PDA

View Full Version : Snow, oh how I want you to stay forever in my life.

TrollHunter
10-25-2012, 09:20 PM
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcShaJ2kO1y6m84sM5hTZSXx1flFdrbEGMbL69fYIQ4HBO59OzOyw6-d8-Ox

So, it's snowing outside and I freaking love snow.
Discuss your experience with the beautiful lovechild of below freezing temperatures and precipitation.

Shauna
10-25-2012, 09:23 PM
http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/suikoden/snowe01.jpg

Snow is pretty awesome. I love being out in the snow for the funsies, but I hate travelling in it. Hopefully the snow won't be too much of an issue in the coming months. :3

Jowy
10-25-2012, 09:24 PM
The cold weather builds character and brings people together. I'm always excited to take some hot coffee with me on my way to work, clean my car off and just drive and relax and watch how much more beautiful my surroundings are when they're covered entirely in snow.

Ice can go fuck itself though.

Shorty
10-25-2012, 09:29 PM
I also love snow. Everyone is complaining all over my facebook about the first snow of the season in Utah and I'm insanely jealous. Cold weather makes me nostalgic for my hometown.

There's nothing better than having a fireplace and a peppermint mocha or (spiked) eggnog when it gets cold and snowy.

TrollHunter
10-25-2012, 09:30 PM
http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/suikoden/snowe01.jpg

Snow is pretty awesome. I love being out in the snow for the funsies, but I hate travelling in it. Hopefully the snow won't be too much of an issue in the coming months. :3

Okay, maybe that guy.

But oh yes, the joy of hot chocolate and ski resorts coming to their peak in the year.

I completely agree on ice though, good god ice is terrible. Especially considering I live in a neighborhood that doesn't do crap to handle the frequent snow-storms and icy roads.

escobert
10-25-2012, 09:30 PM
I hate snow because it means it's cold out and I hate being cold. I was not made for Vermont.

Faris
10-25-2012, 09:34 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! I hate the cold :( and because of the summer drought we're supposed to get more snow than usual. The only time I like seeing snow is on Christmas.

I've seen a few snow flakes this week but today is 20 degrees celsius :love:

Clo
10-25-2012, 09:35 PM
I hate snow, because it MELTS, and makes my clothes wet. :stare:

TrollHunter
10-25-2012, 09:46 PM

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! I hate the cold :( and because of the summer drought we're supposed to get more snow than usual. The only time I like seeing snow is on Christmas.

The both of you are dead to me.
It's currently bouncing between -3 to 1 degrees Celsius up here.
The snow lets me wear a crapton of layers, and spend a crapton of money on skiing and snowboarding. That alone is enough reason to love it eternally.
Not to mention that the level of coziness you can reach in weather like this is just near impossible to reach in warm weather.

Chris
10-25-2012, 11:22 PM
Wished I lived in Arizona. Not saying anymore than that. :(

Not too crazy about snow, unless it has "White" written behind it.

Denmark
10-25-2012, 11:31 PM
i love snow it is the reason
that winter is my favorite season

excited for potential snoreastercane next week

Shorty
10-25-2012, 11:36 PM
Wished I lived in Arizona. Not saying anymore than that. :(

I can't stress how much you shouldn't wish to live there.

Faris
10-25-2012, 11:37 PM

The both of you are dead to me.
It's currently bouncing between -3 to 1 degrees Celsius up here.
The snow lets me wear a crapton of layers, and spend a crapton of money on skiing and snowboarding. That alone is enough reason to love it eternally.
Not to mention that the level of coziness you can reach in weather like this is just near impossible to reach in warm weather.

I was stuck in a blizzard once waiting over an hour for a bus on the other side of the city from where I live. I couldn't feel most of my body by the time I got home. That's when snow crossed the line. :hot:

Flaming Ice
10-25-2012, 11:56 PM
Snow is better when you're a kid and don't have to worry about it as much.

But it was pretty warm here today.

TrollHunter
10-25-2012, 11:57 PM
I would understand... but if that was me I would get an unhealthy murderous hatred for buses, not snow. The snow didn't mean to hurt you, but the bus driver... oh the bus driver made the snow do it. He was behind it all along.

Pike
10-26-2012, 12:45 AM
In Montana it snows from like October to May and then you have to spend forever scraping it off of your car so I'm just gonna say no thanks to it.

