to say this is the year Rye and I became besties which consequently meant I became friends enemies with Huxley.

2009: Meet Linus and have a river floating pow wow with him and Spiff. It was simulaneously awesome and awkward. Not much else happened this year.

2010: Briefly reconnect with m4tt the night before his wedding, awkwardly! That was weird, since no one had heard from him since his nutso girlfriend trashed everyone on EoFF. Drama with Caraliz and every other member and nonsense being posted on the front site. I ran the EoFF Beard Contest and somehow won Best Female that year. Raistlin and I become friends after seeing eachother around on the forums for nine years. Met up with Kane who came to spend a couple days on my couch with his Canadian friend in November. Met G13 in December and it was amazing.

2011: Ranztien came to visit me for a month and we had a lovefest. During the time he was here, we met up with Genius Lynx/MDNA and Kalilung when they came through Phoenix, then NCG when we went to San Diego, then Necronopticus, Lamonda & Kawaii Ryukishi when we went to LA. Later that year I met My Little Pokey. Rantz and I broke up because I was lamesauce. Met up with Roogle at a gaming convention and we ate sushi and gossipped about you lot. I'm pretty sure I met up with G13 again around December or possibly November.

2012: Start inching my way back to kindof posting more around mid year. I meet up with Jiro and Jentleness. Jiro and I drive to San Diego and nearly die and he is one of my favorite people I have yet to meet. We have a night of lecherousness with NCG and say goodbye to go to La Jolla and LA the next day. Rantz and I start dating again in June of this year. Start making a lot of new friends and old connections in my most active year to date. Join the CK Competition and I wipe the floor with the contestants win by a couple of strokes of luck. Met Hito and krelbel recently and they were delightful. In two weeks I will be meeting Denmark, PG after him and Happy Noodle Boy later on. At the end of the year I will be visiting Rantz in Sweden for the first time and plan to move to Sweden to be with him next year.

I joined both Aiyon and God Hates Fraggles at one point, but I cannot recall anything from either of those forums except mindless bulltroutting.

Lots of things, places, people and nonsense probably weren't been mentioned because this is the bare bones of trout that has happened since I've been a part of EoFF.

Madame Adequate
10-26-2012, 10:13 PM
I joined, I had sex with Rye, now I have sex with Pike. I also became a CK.

Agent Proto
10-26-2012, 10:28 PM
Summer of 2000 I discovered EoFF. Things happened between then and now. 2006-2007 was my away period, I spent more time away from EoFF and doing other things online. 2008, I return to EoFF. I ran events, and tried my hardest to make EoFF a fun place, maybe for better or worse. Still try, but now I'm also in charge of running fan art showcase and the DA group.

Meh, I hate writing about my own history.

Aulayna
10-26-2012, 10:38 PM
I joined, posted about 20 times, left.

I joined again, posted about 20 times, left.

I joined *again*, posted about 20 times, left.

I joined once more and now I'm here!

Very exciting I know. :p

Miriel
10-26-2012, 11:06 PM
September, 10th, 2001: I had joined FFO and been chatting there for... a month or so, maybe a few weeks. One day I joined and they kicked me for no reason! Tried to re-join, I was banned. Fine. Searched for other FF forums - #eoff was the next result with the most people in there. Why not! Spent the night chatting away and left the room several hours later with omg a boyfriend :love: (Kuecari). Before I signed off for the night, I joined the forums because people prodded me to. The next morning September 11th happened and that was weird. It was devastating and horrible, but I had a feeling about being so excited because I had so much fun the night before and felt like I really found a group of friends that I connected to. I don't remember much of 2001 beside Kuecari, Aexoden and Seifer. Kuecari and I break up after two weeks. A little while later, I started dating Aexoden. Scottie hones in on me I and I break poor Jason's heart in the first few months of 2002.

2002: The rest of 2002 I don't really remember as far as EoFF goes. Parents got divorced, a lot of things started happening in my personal life. Beowulf is probably the most prominent person I remember being there for me and spending time with. I don't know what I'd have done without him at that point in my life. If I remember correctly, I was mostly running with DK, Joaquin and Tokki-Ru by that point in time and they + Beowulf are my best friends. m4tt and I meet in #eoff and get "married" and spend time playing footsie for months, essentially.

2003: I get introduced to the world of LJ via m4tt, who I get together with around... April? My crew is still DK, Joaquin, Tokki, Beowulf, with introductions of Daniel, Miriamel. Mikztsu, Cheffie, Nait, Tiffiekins, RyuKishi, MecaKane, Britty, Squally Leonharty and CloudDragon are in there somewhere. Drama with Scottie and ladies of EoFF happens. Pretty sure #analgoatfarmers was created this year and thus the bond of Spiff, Kane, Hito, Nicolas, Halan, Linus and myself was created, featuring some members who randomly popped in from time to time. Acquired a microphone. Lots of recordings and voicechats. m4tt and I break up and that sucks. Pretty sure this was EoFF Webcamfest year. I'm pretty sure this is the year I spoke to Knox on the phone for the first time and it was one of the most delightful phone conversations I've ever had.

2004: Windshear befriends me and Daniel finds this hilarious. m4tt and I get back together. lol Sarah's 15 instead of 19. Things end with m4tt. I befriend Hito (I think this year?), Winged Sorceress, PG and VampireCrono. I get together with other obscure members of EoFF for very small amounts of time. I feel like I was mostly AWOL from the forums but active on #eoff. Daniel and I start talking on the phone pretty frequently at the end of the year. Pretty sure this is the year Hito and I spent four hours on the phone hopped up on Mounain Dew.

2005: Daniel and I get together and spend a bazillion hours on the phone together every day. My mom finds out and hates him because he is 20 and I am 16 but we still find ways to talk and spend time together. I befriend foaface. I become a little more active on #eoff and Daniel puts the fear of god into everyone to vote us for Cutest Couple for the Ciddies. I am an asshole and break his heart when I meet up with Spiff in Las Vegas and sparks fly. We make up later and are as best of friends as ever but by this point in time I pretty much feel exiled from EoFF and leave again for a while.

2006: I was mostly AWOL. Except I moved within 45 minutes of Aexoden and he avoided me like the plague and six years later harasses me to visit him. :aimmad:

2007: Moved to Arizona with Spiff. Then broke up a few months later. Was still mostly AWOL.

2008: I start inching back toward EoFF. I thiiink I met Joaquin this year. Definitely in #eoff a lot more. Play Dokal for the first time and make a looot of new friends. Start talking to Rantz and we become best friends. Start becoming more active on EoFF. I thiiink I met Joaquin this year. Pretty sure I did. I thiiink I became friends with Misfit and Jowy this year, and by association, friends with Roogle. Pretty sure this was Ventrilo chat year. Roo, Jowy, Misfit and I had a four hour conversation and Misfit fell asleep on the phone and Jowy went AWOL, so Roo and I excluded them and talked forever.

2009: Meet Linus and have a river floating pow wow with him and Spiff. It was simulaneously awesome and awkward. Not much else happened this year.

2010: Briefly reconnect with m4tt the night before his wedding, awkwardly! That was weird, since no one had heard from him since his nutso girlfriend trashed everyone on EoFF. Drama with Caraliz and every other member and nonsense being posted on the front site. I ran the EoFF Beard Contest and somehow won Best Female that year. Raistlin and I become friends after seeing eachother around on the forums for nine years. Met up with Kane who came to spend a couple days on my couch with his Canadian friend in November. Met G13 in December and it was amazing.

2011: Ranztien came for visit me for a month and we had a lovefest. During the time he was here, we met up with Genius Lynx/MDNA and Kalilung when they came through Phoenix, then NCG when we went to San Diego, then Necronopticus, Lamonda & Kawaii Ryukishi when we went to LA. Later that year I met My Little Pokey. Rantz and I broke up because I was lamesauce. Met up with Roogle at a gaming convention and we ate sushi and gossipped about you lot. I'm pretty sure I met up with G13 again around December or possibly November.

2012: Start inching my way back to kindof posting more around mid year. I meet up with Jiro and Jentleness. Jiro and I drive to San Diego and nearly die and he is one of my favorite people I have yet to meet. We have a night of lecherousness with NCG and say goodbye to go to La Jolla and LA the next day. Rantz and I start dating again in June of this year. Start making a lot of new friends and old connections in my most active year to date. Join the CK Competition and I wipe the floor with the contestants win by a couple of strokes of luck. Met Hito and krelbel recently and they were delightful. In two weeks I will be meeting Denmark, PG after him and Happy Noodle Boy later on. At the end of the year I will be visiting Rantz in Sweden for the first time and plan to move to Sweden to be with him next year.

Lots of things, places, people and nonsense probably weren't been mentioned because this is the bare bones of trout that has happened since I've been a part of EoFF.
You get an A+!!

Shorty
10-26-2012, 11:07 PM
:love:

MJN SEIFER
10-27-2012, 12:17 AM
I was a fan of Final Fantasy (duh), and after spending time at a site named GameTalk, I ended up here, I'm not sure how (There's a chance I may have been linked here by a site called Final Fantasy VII Citidel, but I'm not sure. Either way, I ended up here - it was one of the first sites I really liked.

I remember a couple of threads, my earliest is a thread about how the FFVI cast managed to survive a fall from the sky and I can remember someone coming up with reasons how each character could. I'm not even sure I was a member then, but you know... I was pretty all over the place online, but that's how it goes.

Heath
10-27-2012, 12:25 AM
I registered on this site over a decade ago, and it feels like another lifetime. Seeing some of the names mentioned in this thread is nice - many of the names are faces I recognise from when I first joined. I would consider myself more a part of EoFF's past than present (though hopefully its future too!) but I can't deny the influences, directly and indirectly, it has had on me. Joining these forums feels like a lifetime ago, and I think that's because, in a sense, it was.

In one sense, the way I'm making this post is an example of that. I'm posting from my smartphone, in bed. When I first joined, I was on a 56k connection with BT that disconnected every twenty minutes or so, and a mutual hatred of an ISP helped me strike up one of my first friendships online - with Lindy/RyuKishi. Me in 2002 used to hate having limited time on EoFF and particularly in #eoff, and would have love to do what I am doing now.

I think the board has had (in)direct influences on my life in other ways too. One example would be my love of Rachmaninov's piano concertos - music I'm only aware of because of a classical music thread from several years ago on these forums. Which I believe either MILF or Denmark recommended. I still partly associate that music with this board.

I'll try to make a rather more lucid post later, though it's been.nice to read about the experiences of others so far.

Having said all that - one thing that hasn't changed since I joined is my sense of humour; it's as bad as ever.

Jowy
10-27-2012, 03:41 AM
aw hell let's just put it all in one easily accessed eventually archived forum where anyone will have access:

i typed /list on FFChat.net and saw that there were more active channels than #tripletriadx where I spent about two years, so I just inadvertently bumped into #eoff and #fflegend. #ffonline was really snobby and elitist! thank you guys for being nice! I remember when crono_logical wasn't just cl_out all the damn time and when people actually got banned for being idiots. Rather quiet and reserved as a teenager and kept to myself on the forums a lot of the time. Never shut up on IRC though, wow! Still remain in contact with as many of my friends from that era to this date!

Around 2004, I hopped around from households a lot so I wouldn't have to worry about walking long distances during inclement weather conditions to school and work. Lacked a lot of structure and screwed around for most of that year just doing my own thing without any real plans for the future. I got my lawsuit money and spent it irresponsibly the second I turned eighteen because of how I'd gone most of my life without ever being able to have "nice" things. I wound up starting a long-distance relationship and moved to Milwaukee! And then that didn't work out too well because I was young and irresponsible. I moved back home and worked a mind-numbing full time job while I just went through the motions every day.

That cycle went on for a good two years. I wound up eventually getting involved with someone here. Started as casual cute flirting, ramped up to lots of bad situations and we grew to resent each other a lot and there were lots of disagreements. Good times and bad, but these things are life experiences. After a rough split, we've both found happiness elsewhere in our lives. Never fun to go through! I shied away from the internet for a while after that.

Until I needed to look something up for FFIX one day. Started posting on the forums again with warm reception by old acquaintances and then I popped in IRC and was given strict instructions to stick around for a while. So I accepted that gracious offer and eventually saw numerous old friends come out of the woodwork one by one shortly after! I'm growing a lot closer with old friends of mine from the past and that is definitely a much needed change in my life.
Now I come here when I get bored at work and spam the music forum most of the day! :aimsun:

Shorty
10-27-2012, 03:45 AM
"strict instructions"

more like "threats on your life"

The Man
10-27-2012, 04:06 AM
I joined in 2002. I rather quickly became a popular but divisive member because on one hand I posted a troutload of long and presumably interesting posts but on the other hand I had my head too far up my own ass to take a joke. I won a troutload of Ciddies and was apparently proposed for Knighthood but rejected (accounts have varied on by how much).

About seven months after joining I founded my own message board. Some of you have probably heard of it (http://fools-gold.org/forum/).

Since that point I've been in and out and my opinion of this place has fluctuated depending on the staff and my mood, but I've never been able to leave completely because I have too many memories attached to this place and there are too many interesting posters whose posts I wouldn't get to read if I weren't here. Right now this is definitely one of the better message boards I post at.

I could probably write a long essay about all the experiences I've had here, but why bother. Most of the people at the board these days probably wouldn't remember most of the people I'd be talking about anyway.

I started listing people who have made my experience memorable but quickly found out that my memory wasn't reliable enough to make a complete list, so I won't bother because it would probably offend someone if I left them out. You hopefully know who you are anyway.

Levian
10-27-2012, 02:05 PM
I wish more people would post in Shorty format, definitely takes me down wisteria lane.

Loony BoB
10-27-2012, 02:18 PM
I really want to reply to this, but it will take hours. =|

Araciel
10-27-2012, 03:43 PM
Joined to find out wat mag_elem_null does in ff9...or something

spent time in chat

chatted excessively with Chemical

met then moved in with Chemical

had great relationship

relationship died

left site for a while

came back now.

At one time I got baned from eoeo.

Madame Adequate
10-27-2012, 05:42 PM
I really want to reply to this, but it will take hours. =|

Yeah it's a long list of girls you've creeped on!

drotato
10-27-2012, 05:51 PM
When I was twelve, I was looking for guides and random crap for FF9, and came across the main site. Then I joined the forum to ask questions about gameplay and whatnot, and boom.... My life was ruined forever. (:

It's actually because of this website that I am a forever changing nerd, constantly being ridiculed for my love of gaming by family and the like. But I guess it's worth it, since you're all my only friends now.... Oh, god I'm so lonely. :(

Loony BoB
10-27-2012, 09:10 PM
When I was around 14 or 15 years old, I was at my neighbour's place with a friend of his who had brought over Final Fantasy VII. We looked at it for a short time as he showed off various parts of it, but it was a single player game and he was already at Kalm or Nibelheim or something, and we wanted to play multiplayer games and didn't understand the storyline (nor could we with just a few minutes of him showing it off). We moved on to other games like Need for Speed shortly after that, and I never really thought about Final Fantasy VII again.

When I was 16 years old, I was renting various games from the local video store and at some point I would see Final Fantasy VII. I rented it, and played it. I really enjoyed it. I found that a friend of mine also enjoyed Final Fantasy, and we would on occasion search the internet and find decent sites which had decent information we could use. We also looked into the other Final Fantasy games. One of the few sites we came across, particularly when searching for ROMs, was Eyes on Final Fantasy. We both joined the forums in August 2000. This was to begin a major turning point in my life.

I first lurked around the FFV forum in particular, and soon learned that this forum was linked with other forums. I quickly learned how forums operate. I didn't really post. I would read posts by Gilgamesh, Coach, Kawaii Ryűkishi, NeX, Dr Unne, Cid and Big Ogre Umaro. It was a neat place.

When I finally began posting, I made them very few and far between at first, sticking with the FFV forum. Then I would appear in General Chat. At my 14th post, I decided to rebel against a certain system that was in place at EoFF. All new members had a chocobo avatar, and were titled 'Chocobo'. At 15 posts, I believe they became a Level 10 White Mage, or something similar. Their avatar would automatically change. I didn't like this - I loved the Chocobo avatar and found all future avatars up to 1,000 posts (Immortal rank) to look ugly. I requested this change so people like myself could keep their chocobo avatar. The request was considered and carried out by Cid and his staff. From then on, leveling up meant you had access to more avatars, but a change was not forced.

From that point, I started posting more and more often. I sent my first Private Message to a lovely lady called Lilly Rinoa Landois. The first person to refer to me as BoB was Coach, if I remember right, and NeX and Cid soon mentioned me, too, and I was starting to feel pretty accepted. The evenings when I would chat would tend to be quiet, although sometimes a member or two would be on to post with. The chatroom didn't exist yet, or it was in it's infancy and when I did go it was dead. One or the other. I did, however, spend much of my school time going through the threads and ensuring I had posted in pretty much every single one of them (of the games I had played). I would post a lot in Eyes on Each Other, and met a girl under the username of Thorn there in October 2000 who I flirted with momentarily, although that story will be continued much later. One thing worth noting is that she sent me an email saying I had helped her through a rough time, so that was nice - for the first time in memory people were contacting me privately to let me know that my posts were appreciated and helpful.

Soon enough, though, a member called Robb would register at EoFF, making a thread with my username as a thread title. He was Australian, and naturally he took the piss in this thread, making fun of me for being a New Zealander. Soon, he would ask for a chat username (or he just got it off my profile - I forget which) and we would start chatting on Yahoo! Messenger - this was November 2000. Soon enough it was Robb, Wishing Star and Sapphire all chatting amongst each other. A new member of EoFF posted a thread in EoEO asking for friends at EoFF. We found it sweet, so we invited this Squally Leonharty chap to our little gang. Ashi and Danni were soon in the group, too. However, it was Emma (Wishing Star) that took most of my interest. She would soon become my first online girlfriend in December, 2000.

I'm fairly certain it was shortly after this happened that we finally discovered the #eoff chatroom could be active during the hours we were online. Most of our little gang's chat was still done in Y!M, but it was still a cool way to get to know other people. Danni, Robb, Ashi, Squally and myself were often in there at this point, chatting with the likes of Scottie, Kishi, BOU, Snizz and Chickencha. #bar was set up by Robb, a place we could chat without any EoFF authorities controlling us. :p Rinoabella and Jewels, the first New Zealanders aside from Raven and Calliope (both friends from offline) that I would get to know.

I would phonecall people from the forums a lot, too. And I mean a lot of them! By 2001, I imagine I had already phoned around 20 different EoFFers at some point or another. Since Rinoabella and Jewels were in the same city as me, we eventually decided through our phonecalls that we should meet up. I was also in my last year of high school, and my Mum lived in the UK (where Emma lived), so with this along with a few other reasons (scholastic enthusiasm at an all time low, enjoying full time work, the want to see my mum, etc) I decided to move to the UK.

Emma was a fairly jealous girl at just 15 years old, so it was at this point that the idea of a guy moving from overseas along with the idea of him meeting some girl he's close to from EoFF started to cause bother in our relationship. After a lot of on-again, off-again, we finally ended the relationship after seven months, and that was the end of that. I still wanted to move to Scotland, though, so continued to plan for this. Over the next year or so, I would meet Jewels and Sakura Yume three or four times, and Rinoabella once. It was great fun on every occasion, so yay for that. I still remember how nervous I was meeting Jewels and Sakura Yume the first time, my hands were shaking a lot. Same with Rinoabella.

It was in July 2001 Emma and I officially ended things and it was in July 2001 that I happen to go online and see a name I hadn't seen in a very long time - Thorn! One of the first members I held a discussion with in EoFF. I sent her a PM immediately asking if she remembered who I was, and asking where she had been, etc. Soon enough we would be chatting regularly and it turned out she still had the thread we first got to know each other in saved on her hard drive, which I found really cool, a little blast from the past I could read over. Sometime in 2001, I created the EoFF Map with the helps of Britt, Skye-chan, Umi Butterfly, Ally and a few other people. In November 2001, I had something like a four day online relationship with Ashi at which point we quickly decided that we were better off as friends.

In December 2001, I hosted the Ciddies, the revamped version of the EoFF Awards complete with nominations and revelations. I would continue to do so for the next six years, and then again after that around once every two Ciddies. In the first ever Ciddies, I also won my first ever Ciddies (I'd never won an EoFF Award) - Best Spammer, Most Productive Member and Most Likely To Be The Next Cid's Knight. Later that month I would start up a small, restricted offshoot forum for friends of mine from EoFF called Something?, which few people probably remember but it did manage to kick off a bunch of in-jokes at the time.

In January 2002, I started my second online relationship with Thorn, who I suppose I should simply name as Stef by now.

For some reason, and I think it was around December 2001 to January 2002, I started getting hair sent to me. Now, there is a reason for this. It may not be reasonable, but it's a reason. There was a thread at EoFF about favourite smells, and I said mine is that of a girl's hair just after it's been washed. People questioned who has the best, and I jokingly put up my address stating that I could only know if people sent me their hair, just after it was washed. I never expected anyone to do it, but they did. So I started getting hair in the mail. I continued to encourage it only because I thought it hilarious, and to be honest, I still do. Creepy but hilarious.

On 25th February, 2002, I was Knighted at Eyes on Final Fantasy by Britt after getting the thumbs up by Cid. It turned out that they would have Knighted me much earlier but they were under the impression that I would not have internet access once I arrived in Edinburgh. I remember being Knighted quite well - I was in a net café chatting with Britt. He told me to go onto the forums and scroll a little down, so I did, but was confused. He told me to scroll down a bit more. I did, but still nothing. He told me off for being so literal and told me to scroll all the way down to the last forum, and there sat a forum titled 'Staff Forum'. I was stunned, and speechless. It meant a huge amount to me, and Britt literally had to remind me to breathe. It's strange how something that must seem so trivial to most people can have such an impact on me, but it did.

Inerestingly for me, it was around this time that Cid was chatting with me. I don't remember if it was exactly this time, but he would go on about this new girl he met during these chats. I only mention this because he would go on to marry this girl he was chatting to me about, and I found that really sweet.

In April 2002, I moved to Scotland. I met Wyllius, which was pretty crazy, because it was Wyllius. I think I got Mum to register in May, too, although she had to re-register eventually due to the terrible idea of pruning posts/members back in the day.

Onward to the start of 2003, I travelled to California and spent time with a lot of peope: ShlupQuack, ButThePoncho, TheAbominatrix, Cid, Cid's Wife and Nino Brown. That was just a day! But more notably the rest of my time was spent with Stefanie, the first online girlfriend that I had managed to actually meet up with. While it was an incredible, happy time, a month or two afterwards the relationship ended.

I became a recluse at this point, stepping down from staff and leaving EoFF (although I still logged in from time to time) in favour of a new forum I had set up based on a world that I had been creating - Aiyon. Aiyon was important in my EoFF life for a few reasons. Firstly, it was the only time I had spent away from EoFF for more than a week, and it allowed me to get my head back together. Secondly, I got to know a lot of EoFFers a hell of a lot better through Aiyon than I ever did at EoFF, including my now best friend Dan. Also, Mandy. I met her at Aiyon and after a while we started a relationship. It was at this time I returned to EoFF and thankfully from my end was accepted back onto staff.

It was around April 2003 when I started a push on Site Staff. Roogle, Spatvark, BOU and myself were the first people to really kick into gear on Site Staff, and it went pretty well overall. It's moved on a very long way, died and reinvented itself since we all started out, but prior to the push it was completely dead so I like to think I did something good for EoFF then. In fact, sod it, I know I did.

Mandy lived in Germany, although she travelled to see me once and I to her twice. It was over in a very dramatic way in just a few months, and after that I allowed myself to really focus on EoFF once more. I built up some very solid friendships at this time, through both Aiyon and EoFF. Dan and I started up #bar again at some point around this time, which had died some time ago. I won my first of six Best Member Ciddies in December 2003, which always made me proud and happy in a horribly narcissistic way. There was a small possibility that another EoFFer, Tenderness, would become my flatmate after my Mum moved out, however that never happened in the end. I did manage to meet up with her, though.

I can't remember when it was in 2003 that I sort of unveiled some drama involving one of the administrators of EoFF and effectively forced him into resignation. It was late 2003 when I helped Daryl start up The Basement, which was to take care of the sexual discussion needs that many more mature members of EoFF were having at the time. It was pretty successful, I have to say. Another thing I discovered while checking out LJ is that this was around the time my use of the Writer's Corner seemed to reach a halt.

In November the same year, I created LJ Forums. Which isn't really do do with EoFF, but 90% of the members were EoFFers, so yeah. Also, I can't remember when I first got involved with the Gamer's Alliance, but I know this is the first time that I can find any evidence of such involvement.
2004 was oddly quiet for me at EoFF - or at least, in terms of major changes. I think it was a period of consistent growth, and I like to put at least a little of that down to myself. Something Awful made fun of us so I joined their forums and they were really delighted with how well we took it (most places get upset, we were celebrating with humility). In July, I met The Man with Tenderness. One month later, met a truly fantastic and amazing man who I am happy to call my bro, boyfriend, or whatever the hell he wants me to call him. Incredible times occurred. Oh, and for those who can't figure it out, that man is Dan, aka DK.

I broke my hand late in 2004 but did the Ciddies anyway with just one hand, and it remains one of the best Ciddies ever in my head because of that circumstance. It made it more challenging, and probably stressful at the time, but it was also a whole lot of fun and people were in great spirits throughout. :) Right at the end of the year, I started thinking up an EoFF book which would detail the history of EoFF and other such things. This never came to fruition, however it directly lead to the EoFF Wiki, which was initially just a place we intended to gather information for the book. So there's another thing added to EoFF, I guess.

It's at this point that I am realising I'm going to have to cut this shorter by not going through all my LJ entries, because I've spent pretty much all day going through them (for better or worse) to remember what was going on up 'til the point I fell for Sarah (Shorty). So that brings me to 2005. We had an online relationship but it ended pretty badly. Like with all my ex-girlfriends I inevitably got back on good terms with her and she's a friend I consider to be amongst my best now.

Anyway, while I was in that relationship, a lot of new girls joined EoFF and regularly chatted in #eoff: Faris, Resha, MsTiffie (aka Lenna), Shauna and - most notably for me - smittenkitten. The latter would constantly message me while I was with Sarah, and Sarah would tease me with "she liiiiiiiiiikes you!"

I am happy to say I was heavily involved in the Monumental Breakdown in Staff Protocol, although it was tricky at the time, it is in retrospect probably the most elaborate and well played prank I will have ever played part in.

In August of 2005, I had a few people over at my place - Squally Leonharty, Lenna and the wonderful Dan. We had a great time, overall. Shortly afterwards Lenna moved in with me, and although that didn't last too long before things got terrible and I had to request she leave, it was a life experience and we have since patched things up and are on good terms now.

I paid for #eoff to move from ffchat to it's own server in 2005, too. Mostly because of jerkfaces like WildRaubtier. Shame he moved over with us. What a jerky jerk jerkface. (<3)

In early 2006, I decided it was time I met up with a couple of new people that were nearer to me. Shauna and smittenkitten (Danielle, the girl who constantly messaged me when I was with Sarah) arranged to meet me in Glasgow, however Shauna never made it for some reason I forget (we would later meet up on a few occasions anyway, yay). So Danielle and I met up anyway, and when it comes to us two it's been constant ever since - not a day has gone by I haven't talked with her on the phone, on Skype or in person, and long may that continue.

Danielle would also be one of four people who would come stay with me in August of 2006 - the others being Rory (Brian the Pink Shark), Elly (Chaos) and Dan, who was at this point my best friend without doubt - sadly it would be the last time I saw him in person. :( Hopefully we fix that sooner rather than later.

In 2007, Danielle moved in with me. And I'm going to speed things up now, because I'm getting super tired. Jess, Levian and Psychotic spent over a week with Danielle and myself in 2008. Levian would return in 2009.

I don't remember when I was made Administrator. That was cool.

In April 2012, I proposed to Danielle, and we will be wed on 2013. My best man will be DK, my groomsman will be Levian and my grooswoman will be Calliope if she can make it. Other guests will hopefully include Shorty, Rantz, Zeldy, Psychotic, Shauna, Brian the Pink Shark and probably more.

Shorty
10-27-2012, 09:11 PM
you just have to show everyone up, don't you

Loony BoB
10-27-2012, 09:13 PM
:aimsun:

EDIT: Nobody is going to read it anyway. :D

Madame Adequate
10-27-2012, 09:18 PM
Don't do that man, it's all Steve's got.

Night Fury
10-27-2012, 09:27 PM
I joined last month.
I sang Sephex's parody song.
I have risen to the top of the #eoff chat board.
I am the Queen of the Chat.

This is all I have right now...
(Curse my newness!)

Futan
10-27-2012, 09:48 PM
I joined about 2 weeks ago. Nice to meet you.

Levian
10-27-2012, 10:12 PM
Haha, this thread was practically made for BoB. Interesting read, I read it all, and would've read it all if you had kept elaborating past 2005 as well. ;) Must've taken you a long time to remember all that stuff.

drotato
10-27-2012, 10:19 PM
Yeah, seriously, I can barely remember what I did yesterday. xD

Pheesh
10-27-2012, 10:20 PM
Peace out and :rock:

~*~Celes~*~
10-27-2012, 10:36 PM
My history with eoff is too trashy to discuss :aimkiss: I have convenient memory loss about my earlier exploits. I vaguely remember pre-ShadowBahamut but barely.

Once I got together with ShadowBahamut, I turned into a basket case. I also had a lot of things going on at home at the time, which did not help my situation. Major depression occurred and I took it out on a lot of people because i didn't know how to cope. I said a lot of things I shouldn't have, I did a lot of things I shouldn't have, but i also made some awesome friends who tried to help me fix myself. I also did my best to make amends with those that I wronged, and succeeded. Internet or not, I still wanted to :colbert: Anyway, started having AWESOME HALO FUNTIEMS with Paul and Steve, even if I died more than anything, it was still great hanging with them and having a blast. They gave me something to look forward to! Died off when I didn't have a mic for a while and then got busy moving because my parents lost their house and I was still living at home.

Got my job after ShadyB broke up with me for good and three months later I re-met my hubbs, Andrew. Then once I got my job, I just kinda fazed out of here and chat and was busy going on dates and being happy the happiest I'd ever been. When I finally reached my breaking point mentally, I moved out of my mom and dad's and in with Andrew. Things continued to improve from there and i was able to start pulling myself together with his help. VERY happily accepted his proposal in March '11. Had to go on anxiety meds for a while there because managers suck. Found out i was pregnant about a month after I ran out of meds, had a miscarriage shortly after. Was depressed for a while about that but was just glad it happened very early, and came to terms with it. Took some time to regroup, set our wedding date to October 11th, 2012 sometime in January, and started working out some details for that. Found out I was pregnant again in March, was both scared and excited because of what had happened the first time I was pregnant.

Now I'm married and just a little under a month away from my little boy's due date. Started posting a little more often lately cause I miss you guys :heart: Been on leave from work for a little over a month now, so I have lots of time, that is, till Peter shows up :D

That's about the gist of it.

Heath
10-27-2012, 11:23 PM
My own EoFF history, this time via a laptop rather than a HTC Desire, is probably less exciting than the rest.

I joined in June 2002, back in the day when you had to wait nine months to get your custom title. As it happened, I registered on such a date that I got my custom title on my 14th birthday which was quite a neat coincidence. I remember chatting quite a bit in #eoff. It generally became a regular thing that I'd spend my evenings of a weekend chatting in #eoff, playing emulated versions of FFIV and the like, and making (what I would now consider to be) rather cringeworthy posts on the forums. I stuck to the well-trodden path of sticking initially to the FF forums before moving along to General Chat and the like. I was also sucked into Aaron's forum, Fool's Gold, at around this point, a forum I eventually ended up serving as an administrator at. I also rather liked a lot of the offshoots - #fftrivia was good fun, as was a jokey rivalry with WarZidane, the origins of which currently escape me. LiveJournal was something I considered a bit of an offshoot too - for the amount of EoFFers I had on that. I remember being a rather nervous teenager PM'ing Halan who was offering invite codes so I could make my own LJ.

I got involved with Site Staff a fair bit when I was younger, which mainly took the form of writing reviews and the like for the main site. I quite enjoyed the opportunity to give something back to the site, and I think I slightly regret not continuing to do so. For a while I was definitely more active in #eoff than the forums themselves. I've often felt that those that didn't get involved in #eoff have missed out on one of the best parts of the site. It was through #eoff at around this time that I eventually gained a forum wife in the form of the delightful Sarah, who I'm glad to see still remembers this fact!

I originally registered with the name Kuja Trance which was brilliantly terrible, and briefly led to Kuja's Pants during the hilarious Poor Unne thread. Despite constant teasing by Cloud of Midgar (I think Jenova Rebirth was his last username), I never had an underscore. I changed my name to Heath in around 2004 partly as I'd grown tired of my old username, and partly out of an infatuation with the excellent Seiken Densetsu 3.

As I grew older I became a rather more ephemeral presence on the forums but alas I could never completely tear myself away. Like a rather pallid stray cat seeking a consistent source of milk I'd always come back - if only for the Fantasy Football and the football thread. Partly it was out of an abiding love of the Final Fantasy games themselves, but partly it was out of a sense that I never really consciously decided to stop posting at EoFF. There's a John Lennon quote that I rather like that life is what happens when you're making other plans, and I found it was real life that conspired to keep me away.

Most of my online friends over the years I have met through EoFF. The likes of the previously mentioned Cloud of Midgar and RyuKishi, but also most of the crowd in #eoff over the years formed the basis of my online social group for most of my active online life. One person who I think deserves a particular mention is Psychotic, who once told me that 'in football, as in politics, you have the choice of supporting the red team or the blue team, and you picked the wrong choice in both' - a description I have repeated offline on a number of occasions.

Some of my highlights included the two CK competitions I took part in, in which it seemed to become a bit of a tradition of myself and Ouch! getting to the final and being disgracefully overlooked unsuccessful ;) I created a thread ostensibly around Mornington Crescent (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mornington_Crescent_%28game%29) which essentially presented the opportunity to spam while confusing the hell out of an awful lot of people, which was brilliantly entertaining. EoFF elections and the Ciddies were also great fun - I remember having the pleasure of being one of the people who BoB roped into breaking deadlocks one year which was exciting (so feel free to blame me if you lost narrowly!). I think I won 2 Ciddies over the years - MLT to be Cid's Knight and Most Underrated. The football thread, year on year, is probably my favourite of the entire forum (and not just because it serves as an outlet for my Everton-related pessimism and cynicism) - I read other football sites but have never come across a more enjoyable thread to post/troll in.

The fact, however, that I'm still posting at a forum I registered at over a decade ago, a forum at which I still see familiar faces, and receive a warm welcome back is, I think, a testament to how great a set of forums this is.

Either that, or I have terribly low standards ;)

Chris
10-27-2012, 11:39 PM
I really wish that I lived closer to all of you. After so many years, I sincerely believe that we could've made the best of friends. It's just not the same online.

Miriel
10-28-2012, 12:44 AM
Haha, this thread was practically made for BoB.

I knew BoB would come through with an epic post.

And reps for everyone else who put in the effort. :up:

In April 2012, I proposed to Danielle, and we will be wed on 2013. My best man will be DK, my groomsman will be Levian and my grooswoman will be Calliope if she can make it. Other guests will hopefully include Shorty, Rantz, Zeldy, Psychotic, Shauna, Brian the Pink Shark and probably more.
Awwwwwwww. So excited for you guys! :excited:

WildRaubtier
10-28-2012, 02:09 AM
Shortly afterwards Lenna moved in with me, and although that didn't last too long before things got terrible and I had to request she leave, it was a life experience and we have since patched things up and are on good terms now.

Why didn't you mention how you BEAT her, towns, huh? The poor girl moved in with you to turn her life around and you BEAT her. Sheesh.

Loony BoB
10-28-2012, 09:23 AM
I beat her at being awesome, I know that much. >=P Anything else is lies and slander. The only EoFFer I've beaten up is Psychotic.

Quindiana Jones
10-28-2012, 01:46 PM
Yeah, I've seen the battle scars from that, you drunken lout.

Shorty
10-28-2012, 06:51 PM
Psy lost at his own thunderdome?

Jiro
10-29-2012, 03:51 AM
Nah, this was just straight up assault by Towns. What a cretin.

drotato
10-29-2012, 06:41 AM
I didn't know BoB was capable of beating anyone up. He's always been so nice... :(

... Well, most of the time. (:

Jiro
10-29-2012, 07:25 AM
I didn't know BoB was capable of beating anyone up.

Be careful: comments like those are what incited such a violent display from the gentle chocobo.

Citizen Bleys
10-29-2012, 07:49 AM
You actually want me to respond to this? I'm pretty sure you don't.

Some of this may be out of sequence because it all took place a hell of a long time ago and there's a hell of a lot of stuff that happened.

It all began with a stone, or so the legends say. In ages past, a sentient jewel, enormous and beautiful banished the darkness. Its many-colored light filled the world with life and brought forth mighty Gods. Bathed in that light, the world entered an age of bliss. Until, after a time, the Gods fell into slumber. That world was called: Bastardly Productions.

It was due to Bastardly I originally discovered ezBoard. It didn't take long to form a desire to find a Final Fantasy message board. Eyes on Final Fantasy was not the first, but it was the finest. I originally found EoFF after being unofficially banned from another forum (I was not actually banned, but one of the mods had a massive stick in his rectum about my username containing the word "bastard" and threatened to leave, so I left instead)

To understand why I was so strongly drawn to EoFF, you have to understand that I was raised in a City of Assholes. Throughout my upbringing, I was always surrounded by assholes and thought that assholery was the norm. Thus, when I first started using the internet -- prior to even creating Bastardly -- I tended to gravitate towards forums that were...I don't want to say "filled with assholes," but certainly not the kind of place where you want to show any sort of weakness. Mind you, I still like that kind of place. PI was that kind of place, and it was funny as hell.

So. Enter EoFF. Found it by looking for Final Fantasy, and saw some FF content, and it looked like a few of the people might be fun. I started out immediately disliking WesLY because I thought it was lame to be named after a character from DragonLance, which I then thought of as considerably more kiddy than it actually is on account of the young age I read and comprehended it at, but that wasn't the fault of the material. I soon got over thinking that WesLY was a tosser because he was more fun back then than he is now.. What jumped out at me though was EoEO. Back then, EoEO was actually well named instead of being a glorified world events forum where people go to talk about politics without getting flamed. It was actually about each other in a way that isn't possible on a message board the size of today's EoFF. I created a new ezBoard account just for EoFF so that my piss-taking type of friends wouldn't follow me to EoFF and jizz all over EoEO. It was really something special back in the day, and probably why I felt closer to the oldbies that were around before EoEO turned into the monstrosity you see today.

So yeah, I joined up in February of 2000, not long after EoFF was created. I got on WesLY's nerves. I used to think RSL was a hostile arsehole. I made friends with Cid, Dan Walkie, and Unne right away. I think I made another ezBoard about learning to speak other languages, which to this day I do not speak. Unne got involved in that. I wrote Frig7, which I enjoyed immensely at the time but have been regretting for the last 10 years or so. EoFF got me involved in a couple of other boards, including Jojo's "nuthouse sock brigade" (I still do not understand the name of this place. Please do not explain it), FF:ID, Heaven's Well, and FFLegend. I'm pretty sure I was staff at FFL before EoFF left ezBoard forever. Somewhere around this time, Quigoni -- a former admin at EoFF during ezBoard days, registered eyesonff.com and put pornography all over it, which is why in the early days, this site's domain was eyesonff.net. Which later became a porn site, if I recall.

I was out-of-province with no internet access for the ezBoard->UBB switchover. I hated UBB immediately, I still think that ezBoard, munged up as it is in the present day, is superior to UBB. That was the phase BoB was talking about where peoples' avatars were force-changed on them. I think it was in the UBB era that I got Knighted, and I was super psyched about that. I accomplished nothing of note as a Knight. I accepted the switch to vBulletin because I realized ezBoard was never coming back, vBulletin was non-shit, and ezBoard was rapidly turning to shit. This was back in 1.x days when message boards didn't have much more functionality than a big corkboard and a pile of post-it notes. With avatars.

EoFF was sort of my safe haven during this era. I got involved with a lot of internet drama at FFL, and Bastardly started fading away on account of having no real purpose when there was no demand for savestate editors. I made friends with Phoenix from FFL at the time and this was a Bad Idea with capitals. I was a self-absorbed wanker at the time, and she was a control freak; self-absorbed wankers and control freaks should never ever mix. The self-absorbed wanker loves to show things off and wants everyone to ooh and aww and spout about how great their favorite thing is. The control freak is easy to coax into checking something out--the problem is they want to take over. I was staff at FFL with her at the time, and couldn't stop talking about how great EoFF was. She either got sick of hearing about it or wanted me focused on FFL whether I liked it or not and started subtly trying to pry me and EoFF apart. She knew me well, and knew just how to introduce turbulence. This was the beginning of the end of my glory days as an EoFFer.

It was the release of vBulletin 2 that got me promoted to Admin. Cid just wanted to show off how cool it was, and I did a couple of tweaks that I guess he hadn't thought of, so he decided to keep me around as a "temp admin" that became permanent at some indeterminate point that nobody in the galaxy can pinpoint exactly. This is when I did a lot of the junk that people remember me for. What I remember is mostly failure. I made Magestar, and it was crap. I tried to write another FF parody, and it was crap. I tried to write serious fiction, and it was crap. I tried to temper Britt's Anti-Spam witch hunts, and I was crap at it. I tried to loosen up Unne's anti-swearing stance, and I was crap at it. I honestly don't know why so many people decided that there was anything great at me during my time as an admin. I was, as I've stated before, a self-absorbed wanker. (Still am, to a lesser degree, or why the hell am I still here typing 10 minutes after my shift ended at work? I'm not even close to being done here.)

Into this cascading crap circus, I let my guard down. It's a short step from self-absorbed wanker with power to raging egomaniac. I became convinced that Phoenix was so jealous of EoFF's hold on my attention that she wanted to destroy it. Thus, when Raf (present username: Endless) was nominated for admin, I lost my perspective. I told everyone that adminning Raf was as good as adminning Phoenix and that she'd be another Quigoni. The moment that happened, my departure from staff -- and for several years from EoFF itself -- was inevitable. Nobody ever really trusted me again after they saw me turn on Raf. It finally ended my friendship with Phoenix, which looks like it was the better thing for both of us in the long run. From that moment on, any time I spoke with any heat or passion whatsoever, it was just Bleys being a drama queen again. I still had a lot of fun as an admin after that in the lulls between blowouts, but more often than not EoFF's staff forum was hostile ground for me.

I took a few leaves of absence after that when the hostility in EoFF staff got to me; this is how I came to join a lot of other communities, including tGA, AO, LiveJournal, Aiyon, and a few others that no longer exist and I can't remember. For over a year, I was mainly just looking for a good time to quit staff without anyone linking it to any specific dramafest. A lot of bad feelings erupted in those years. I specifically remember catching someone pretending to be me at another forum and I made a thread about it here, intending to link to it at the foreign forum and use to to prove that the interloper was not me. To this day, I feel the same way. It's as Iago says:

Good name in man and woman, dear my lord,
Is the immediate jewel of their souls.
Who steals my purse steals trash; 'tis something, nothing;
'Twas mine, 'tis his, and has been slave to thousands;
But he that filches from me my good name
Robs me of that which not enriches him,
And makes me poor indeed.

In a series of events that hurts and puzzles me to this day, Majken attacked me for it; I can't remember specific things that were said, but I think the general gist was that I was a big baby for caring about someone stealing my identity, and the. entire. staff. took. her. side. BoB deleted my thread over my objections. Not closed. Deleted. So I couldn't link to it to unmask the villain who'd stolen my name. I will never understand why anybody reacted the way they did. That ended my friendship with Majken, and almost with BoB. It was still quite a while before I could speak to BoB without rage, and as for Majken, I don't think I spoke to her until she wasn't a her anymore, in 2009ish.

I think it was during this period that I think I initially decided that I didn't like Shorty or Freya. I can't remember why, though, so it couldn't be important. I've only really got to know them for real since I came back to EoFF this year and got exactly the opposite impression of them that I formed way back in the day. Maybe it was a while after I quit staff. Dunno, the years run together.

So, it was mostly marking time for a while; I was still an admin when I finished my first college diploma, started and ended the only relationship I've ever been in, and moved away from my home in Halifax. It was a while after moving to Moncton I saw that the timing was right to finally leave staff, and I started missing it pretty much immediately. It was pretty fun in between meltdowns. But, I stuck to my guns. I'm pretty sure everyone was expecting me to ask to be let back on staff pretty much right away. Then for a time, I think people started thinking that the only reason I wasn't asking to be let back in was because the answer would be no, so they started prompting me to ask. I think I made a private feedback thread that basically said "stop fucking hinting I should come back on staff, it's pissing me off" before it finally stopped. I think that's about when people realized that I wasn't coming back at all.

The next big event I remember is what is being termed the "monumental breakdown in staff protocol" in 2005 which is the most assholish thing that EoFF staff has ever been involved in; I don't believe I've had a civil conversation with Shlup since then. That's when and why I officially left EoFF and stopped thinking myself of an EoFFer.

For the next few years, I occasionally poked my head in for things like anniversary threads and when somebody linked me to EoFF because someone had posted something Bleys-related in a meme like manner. I think I had to bitch and moan quite a bit to get the 2 Bleys smilies removed from EoFF -- it wasn't really appropriate for a forum who'd stomped on meh nuts to be using my face as a smiley.

When EoFF got sold the first time, it was to a name I recognized, and not in a good way. The same douchecannon had bought and destroyed AnimeOnline, which was a really great place back in the Gig/Ewdi/Tych era. The one good thing to come of it was that I was finally able to get Frig7 removed from EoFF hosting -- instead of being a friend hosting a friend's shitty little story, it was a commercial entity using my intellectual property without my permission or authorization. Huzzah to that!

After Seńor Douchebag sold EoFF to a neutral party, I started getting occasional nostalgia attacks and coming back to EoFF every now and then. EoFF, however, consistently found itself making me feel extremely unwelcome within a couple of weeks each time I tried to come back, so I never stuck around. The exceptions to this were Miriel, Del Murder, and misfit, who played FFXI with me. I felt a bit tense around Murder at first, since he was involved in April Fools 2005 and I thought he might try to start shit, but he didn't and I didn't and we got along fine and the healing process could begin. *orchestra music*

Until now. This time I came back to EoFF expecting to be made to feel unwelcome and exactly the opposite thing happened. This, I think is the best EoFF has ever been -- certainly the best that it's been since before I went staff. I've learned that I actually like a couple of people I thought that I didn't like (Freya and Shorty), that some people I thought were mediocre and forgettable were actually quite cool (Hi Quin and Vivi22) and some people who I thought were adequate are actually awesome (Jiro, Psy). Pats on the back to everyone who's been active at EoFF since June, not just those name-dropped in this thread.

You realize of course that if I hadn't stayed after work to type this up, I'd be home right now? BTW, I don't drive, I walk. And I live 6 kilometers away from work. I hope you're happy.

Loony BoB
10-29-2012, 10:16 AM
Bleys, I always loved you, even when you didn't love me. *hug*

I didn't know BoB was capable of beating anyone up.

Be careful: comments like those are what incited such a violent display from the gentle chocobo.
"Daniel, he hid your drink! ...Beat him up!"

Never tell a very drunk person to beat someone up.

Miriel
10-29-2012, 10:28 AM
You realize of course that if I hadn't stayed after work to type this up, I'd be home right now? BTW, I don't drive, I walk. And I live 6 kilometers away from work. I hope you're happy.

So very happy! :D

Quindiana Jones
10-29-2012, 01:57 PM
Bleys has a point. Vivi was very forgettable. He mentioned some other guy as well, but... no, doesn't ring any bells.

Jiro
10-29-2012, 04:59 PM
Whoa who the fuck is this Quinter Wonderland guy with his giraffes? I seem to remember some guy who had a seal fetish though.

Shoeberto
10-29-2012, 05:13 PM
These are hella fun to read. I really appreciate BoB's and Bleys's especially, being around during their start times. I might write up a more extensive history if I get time this week and just omit details I'm not comfortable with. This is all jogging a lot of stuff for me.

Until now. This time I came back to EoFF expecting to be made to feel unwelcome and exactly the opposite thing happened. This, I think is the best EoFF has ever been -- certainly the best that it's been since before I went staff.
Having not really posted in a while, I agree. It's hard telling for me if it's because I'm so much farther removed from old drama or just in a more neutral place in my life, but I've really been enjoying this place as a hang out board since I started posting again. It's just so chill, like in the old days.

Shorty
10-29-2012, 05:16 PM
I think that since we've all grown up a little bit there's not really room anymore for drama.

I very much appreciate reading everyone's histories. It's interesting to see what other people were during at different points in time on here.

Flying Mullet
10-29-2012, 07:22 PM
Back in 2002/2003 I came across Dr. Unne's/Brian's FF1 website as he was doing the character tournament. After voting in the various rounds for a month or so he decided to start up a FF1 forum. I joined and posted for a little bit and lots of people kept talking about this Eyes on Final Fantasy place. So I wandered over and joined as chadmonkey. After a week or two I decided I wanted to use Flying Mullet as my username so I created an account as Flying Mullet, leaving the chadmonkey account to rot. I found out that second accounts were no-no's and was almost banned, but pleading ignorance to BoB, he was nice enough to let me stay and deleted my original account.

I posted in the various forums and eventually was drawn to the site staff operations of the site. I coded up various pages, making it my mission to fill in the gaps where information was missing on the older games (FF1-FF6). Eventually I was made a Site Staffer and I quite enjoyed watching the volume of information on the front site grow. At some point I was made a Senior Site Staffer and made a serious effort with Bob and Spatvark to organize and standardize how all of the front site pages were laid out and coded.

Then Baloki came along and the front site went down the crapper... Actually, Baloki was a great asset to the front site as he was even more energetic about coming up with better ways to code the front site and get quality content out there.

When the first Cid's Knight contest came along I signed up on a whim, deciding the challenges would be fun and contests are typically fun around here anyway. What started off as a way to pass the time turned into serious business for me as I realized I wanted to see the front site, forums and Eyes on Final Fantasy as a whole prosper. I started to take the challenges seriously and made it to the final round. I wasn't around whenever the winner was announced so I was very surprised to hop on the forums a couple of days later and see new sub-forums on my screen: the staff forums. Naturally, I spent the next six hours going through all of the threads to read up on all of this hidden goodness, including searching for any occurrence of my username (and to finally see those pictures of BoB). At some later point I was made an Administrator to work on programming related problems and issues on the forum side, doing what I could to help.

Then, sometime in 2009 or 2010 I realized that EoFF had turned into just another job for me and I wasn't enjoying it as much anymore and needed to back off, thus I resigned and took my leave. I've been on every two-four months to see how things or going and post in a thread or two, but nothing really active. Then I received the email a few weeks back about the 25th anniversary poster contest and through some of the daily challenges I started posting again (you sneaky staffers...). Now I'm enjoying the occasional posting and being my non-serious (sometimes annoying) self that posts at EoFF as a place for fun and not all serious business.

Some of the things I remember from my time here:
<ol><li>April Fools stylesheet mayhem/signature hacking</li><li>Trying to educate people that there are no PSX games, just a PSX system that plays PSOne games</li><li>Grammar Nazis</li><li>Baloki's undying love for me</li><li>Having the power to add FF6 smilies to the forums</li><li>BoBbers always being an upstanding guy (probably one of the few people I've ever felt like I've been talking to the real person and not their pretend internet identity)</li>

As some of the others have said, I agree that the forums seem to be healthy and thriving. There are a good mix of old and new members here and I'm happy to see that forums can still exist in this age of Twitter and Facebook.

Shiny
10-29-2012, 07:33 PM
All of you are far too young to remember Iri. She could be naughty.

I remember she looked like Bjork.

Quindiana Jones
10-29-2012, 07:37 PM
I keep forgetting that Shorty is a proper oldbie. I always think you joined in the 2005 - 2007 era. I've realised my mistake about half a dozen times, but the revelation never sticks. xD

Shorty
10-29-2012, 07:39 PM
What makes you think that, silly!

Quindiana Jones
10-29-2012, 07:50 PM
I think I must never have registered you on any level in my early years. It's only recently that I've been aware of your existence in the way that I was aware of people like BoB, Mullet and that lot. So I guess I must just assume you're a youngling xD.

STUPID BRAIN.

Shorty
10-29-2012, 07:53 PM
I'm older than you, you whippersnapper :aimkiss:

Quindiana Jones
10-29-2012, 07:56 PM
I know. xD

Flying Mullet
10-29-2012, 07:57 PM
What makes you think that, silly!
You do realize that this entire conversation hinges upon the processing power of Quin's grey matter, correct?

Shorty
10-29-2012, 07:59 PM
You're right, Mulley. He is rather slow.

Cuchulainn
10-29-2012, 08:02 PM
I me the insane decision to read Bob's wall of drama if United won...thinking they wouldnt have a chance.

United won.

Shorty
10-29-2012, 08:03 PM
You made that bet because subconsciously you wanted to read it. HOP TO IT

also oh shit, how did I forget about EoFF Prom!?

Flying Mullet
10-29-2012, 08:04 PM
And we expect a two page, single spaced, 10 pt font, 1 inch margin review of his post as well.

Miriel
10-29-2012, 08:09 PM
Flying Mullet, I cannot believe you wrote up your history without once mentioning THE GAME. Which is maybe the single best contribution anyone has ever made to EoFF.

For that gross oversight, you get a B- :colbert:

Flying Mullet
10-29-2012, 08:11 PM
Oh crap, I completely forgot that. :cry:

Yes, The Game! (http://www.homemade-websites.com/javascriptgame/)

Cuchulainn
10-29-2012, 08:14 PM
I Couldn't do it Bob. Sorry. I made it to the 4th Paragraph before I caught myself trying to force some nail clippers into my eyeballs.

I'm sure you relived every moment though. So...Go you.

Quindiana Jones
10-29-2012, 08:19 PM
You're right, Mulley. He is rather slow.

Gur-wah? :confused:

escobert
10-29-2012, 08:32 PM
I hate most of you, most of you hate me. That's how it's been for the last decade plus.

Flying Mullet
10-29-2012, 08:40 PM
Well yeah, but that just comes with the territory when you're evil.

Shorty
10-29-2012, 09:09 PM
I hate most of you, most of you hate me. That's how it's been for the last decade plus.

aww, c'mon Bertie, you've got some interesting stories!

escobert
10-29-2012, 09:58 PM
Hmmm I joined as a newb newb to this whole forum thingy and well the internet in general. I say it was 1999 but as you can see from my lying join date the staff says otherwise. I met some very interesting people in my first few years. face, Neel, DK, Vyk, Skotty, foa, Carny, DMKA, Joel, PGbutt, Mo Nercy, KB and a ton of others.

I was for a while the chat king, I led in every major category in stats but somehow still missed a ciddie! Speaking of which I did win two ciddies in one year I believe. I then met a girl on here and dated her for a few years. We broke up blah blah blah I've been on and off here for the last couple of years now.

Citizen Bleys
10-29-2012, 10:19 PM
You can do better than that, Bert.

Cuch, conversely, cannot, so I'll do it for him:

In the beginning there was nothing, not even time
No planets, no stars, no hip-hop, no rhyme

Then, in an apotheosis of light and fire, I arrived, raining destruction like a monsoon of blood and death; a harbinger of Armageddon; the very avatar of the End of Days.

None know from whence I came nor wherefore, but the forums would never be the same. Wherever there may be buttersnap troutsmurfery, wherever there be self-important wankers, yea indeed, wherever there may be those who think they are hot trout but are actually just trout, threre you'll find me, unleashing the furious phosphorescent wrath of a billion suns until at last, balance is restored to the Universe, God's in His Heaven, and all's right with the world.

Cuch is going to have such a hate infarction when he reads this

Quindiana Jones
10-30-2012, 08:14 AM
Somehow, Bleys, Cuch is going to ban you.

Night Fury
10-30-2012, 12:24 PM
Somehow, Bleys, Cuch is going to ban you.

Yep.
Popcorn?

:excited:

Jiro
10-30-2012, 01:21 PM
The only way Cuch would be able to ban Bleys is by sucking up to someone on staff and that is not what Cuch is about. They'll settle their business like men.

Quindiana Jones
10-30-2012, 01:25 PM
Incorrect. Cuch will reach into the internet, through Bleys' monitor, and punch him in the face. That is how Cuch bans people.

Flying Mullet
10-30-2012, 01:34 PM
They'll settle their business like men.
Like men in tights? Tight tights?

Freya
10-30-2012, 02:30 PM
Awww bleys doesn't hate me :3 that's sweet!

Cuchulainn
10-30-2012, 03:11 PM
You can do better than that, Bert.

Cuch, conversely, cannot, so I'll do it for him:

In the beginning there was nothing, not even time
No planets, no stars, no hip-hop, no rhyme

Then, in an apotheosis of light and fire, I arrived, raining destruction like a monsoon of blood and death; a harbinger of Armageddon; the very avatar of the End of Days.

None know from whence I came nor wherefore, but the forums would never be the same. Wherever there may be buttersnap troutsmurfery, wherever there be self-important wankers, yea indeed, wherever there may be those who think they are hot trout but are actually just trout, threre you'll find me, unleashing the furious phosphorescent wrath of a billion suns until at last, balance is restored to the Universe, God's in His Heaven, and all's right with the world.

Cuch is going to have such a hate infarction when he reads this

au contraire. This does not entirely displease me. However, I'm aware that that was not your intention so you're still an over-qualified connoisseur of manberries. Next time I'll cut your face.

WildRaubtier
10-30-2012, 05:38 PM
Aww, man, I wanted you to cut his face this time :(:(:(

Quindiana Jones
10-30-2012, 06:00 PM
Yeah! Vivi, do it again so that he'll cut your face. :(

Citizen Bleys
10-30-2012, 06:57 PM
over-qualified connoisseur of manberries

Lines like this are why I can't resist poking the bear.

Raistlin
10-30-2012, 10:13 PM
I’ve delayed posting in this thread because there’s just so much to say. I’ll try to summarize the highlights. I also refuse to look through old LJ entries or posts like BoB did, because then I will spend all goddamn day on this. This is just when I can remember off the top of my head.

I knew Sean from FFWA back in 1999, when I was 12-years-old. In December, he made an EzBoard, back when those were all the rage, and made an advertising thread about it on FFWA, the like of which is now prohibited here. I clicked, along with a bunch of other established FFWA-members who knew Sean, and we partied there until we became the largest FF-related EzBoard. Oh, and on my first day there Sean was looking for staff members and I posted in the FFT forum, which made me the moderator. Then came the Dark Times as I ruled that forum and all of The Highwind with an iron fist. I became a supermod a while later when we ditched the individual forum mod plan when the Cid’s Knights were born, and my power grew. I was feared throughout the land. At least, when I wasn’t too busy out-waiting BOU.

In January, EoFF was invited to another EzBoard, called the Gamer’s Alliance, which was a collection of FF-related EzBoards that were joining together to have a fun little forums-based ORPG. That is another story, but tGA had a major impact on both me and EoFF. I had a bunch of really good friends from EoFF and tGA, including Britt, Emerald Aeris, Jojo, krissy, among others. Dr Unne and I also started talking a lot in EoFF’s infamous old religion threads, which was very significant to my intellectual development.

At some point in… late spring/early summer 2000, Sean bought a UBB license (the big message board software before vB), and EoFF continued to grow. I bugged Sean to mod Britt, which may have been a mistake in hindsight. I was also posting all over the place: EoFF, FFWA, tGA, and various EoFF spinoff boards (Jojo’s NUT house, Heaven’s Well, etc.). By the end of 2000, however, I think I just got burned out and started growing bored with the internet in general, and I stopped coming online as frequently. I left EoFF staff and recommended this entertaining newbie called Kawaii Ryukishi to replace me because I saw him post a bunch in the FF forums, which Sean did to the surprise of pretty much everyone else, including Kishi.

Then I was kind of on-again/off-again with EoFF and the internet for the next couple of years. I’d come back after a few months and there’d be some entertaining hijinks (most notably BoB’s “OMG Some Oldbies Just Posted” thread in… 2002? 2003?), but EoFF had trouble maintaining my interest for more than 8-12 months or so at a time. I still had a lot of fun with the early elections and Ciddies. Sometime in 2003, Emerald Aeris bugs me to join LJ, which I basically just used to mock/rant about politics, religion, etc and post amusing internet humor. Basically the same trout I talk about now. I also posted some at FG and Aiyon, where I talked more with people like BoB, Yams, The Man, DocFrance, Doomgaze, Ally, etc.

Fast forward to 2005. I had been posting again regularly for a while, and entertained myself not uncommonly by giving the staff a hard time in the Feedback forum, which I fashioned as my own little kingdom. Between that and my arguments with quite literally insane people in EoEO (udsuna) and the old EotW (cloud no.9, Traitorfish), RSL told me I was mentioned so often in the staff forum that it would be boring without me. This led to some amusing campaigns with Lynx, most notably “RSL for Admin!” which eventually succeeded (it was all my doing, obviously). This also led to the staff’s 2005 April Fools prank, which was more or less targeted at me. While I found it hilarious, it made me realize that I needed a break from EoFF and needed to stop getting emotionally invested in forum drama. I also joined EoFF’s fantasy football league for the first time, which I now look forward to every year.

2006 was a fairly big year. Very early on I had my first online romantic interest with a very old friend, Emerald Aeris, which ended poorly. I got a 6-month EoEO ban for arguing in religion threads again, because the staff just loved me too much to permaban me from there (although this was my last EoEO ban, IIRC). Months later, Rye and I started sharing e-love cyberchats, the main result of which was BoB revealing himself to be the worst person to make up catchy nicknames in the history of the world (He really said “Ryest and Relaxraistlin” with a straight face). 2006 is also when I met my first EoFFers: Lynx and his then-girlfriend (now wife) Kalilung.

I don’t really remember much of 2007-2008. I still posted, but not as consistently. Late 2006/early 2007 was around when Unne created God Hates Fraggles, my favorite of EoFF’s spinoff boards, where I adminned for a couple of years. Between GHF and college, EoFF took a temporary backseat. GHF started to die after a couple of years, however, and eventually Unne closed shop.

This led me to start posting more in 2009, which was good because then I was able to take part in the second CK competition, which was great fun. It also reinvigorated my interest in EoFF, and I’ve been pretty active ever since. It also blessed EoFF with a certain picture of me that I’m sure most of EoFF has saved on their computers by now to enjoy during their private times. 2009 is also when I met Jojo for the first time, when I flew over to Illinois for a week. I’d become closer with her the past couple of years, and she remains my oldest friend. I started law school later this year, which was the start of everyone (read: PG) asking me every single law-related question that came to mind. Sometime this year (or maybe 2008), Unne and I started Stuff That Looks Like Jesus, which I updated intermittently throughout law school.

2010 was another significant year. I became pretty close with foa, Shorty, and Clo. I had seen the former two around here for years, of course, but we never really talked one-on-one before. I think both friendships happened with foa and Shorty randomly PMing me (separately), and before long we were talking a lot more. Most importantly, Del approached me about doing a possible April Fools prank, and we planned and pulled off my revenge prank on the staff for the 2005 prank, which was hilarious.

2011 was more of the same. I was posting pretty regularly, but not a whole lot significant happened that I can recall. 2012 is where things picked up, between the staff asking for some help with news, especially for FFXIV, and the latest CK competition. I originally looked into FFXIV just to help write a single news article back in the spring, and I became fascinated with its recent development and attempts at redeeming itself. I’ve since started playing FFXIV and writing a lot more about it. The CK competition was also vastly entertaining, as usual. Lately I’ve been busy between working constantly and other offline stuff (like a hurricane), but EoFF is still my online home and I check in whenever I have some spare time on a computer.

I actually agree with Bleys that EoFF’s community is currently as good as its ever been, and this is from two ridiculous oldbies prone to nostalgia. It probably helps that the average active user is no longer a 14-year-old angsty teenage drama whore.

Loony BoB
10-30-2012, 10:24 PM
Bahaha, Ryest and Relaxraistlin! xD I completely forgot about that. I wouldn't say that was a nickname, just me taking the piss after someone dubbed you two R&R.

TrollHunter
10-30-2012, 10:52 PM
I don't have much to talk about as I've only been here for like... a year or so.
Regardless, I will give it my best bet.
I remember looking up something FF12 related and, to my misfortune, I stumbled upon this site.

I joined as trollhunter soon after, a name I've come to use for nearly everything, and I was immediately surprised at the warm welcome I received. See, I was forum-hopping for a while before I found this place and I kept pissing people off or just getting bored (usually due to communities being far too large, the rules being far too strict, the members having no sense of humor, etc.). This place amazed me because there were people that actually seemed to have more than half a brain and weren't pretentious assholes. In time I discovered that all of these people actually indeed were pretentious assholes, but I stayed nonetheless.

I talked a lot with demondude, hypo, and Jiro though my habit of never replying to messages eventually put an end to that.
I've posted some stupid stuff in my time, but I'm not done yet. There will be quite a few more butt-clenchingly moronic posts from me to come.

Jiro
10-31-2012, 12:18 AM
I had been posting again regularly for a while, and entertained myself not uncommonly by giving the staff a hard time in the Feedback forum, which I fashioned as my own little kingdom.

So that's why I found so much infrastructure. I'm currently the Duke of Private Feedback though so I suppose that's a subsidiary on your larger Kingdom.

Also TrollHunter I dunno how you ever offended people, you're a damn cool guy.

Citizen Bleys
10-31-2012, 12:26 AM
So who's the Earl of the General Archive?

Jiro
10-31-2012, 12:29 AM
Hypoallergenic Cactuar likes to surf the General Archive a fair bit. I haven't gone in there in a while except to read the Ciddies threads.

Pike
10-31-2012, 01:04 AM
Bahaha, Ryest and Relaxraistlin! xD I completely forgot about that. I wouldn't say that was a nickname, just me taking the piss after someone dubbed you two R&R.

I seem to recall coming up with "Wessica" in some LJ comment somewhere which is possibly even worse.

Flying Mullet
10-31-2012, 01:22 AM

I seem to recall coming up with "Wessica" in some LJ comment somewhere which is possibly even worse.

That just sounds like a speech impediment.

Raistlin
10-31-2012, 01:37 AM

Awful? Yes. Worse? Not even close.

Del Murder
10-31-2012, 01:41 AM
Ryestlin?

Shlup
10-31-2012, 01:43 AM
Cid told me to check out his website when we were sitting in English class, and I was like "okay," but then I looked at Cid's Highwind and it was ugly. But then I joined, and then I posted forever. At some point they gave me phenomenal cosmic powers.

That's about it.

Cuchulainn
10-31-2012, 02:18 AM
So allow me to summarise;

+ you're not worth trout if you joined after 2002
+ dropping names of people who regularly stroke your ego in threads like this is very important if you want to them to continue to do so
+ many of you would have died virgins had it not been for here
+ getting banned or acting out to the point where you're scoulded at is an important right of passage here and more likely to get you remembered, especially if you return after the ban like you're Captain Hilts in the Great Escape
+ Everyone is embarassed by the way they used to behave despite being literally the same smurfing people but more cynical
+ Leaving & then coming back again to post a few months later is a matter of biblical importance
+ Livejournal allowed the whiney nerd flap inside all of you to vent, express the inner you & ultimately blossom into the disfunctional turd smurfs that you all are today.
+ and i'm the only male here that Rye hasn't bounced on.

Think we can wrap this badboy up now don't you think?

Shorty
10-31-2012, 02:24 AM
omg you love this site so much, you gave in cuchie wuchie n________________________n :love: :love: :love:

Cuchulainn
10-31-2012, 03:18 AM
There's no denying I've grown fond of you bunch o nerds. Something keeps calling me back but fuck knows what.

Citizen Bleys
10-31-2012, 03:57 AM
Something keeps calling me back but smurf knows what.

Pentagrams drawn in blood, belike.

TrollHunter
10-31-2012, 05:25 AM
I had been posting again regularly for a while, and entertained myself not uncommonly by giving the staff a hard time in the Feedback forum, which I fashioned as my own little kingdom.

So that's why I found so much infrastructure. I'm currently the Duke of Private Feedback though so I suppose that's a subsidiary on your larger Kingdom.

Also TrollHunter I dunno how you ever offended people, you're a damn cool guy.

I'm quite tame on these forums due to me not having to call anyone out on their BS (others do it for me :D)
On forums with either
A) A massive community of self-absorbed 12-14 year olds
B) A list of rules longer than the freaking bible (this includes hilariously dedicated admins who deliver justice like their the judge dredd of the internet for their own sexual pleasures)
C) A community plagued by morons who think they're absolute geniuses and every thread is a circle-jerk about their greatness.

This forum is actually surprisingly very tame in these 3 aspects (not so sure on C though), but for the forums that go off the deep-end I go hardcore troll and go out of my way to not only see how quickly I can get banned, but to also see how much hatemail I can acquire as well.

I haven't had to do so here yet, and I'm also afraid to because I'm sure more than a few people here would stalk me and sacrifice me to some obscure cult.

Tigmafuzz
10-31-2012, 06:07 AM
I'm also afraid to because I'm sure more than a few people here would stalk me and sacrifice me to some obscure cult.

Cthulhu is not obscure :colbert:

Loony BoB
10-31-2012, 08:22 AM
There's no denying I've grown fond of you bunch o nerds. Something keeps calling me back but smurf knows what.
- Nerds flock here
- Cuch keeps coming back
- Cuch doesn't know why

...well, I'm not gonna be the one to tell him. >_>;

Quindiana Jones
10-31-2012, 03:34 PM
Cuch is like one of those TV jocks that secretly plays Dungeons and Dragons every Tuesday (whilst cosplaying), so he bullies all the people he knows who play D&D to make sure that everybody knows that he totally doesn't.

Flying Mullet
10-31-2012, 03:49 PM
Does he do any fantasy sports leagues? Because those are D&D for jocks.

Quindiana Jones
10-31-2012, 03:51 PM
I've heard he likes some game called "football"? I don't really understand it, though. Where are the dragons?! :confused:

Cuchulainn
10-31-2012, 04:15 PM
siiiiiggghhh. One of these days one of you will come up with an insult that isn't just predictable and piss weak.That will be a good day.

Flying Mullet
10-31-2012, 04:17 PM
siiiiiggghhh. One of these days one of you will come up with an insult that isn't just predictable and piss weak.That will be a good day.
Lucky for me (and I quote my girlfriend on this, much to her dismay): "I piss excellence."

Quindiana Jones
10-31-2012, 04:24 PM
Alright, how about this?

Pffrt! You're Irish? I didn't even know they had electricity in Ireland! 37864

There's no way you've ever heard on like that before.

Goldenboko
10-31-2012, 04:27 PM

In the words of Steve, "I fucked yer mum".

Flying Mullet
10-31-2012, 04:39 PM

In the words of Steve, "I fucked yer mum".
Twice.

Shorty
10-31-2012, 05:14 PM
I demand more histories. :colbert:

Flying Mullet
10-31-2012, 05:26 PM

Khoisan hunter-gatherers are the earliest known modern human inhabitants of the area. They were largely absorbed and/or replaced by Bantu peoples during the Bantu migrations, though small numbers remain in parts of southern Angola to the present day. The Bantu came from the north, probably from somewhere near the present-day Republic of Cameroon. When they reached what is now Angola, they encountered the Khoisan, Bushmen and other groups considerably less technologically advanced than themselves, whom they easily dominated with their superior knowledge of metal-working, ceramics and agriculture. The establishment of the Bantu took many centuries and gave rise to various groups who took on different ethnic characteristics.

During this period of time, the Bantu established a number of political units ("kingdoms", "empires") in most parts of what today is Angola. The best known of these is the Kingdom of the Kongo that had its centre in the northwest of contemporary Angola, but included important regions in the west of present day Democratic Republic of the Congo and Republic of Congo as well as in southern Gabon. It established trade routes with other trading cities and civilizations up and down the coast of southwestern and West Africa and even with the Great Zimbabwe Mutapa Empire, but engaged in little or no transoceanic trade.

Shorty
10-31-2012, 05:27 PM
*beats*

Quindiana Jones
10-31-2012, 05:30 PM
A history of beats, she says... (http://www.amazon.com/Beats-Graphic-History-Harvey-Pekar/dp/0809016494)

Shorty
10-31-2012, 05:34 PM
:aimmad:

Loony BoB
10-31-2012, 05:50 PM
I demand more members of Eyes on Final Fantasy post in this thread about their experiences to do with Eyes on Final Fantasy since they registered at Eyes on Final Fantasy. Preferrably from the point they registered through to now.

Jowy
10-31-2012, 05:55 PM
I wanna know what Miriel's planning...

Pumpkin
10-31-2012, 06:17 PM
Okay to be more specific:

Registered May 2011. Mostly posted in Final Fantasy forums before going into GC and EoEO. Blogged a lot. Was studying math in order to get my GED and go to college.
In July I got my GED and registered for college.
In September I started college and got a job and had very little free time.
In October, broke up with boyfriend of 5 years. Discovered chat.
In November(?), started getting a ride to school so I had a few more hours free time (bus schedule from my crappy town made me leave a few hours early) so I got some internships. Donated a lot of money to Movember. Still didn't win the draw.
In December, went to meet with sharkythesharkdogg. Won Ciddie for Best Newbie.
In January, began a relationship with sharky.
In February, changed my name temporarily to lovemuffin. Met VTG. Met Peegee.
In March, moved in with my mother and began the process of getting a green card. Went mostly without internet for a few months.
In April, went to visit sharky again for 3 weeks.
In June, he came to visit me.
In August, went to visit again for 2 weeks. Became a permanent resident of the US.
In September, moved in with sharky.
Now I have internet again and post more regularly. Mostly I'm in chat. I have a lot of people on here I consider friends.

That about sums it up.

Citizen Bleys
10-31-2012, 06:19 PM

Wherefore must I be curs'd
Only to minister to congregations held in deafen'd pits?
I must hobble my speech.
Of elements, sir, a doctor of physic did once explain
That all the earth is province elemental
Sure and steady as the stone-wall foursome
A-holding up our own roof, tied together
By power that we spake on, or traffic
Unmarr'd by thy rough and idle chatter
And the complexion of the element
In favour's like the force that ties the room
O, a muse of fire the first element
Airy breath the second, though this wind
May well be yours for all you flap your tongue
O ill-dispersing wind of misery!
Thou hast no wings, and liable to plunge
You fit not fowl, though foul your interruption
Fish'd for facts, yet fish you cannot be
So water, elemental third, you're not
Of earth, no woman left on earth will have thee
So walk the plains like to a lonely dragon
I care not.

Miriel
11-01-2012, 08:49 AM
I wanna know what Miriel's planning...

Why are you all so suspicious? :colbert:

Citizen Bleys
11-02-2012, 01:49 AM

Uh...because we...y'know...know you?

Tigmafuzz
11-02-2012, 07:03 AM

DO THE MARIO

Madonna
11-03-2012, 10:08 AM
Dwango the Exploding Corpse compelled me to post here. Shy, I instead stuck mostly to satellite boards like the Gamer's Alliance, Fool's Gold, Neskaya, and God Hates Fraggles. Had you a dumb idea, I may have campaigned for it. "Liquid nitrogen" was how cool my EoFF newspaper could be rated. Elections are never as good without me as they are with me. When EoFF quit being a Sean Robinson venture, a two-year self-exile sounded good. I came back to give points to someone (did we ever decide if it was Flying Mullet or rubah?). I may have won a game of mafia since.

All of you have meant so much to me.

Jiro
11-03-2012, 10:16 AM
I did enjoy that EoFF Newspaper. Do you still have the latest version of the site?

Baloki
11-03-2012, 05:04 PM
So back in 2000, after searching the internet for any and all references to ChadMonkey I could find on Alta-Vista I came across a small and unassuming looking bulletin board, but that's enough about my interest in candy.

So originally joined towards the back end of 2003 as LapinOSaurus and started out my EoFF career posting mainly in EoEO about my many problems such as the best place to bury a body and why are stuffed animals so judgemental, it was a harrowing time to say the least. Anyways, after no-one ever responded to my threads I started posting in feedback under the username Yams, still got an unbeaten feedback score you know? Eventually though that lead to a double-life that I became ashamed of, so wanting to start anew I registered a new account under the username Baloki and started posting in General Chat where I came across Walrus' and came to eventually hear and fall in love with the music of Avril Lavigne. All at the tender age of 47, still as time wore on I slowly started ageing backwards to try and seem less creepy while hitting on other members via PM and iRC, by the way this tactic never works as the ladies love an older man!

As 2004 wore on I got involved in something called "the site", a secret shadowy organisation attempting to preserve the world following the invasion by the Observers, a sneaky, technologically advanced race of humans from the future. We slowly learnt from Fires of Avalon how to conceal our thoughts so that they couldn't be read allowing us to move around undetected among the general mass of general chat. Over time we pieced together the scattered plan of one Doctor Unne (what, you don't know who Dr Unne is?) and were able to put in place, thus winding back time to 2003 and enabling us to be in the right place at the right time to stop their osmosis into this world.

With the completion of this project "the site" slowly disbanded and reformed as several opposing factions known as the "newbies" and the "oldbies", this lead to bitter election battles and the bloody war on Socs. Still we overcame and continued on, building bigger and better ivory towers to conceal our administrators of justice in until one day everything went horribly, horribly wrong.

Life changed, a dark shadow rose across the land, the ciddies seemed barren, the General Chat quiet and the warriors withdrew to a land known only as exDee, their very existence a mystery to the rest of the world, obscured as it was by great clouds. Here they played out their peaceful lives, innocent of the litany of excess and violence that was growing in the world below. Over time they attempted to rebuild what they once had, worrying that without it there would be no new warriors to join the fray.

Out of the digital battles a real life collective formed, meeting up across a country known as the United Kingdom, sometimes several times a year, sometimes just to yell loudly and sometimes just to spell obscene things with chips. This team, we'll call it the A-Team continued for many years visiting places like Birmingham, Manchester and London, each time longing for the sea life centre where they could be at peace.

Suddenly one day there was a loud crack of lightning in the digital world, the clouds parted, the light returned allowing the warriors once confined in the land of exDee to return to the world, where weary of their righteous battle set forth to bring chaos and mischief to the lands, events that split the very forum apart, yet somehow brought it closer together. The days of the end were nigh.

Or something completely unlike the above happened, I'm no novelist!

Loony BoB
11-04-2012, 09:53 AM
Quality, man.

Calliope
02-26-2013, 05:02 AM
-Daniel Towns only talks about eoff, so I join eoff to have something to talk to my best friend about, which is also convenient as he has convinced the guy I like to also join eoff. It's cool man, I'm like, fifteen or somethin.
-ALL I REALLY WANTED WAS SOME POPCORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRN!
-Apparently I like communicating with people via text.
-YOU HAVE NO CREDIT REMAINING.
-People I no longer talk to, for various reasons, include: Robbie, Scottie, Mikael, Matt, M4tt, Peter, Emma, Stef, Bonnie, Myles, Greg, Steve, Josh, Leeza, Elyse, Paula, Liz, Tammy, Julie-Ann, Daryl, Jeff.
-Postcard bandits, Eoff prom, A Vey Odd Poem, poetry in general (ugh), Ciddies, The Daily Grind, Spam Brigade, #eoff, /newnick, PEACE, SMS, unban calliope, Ed's Technicolor Nightmare. At some point people use Gmail instead of Hotmail, or god forbid, Yahoo!
-One time I met Del at the airport, while I had a layover on my way to see Spuuky, and he had a layover on his way to see Miriel. That was cool.
-A history of Daniel Towns: Class geek (whom I still beat in geography, by the way), he moved to Scotland, I am unable to help him when he is sad and thinks he likes whiskey, He is unable to help me when I am sad and actually like whiskey, It is good that livejournal is a thing, he has many online girlfriends that peter out after a while but at least he gets to travel, god he is such a dick, suddenly I am in San Francisco and he has a fiancee, sadly I am unable to represent at his wedding but perhaps the new couple may be convinced to travel abroad, eh?
-NO MUM, HE'S A FRIEND OF DANIEL'S AND MINE FROM SCHOOL BUT THEN HE MOVED AWAY, DUHHH.
-People who have bought me dinner/drinks include: Neel, eest, Sarah, Logan, Jojo, Kel, Del + Miriel. I have a specific memory of Daniel buying me an orange "gummi" crocodile, which I consumed at a triangular bus stop.
-75% of my college papers were written while simultaneously sending PMs via these forums, which accounts for my complete lack of employability.
-I have a sudden urge to send everyone postcards.
-:hat:
-You know you spend too much time talking to eoffers online when you get up to go pay the clerk for your time spent in an internet cafe, and they hand you a portrait they have drawn of you because you've been sitting there for so damn long.
-Now I steal Spuuky's clothing to wear to work, and I have carpal tunnel. Thanks, dear.
-PS - Post counts are back? WTF is Gil? Why isn't this formatting how I want it to? What's this little limit break bar? Ugh, you can't go home again.

I Took the Red Pill
02-26-2013, 05:14 AM
And 2008-ish, when LunarWeaver recorded some weird ass rant in front of his mom's closet. I miss them both dearly. There's not enough gay here anymore. :(I don't think this is quite what you're talking about, but I was trudging through the garbage in my old photobucket yesterday and found this:

http://s52.photobucket.com/albums/g9/elementality1210/?action=view&current=FaggotryDeux.mp4

Denmark
02-26-2013, 05:21 AM
dude guys you realize that CALLIOPE just posted right

The Man
02-26-2013, 05:24 AM
Oh, wow, Calliope. How's it going? :monster:

edit: I see I wasn't the only one who had an idea to make a post like that :monster:

Calliope
02-26-2013, 05:30 AM
[theman]Oh, wow, Calliope. How's it going? :monster:

Not bad, thanks. I have a green card! Something something, it is better to be The Man than to work for The Man?

The Man
02-26-2013, 06:01 AM
Something like that, yes. :monster: Yay for green cards, I suspect :monster:

edczxcvbnm
02-26-2013, 06:57 AM
This thread always cracked me up: http://home.eyesonff.com/general-archive/18840-partners.html
Then there was the time Sephex and Myself decided to kill a thead and tell Kawaii about it right away: http://home.eyesonff.com/general-archive/33356-bloke-pipe-spoilers-2.html
That one time I managed to trick a lot of people for about an hour or so: http://home.eyesonff.com/general-archive/90576-i-have-problem-monumental-size.html

I won the screen name tournment the only way one can. By constantly pumping myself up over the years and the votes eventually came through. It felt like I won the God Damned Oscar after months of campaigning! It was awesome.

My misadventures with the staff...over the years that lead to me nearly getting banned for really realz. I always knew how to just walk that line somehow :/

Posting Polo Ponies songs to which Calliope was always a huge fan. To our number 1 fan : YYYYEYYYEYYEEYAAAHAHEEAEAEAAAAAHAAHHAHAHAHHHHhhHHHhHhHHHhHHHhHHhHhhhhhhh!!!!

That time I had a threesome with Looney Bob and Gau(maybe?) during the first anniversary sex switch. Totally awesome.

Other stuffs? I don't know. These seem like the most fun off the top of my head at 1 AM.

Denmark
02-26-2013, 06:58 AM
WHAT THE FUCK IS HAPPENING IN THIS THREAD

edczxcvbnm
02-26-2013, 07:01 AM
WHAT THE FUCK IS HAPPENING IN THIS THREAD

Waffles. Waffles are happening. Can't you smell the deliciousness?

qwertysaur
02-26-2013, 08:18 AM
2006: Joined to look at an attachment in the Kingdom hearts forum. Had no clue what to register as so I looked at the keyboard, saw qwerty and went with it. Added the xsora part because of kingdom hearts.

2007: I was active in the old RP forum as well as the ff forums. I was afraid of general chat for some reason though, until towards the end of the year, mafia broke the ice for me there.

2008: More mafia fun, including hosting a couple games with Psy and we inadvertently lead EoFF mafia games to having tons of wacky roles. :shobon:

I joined the first CK competition and somehow make it to the final round, had a lot of fun and started being more active around the forums in general.

Then I became a mod on Neskaya after joining on a whim because Jojee made almost everybody there a mod. I was a mod there for about 2 years.

Create the EoFF Phantom game (the account is now called Gogo) and ran it for a few months until IRL stuff got in the way.

Narrowly won my first ciddie for best regular. :ciddie:

Joined in the revival of the elections.

Kept playing mafia, almost constantly rolling vanilla town. :p

Along with Momiji and Tavrobel I helped with the transfer of the EoFF wiki and fixing all the broken links from the move.

Made a nation in Void's Eizon. Had fun until edczxcvbnm found a flaw in the mechanics, exploited it and destroyed everything.

Became a founding member of the event committee. Hosted a couple more events like an attempt at reviving the decathalon, but that flopped after 3 rounds.

Helped GoBo organize the archive by labeling what the account names were during that game.

Got most underrated ciddie. :ciddie:

Became a Recognized member. :D

spammed]Posted a lot and was active with the events committee. During the lucky eggs event I got my name changed to John Woo, and after that I had my name changed to qwertysaur. :p

Won best RM/FS ciddie. :ciddie:

EoFF CK competition round 2. This time I got Site staffed at the end. Close enough I guess. :p

Finished the walkthrough for SMRPG after taking forever to do it.

First EoFF hiatus for me because of schoolwork.

Came back from Hiatus and hosted a revival game of mafia with GoBo. Had a ton of fun because Psy took his role and flew with it.

Joined the Zombie party in the elections. Eventually got nominated for vice president and we swept all but one category. :zombie:

Did a lot of work for the frontsite as site staff. Started work on kingdom hearts 358/2 days as I had not yet played FF XIII and didn't want to spoil it for myself. :p

Got the Best Site Staff ciddie. :ciddie:

Took my second hiatus for schoolwork for about 9 months.

Came back just in time for the elections. Joined the poké party and again won. As there have not been any elections since we are still technically in power. :bigsmile:

Had site staff disband. :(

Played in P4 mafia, where I finally got to be in the mafia and led the town to it's demise by being too nice. :evil:

Kept on posting until around September when I really needed a break from the internet in general and took a year off.

:shobon:

Came back, here we are now. Getting back into writing content for the site (I always pick the big sections to do for some reason :p) and having fun.

Loony BoB
02-26-2013, 04:34 PM
Nicky AND edc posting. I'm so happy. :')

Sephex
02-26-2013, 05:27 PM
[theman]Oh, wow, Calliope. How's it going? :monster:

Not bad, thanks. I have a green card! Something something, it is better to be The Man than to work for The Man?

I am also saying hi.

