PDA

View Full Version : EoFF Plays Dungeons & Dragons/Pathfinder

Pages : [1] 2

Laddy
10-26-2012, 06:45 AM
Would anyone be up for an online game of D&D 3.5E or Pathfinder? Anyone can DM it, but I'd be ok with doing it, even though I'm not the best. :p

So, who's in? If so, which game would you prefer?

Araciel
10-26-2012, 07:39 AM
As always, I'm in. Pathfinder!

NeoCracker
10-26-2012, 10:07 AM
Yes to the Pathfinder.

I may finally have the chance to play my Titan Mauler character! :D

Araciel
10-26-2012, 05:41 PM
I'd play anything or run anything.

NeoCracker
10-26-2012, 06:05 PM
I have a few good Ideas for a somewhat lovecraftian based game actually. I'd want at least one more person then just two players though.

Ideally we get two more people, but three players and a DM work fine. :p

Faris
10-26-2012, 07:44 PM
I don't know D&D all that well but I'd love to join as a player.

Bolivar
10-26-2012, 07:58 PM
Hell yes I'm down.

PEOPLE THIS IS AN EPIC OPPORTUNITY TO BOND WITH YOUR FELLOW EOFFERS NOT MENTION ONE OF THE COOLEST PEOPLE YOU'LL EVER MEET - Me!!!

NeoCracker
10-26-2012, 08:20 PM
Well, then we just decide on a DM.

Faris has never played, so she's out. (Just as a DM, not a player. :p)

Again, I have had an Idea for a Pathfinder Campaign anyway, so I'd happily run it.

Just so you have an Idea of what I have in mind, it would be in a desert country and involve a lot of supernatural.

Sound good?

Faris
10-26-2012, 08:25 PM
:excited:

Could you link to a character sheet and list that we would be using so that I can get ideas for a character? Actually, I own a DM kit so I could flip through that for classes and such.

Hey Bolivar, know where I can find the book online? :)

Bolivar
10-26-2012, 08:26 PM
Sweet. I just ordered the Pathfinder core rulebook, too, for collection purposes as well as this. Other people w/o one shouldn't have a problem downloading it.

Desert country. Supernatural.

CRACKER I HAD NO IDEA YOU LOVED XENOGEARS SO MUCH I CAN'T WAIT FOR US ALL TO GO TO AVEH TOGETHER!!!

NeoCracker
10-26-2012, 08:42 PM
Here is teh PFSRD. It's got info from pretty much every book.

Pathfinder_OGC (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/)

Best of all, it's endorsed by the guys who make Pathfinder. :p

The Characters, if I am DM'ing, will be made off a 25 Point Build.

Traits can be selected, (Normal trait rules apply.)

All I really want is you make characters who would be willing to work together. :p

Edit: And I will stab you Bolivar. Right in the kidney.

Laddy
10-26-2012, 09:54 PM
Oh my god I am so excited. Again, I have no problem DMing but I'm not the best at it. :p

Araciel
10-26-2012, 10:55 PM
I really only run games for the past few years at this point - could run Carrion Crown as I've had practice with a couple of groups.

But if I'm a player itd be sweet too - I can try any class the party may need.

Hard part will be scheduling...

Edit yea I like an actual group- best to make them have interwoven backstory in a lot of cases.

NeoCracker
10-27-2012, 12:47 AM
I've seen most of the moduals, so running one of them may not be a good idea. :p

Araciel
10-27-2012, 01:12 AM
Well it seems we have no shortage of DMs I could always run some new thing too, but it'd be good to be a PC.

NeoCracker
10-27-2012, 01:17 AM
Well what would you prefer? If anything I prefer doing the Dming most times. :p

Bolivar
10-27-2012, 01:34 AM
I'm all for that, especially since you got this scenario you've been kicking around.

Been looking at some of the pathfinder rules... isn't 25 points a lot? I'm not complaining, though...

What do you guys think about what to run it on. Maptools is pretty acclaimed and Araciel mentioned roll20.net

NeoCracker
10-27-2012, 01:51 AM
I'm not to sure what to run it on, so I'll go with what the group suggests if Laddy is fine with me running DM as well. :p

25 is considered High Fantasy. It is equivilent to 32 in 3.5.

I like the higher point build since it helps keep classes like Monk from being left to far behind, since they depend on so many different stats.

Araciel
10-27-2012, 01:53 AM
I could totally be a player. Roll 20 is good- its basic and requires no download, runs right in browser. Honestly I could just play with Skype and some dice

NeoCracker
10-27-2012, 01:57 AM
I'd really only care about the program we use for purposes of maps. Playing without a map can get kind of confusing depending on how much is going on. :p

Faris
10-27-2012, 01:57 AM
Can't help you guys decide that one. Never played it online but will we be using voice chat or a central chat area?

NeoCracker
10-27-2012, 01:59 AM
That is what we are discussing. :p

I'd prefer voice, though I'm not sure how the built-in mic on my Webcam will work, and it might be a bit before I can get a nicer one. :p

Though some people tend to get more into character if they just type, so I'm good either way! :monster:

Faris
10-27-2012, 02:02 AM
Oops, I missed that post.

I have dice as well if it comes down to that.

Bunny
10-27-2012, 03:36 AM
I only have a very limited experience with 3rd Edition rules but I think this would be fun. I'm not sure what the schedule of the game would be but I would participate if possible.

Araciel
10-27-2012, 05:19 AM
OMG Me vs Bunbun

NeoCracker
10-27-2012, 05:43 AM
Bunny
Araciel
Bolivar
Faris
Laddy
Myself.

Well, I guess we should ask what everyones availability is?

Edit: And bunny, Pathfinder is basically built of 3rd edition rules, so this shouldnt' be hard to pick up. :p

Bolivar
10-27-2012, 06:30 AM
I'm super flexible, I can work around other people's schedules

I just watched the Take a Quick Tour video at Roll 20 and I'm really impressed at what it can do. I like how in some ways these programs can eclipse the tabletop by giving you things like fog of war really easy. And having video/voice chat together with it is pretty great.

The only thing that concerned me is that some content is premium and it seems like you're going through their site for a lot of things. It's really up to whoever DMs, whether you want the (apparently) easier functionality, or being able to run it from your computer where your resources are only limited by what you download (talking about Maptools). Maybe Aracial could give us some more insight on this?

NeoCracker
10-27-2012, 08:25 AM
As long as there is a mapping thing, the rest isn't really important. A simple Skype/MSN connection can keep us well enough in touch.

Laddy
10-27-2012, 01:21 PM
Yeah, you can DM, I prefer being a PC anyway. :monster: As far as programs go, I'm all right with anything, I can use Skype too. So I'm okay with anything with anything as far as programs.