TrollHunter
10-26-2012, 12:47 AM
It's much the same here in Colorado, but I still can't find it in myself to dislike it.

Raistlin
10-26-2012, 01:02 AM
I enjoy snow. I grew up in Colorado, and so would have great fun in the snow. However, I hate driving in snow, especially in places that don't see much of it and so the roads aren't fully plowed and everyone freaks out.

And no one wants Snowe to stay forever in their life.

Laddy
10-26-2012, 01:47 AM
We will get snow once a year if we're lucky down here because Tennessee is so goddamn hot. When it does snow, people freak the fuck and talk about how global warming is a lie and stuff. *sigh* Tennessee, how you perplex me~

Jinx
10-26-2012, 02:13 AM
I LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE SNOW

Late autumn/early winter is my favourite part of the year. Today it was freezing rain, cold as tits, and cloudy all day.

I was so happy.

Flaming Ice
10-26-2012, 02:19 AM
I LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE SNOW

Late autumn/early winter is my favourite part of the year. Today it was freezing rain, cold as tits, and cloudy all day.

I was so happy.

Rain is nice....but fall seems to be getting warmer each year.

Faris
10-26-2012, 04:18 AM
I would understand... but if that was me I would get an unhealthy murderous hatred for buses, not snow. The snow didn't mean to hurt you, but the bus driver... oh the bus driver made the snow do it. He was behind it all along.

Not that the transportation around here is excellent but the snow storm was why the bus was late. :p There were a lot of accidents that day.

Jiro
10-26-2012, 04:19 AM
No snow here. I miss it.

TrollHunter
10-26-2012, 04:21 AM

Not that the transportation around here is excellent but the snow storm was why the bus was late. :p There were a lot of accidents that day.

Okay okay, that doesn't sound like a fun experience at all. The only time I've gotten stuck in a blizzard I was ridiculously prepared and still nearly froze my toes, fingers and ears off.
If you were unprepared... yeah, that would be brutal.

~*~Celes~*~
10-26-2012, 04:30 AM
I don't like snow, it makes me cold :( The only good part about being cold is cuddling and hot cocoa or coffee, and a good excuse to break out the fuzzy blankets!

NorthernChaosGod
10-26-2012, 05:12 AM
I live in Southern California and it's snowed like three times here since the 60s. I've never actually seen snow in person.

drotato
10-26-2012, 02:59 PM
We will get snow once a year if we're lucky down here because Tennessee is so goddamn hot. When it does snow, people freak the smurf and talk about how global warming is a lie and stuff. *sigh* Tennessee, how you perplex me~
Yep, this. I hate Tennessee. I wish I lived in the northern states, where it snowed more often. I love snow... Until I can't travel in it. :(

Pumpkin
10-26-2012, 06:37 PM
I like snow. It's especially a lot of fun when you're a kid and you get to make snowballs and snow forts and snowmen etc. I love coming in the house and having some hot chocolate and snuggling up with a blanket on a cold snowy day. Reading a book or something.

I was always worried about there not being snow on the ground for Christmas, because its part of the experience for me, and a few years in a row it would snow and melt, but I always got lucky enough that usually Christmas day or Christmas eve there would be snow on the ground. Now that I've moved, I am most likely not going to have snow on the ground for Christmas, and I probably won't be seeing that much of it at all.

Slothy
10-26-2012, 06:48 PM
I love snow with two little caveats: when it's two feet deep and I need to shovel the driveway to get out, and when it's April and it still hasn't gone anywhere.

Iceglow
10-28-2012, 08:56 AM
I'm not a fan of snow but then I was born a summer child who loves the sun (what's there not to love about summer dresses on girls and the ability to chill out in the local park with friends and a brew or two?) To me being born and raised in the one city in the world I can think of what has a population of over 7m people and cannot handle so little as 2 inches of snow it's really just an inconvenience what costs me money and time.

That being said we had our first snow of the year yesterday morning and it didn't settle thankfully but shit how I wish it was sunny and 30 - 40c again!

Rantz
10-28-2012, 11:03 AM
I love snow with two little caveats: when it's two feet deep and I need to shovel the driveway to get out, and when it's April and it still hasn't gone anywhere.

Pretty much this! Snow is great until it isn't anymore.

Zeldy
10-28-2012, 03:28 PM
I wish it snowed here; all we get is ice, and frost, and it will snow for like a random outburst every now and then and it just ices up and thats as much as we can hope for. :cry: