PDA

View Full Version : Donations

Shorty
10-25-2012, 10:20 PM
I keep getting fucking emails from the democratic campaign to donate money and I'm kindof tired of it, but it got me thinking about causes to donate money to.

I've contributed to Obama's campaign in the past, the Villalobos pit bull rescue center ran by Tia Maria Torres, singular animal situations that needed emergency funding (usually abused pit bulls) and local animal shelters.

What organizations or special circumstances have you donated money to?

Denmark
10-25-2012, 10:21 PM
salvation army every winter because i despise carrying change around (oh and to be a good person and whatnot)

Bunny
10-25-2012, 11:02 PM
One of these days, I will get around to donating to Worldbuilders and Child's Play.

Quindiana Jones
10-25-2012, 11:02 PM
I have had a debit set up with the RNLI for years now. I have no intention to ever cancel it. The RNLI are fucking gods among us pathetic creatures.

Miriel
10-25-2012, 11:10 PM
I've donated a couple hundred dollars to Treasured K9s (http://www.treasuredk9s.org/) and Two Dog Farms (http://www.twodogfarms.com/). And I also sponsored a child through SOS Children's Village. And then one off donations to the Red Cross when a big natural disaster hits.

And every once in awhile, I'll donate stuff to Goodwill.

Mirage
10-25-2012, 11:14 PM
I've given around 600 bucks to some charity over the past 5 years, by monthly debit charges. I cancelled it yesterday, though.

Chris
10-25-2012, 11:16 PM
I think I must have joined PETA at some point, because I keep getting letters from them asking for donations. I don't recall ever being a member of PETA... :confused:

I help out my family in the Philippines, and I do think that... well, it's more charity, than donation, I suppose.

I regularly donate money to our local Cancer Organization.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
10-25-2012, 11:21 PM
Whenever I'm in the checkout line and they go "Would you like to round out your purchase to the nearest dollar to help donate to the *fund here*?"

"Thank you sir, you're helping me reach my goal for the day".

I also sometimes see fire fighters randomly standing in the middle of a four way stop sign with a boot in their hand. I throw some change in there as well.

I haven't actively gone out of my way to donate anything, but if I happen to see someone collecting change, I'll give some if i have it. I'm not really saving up loose change, you know?

I plan on donating a couple boxes of stuff to goodwill when I move to a new place, though.

Laddy
10-25-2012, 11:38 PM
A little. I'm pretty low on funds usually but I throw a few bucks in the charity jar sometimes. I wish I had a more consistent means of donation but unfortunately I'll have to get a job for that to happen.

Pike
10-26-2012, 12:47 AM
I have donated to Child's Play Charity.

I have also donated a bunch of money out of my paychecks over the years to United Way and to PetSmart Charities.

And I've donated to my parents, because they are even more poor than I am.

I think this year I will donate to NaNoWriMo; this seems to be the first year I've participated where I have a few extra bucks to do so. And I really owe them a lot. It's because of them that I'm published!

Raistlin
10-26-2012, 01:07 AM
I've given money to various dog shelters, the Innocence Project, and the ACLU. Other organizations that I'd like to give to when I have more money include LEAP (http://www.leap.cc/) and FIRE (http://thefire.org/).

Jiro
10-26-2012, 04:21 AM
I don't know. I've given money to those people that accost you on the street. I donated a lot of money to MS Research through a fundraising campaign.

~*~Celes~*~
10-26-2012, 04:34 AM
I donate $5 every paycheck to United Way. I feel good about it because they were there when my hometown got hit by a tornado. I also plan to donate blood again after the baby's born, I've only made one donation so far and that was right before I got pregnant.

Quindiana Jones
10-26-2012, 10:39 AM
I also donate to various CF funds, because they are disgracefully underfunded for a disease that is still a massive issue.