In regards to schedule, I can do most things. The problem is getting timezones to line up but even then I can do near anything that doesn't have to do with classes, especially while I'm on hiatus.

Faris
10-27-2012, 03:33 PM
Right now I can 100% guarantee Sundays and Wednesdays after 6pmEST and 100% say no to Thursday. Everything else is up in the air depending on if and when I get a second job.

As for timezones I'm in -5 (EST) land. I can whip up a calendar of everyone's availability and align it to one timezone if you'd like, UBH.

Laddy
10-27-2012, 03:35 PM
I'm -6 (CST) and I'm free most days for the time being.

Bunny
10-27-2012, 06:05 PM
-7 (MST) and I can do Tuesdays through Saturdays fairly reliably. Sundays and Mondays are bad.

NeoCracker
10-27-2012, 06:20 PM
That would be wonderful Faris. :p

I'm on the same Timezone as Bunny.

As it looks, Sundays, Mondays, and Thursdays are out.

So, I guess we can very which days we do it depending on whether or not scheduals change each weak.

How does doing our games in the evenings, 6PM EST (If I'm not off, that would be 5PM for Laddy, 4PM for Bunny and me)? If we can agree on that, it's just a matter of knowing each week what evenings are open.

Saturday, however, seems like the most relaible day all around for everyone.

Laddy
10-27-2012, 06:29 PM
Works for me. :monster:

Faris
10-27-2012, 06:44 PM
Just need info from Araciel and Bolivar's time zone. I'm guessing yours is flexible UBH?

Once we have everyone's timezone I'll adjust this to the most populated one.

NeoCracker
10-27-2012, 07:02 PM
I vary from week to week actually. Today, for example, I couldn't, but Saturday next week is fine.

TrollHunter
10-27-2012, 08:18 PM
I'd join if it was feasible, as I love both games to death. Sadly, I won't be able to.
As long as I can keep updated I'm happy.

Laddy
10-27-2012, 09:55 PM
If your schedule ever opens up, let us know. :bigsmile:

Araciel
10-28-2012, 02:50 AM
Schedule changes too often... :( might could sit in on a session or two but yeah... I guess I was silly to think I could get in on the madness

Laddy
10-28-2012, 03:31 AM
D: NOOOOOOOO

NeoCracker
10-28-2012, 03:32 AM
:cry:

Faris
10-28-2012, 03:35 AM
I'm sure there's another way we can wedge you in or work the schedule.

Araciel
10-28-2012, 03:45 AM
I'll work something out if I can... for now count me out..

:D Really wanna though

Laddy
10-28-2012, 03:52 AM
DOn't have time? MAKE IT. :stare:

Araciel
10-28-2012, 03:59 AM
Work schedule changes pretty much weekly
this week I can do monday from 10am-6pm EST

then next week I don't know..

CimminyCricket
10-28-2012, 06:14 AM
If you all end up playing D&D 3.5 let me know, I just bought a copy of the Players Handbook I found on sale for $10 (one of the initial blue pages was ripped) and I would like to try to learn how to play. C:

Laddy
10-28-2012, 06:19 AM
Pathfinder is pretty much D&D 3.5 with a few extra features and more rebalanced, so I think you'll be fine if you wanna give it a shot. Plus, the site linked earlier in this thread has everything you'll need.

Bolivar
10-29-2012, 02:07 AM
I'm also on the Eastern time zone... And I can definitely work my schedule around other people's.

I've been going through the MapTools tutorials (http://www.rptoolstutorials.net/)... they're really straight forward and the tools are very impressive. There's also stuff like this (http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=19588) that could help us considerably to play Pathfinder.

I can set up a dungeon if a few of you want to have a dry run and bash some monsters and see how it all works. I also know building this kind of stuff can be time consuming, so I'd be willing to help out making some of the generic non-story-related stuff and help scour for images or anything else we might need.

Faris
10-29-2012, 02:12 AM
If we're all game for that everyone can send me their schedules and I'll post the best times.

NeoCracker
10-29-2012, 03:02 AM
As I said, my schedual can vary a bit week to week. Though here soon we can start working on characters.

Here are the basics of the campaign and character creation you will need to know.

1) Characters are made on a 25 Point build.
2) The continent the game is set on will be mostly desert.
3) There is a country working to take control of the continent. It is a very tyranical nation.
4) No players may be from this nation.
5) Starting off, your players are all accused of being part of a rebel faction who wants to defeat this nation. (Regardless of whether you actually were or not. You may ahve been set up by another, simply shown up to a place you shouldn' thave been and they mistook you for a rebel, or perhaps you actually are.)
6) The game starts with you at a rebel camp, having recently been freed by the Rebels in question.

Laddy
10-29-2012, 03:17 AM
All right. I was going to make a Half-Elf Sorcerer if that's okay with you guys. ;D

NeoCracker
10-29-2012, 03:48 AM
Quick note, for your character backstory, at first I'd rather you discuss it with me and not leave it in the open forum.

I'm not saying I want you to default hide it from other players, more so that I'd rather your characters stories come out through the gameplay itself.

I have no problems bringing up race and classes here though, so we can ensure we have a variety amongst the players. :p

CimminyCricket
10-29-2012, 04:01 AM
I think I'll sit the first round out and depending on how you all end up playing (via chat or what have you) I'll try to throw in with the next game.

Bolivar
10-29-2012, 04:05 AM
I'm gonna make a Half-Orc Fighter. Will send my backstory soon...

NeoCracker
10-29-2012, 04:06 AM
I'm tinkering around with OpenRPG right now to see how nicely this thing runs.

Jinx
10-29-2012, 02:35 PM
Wow, long thread.

I've never played D&D, but would be up to it! Does it cost anything for the program?

Faris
10-29-2012, 05:06 PM
We will need your schedule and timezone, m'dear. :D

UBH is helping me build my character. I'll be an Elf ranger.

Araciel
10-29-2012, 06:13 PM
I'll make a character just in case.

Druid cleric or oracle...hrmmm

Bunny
10-29-2012, 06:14 PM
I plan on being a rogue of some undetermined race.

Araciel
10-29-2012, 06:37 PM
After researching oracle, I find it immediately awesome due to the curses.

Human oracle...more to come. Anyone wanna be my in-character friend/family member/slave etc?

Faris
10-29-2012, 06:43 PM
Hope this list is helpful. This is what we have so far:
- Araciel: Human Oracle
- Bolivar: Half-Orc Fighter (Ready)
- Bunny: Half-Elf Bard (Ready)
- Faris: Elf Ranger (Ready)
- Laddy: Half-Elf Sorcerer (Ready)
- UBH: DM

I'll update this post if someone else joins or changes the character or class.

Laddy
10-29-2012, 07:35 PM
Wow, long thread.

I've never played D&D, but would be up to it! Does it cost anything for the program?

No, all of the programs we linked to are totally free. :)

NeoCracker
10-29-2012, 08:30 PM
The Program I've been messing with is OpenRPG. It seems to be the most efficient one of the lot, so I think we should go with that.

TrollHunter
10-29-2012, 09:59 PM
If you get a big enough party it could get quite epic.
Better give them a run for their money~

NeoCracker
10-29-2012, 10:09 PM
Oh believe me, I'm going to run these guys to the bone. You should see the shit I pulled on my IRL party. :p

TrollHunter
10-29-2012, 10:14 PM
Man I wish I could play. I used to play D&D (4th edition mind you) and shadowrun like every week before all my friends moved to college.
Sadly I'm only free on friday, saturday, and sunday and that'd be inconsistent at best.

Bunny
10-31-2012, 04:22 AM
After more discussing with UBH, I've decided to go with a Half-Elf Bard instead of a Rogue.

Whose ready for some sweet songs?

sharkythesharkdogg
10-31-2012, 04:40 AM
I doubt with my schedule that I'll be able to play, but I do like it. I prefer 3.5 to Pathfinder (feats at every level for a fighter, and the monk is almost useless), but they're both fun.

On the off chance I could, what is the current schedule, and how does the DM feel about monstrous characters?

NeoCracker
10-31-2012, 05:19 AM
Any of the playable races listed in the SRD I am likely fine with, Id just want it run by me first. (And the Pathfinder monk is way more useful then a 3.5 monk. :p)

TrollHunter
10-31-2012, 05:27 AM
After more discussing with UBH, I've decided to go with a Half-Elf Bard instead of a Rogue.

Whose ready for some sweet songs?

You can have some hilarious fun with bards if you're up for roleplaying and thinking outside the box.
Bards are frickin' awesome.

Laddy
10-31-2012, 05:36 AM
I used to play bards almost exclusively until I got on my wizard kick after playing AD&D. Bards rule.

Bunny
10-31-2012, 05:39 AM
I will try to live up to your expectations. Hopefully I don't screw it up too bad.

Araciel
10-31-2012, 05:41 AM
So if it's a desert, maybe I could play an oracle that finds sources of water..?

NeoCracker
10-31-2012, 06:34 AM
...Can Oracles do that? :p

Faris
10-31-2012, 12:47 PM
Just don't be an idiot like me and forget we're in a desert and buy cold weather gear :zombert: Actually, deserts get really cold at night...

On the off chance I could, what is the current schedule, and how does the DM feel about monstrous characters?
Right now I'm collecting everyone's schedule along with their time zone. There will be no games on Sunday, Monday or Thursday. Other than that, by the looks of things it's going to vary week by week.

Araciel
10-31-2012, 01:54 PM

Create Water - Pathfinder_OGC (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/c/create-water)

Laddy
10-31-2012, 07:43 PM
That reminds me of a story in which I played with a group at a con. :I

NeoCracker
11-01-2012, 01:36 AM

Create Water - Pathfinder_OGC (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/c/create-water)

Not exactly the same as finding water. :p

Araciel
11-01-2012, 06:23 AM
They'll never know... muhahahah

NeoCracker
11-01-2012, 02:14 PM

You know, until they ask you where the water spring is and you can't answer them....

Mirage
11-01-2012, 02:15 PM
As an answer to the thread title.

World of darkness, mother fuckers.

Araciel
11-01-2012, 04:48 PM

You know, until they ask you where the water spring is and you can't answer them....

Which means roleplaying.

Laddy
11-01-2012, 07:48 PM
As an answer to the thread title.

World of darkness, mother smurfers.
I do like me some World of Darkness.

sharkythesharkdogg
11-01-2012, 08:47 PM
Any of the playable races listed in the SRD I am likely fine with, Id just want it run by me first. (And the Pathfinder monk is way more useful then a 3.5 monk. :p)

I'm allowing all 3.5 books. Pathfinder is still a small system, so even though it does make a slightly better monk, once you factor in all of 3.5's available feats and other options, you can make a nasty monk. It's able to over come a lot of damage reduction and other issues that Pathfinder monks can't yet.

I also just don't get how a monk isn't considered a martial class, and is stuck with d8 hit die. It's a fucking MONK!

Araciel
11-02-2012, 02:35 AM
oWoD yes.

Sharky the DR issue in Pathfinder... I've honestly not gotten to high enough levels of play for it to matter, but the (kits) archetypes and ultimate combat etc help a lot with making the monk more viable, which it already seems to be out of the box in PF. I've always seen the monk as a cool idea but he always gets outniched by full rogue or full fighter...

NeoCracker
11-02-2012, 02:54 AM

I'm allowing all 3.5 books. Pathfinder is still a small system, so even though it does make a slightly better monk, once you factor in all of 3.5's available feats and other options, you can make a nasty monk. It's able to over come a lot of damage reduction and other issues that Pathfinder monks can't yet.

I also just don't get how a monk isn't considered a martial class, and is stuck with d8 hit die. It's a fucking MONK!

1) Half of a 3.5 Monks class abilities are so Circumstantial they never get used.

2) Just to rub in PF monks vs. 3.5 more, here is their Flurry of Bonus at 20th level.

PF: +18/+18/+13/+13/+8/+8/+3
3.5: +15/+15/+15/+10/+5

3) Pathfinder Monks AC Bonus Scales slightly faster, and ends up +1 AC higher.

4) I have no Idea what the hell you mean by Damage Reduction being something a monk Can't overcome in Pathfinder. Their Ki Strike, which is how a Monk in 3.5 overcomes DR, is exactly the same as a Pathfinder monk. This is just going into core mind you for both systems. By 16th level, their fists are considered adamantine,

In addition, with Pathfinder, if you have a high enough quality material (In this Case Adamantine) You can overcome the DR of anything ranked lower then adamantine. (Silver, slashing, bludgeonin, ect.) so the monks normal ability to overcome DR is inherently greater then the 3.5 monks.

This is not taking into account additional books from just first party. The Martial Artist Archetype can, at early levels, over come ANY DR.

5) Now without going into post Core Material, the Ki Pool in Pathfinder makes monks even better combatants. They can use Ki to make an additional attack during a Flurry of blows (At their full base, which during Flurry has a higher chance of hitting as a Pathfinder Monk then a 3.5 monk), increase their AC for a round, or add to his run speed.

Also his Abundent step is more useful. 3.5 monk gets it once a day. Pathfinder monk does it by spending points from his Ki Pool.

6) Monks have way more bonus feats to select from even at fist level. In addition, last Monk Bonus feat in 3.5 is 6th, PF continues to gain a Monk Bonus Feat every 4 levels after.

7) Lets not forget bonus's vs. Combat manuevers a 3.5 doesn't get. (Trips, bullsrush, ect.)

And mind you, if you want to start getting into things Monks have access to past core, I still have Combat Styles to throw at you. :cool:

Faris
11-02-2012, 06:04 PM
How many of us have completed our character sheets?

NeoCracker
11-02-2012, 06:06 PM
You, Bunny, and I believe Laddy.

Bunny
11-02-2012, 06:24 PM
Any ideas yet on when we'll start or is it still up in the air?

Laddy
11-03-2012, 02:04 AM
Yeah, my sheet's finished. I'm excited to play. :jess:

Bolivar
11-03-2012, 02:50 AM
So let's see 'em!

Token: 37904

Portrait: 37905

Character Sheet (I'm thuggin it old school (for now)):

I'm real surprised at how compatible Pathfinder is. I was able to make most of my character with my 3.0 book, and really just had to clean a couple things up.

Anyway, people don't get discouraged if you have an irregular schedule. I'm sure we all do and the key to success with a group is making accomodations for everyone's schedule. Well, I'm sure that's not the only key to success...

I'm excited bout this! Looking forward to checkin out this campaign...

Araciel
11-03-2012, 05:42 AM
THAT IS AWESOME

Making mine now.

NeoCracker
11-03-2012, 05:49 AM
So, the plan was to start gaming some time in the coming week. That MIGHT not happen.

1) I've now got 4 players who are pretty much finished (I still need to discuss a couple things with individual players, mind you, but that will take no time at all), so Now I have enough to design the session.

2) I just picked up Xenoblade, and I'm a weak, weak man. :(

I hope by Saturday I'll be ready, otherwise we might end up starting the week after. :p

sharkythesharkdogg
11-03-2012, 08:14 PM
UBH, I don't want to derail the thread, because I'm sure we could argue back and forth all day.:p I'll try to keep it short.

I understand your points, but I feel differently. I know the monk has always been a troubled class, but now it seems to stick out even more. Their MADness makes it tough. The ambiguity used in the rules for FOBs has caused issues in PF. No longer having improved natural attack as an option hurts. While the numbers on them were improved, the other classes are now even better. Plus you don't have library of things to pull from for you monk like with 3.5. No official psionics, Oriental Adventures, etc.

To me there's enough of a difference in the classes, that a PF monk is really hurting compared to other choices. In 3.5, it wasn't such a large disparity. Honestly, in PF trying to make a monk out of a fighter seems like a more viable option. I know you disagree, and that's fine.

Back to the subject, what is the schedule again?

NeoCracker
11-03-2012, 08:17 PM
1) Yes we could go on all day. Though in the end, both PF Monks and 3.5 Monks are going to lag behind other classes a great deal. :p

2) When I have everyones characters, I can get you a schedual> :p

sharkythesharkdogg
11-03-2012, 09:39 PM
Well Bunny already has the bard covered, but I'll try to roll up something incase the schedule works. Maybe something a little repetitive, so that if I can't work around schedule, the party won't really notice.

EDIT:This seemed appropriate.

http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/tabletop_roleplaying.png

Bolivar
11-07-2012, 05:53 AM
Bump to see that interest doesn't die down...

So what's been going on? Can we get a schedule update? Gm, how's setting everything up going? Do you need any help making maps? What about peoples and their character sheets? I know they can take a while to do the first time you jump back into them, so if you guys have any Q's or need some help filling in all the blanks, we're more than willing to help.

NeoCracker
11-07-2012, 08:20 AM
I've just got all the sheets the other day. Imma be working a bit extra this week, so next week the games can start. I'll know what times I am available after I get my schedual thursday. :p

Edit: There is still a couple of you I need to talk with in regards to how you got caught, but that won't take much time and shouldn't delay anything further.

Edit2: And has everyone downloaded openrpg yet? That's the program for the maping and what not.

Faris
11-07-2012, 10:05 PM
Were you able to figure out how to get everyone in one room on OpenRPG?

Also, if we are using Skype, might as well start exchanging them.

NeoCracker
11-07-2012, 10:11 PM
WE can chat in Open RP. :p

And yeah, me and Bolivar got everything figured out we needed too. Tomorrow I'll know my schedual for next week, and I should have everything ready to go by at least Tuesday. So, if everyone could post when they can play the following week, we can get this thing going soon!

Laddy
11-07-2012, 10:18 PM
Pretty much free all week except for Monday and Wednesday.

NeoCracker
11-07-2012, 10:23 PM
I'm pretty much garunted to work Wendsay, so I guess we can safely scratch that off of available nights.

Edit:

We have Laddy, Faris, Bolivar, and Bunny set to play right now.

It's still not to late to join in for anyone else.

Faris
11-07-2012, 10:24 PM
Oh okay, I was unaware of this. :p

Thursday is my only no day so far!

Bolivar
11-07-2012, 10:42 PM
OpenRPG has text chat but does it have voice? By all accounts its pretty hard to do this thing without it. My skype is rez687.

The only day that should be bad for next week is Tuesday from around noon-8. The weekend might be optimal since I'll be at my girl's and may have to work around her schedule.

Bunny
11-07-2012, 10:45 PM
I've already talked to UBH about my schedule but it wouldn't hurt to put it here as well:

Tuesday, Thursday, Friday: 3:30-9:30. Typically 3-10, but realistically 3:30 - 9:30 would work better.
Saturday: All day. Around 9:30 would be the preferred end time though.

Sunday, Monday and Wednesday are all bad days for me.

NeoCracker
11-07-2012, 10:55 PM
I don't have a Mic to right now, so we'd ahve to go text based. :p

NeoCracker
11-09-2012, 12:19 AM
And of course I can't do it Monday, Wensday, or Saturday.

Does Friday evening sound good for everyone then? (Not tomorrow, but next week. :p)

Bolivar
11-09-2012, 12:52 AM
I can try!

Bunny
11-09-2012, 01:46 AM
Fridays and Saturdays are the absolute best days for me to be involved in anything. So long as we are done by 10 my time (mountain) then we're good.

Laddy
11-09-2012, 03:17 AM
Works for me!

Faris
11-09-2012, 03:18 AM
So far so good. What time were you thinking?

NeoCracker
11-09-2012, 01:55 PM
As early as everyone can get on really. :p

Bolivar
11-09-2012, 11:51 PM
THIS IS ALL FINALLY COMING TOGETHER!!!

NeoCracker
11-10-2012, 12:26 AM
HUZZAH!

Bolivar
11-10-2012, 01:02 AM
You just reminded me of HUZZAH! (http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Farwil_Indarys)

Laddy
11-11-2012, 04:04 AM
HUZZAH, indeed!

MTKO
11-12-2012, 04:23 AM
I've never played either of these games, but I've heard a lot about D&D. I looked up Pathfinder and it seems that it works in a similar way, if I'm correct? I'm still really not sure how either of these games are played though. I know it has something to do with creating a character, lots of different dice, and progressing through a story of sorts. Would anyone care to give me a run down on how it works or teach me how to play? What are the carious items you need in order to play?

Laddy
11-12-2012, 05:00 AM
I've never played either of these games, but I've heard a lot about D&D. I looked up Pathfinder and it seems that it works in a similar way, if I'm correct? I'm still really not sure how either of these games are played though. I know it has something to do with creating a character, lots of different dice, and progressing through a story of sorts. Would anyone care to give me a run down on how it works or teach me how to play? What are the carious items you need in order to play?
Pathfinder is essentially just a re-imagining of 3.5 Edition D&D, so it's not too hard to get into if you're familiar with the system. Basically, if you've played an RPG, it works similarly. The major differences are that the story, characters, and outcomes are based on the player. In regards to items, you need dice, paper, and a character sheet at a minimum. However, since we're doing it via internet most of those can be handled through the computer.

Bolivar
11-12-2012, 09:31 PM
MTKO, essentially the whole game plays out with the Players saying what they want to do and the Dungeon Master/Game Master tells them what the result is. So let's say you want to go down the hallway of the dungeon, the DM might tell you what it smells like, what you can see, if there's any far away sounds or what not. Sometimes what the players want to do will have a chance of failure, and then the DM will require the player the roll some dice, add any bonuses their character might have with the action, and then determine if they were successful or not. So let's say we walk down that hallway and the DM says we encounter a locked wooden door. Let's say one of our characters made a Barbarian character and has a Strength bonus to knocking things down and smashing them. So the DM will have him roll a die, add his bonus to the number, and if it that number is higher than what the DM decided would be successful, he smashes that door to smitherines.

The one aspect that can get a little technical is combat. Combat plays a lot like a Strategy RPG if you've ever played one, like Shining Force, Fire Emblem, or Final Fantasy Tactics. Characters take turns on a grid, order determined by their dexterity and a random roll, and on their turn can move, attack, or use skills, or pretty much anything they want.

What's really awesome is that the game is only limited by your imagination. The game is most fun when you role play and use your character's unique strengths to solve problems in unorthodox ways. Character creation is a lot of fun, and you have a lot of freedom in choosing your starting race, class, skills, feats, and equipment.

I'd totally recommend checking out the free site (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/) we listed where you can look at the game systems and maybe even have a go at creating a character. I think this group'll stay pretty open if we get things going, so feel free to give it a try anytime!

Faris
11-13-2012, 09:21 PM
Has there been a time set yet?

NeoCracker
11-13-2012, 09:42 PM
All we have right now is Saturday. :p

Bunny
11-13-2012, 10:45 PM
Isn't it Friday?

NeoCracker
11-14-2012, 07:02 AM
You've got me there Bunny.

Faris
11-15-2012, 11:59 AM
And of course I can't do it Monday, Wensday, or Saturday.

Does Friday evening sound good for everyone then? (Not tomorrow, but next week. :p)

:eyebrow:

NeoCracker
11-15-2012, 01:50 PM
We've already determined I'm a little slow right now Faris, no need to point it out more. :(

Faris
11-15-2012, 01:54 PM
Don't smite me for this, DM! I'm the slower one missing what you meant. Woohoo.

I need a specific time so that I can work around it. :greenie:

NeoCracker
11-15-2012, 01:57 PM
I'm good all day, so we just need eveyrone else to chime in.

Laddy
11-15-2012, 03:31 PM
I can do it during the evening. :3

Bolivar
11-15-2012, 04:10 PM
evening would probably be best for me as well

Bunny
11-15-2012, 04:31 PM
How late in the evening are we talking here?

Faris
11-15-2012, 04:40 PM
Since everyone is leaning towards evening: 6:00pm EST would be best for me.

Bolivar
11-15-2012, 07:47 PM
hmmm that coudl work for me as well (i am on EST)

Laddy
11-15-2012, 08:26 PM
I would prefer 7PM EST but I can do 6PM EST

NeoCracker
11-16-2012, 07:32 PM
Okay, has everyone figured out how to use the OpenRPG program?

Faris
11-16-2012, 07:48 PM
For the most part, yes.

Laddy
11-16-2012, 08:13 PM
I got the idea down. :monster:

NeoCracker
11-16-2012, 09:04 PM
Excellent, I know Bolivar is good, not sure if Bunny figured it out. Hadn't had a chance to talk to him again since we tried the first time.

Bolivar
11-16-2012, 09:28 PM
hey guys gonna be honest might not be able to jump in tonight at 5-6 exactly but probably later tonight. You guys can start without me, I might be able to hop on later, if I can't make it it's all good.

Bunny
11-16-2012, 10:29 PM
Excellent, I know Bolivar is good, not sure if Bunny figured it out. Hadn't had a chance to talk to him again since we tried the first time.

I haven't had much of a chance to look around at the program, but I got everything working just fine. I'm ready whenever.

Laddy
11-16-2012, 10:35 PM
Yeah, me too. :excited:

NeoCracker
11-16-2012, 11:17 PM
Server: Yayness
Room: EoPF
Password: Ilikepie1

Password is Case Sensative.

Observers feel free to join.

Laddy
11-17-2012, 05:07 AM
We all died in the third room of the first dungeon. :monster:

NeoCracker
11-17-2012, 05:10 AM
And before anyone starts thinking I was un fare, all fights were below their CR, and I even gave them a bonus Cure Light Wounds Potion each before any of this started. :p

Faris
11-17-2012, 05:29 AM
Of course I crit failed while trying to escape. :greenie:

Bunny
11-17-2012, 05:36 AM
I am a master of rolling.

TrollHunter
11-17-2012, 06:53 AM
I... I have no words.

Værn
11-17-2012, 08:21 AM
Remember when I asked what that one button does? You know, that button that has the little picture of a floppy disk on it?
Well, good news! I clicked that button and found out what it does :D

Bolivar
11-19-2012, 05:18 PM
So... what's next? Are you all dead? Captured and imprisoned after being beaten unconscious? Where do we go from here?

Faris
11-20-2012, 08:57 PM
I request a do over :jess:

Laddy
11-20-2012, 08:58 PM
I as well. :excited:

Bunny
11-20-2012, 10:14 PM
I would be fine with a do-over with the same characters or starting fresh with new characters and just going that route. UBH said he didn't want to DM again, so do we have anyone else interested? Maybe we can get more than three people to play this time? It's pretty easy to learn it.

If we start with new characters, I already have mine made up.

Laddy
11-20-2012, 10:25 PM
Mine as well. I can do it, but I'm a shit DM. Like, not allowed to DM in my old group shitty. :(

Araciel
11-22-2012, 08:10 AM
I missed the session but I can run if I can get a few hours when y'all are available...I love DMing anyway

NeoCracker
11-22-2012, 01:46 PM
I would, but my spirit was kind of crushed after the last run. :p

But yeah, I've got a character I'd like to run anyway.

Faris
11-22-2012, 02:03 PM
Ouch :p

NeoCracker
11-22-2012, 03:03 PM
I'll show you guys how to make a character.

Of course, It may depend on how goofy a character he'd allow me to make. :p

Bunny
11-22-2012, 04:46 PM
Was the problem we didn't know how to make a character, or that two of us had never actually played the game?

Araciel
11-22-2012, 09:11 PM
Eh yeah I'm interested too...why so bad?

NeoCracker
11-23-2012, 03:09 AM
A complete and total breakdown of the party adn them breaking up formation constantly.

We had a sorcerer blow his entire magic load in the first fight against rats.

Bunny did fine up until he dropped his glaive to pull out the bow against the orcs.

Our Ranger seemed anti-melee weapon even though she was proficient in them, and the fights were all in close quarters.

The characters were all well made enough (With th epossible exception of a highly underwhelming spell selection, though really it wasn't so bad it was un usable, just very sub-optimal), it was just a serious of bad choices in combat, and some admittedly bad luck on Bunny's part with his rolls.

There was also the fact I gave them all a free Potion of cure light wounds, and no one thought to take them between fights to heal up their damage. :p

Værn
11-23-2012, 04:16 AM
Relevant video is relevant. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waa2ucfgVgQ)

Faris
11-23-2012, 05:04 PM
We warned you that we were noobs :greenie:

Araciel
11-23-2012, 08:09 PM
Well I can do Tuesday from like 12-8 pm eastern... Thoughts?

Bolivar
11-23-2012, 08:35 PM
I'm down, I just have to make time for it. Totally dropped the ball on missing last time.

Isn't there something where we can put up everybody's schedule and see which times of what days work for everyone? Doodle I think one's called?

I think Araciel would be good since he's done this before. I can also DM if need be, I've gotten good with some of the advanced features of maptool and you guys can just run it from the browser as well, no need to download or configure anything.

Araciel
11-23-2012, 11:38 PM
I will check out the program - also we can stick to these charactert I'll likely make up an adventure of my own

Faris
11-26-2012, 02:44 AM
Based on the schedules I collected, Tuesdays is good for all of us.

Jiro
11-26-2012, 03:14 AM
You guys are hilarious xD

Laddy
11-26-2012, 03:24 AM
Hey, why don't you play, Jiro? :monster:

Also, Tuesday is fine for me.

Jiro
11-26-2012, 03:31 AM
My schedule is going to be a bitch for a while but hopefully I can play the time after this next one :p

Bolivar
11-26-2012, 06:25 AM
I have a networking event Tuesday, but I might be able to do it afterward, like a little later here on the East Coast.

Araciel
11-27-2012, 02:40 AM
It looks like I have to be a dick and not play tomorrow - called into work.

Bunny
11-27-2012, 02:46 AM
Fridays and Saturdays will likely be my best days until winter break starts. Gotta buckle down and handle classes until then.

This Friday and Saturday are not good though, since I have a private and public grand opening at the distillery I work on those days.

Araciel
11-27-2012, 05:24 AM
Well let me work something up and then I'll share ... if people wanna play the same characters, I suggest you send them to me somehow.

If those characters don't have any backstory, I may make a short one..to fit into the adventure.

Bunny
11-27-2012, 05:37 AM
I created another character, a half-orc barbarian, just in case we needed to make new characters (I also wanted a barbarian). If you have any specific guidelines you want to use for creating characters (mainly dealing with ability scores; point buy or standard roll).

Both of them have back stories, though the barbarian's needs to be polished a bit. If you guys set a date for when this will go down and I can make it to play, I'll go ahead and send them to you.

Araciel
11-27-2012, 05:41 AM
It was a point buy before, we can keep that for simplicity.

I'll revisit my schedule tomorrow and see what I can work out.

NeoCracker
11-27-2012, 06:42 AM
Aasimar born to a halfing family. Your'e going to love this Ara. ;P
First number is stats after Racial. (I have the Str and Cha varient on the Aasimar Bloodline. :p)
Second is after being Middle Aged.
Third is after casting Lesser Age Restoration (I have it once a day using the varient to there Spell Like Ability)

Str: 20 (19) (20)
Dex: 14 (13) (14)
Con: 14 (13) (14)
Int: 11 (12) (12)
Wis: 11 (12) (12)
Cha: 9 (10) (10)

Oh, and I'm small. And a Titan Mauler Barbarian. So I get bonus's to anything larger then me. ;P

Bunny
12-06-2012, 12:09 AM
So what is the status on the next game? Or did I miss it somehow?

NeoCracker
12-06-2012, 12:18 AM
We all killed and ate Ara in an attempt to obtain his powers.

Araciel
12-06-2012, 12:30 AM
Tuesday - between 11 am eastern and 5 pm eastern I can do something.

Game specific details on the way.

NeoCracker
12-06-2012, 12:33 AM
Just wait, since we already have a frontliner, I may well change from my Bitchin' 20 Str small creater, and instead opt for the Con Based Castor.

Oh yes, there is a way to make such a horrifying thing. :p

Bolivar
12-06-2012, 12:41 AM
Please click and check what days you are available (http://doodle.com/vdfc69y6iucu22cu#table)

This is the scheduling site, I talked about, Doodle (http://doodle.com/). This is just a quick and easy one for the days starting after next Tuesday, which Ara proposed.

We can have a more in-depth one if we can brainstorm on what would be good general session times to list.

My character sheet was the lined paper one a few pages back, want me to PM you one?

Faris
12-06-2012, 12:50 AM
Next Tuesday I can not do xD Had to move my shift this ONE TIME

Laddy
12-06-2012, 01:05 AM
All right, I can roll a rogue or cleric. What do you guys want?

Bolivar
12-06-2012, 01:17 AM
i'm going to assume a cleric is more needed since people like to hit things with stuff. I'm gonna keep my Half-Orc Fighter since I haven't used him yet/he's still to make his epic debut.

Laddy
12-06-2012, 01:39 AM
Just rolled one up. I'm definitely gonna play smarter this time.