The Man
02-26-2013, 05:32 PM
http://fools-gold.org/forum/images/smilies/amerryoldsoul.gif

Sephex
02-26-2013, 05:41 PM
This thread always cracked me up: http://home.eyesonff.com/general-archive/18840-partners.html
Then there was the time Sephex and Myself decided to kill a thead and tell Kawaii about it right away: http://home.eyesonff.com/general-archive/33356-bloke-pipe-spoilers-2.html
That one time I managed to trick a lot of people for about an hour or so: http://home.eyesonff.com/general-archive/90576-i-have-problem-monumental-size.html

I won the screen name tournment the only way one can. By constantly pumping myself up over the years and the votes eventually came through. It felt like I won the God Damned Oscar after months of campaigning! It was awesome.

My misadventures with the staff...over the years that lead to me nearly getting banned for really realz. I always knew how to just walk that line somehow :/

Posting Polo Ponies songs to which Calliope was always a huge fan. To our number 1 fan : YYYYEYYYEYYEEYAAAHAHEEAEAEAAAAAHAAHHAHAHAHHHHhhHHHhHhHHHhHHHhHHhHhhhhhhh!!!!

That time I had a threesome with Looney Bob and Gau(maybe?) during the first anniversary sex switch. Totally awesome.

Other stuffs? I don't know. These seem like the most fun off the top of my head at 1 AM.

What cracks me up about that FFVII thread that got out of hand was the way we put it to Kishi. It was something like, "Kishi! Sephex and edczxcvbnm are spreading propaganda!"

Seriously, though. The argument ended up talking about the material of the coffin based on the throwaway sound effect that was used for that scene. I still can't get over that!

SophieVIII
02-26-2013, 07:24 PM
Yesterday and today!

Shoden
02-27-2013, 04:33 AM
It was the year of 2004. A good year, I was 15 years young and the world was a distant horizon for my young and internet illiterate self. I had just completed my umpteen run through of Final Fantasy VIII and used EoFF as my guide since I actually used this website because it looked cool. I saw the forums many times and lurked UNTIL! I finally signed up.

At first I was a nobody, much like today!
I posted in the Final Fantasy forums, I posted in the lounge but I started becoming absorbed into the world within a world here on the forums. I started getting involved in the football threads and the camera whore threads.

As time went by myself and 2 other members gained notoriety for being very annoying spammers. My comrades in arms no longer walk these parts but our mutual friends remember those bloodstained days... WELL THEY SHOULD!
One by one the warnings piled and the hammer of justice it fell upon me by the majestic Psychotic, he told me my time was up and with tears in that September of 2006 were shed.

I did try playing it down, bragging and second accounts but every attempt I made of trying to return failed.
Time went on, the sands of the hourglass fell as the days became, weeks, to months and eventually years. I frequented the wicked saloon known as chat quite often. Telling my glorified tales of the spam wars to the newbies in the chat, I proclaimed my valour and of my sacrifice for the greater good.

But deep down inside there was something just not right, I missed the place, I missed the madness. I actually began to desire to return so I sent the message by carrier pigeon to the administration of these forums. I told them, I revealed to them... Everything.

It was the year of 2010. I think... That the veil of exile was lifted from me and I returned to the place that I once called a paradise. Things are different now, things aren't as busy, I'm not the man of internet iron I once was. I just come and I go, sometimes replying but my past, my history remains with me.

The outlaw I once was, is now gone and I am but a humble, EoFFer.
When people recognise and remember by name it makes me happy but not many do, not today so I can ride the desert winds of obscurity as I lurk these forums forever more but the tale of Shoden is far from over. Where one door closes, another opens and where one saga ends so another begins.

Ladies and gentlemen. Thank you.

Quindiana Jones
02-27-2013, 05:38 AM
I came. I saw. I refused to leave.

The Summoner of Leviathan
02-27-2013, 06:28 AM
Hmmm, I suppose I will join in the stroll down memory lane!

I joined in November 2004. I had just gotten a computer with internet, dial-up to be precise. That is right, I was one of those freaks that did not grow-up with a computer. :p I was in my last year of high school and searching the web for ROMs. I came across this site (it still had ROMs back then and other cool jazz!). I, for some reason, decided to join and became quick friends with Faris and Yazoo'sQueen. We would spam our hearts out, sometimes joined/encouraged by Psychotic, before he became all moddy and such. I remember posting stupid shit in EoEO and perhaps Eyes on the World or World Events, whatever that subforum was called.

I also spent a lot of time in the Kingdom Hearts forum where I became friends with some other members who no longer post here and some who I have forgotten their names. Needless to say, I soon started chatting with the now banned Ansem/Lord Xehanort and Xander. Xander was cool, I miss her and the KH Trinity! :( As for Ansem, well, it was my first foray into the world of men. Yes, because my first gay experience was an online relationship that lasted over a year. It was interesting to say the least. In so ways, I am thankful for helping me get out of my shell, in others I really couldn't care less about it. In the end, he got banned and deserved and I cut my ties with him around that time too.

Meanwhile, I remember participating in a bunch of events, such as Elections where I supported boris_no_no (Ruth's) Fluffy Pink Party. Met some more people through that too (such as Jojo). From there there was Ciddism and other things too. It is all kinda of a blur. I have never been a largely active member. I tend to stay on the sidelines, watching things unfold. Sometimes participating when my interest it piqued. The problem is I will often lose interest quickly. So I for the most part lurked around, posting where my interests lie (EoEO and KH and when some new FF was coming out). It has been a fun time. I have made some cool friends from here. Most notably Faris and Freya, the only two I consistently chat or talk with.

As the years have past, I have become less active and more lurking. I used to check this site everyday but for a period of a year or so I would go months without bothering to. Though, EoFF since I joined, has always been my homepage. I still always come back to here. Probably one of the best larger online communities I've been a part of. I love this place and will continue to lurk and post. :D

Madame Adequate
02-27-2013, 06:44 AM
I came. I saw. I refused to leave.

To our ongoing detriment.

Yesterday and today!

I like it!

Quindiana Jones
02-27-2013, 06:53 AM
I'm like that housemate that eats all of your food and doesn't clean up, yet you love him anyway.

Except nobody loves me... :(

Madame Adequate
02-27-2013, 07:33 AM
I had three of those housemates at the same time in Reading and believe me, there was no love involved.

Bubba
02-27-2013, 10:43 AM
I joined back in August 2011 by accident. I was searching for reknowned naked showjumper Geoff Forumskintle and accidentally missed off the 'G' when googling his name.

I generally post random crap and find it very difficult to take anything seriously. Personal highlights I suppose were winning the Best Newbie and Most Underrated Ciddies last June. I also tend to play and sing the odd tune for various purposes around the site. I suppose the best way of posting my EOFF history is to re-post every post I've ever done. If you just bear with me, I'll get on that right away.

Shorty
02-27-2013, 12:44 PM
Naked... showjumper?

Bubba
02-27-2013, 12:54 PM
Naked... showjumper?

Yeah, there's a chance I may have made up that first paragraph. I joined to get some help on FFVIII and Kaiserdragon duly obliged!

Calliope
02-27-2013, 10:38 PM
Query: What the goddamn hell are reputation comments? I am reduced to being a veteran and a n00b at the same time. In my day, we coped with board resets, and we liked it!

Also: Hi Sephex. Ahoy hoy! HAIL BRUCKNER!

Quindiana Jones
02-28-2013, 02:49 PM
If you make a good post, people can give it positive reputation. Some people add personal comments, such as explaining why they liked it, or calling you an idiot. :D

Mercen-X
03-01-2013, 01:11 AM
A bit of backhistory: I rented VII from Hollywood Video the year it came out after reading up on it in T&T. My initial impression from the magazine was that the graphics looked better than anything I'd seen up to that point (I hadn't played Tekken), I'd forgotten already what Final Fantasy was. I actually assumed it was some kind of fighter or adventure game because I forgot was an RPG was. I played the game until I finished it three months later. I then wanted to play it over and picked up a copy to own. Six years later, I graduated from high school and started lurking around sites like EO. Then I signed up one day while visiting my surrogate uncle and aunt who had a slowass dial-up (Earthlink). This was shortly before my "uncle's" latent jealousy issues concerning his wife and any other male that made any kind of intimate gesture toward her finally came out. Yeah, back in college, his girlfriend had slept with his roommate and so he broke up with her. Despite my mom also being present in the room, my uncle took it wrong that my dad hugged my aunt to thank her for dinner. He confronted my dad in his garage while strongly repressing some obvious violent impulses. The last time I saw him was two years ago, he having long since separated from his wife for his inability to manage his jealousy.

Aaaaaanyway.... I don't really know about my history here. I'm just gonna look up the threads I posted.

I made a list of how to identify a VII enthusiast (a contributor suggested "you try to ride a motorcycle down a flight of stairs").
VIII Spin-offs warranted My Dog Ragnarok.
Drove the VII forums nuts with incessant rants about the ups of a remake. I also proposed the theory that since SAG obtain bird's wings (angelic) and KH-Cloud is given a bat's wing (demonic) that Cloud must in turn be a demon.
I've written a couple of tournaments inspired by Behold. I've written a fanfic (http://home.eyesonff.com/timber-maniacs-hq/131025-hack-ex-fanfic.html) and a couple of near-popular RPs having taken part in many as well.
Wrote some pretty good Take that black cat strutting along my path,
I'll kick you in the back then stroll right passed.
There is no one around with the power to pound down
this epic proportional elation I've found out
was long lost locked deep within my soul;
the power to grow is the power to know
when you've got the light, you've got the right to let it show. back in '05.
Met Iri Valentine who inspired an Aeris-esque character for one of my projects.
Met Nexas-kun who inspired the main character of my immense-scale project.
Looking back over my posts from like 2006 or so, I'm really embarrassed at my sense of entitlement and self-righteousness.
I posted a thread entirely devoted to the fact that I'd gotten an email from a disappeared EoFFer.
A decent thread here and there (like this one (http://home.eyesonff.com/general-square-enix/120612-sequels-innovations.html)).
Similar to (http://home.eyesonff.com/lounge/136343-comedic-quips.html) the answers thread.
Raistlin beat the pants off Schlup in my Boggle challenge (http://home.eyesonff.com/general-chat/129518-boggle.html).
Requisitioned an awesome logo (http://home.eyesonff.com/relms-studio/122953-any-takers-art-conquest.html#post2647134) from BG-57.
I suggested .hack put forth a story about the "Gods Rebirth" and wrote a fanfiction wherein the player characters are incarnations of the gods (not phases).
Generated "x-games" for the kh-thread (i.e. x-hypocrite forms two other real words). Even I have no idea what All of the following words begin with the letter X.
13 letters rearrange to form ".45" "S"
12 letters rearrange to form "self-feeding furnaces" "revolt"
11 letters rearrange to form "lightning" "rhino"
10 letters rearrange to form "No. 47" "tropic nut"
9 letters rearrange to form "the Hatter" "bee"
8 letters rearrange to form "his 13" "tears"
7 letters rearrange to form "Kairi's Keychain" "him"
6 letteres rearrange to form "naval" "aerial"
7 letters rearrange to form "rainbow" "trick"
8 letters rearrange to form "tweaked" "slippery"
9 letters rearrange to form "Greek 21st" "Eternal ______"
9 letters rearrange to form "FFX dream" "shaft"
9 letters rearrange to form "to God" "pig"
9 letters rearrange to form "hideous" "death rope"
10 letters rearrange to form "Future Esthar's" "game"
10 letters rearrange to form "100-headed beast" "corridor"
10 letters rearrange to form "CE10" "assault"
11 letters rearrange to form "earth's core" "Angier from Prestige"
12 letters rearrange to form "blue" "time change"
12 letters rearrange to form "pliant" "vase" are anymore.
Made MyWorld (http://home.eyesonff.com/timber-maniacs-hq/123786-myworld-eye-war.html) and then gave up on it.
I had a dream about KH (http://home.eyesonff.com/kingdom-hearts/132063-dreaming-sora.html).

Miriel
03-11-2013, 12:31 AM
Bumping this in case any of the old EoFF retirees want to tap into all that nostalgia to post something.

Loony BoB
03-11-2013, 01:28 PM
Aye, that would be pretty sweet. Maybe they'd like to read some of 'em, too. Who knows. :D

Alive-Cat
03-11-2013, 07:32 PM
Oooohhh much misbehaving, "the terrible three" Live Journal entry, "I Am Not Primus Inter Pares" second account, Olive-Men signature, Mexican related thread...much usernoting fun. Those times shine bright!

P.S. I am still obsessed, very wrongly captivated and enthralled, by Psychotic and everything he does and ever has done.