NeoCracker
12-06-2012, 01:57 AM
I'll go either my Caster (Which is a witch, thus can do the healing if need be) or my Barbarian depending on if we have a healer or not. :p

Faris
12-06-2012, 02:13 AM
I'll be keeping my Ranger because I'm too lazy fond of it to make another character.

Bolivar
12-06-2012, 02:36 AM
That's fine, too!

Bunny
12-06-2012, 04:47 AM
I filled out the Doodle thing. After Wednesday I should be free and clear of school (minus a relatively easy "final" on Thursday, but that won't effect my playtime schedule at all). Sunday (16th) will be bad because I have some obligation with my fiance's family that day. Other than that, I'm good.

If we need some type of healer, I would be more than happy to oblige the group with one. If UBH wants to play his freaky-weird Barbarian-thing, that is.

NeoCracker
12-06-2012, 05:02 AM
Oh don't worry, my caster is just as strange in concept as the midget Barbarian. :p

Laddy
12-06-2012, 05:14 AM
If Bunny goes healer, I'll go Rogue. If he doesn't, I got a Cleric.

So, Bun-Bun, what do you wanna play? I fine with either.

Bunny
12-06-2012, 05:33 AM
I will begin research and development of a healer over the next few days. UBH, make yourself available because I might need some help. :P

NeoCracker
12-06-2012, 05:36 AM
I'll help whenever I'm able. :p

Faris
12-07-2012, 03:24 AM
Apparently my coworkers are indecisive. Bolivar, dear would you mind deleting my first set of votes on Doodle? Also thanks for sharing that tool with us, it's quite handy!

Edit: Oh cool, I can delete it myself :D

Bolivar
12-07-2012, 05:15 AM
Handy indeed if your problem fixes itself before I can even respond!

Tools like that are absolutely essential if this thing is going to work. Speaking of tools, what are we going to use to play? I think Ara mentioned before having experience with roll20 and that one looked pretty awesome.

Bunny
12-08-2012, 02:10 AM
Alright, I have a healer more or less done. I just need to do some checking with UBH to make sure I didn't smurf anything up too bad. He's a cleric. His name is Ithy. He was born to make you feel better.

Araciel
12-08-2012, 05:38 AM
eheheh nice to see everyone excited to play..wish i had more availability

Bolivar
12-08-2012, 05:44 AM
It's ok! Nice new sig dude.. as in, I admire it, not "OH BUT YOU HAVE TIME TO CHANGE YOUR SIGNATURE!!!"

Araciel
12-08-2012, 05:47 AM
I'll figure something out - I usually am around from like 11pm - 3 am every night

Faris
12-09-2012, 02:49 AM
I'll figure something out - I usually am around from like 11pm - 3 am every night

You're in EST land, right?

Bolivar
12-09-2012, 05:26 AM
That's actually a really good time for me since things tend to pop up during the day...

Looks like Friday and Saturday are the only days laddy, bunny, and faris all sync up so I changed my entries to available for them... I can be good for those days if we hammer out a solid time. Life is complicated, and my girl is finishing a final for a class she's been studying for, for about the last year, so i know there's going to be lots of celebrations going on. Let me know.

NeoCracker
12-09-2012, 02:51 PM
Yeah, I work this Friday and Saturday. :(

Bunny
12-11-2012, 12:19 AM
Alright, Cleric is all ready and set to go. Whoever is running the next game let me know so I can send you the info that you want/need.

Faris
12-18-2012, 02:39 AM
How about we set a date in the new year after the holidays for a game? Then we can at least solidify space for a game.

Jinx
12-18-2012, 02:41 AM
SOMETHING FUN I WANT TO BE A PRETTY ELF

Laddy
12-18-2012, 04:52 AM
Sounds good. And Boobs, I can help you roll one up if you want.

Araciel
01-08-2013, 02:23 AM
Okay I'm trying to resurrect- thursday 1-9 pm est imma try to do a game - if there are three or more interested lemme know. I'll send out some messages in case you've all given up

Faris
01-08-2013, 02:24 AM
*can't do Thursdays* :(

Araciel
01-08-2013, 02:29 AM
Might swing friday but I'm on call friday

Faris
01-08-2013, 02:30 AM
We can always have my character come in another day.

Bolivar
01-08-2013, 02:30 AM
I can do it, we can set up another doodle

Bunny
01-08-2013, 02:32 AM
I should be able to do Thursday.

Laddy
01-08-2013, 02:33 AM
I'm pretty sure I can do Thursday too.

Araciel
01-08-2013, 02:37 AM
Ok well Faris it seems we'll be missin you at first but I need to collect some characters I think and maybe send out some minor background info

Faris
01-08-2013, 02:39 AM
That's a-okay. Will it likely always be on a Thursday? If not, feel free to do with my character what you want for the first game (except kill her plzkthx).

Araciel
01-08-2013, 02:43 AM
As previously stated ... My schedule is quite mercurial. Thursday is good this week next time may be/ most likely be different.

Araciel
01-08-2013, 05:57 AM
Bunny - Cleric
Tifa's Boobs - Pretty Elf?
Bolivar - Half Orc Fighter
Faris - Elven Ranger
Laddy - Rogue
UBH - Midget Barbarian
Cim ??
Jiro ??

Am I missing anyone?! Also send me all your infos on characterrrs.

chionos
01-08-2013, 12:12 PM
Have you considered PbP (Play by Post)? I know live is fun, but it's quite nearly impossible to pull off getting anything beyond 2-3 people together on a regular basis. I've seen successful hybrid pbp+occasional live games before.

Faris
01-08-2013, 02:43 PM
Have you considered PbP (Play by Post)? I know live is fun, but it's quite nearly impossible to pull off getting anything beyond 2-3 people together on a regular basis. I've seen successful hybrid pbp+occasional live games before.
If we do this we can probably ask for an invite only group to do posting in or make a forum for ourselves.

Araciel
01-08-2013, 04:09 PM
I've played in a pbp once and tried to run a few that fizzled out - I don't think I have what it takes to run such a game... but I'd be willing to try it again for eoffers.

Araciel
01-10-2013, 05:41 PM
https://app.roll20.net/join/67743/q3N2nQ

I hope that link works - You may need to create a free account with your e mail address.

NeoCracker
01-10-2013, 07:32 PM
And I guess I will have time to play today! :monster:

Araciel
01-10-2013, 08:04 PM
what time were you thinking i have a few hours left - heheh

NeoCracker
01-10-2013, 08:05 PM
Well I just started writing up the character, I figured it woudl be later on today. XD

Mind you I could finish the character probably in about 15 minutes. :p

Araciel
01-10-2013, 09:27 PM
bolivar and i are in the room so anytime

Faris
01-10-2013, 10:51 PM
Have fun you guys! Do post a summary of the night's happenings in the end :love:

Araciel
01-10-2013, 11:07 PM
you could join now... if you could...

Jinx
01-10-2013, 11:23 PM
I'm soliciting minors in a bar.

:)

Araciel
01-10-2013, 11:30 PM
And how!

Jinx
01-10-2013, 11:43 PM
Just making my character the biggest whore possible.

Faris
01-10-2013, 11:46 PM
you could join now... if you could...

I have to leave for something not even a hour in :(

NeoCracker
01-10-2013, 11:53 PM
...Fuck, I got distracted. :(

Bolivar
01-11-2013, 01:34 AM
I'm yelling at some tree humanoids in Orcish to no response, but the number 34 seemed to set something off in them...

Jinx
01-11-2013, 01:50 AM
This is legit the most fun I've had in awhile.

Araciel
01-11-2013, 01:51 AM
The cast:

Rakses, a fledgling member of the Pathfinder Society, charged to escort Lady Enyale on her way to the city of Absalom.

Enyale, starting her Life Journey, a time in every elf's life when they travel the land and learn of other cultures and places

The story thus far:

Rakses showed up at the tavern in Thorngrove. There were militia men and farmers and an odd brown-skinned man there. Rakses took up a seat at the bar as everyone kinda' tried to ignore him since his heritage, as it does, got in his way of making friends

after chatting with the slightly more tolerant barkeep, Rufus, Rakses was roused from his drink when a tall, exotic and mysteriously beautiful elven woman walked in. The bar fell silent as all the yokels set eyes on her. After meeting Rakses, her contact and escort, the woman set about making the local militia men uncomfortable enough to leave.

Enyale, the elven woman, offered a drink to the foreigner and he took it as a sign that the two of them would become 'fast friends' after some uncomfortable moments for Rakses, it seemed Amir the foreigner and Enyale were destined for a great future together, however Enyale's finely tuned elven ears heard an odd humming sound coming from outside.

A few moments later, five golden locusts the size of small dogs crashed into the bar and instantly began to tear apart the furniture! The farmers bolted and Enyale called to her future lover and asked that he protect her.

Amir didn't quite see the benefit of this plan and double-timed it out the door a moment after the farmers. he let out a loud scream shortly thereafter. Rufus and Rakses set about bashing the metallic locusts while Enyale assessed the situation from the bar.

After a moment, she had decided not to sit and wait, and blasted one of the beasts with a ray of frost. She then stepped to another one and sliced through it with her bladed fan of death.

Not to be outdone, Rakses leaped onto a table and slashed one of the beasts in half, then stabbed another and smashed it into pieces against the wall. With the immediate threat neutralized, the three went outside, as now the buzzing sounds had intensified.

The scene was disturbing to say the least - thousands of these mechanical beasties had laid waste to the small collection of wooden buildings. While the militia and farmers were still trying to stop the locusts, there were simply too many.

With the town ruined with the exception of Rufus' tavern, the militia leader, Jones, got all of the people into safety there. Jones told the two an old crone, Raven, may have more of an idea what or who could have done this and why, but said he and his men wouldn't brave the journey to her home as she was not very friendly to uninvited guests.

Enyale decided to go and seek this woman out and help the villagers. Rakses agreed as it was his job to see her to Absalom safely, even if she took a detour.

So the two set off, in the dark of night, for a three hour walk to the old Raven's house. When almost there, Enyale was watching the stars as she asked Rakses about his heritage. The half-orc noticed they were being watched by three foot tall tree people that were rooted into the ground. After the two discussed what to do at length, he got impatient and simply roared at them. Seeing them sit motionless, he walked ahead along the path. Enyale dashed to keep up and then they both broke into a sprint as they passed the beasts.

Just then a haggard old woman stepped out into the path and yelled at the 'trespassers'

...and so the first session came to a close.

Bolivar
01-11-2013, 03:57 AM
Araciel's a really great GM and the web app worked great. Really lookin forward to the next one!

Laddy
01-11-2013, 04:16 AM
Sorry I couldn't make it. I had plrehearsal and I'm really really really sorry. I'll see if I can make the next few. I definitely want in, though.

Jinx
01-11-2013, 04:22 AM
All of Laddy's characters are big, black guys

Laddy
01-11-2013, 04:23 AM
So? I can dream, can't I? :colbert:

Araciel
01-11-2013, 06:43 PM
Peter the Paladin - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtbZRqu5s7c)

Araciel
01-12-2013, 09:21 PM
Next one will likely be Friday between 1-9 EST - lemme know if specific times work for some of yous

Faris
01-12-2013, 09:24 PM
Friday is perfect for me :love:

Skyblade
01-13-2013, 05:28 AM
*Sigh*

I have no fixed schedule that would allow participation in a regular series of RP sessions, which is a shame, because I'd really like to try this.

Although I am off next Friday. Maybe I'll give it a shot, though I'm not really sure where to begin.

Araciel
01-13-2013, 05:50 AM
I can help you - most people are gonna' be dropping in and out anyway it would seem so it wouldn't be out of place.

To start, simply tell me what you want your character to be able to do, do you want to do magic, combat, thief stuff, a combination, healing?

All we have to determine is what kind of character you wanna play and I can fill in the blanks.

Laddy
01-13-2013, 05:52 AM
All right, I'm gonna roll up my rogue now. He'll be fun. :roll:

Araciel
01-13-2013, 06:28 AM

Enyale, Rakses and the innkeeper try to stop the golden locusts from demolishing the tavern!

Laddy
01-13-2013, 06:44 AM
Rolled him up. He's gonna be a lot of fun for you guys. I know it. :lol:

Araciel
01-13-2013, 06:59 AM
Send it along! We'll figure out how to get everyone into the game.

Bolivar
01-13-2013, 08:34 AM
In that picture I just jumped on a table, kicking over plates in the process, and slashed that thing to dust!

Sky you should totally get in on it if you're free it was pretty damn fun. You might wanna check out the free resource (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/) we've been using and make your own because picking your feats and skills and overall character creation is one of the most fun parts of the game. We can definitely help you get started though, since it can be overwhelming at first.

Skyblade
01-13-2013, 09:04 AM
I'm talking it over with Araciel to get the information I need. Who knows, maybe I'm already there, in some corner of the pub. So don't wreck the whole place or you'll ruin my meal.

Yeah, ok, I've pretty much settled on a Human Bard, at least for this go around, but my gosh there is a lot of info to go through.

And picking feats may be fun, but only if you know what each of the hundred feats does, or how they work in practice compared to how they look on paper.

Bolivar
01-13-2013, 09:24 PM
Haha, yeah they can seem a little overwhelming just look for the ones that would go well for the kind of character you're trying to role play. The names are pretty self explanatory, so from there just pick whichever's you're favorite.